IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 449.
#12801 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The game doesn’t shut off.
And don’t get there with an extra ball in your pocket and you’ll be fine.

Why ? What happens if you have an extra ball and reach that stage ?

#12802 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Why ? What happens if you have an extra ball and reach that stage ?

Once you beat final showdown it skips snowball and you lose a ball.

#12803 2 years ago

If it helps, I’ve beaten final showdown 5 times (demo mouth kill every time), and I’ve never seen the bug.

#12804 2 years ago

I am having an issue with my lock.

While playing, the diverter arm/coil for the TK lock will just randomly fire as though a ball has traveled up the left ramp (even though the ball is on the main PF).

Where should I start looking? Opto issue?

#12805 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am having an issue with my lock.
While playing, the diverter arm/coil for the TK lock will just randomly fire as though a ball has traveled up the left ramp (even though the ball is on the main PF).
Where should I start looking? Opto issue?

Check the opto on the left ramp. It’s about half way up the ramp.

#12806 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Me too. But I found a Pro kit and am using it for now.

Waitin on prem kit here since juneish? I think ..

#12807 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

I see Stern released code updates for a bunch of games today. Nothing for Stranger Things. They either think they nailed it with the current code or they don't care enough about the game to update it.

I think they nailed it! Some of the games are getting a new mode. Ie. JP- Goat mode.

I got super excited when I seen all the games listed.

#12808 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I think I’ve been since April…

#12809 2 years ago

4 hours of continuous 4 player games and she's still working like a charm. long live NIB pins

#12810 2 years ago

What do people do to fix this? When coming out of the target…maybe 1 in 25 of my balls will do the green path and straight down the middle which is frustrating

0EECE184-9315-4C7C-8A13-986DB86E5CB2 (resized).jpeg0EECE184-9315-4C7C-8A13-986DB86E5CB2 (resized).jpeg
#12811 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

What do people do to fix this? When coming out of the target…maybe 1 in 25 of my balls will do the green path and straight down the middle which is frustrating
[quoted image]

check to see if the ball stopper is hitting the ball on the way out. On some machines it's slamming into the ball not giving enough time to leave the area causing the ball to hit the rail and do that trajectory. There is no software adjustment but you can cut down the spring that returns the post to the up position. There is info in the thread on the modification.

#12812 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

check to see if the ball stopper is hitting the ball on the way out. On some machines it's slamming into the ball not giving enough time to leave the area causing the ball to hit the rail and do that trajectory. There is no software adjustment but you can cut down the spring that returns the post to the up position. There is info in the thread on the modification.

Thank you so MUCH....any idea how far back it is?

#12813 2 years ago

Hey all, I ordered a pro and it is expected to come in in a couple of weeks. I went ahead and ordered a couple of accessories as well. The topper came in (I ordered from Gameroom Goodies) and it has about a 1/2 inch crack in the mirror and the box it came in was damaged as well. I saw a previous post here where there was much more severe damage but I was wondering if anyone had any advice? I immediately sent an email to Gameroom Goodies about this but I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience with this. The crack isn't THAT big but I don't want it to get worse with time and also....the thing is freakin' $700!

EDIT: Wow Gameroom Goodies got back to me immediately haha. They said I could send it in for a refund or they would send it to Stern for repair. I'm worried Stern is going to fix it and then send it to me again with crappy packaging...

#12814 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Yeah I’ve been waiting on mine since June. Anyone know where I can find a premium/LE UV kit? When I ordered it, it said 4-6 weeks…

#12815 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah I’ve been waiting on mine since June. Anyone know where I can find a premium/LE UV kit? When I ordered it, it said 4-6 weeks…

It’s been frustrating to hear of the delays with all of the Stern accessories, but the delays on the UV kit are downright maddening. The kit IMO directly affects the mood of the gameplay. The fact that owners of this game and loyal Stern customers have to wait many months for such a small component is just ridiculous. I firmly believe that the lack of UV kits directly affected the overall sales of this title. I would’ve gladly paid an upcharge for the kit to come preinstalled on the machine from the factory.

#12816 2 years ago

Personally to me, the kit delay is what it is.. it’s not just stern, and even if it was if they had a choice right now between games going or kits - games make more sense. Crazy that some key component is delayed 5 months though.

1 blanket email from distributor and no replies to subsequent emails is more frustrating to me when the item is paid for.

#12817 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ordered mine in January and still no sign of it!

#12819 2 years ago

Looking to join the club and was made aware that Premiums are discontinued. For someone that has played or owned both is the gameplay very different between the two (pro vs premium)? Is it worth the hunt for a premium?

Thanks!

#12820 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Looking to join the club and was made aware that Premiums are discontinued. For someone that has played or owned both is the gameplay very different between the two (pro vs premium)? Is it worth the hunt for a premium?
Thanks!

Pro plays better but the projector is cool. It is 100% not worth the current price difference.

#12821 2 years ago

Is it worth the hunt for a premium?

Yes, the projector and other features add quite a novelty to the premium. If I had to repeat the hunt, I would look for an LE. The purple armor on the LE is REALLY nice IMHO.

#12822 2 years ago

I see the wait on UV kits is crazy and my bigger concern is when that projector goes out. Unless you have a pro, you cannot play the game if your projector goes out. Any word if Stern has replacements?

#12823 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I see the wait on UV kits is crazy and my bigger concern is when that projector goes out. Unless you have a pro, you cannot play the game if your projector goes out. Any word if Stern has replacements?

You can 100% play this game with no projector. Yes. Stern has replacements.

#12824 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can 100% play this game with no projector. Yes. Stern has replacements.

Good to hear. It’s been my concern with getting a premium.

#12825 2 years ago

Thanks!

Once properly dialed in there is no comparison in imho. If you play the Premium it will be hard to go back to the Pro. The Pro is a solid choice but the Premium/LE offer a much upgraded playing experience. You must take the time and patience to properly dial in the P/LE, otherwise you will be frustrated with it which detracts from the enjoyment, but once you get it it’s SO worth it! Also factor in that this is a somewhat religious debate and you will find that both Pro and Premium owners will swear theirs is better and they made the right choice. If you can, try to play both and then decide. If that’s not feasible it may come down to availability and price, assuming you can find a Premium/LE.

#12826 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Once properly dialed in there is no comparison in imho. If you play the Premium it will be hard to go back to the Pro. The Pro is a solid choice but the Premium/LE offer a much upgraded playing experience. You must take the time and patience to properly dial in the P/LE, otherwise you will be frustrated with it which detracts from the enjoyment, but once you get it it’s SO worth it! Also factor in that this is a somewhat religious debate and you will find that both Pro and Premium owners will swear theirs is better and they made the right choice. If you can, try to play both and then decide. If that’s not feasible it may come down to availability and price, assuming you can find a Premium/LE.

This. Once you get the game dialed in it is a much better experience than the Pro. But it comes at a cost as you won't see many Premiums or LEs for sale.

#12827 2 years ago

Help! Have a premium and the white reflective for the left ramp stand up has fallen off and not enough adhesive to reattach it. Is there a replacement or a fix that anyone has found for this? Thought about supergluing it back, but not sure that is good idea or not.

302AEB85-296B-4AB9-9198-C5D837210A97 (resized).jpeg302AEB85-296B-4AB9-9198-C5D837210A97 (resized).jpegE269A31A-CBF0-4892-B124-83499188D958 (resized).jpegE269A31A-CBF0-4892-B124-83499188D958 (resized).jpeg
#12828 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Help! Have a premium and the white reflective for the left ramp stand up has fallen off and not enough adhesive to reattach it. Is there a replacement or a fix that anyone has found for this? Thought about supergluing it back, but not sure that is good idea or not.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can get a whole replacement kit. I would just use some 3m double sided tape that’s cut to fit. Is there an extra in the goody bag possibly?

#12829 2 years ago

You have replacements in your goodie bag. Clean with alcohol and replace with the two stickers. One with a hole in it, then one without a hole that goes on top.

#12830 2 years ago

Tilt amusements will have a stranger things topper for sale at Pincinnati if anyone wants one.

#12831 2 years ago

chuckwurt but if I open the goodie bag - how will I ever sell the game without an unopened bag!!!! LOL!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have replacements in your goodie bag. Clean with alcohol and replace with the two stickers. One with a hole in it, then one without a hole that goes on top.

#12832 2 years ago

Was hoping to make the trip down but 7 hours one way is a bit much for me unfortunately.

#12833 2 years ago

starting to think that i'm never gonna break a billion unless i move the outlane pegs to the middle spot

#12834 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

starting to think that i'm never gonna break a billion unless i move the outlane pegs to the middle spot

That’s where they are supposed to be per Brian Eddy.

#12835 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

[quoted image][quoted image]

You can also use Tacky Glue ; available on Amazon. Thats what i used on my target decal that came off. Hundreds of plays later its still on.

#12836 2 years ago

Gift Ideas for the STh owner -

For the small budget, I saw these D20 keychains at Free Play Florida sold by 'Its All Geek to Me' -

IMG_0383 (resized).jpgIMG_0383 (resized).jpg

For the medium budget, you can find the official STh lighted tapestry on eBay -

IMG_0435 (resized).jpgIMG_0435 (resized).jpg

For the big budget, track down a revolving arcade sign like the one at FPF -

IMG_0423 (resized).jpgIMG_0423 (resized).jpg

#12837 2 years ago

Be super diligent about collecting the inlanes, with a 5x bonus multiplier on a good ball you can score hundreds of millions on bonus alone

#12838 2 years ago

The mission bonus potential is where the big points are. I've had games where the bonus was larger than my score at the time.

#12839 2 years ago

oh, the modes are definitely where the scoring is at and yes, the bottom lanes are maybe more important in this game than in any other i can remember playing

even TK mulitball and total isolation don't really score very well. nothing like looking up at the end of a two minute long multiball to see like 90 million points lol

part of me wants to leave the pegs where they are because i'm pretty sure the day i make it to the final showdown/snow ball i won't want to play the game any more

edit: also the game is different than most in that you want to score big on ball 1 to carry the bonuses over to every other ball, so there's added pressure right away. i really, really suck at this game at league because it's set up just a little different than mine at home and it really throws me off

#12840 2 years ago

total isolation don't really score very well.

Total isolation can be massive but you have to have 2x running the whole time.

TK is nothing unless you play it forever and have 2x.

#12841 2 years ago

there definitely seem to be two paths in the game- TK MB/Demogorgon/center drops for casual bangers and then "everything else" for people that play for score

my wife has played probably a hundred games now and every time Hop says 'complete the bottom lanes to light mystery' she says I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS even though i have sat there and showed her what it means fifty times lol

#12842 2 years ago

If playing for score I’m going demogorgon modes all day.

#12843 2 years ago

i hate shooting the center drops and will very rarely aim for them. demogorgon modes are just something that happen for me

i will sometimes rush to Bust Out if i accidentally start the first demodog mode, though, since it sucks so hard to try to do with one ball

i like quarter hunt, get me out, turn up the heat, morse code and what mama says for mode points

i mean like...the third demogorgon mode is awful. in theory if you have 2x scoring going yeah it's like 200 million for 3 shots. in reality it's bashing the demogorgon 15 times over the course of 2-3 minutes just to survive the mode

#12844 2 years ago

i like quarter hunt, get me out, turn up the heat, morse code and what mama says for mode points

Save will can be around 200 million if your combo it and have 2x running.

#12845 2 years ago

i mean like...the third demogorgon mode is awful. in theory if you have 2x scoring going yeah it's like 200 million for 3 shots. in reality it's bashing the demogorgon 15 times over the course of 2-3 minutes just to survive the mode

I’ve gotten 180 million on that many times.

#12846 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve gotten 180 million on that many times.

i haven't

#12848 2 years ago

no.

#12849 2 years ago

Final payment sent for my December run Pro. Got the topper, UV kit, blades and premium translite. Just waiting on the game.

#12850 2 years ago

enjoy it, i've literally only met one person that doesn't like it and they can't articulate why, just 'don't like how it shoots'

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/257?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.