IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 449.
#12751 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Can anyone help me and PM me directly some pictures.. I'm so beyond frustrated... keep getting STDM from the TK lock...rolls most of the way up doesn't make the turn and boom. I have an LE and keep hearing about an additional part from Stern to help this, and TBH I'm not sure if mine has it or not...love the game just am OVER losing balls. Machine is level and on the correct pitch...running out of options.
Thanks

Read this. DO EVERYTHING. After you’ve done all that, if you’re still having issues, let us know.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#12752 2 years ago

Didn’t think the day would come, but my LE is sold pending pick up on 12/11. Not taking it to Pincinnati.

#12753 2 years ago

also, you know if you have the new part or not if there is a metal piece riveted to it. the replacement ramp cover doesn't have it.

#12754 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t think the day would come, but my LE is sold pending pick up on 12/11. Not taking it to Pincinnati.

Congrats!! How many plays did you end up putting on it?

#12755 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Congrats!! How many plays did you end up putting on it?

Like 3k

#12756 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

#12757 2 years ago

Damn, I still have a lot to go!

And don't ever sell your Baby Pacman.

#12758 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Damn, I still have a lot to go!
And don't ever sell your Baby Pacman.

Not technically mine, and wouldn’t sell anyway. Too good for the crap prices it goes for.

#12759 2 years ago

Who is going to be mayor of this thread then?

#12760 2 years ago

I’ll still be around. Can’t wait to see what connected achievements they add to this.

#12761 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow!

#12762 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Who is going to be mayor of this thread then?

Lol

#12763 2 years ago

RIP chuckwurt ! Hope you got the mother load for it. Mines bolted.

#12764 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:seen it 3 times in 500+ plays lol
is 11 even coded?

If you change settings to tournament then Bullshit is always the 4th Mystery award .
11 ? Stranger Points ? Yes had that quite a few times.

#12765 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

RIP chuckwurt ! Hope you got the mother load for it. Mines bolted.

Yep. It was the price that had to sell at. A game that expensive has no business in my collection. Haha.

#12766 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

If you change settings to tournament then Bullshit is always the 4th Mystery award .
11 ? Stranger Points ? Yes had that quite a few times.

Oh man, I need to do this. I feel like 98% of the time I get awarded “Extra Time”

#12767 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

Oh man, I need to do this. I feel like 98% of the time I get awarded “Extra Time”

That’s because when you’re in a mode, every other award is extra time. This is the case on default settings or tournament mode.

#12768 2 years ago

So for BS to be the 4th mystery award you don’t need to be in tournament mode you just can’t be in mode when you get a mystery award correct ?

#12769 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

So for BS to be the 4th mystery award you don’t need to be in tournament mode you just can’t be in mode when you get a mystery award correct ?

No. Mystery awards are random if not in tournament mode. If in tournament mode, they are in this order.

Advance Spinner
Stranger Points
Advance Dart
Bullshit
Collect Drawing
Spell of Protection
Burn it Back
Hold Bonus
Demodog attack is lit
5 way combo
Extra ball lit - 15 million points if collected
Start Chapter mode
(I did not look to see how the rest are awarded as I doubt anyone plans to get more than 12 mystery awards in a single competition game )

But remember, no matter if you’re default or tournament mode, if playing any kind of timed mode, every other award collected will be add time.

So in default settings and you’re in a mode:

Add time
Random mystery award
Add time
Random mystery award

In tournament mode and playing a mode:

Add time
Advance spinner
Add time
Stranger Points

#12770 2 years ago

So with how the mystery awards behave, you can see why, with 20 awards, it’s hard to see all of them with any regularity.

#12771 2 years ago

Thanks @chuckwurt. Don’t sell you’re Shadow. ; )

#12772 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Thanks chuckwurt. Don’t sell you’re Shadow. ; )

That’s going nowhere. Haha

#12773 2 years ago

Anyone would know what type of input does CN3 require for volume control ? Looks like it's essentially button type, ie + and -, but in this case you can't use a rotary encoder, unless adding a small circuit ?

And yes I know I can buy it off the shelves, I just want to build it myself...

Cheers

#12774 2 years ago

What do the 11 and BS mystery awards actually do? Never gotten 11 but I know BS plays the audio after every switch hit for 50 or so hits right?

#12775 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

What do the 11 and BS mystery awards actually do? Never gotten 11 but I know BS plays the audio after every switch hit for 50 or so hits right?

bullshit is a switch frenzy mode that is on a timer. It can go on forever if you keep getting add time from mystery award during it. I’ve gotten over 100million from that mode before.

The Eleven mystery award I don’t think does anything.

#12776 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

bullshit is a switch frenzy mode that is on a timer. It can go on forever if you keep getting add time from mystery award during it. I’ve gotten over 100million from that mode before.
The Eleven mystery award I don’t think does anything.

Gotcha thanks! How does the scoring work in BS?

#12777 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Gotcha thanks! How does the scoring work in BS?

Every switch scores points. Not sure on each switch amount.

#12778 2 years ago

Hey all , I recently picked up some titan purple rubber to replace the factory ones but they don't glow under UV well... So I believe the picture I seen floating around on the reactive purple UV rubber was pinball life? Anyone care to confirm? Also was considering some lighting for speakers but I'm using a wizardmods magnet on speaker panel and was wondering if it would even look good... But any help I'd appreciate!!

#12779 2 years ago

If I get the new stranger things pro build with insider connect already installed, will I be able to use the uv kit?

#12780 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

If I get the new stranger things pro build with insider connect already installed, will I be able to use the uv kit?

I don't see why not.

#12781 2 years ago
Quoted from XtraTonic:

Hey all , I recently picked up some titan purple rubber to replace the factory ones but they don't glow under UV well... So I believe the picture I seen floating around on the reactive purple UV rubber was pinball life? Anyone care to confirm?

Yes, I used Purple Perfect Play rubber from Pinball Life, and looks good under the UV.

#12782 2 years ago
Quoted from XtraTonic:

Hey all , I recently picked up some titan purple rubber to replace the factory ones but they don't glow under UV well... So I believe the picture I seen floating around on the reactive purple UV rubber was pinball life? Anyone care to confirm? Also was considering some lighting for speakers but I'm using a wizardmods magnet on speaker panel and was wondering if it would even look good... But any help I'd appreciate!!

Yes. Looks 80's neon pink in the Upside Down UV mode.

#12783 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes. Looks 80's neon pink in the Upside Down UV mode.

Ah good to know, the description on their page does not indicate it's UV reactive. I also have purple rubber installed on my machine (came like this), and it does not react at all, so was wondering

Is this the link ? : https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-flipper-rubber-standard-size.html

Does it show on a picture ?

#12784 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

No offense at all to the craftsmanship, but why use the game title? It is already on every piece of cab art and the apron and the topper if people have them.

I only do 3D printed toppers (no printed decals), which limits me to certain designs. Also, all of my toppers are developed upon requests of owners (I don’t proactively do designs for new titles on my own), and I typically give them a lot of say in the design based upon what they want. When I arrive at a design, sell the first set to the person who’s idea it was, and they send me photos of the toppers installed on the pin then if I like how they look I make the owners group aware and offer them for purchase to everyone. In this case the owner wanted STRANGER THINGS with the demogorgon worked in somehow along with being UV reactive, and this topper design was the result.

Pinball mods are just a hobby for me, and I realize not everyone is going to like everything I make (I never take offense to constructive criticism). In the end I might only sell one set or in some cases dozens, and either is okay with me. There are plenty of other offerings out there (mostly by professional designers and mod companies) and I support the diversity of ideas and creativity.
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#12785 2 years ago

WTB - Premium/LE UV Light Kit

I've had one on order since June and am losing patience. Anyone got one they are looking to sell?

#12786 2 years ago

I just joined the club again and I am enjoying it. Couple quick questions that I have, #1 are there any modes that just use the purple GI lights? If not I might replace all the purple GI lights out for cool white ones…has anyone done this? #2 any tricks to keep this one way gate from falling off (see picture)?

7628A63E-FBC3-4165-9E65-3C7AF916EA34 (resized).jpeg7628A63E-FBC3-4165-9E65-3C7AF916EA34 (resized).jpeg
#12787 2 years ago

Pinch the gate bracket so the gate wore poles out the side more.

Purple GI only min upside down.

#12788 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pinch the gate bracket so the gate wore poles out the side more.
Purple GI only min upside down.

If I have the Stern UV kit do the purple lights go off during upside down

#12789 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

If I have the Stern UV kit do the purple lights go off during upside down

They stay on. Whites turn off.

#12790 2 years ago

I see Stern released code updates for a bunch of games today. Nothing for Stranger Things. They either think they nailed it with the current code or they don't care enough about the game to update it.

#12791 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

I see Stern released code updates for a bunch of games today. Nothing for Stranger Things. They either think they nailed it with the current code or they don't care enough about the game to update it.

I think they were all for insider connected, no real changes. Stranger Things will get this update soon

#12792 2 years ago

Or they haven’t finished whatever they are working on. And yes, the game is great as is. It has to get a connected update. All LCD games support it.

#12793 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think they were all for insider connected, no real changes. Stranger Things will get this update soon

Yea - all Insider Connected stuff other than BKSOR which got some actual updates.

Mando, SW, StrThings, GoTG, Munsters, BM66 and Beatles are still awaiting licensor approval for Stern Connected changes.

#12794 2 years ago

Speaking of code updates - I have a suggestion. Where do we send them??

It seems on the skill shot if you hit two drop targets and one is the lit shot, it sometimes does not award it. The software should recognize if you hit two simultaneously, you should be awarded the skill shot, even if the wrong target dropped a microsecond earlier.

#12795 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[email protected]

#12796 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It seems on the skill shot if you hit two drop targets and one is the lit shot, it sometimes does not award it. The software should recognize if you hit two simultaneously, you should be awarded the skill shot, even if the wrong target dropped a microsecond earlier.

So a skill shot with no skill?

#12797 2 years ago

Anyone else still waiting on a Pre/LE UV kit? Mine was ordered in May and I still haven't gotten it.

#12798 2 years ago
Quoted from BradyScribbles:

Anyone else still waiting on a Pre/LE UV kit? Mine was ordered in May and I still haven't gotten it.

Me too. But I found a Pro kit and am using it for now.

#12799 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or they haven’t finished whatever they are working on. And yes, the game is great as is. It has to get a connected update. All LCD games support it.

Not that I know from personal experience, but I heard there is a bug with Final Showdown or Snowball that shuts the game off. If I ever get to that mode and it crashes I’m going to be pissed.

#12800 2 years ago

Not that I know from personal experience, but I heard there is a bug with Final Showdown or Snowball that shuts the game off. If I ever get to that mode and it crashes I’m going to be pissed.

The game doesn’t shut off.

And don’t get there with an extra ball in your pocket and you’ll be fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/256?hl=mlarkin78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.