IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 448.
#12701 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I had some trouble with mine as well. Reseating the connections on the node board inside the topper fixed mine. Perhaps temporarily substituting a different CAT cable between the topper node and CPU board? There is nothing else inside the topper but a single strip of 72 RGB LEDs which plug into the node board. Your power cable seems fine as the LEDs are lit. Not much else to do. Would be interested in knowing your final fix.

I tested the ethernet cable with my cable tester the other day, seems to be fine but I will try another cable though just to be sure. Stern is having me send it in for repairs.

UPDATE: I tried a different ethernet cable before boxing it back up and the issue persists.

#12702 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

I just installed mine the other day! Picked it up at chicago pinball expo. Looks pretty nice

Can you upload a picture?

#12703 2 years ago

I found the stand up target decals without the center holes in the goodie bag still stapled. Thanks, guys!

#12704 2 years ago

Speaking of targets. This is the LE on route near me that I mentioned with the target decals that fell off. It badly needs a cleaning but is holding up reasonably well. The local operator puts LEs on route when they come out, so figure this has been on route for about 21 months.

The screen and drop targets are filthy. You can see where balls that go wide off the side of the ramp have left dirt trails where they hit the side screens.

IMG_0311 (resized).jpgIMG_0311 (resized).jpg

Five of the white target decals fell off, including one of the large targets behind the drops.

IMG_0312 (resized).jpgIMG_0312 (resized).jpg

The dimples may have smoothed a little, but have not disappeared as many said they would. (When reviewing my photos, it kind of looks like ghosting at the bottom of these inserts. I will have to look closer the next time I visit. That may just be a reflection.)

IMG_0316 (resized).jpgIMG_0316 (resized).jpg

The shooter lane is not too bad, and you can see typical wear.

IMG_0318 (resized).jpgIMG_0318 (resized).jpg

I don't see any wear on the inlanes where the ball drops. The saucer has the most wear on the game, with some chipping but probably typical with heavy play. I guess that would be a good candidate for a protector or Mylar.

IMG_0319 (resized).jpgIMG_0319 (resized).jpg

#12705 2 years ago

That is heartbreaking.

#12706 2 years ago

Just installed PinMonk flipper fans. Damn! Huge game changer! I had trouble with my TK lock. Not anymore! If you’re on the fence about these, don’t be. Totally worth it.

#12707 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just installed PinMonk flipper fans. Damn! Huge game changer! I had trouble with my TK lock. Not anymore! If you’re on the fence about these, don’t be. Totally worth it.

Stranger Things is Pin Zero - the one that started it all. If the flippers hadn't gotten so soggy so fast I may never have gotten into temp-testing pin coils and ended up making a cooling solution for them. chuckwurt was really helpful with the initial testing as I iterated my first designs to cool the flipper coils, and now here we are more than a year later with cooling kits available for most of the pins released in the last 5 years and more on the way. It's been a very entertaining, educational journey.

Glad your digging them and looking forward to seeing your massive scores.

#12708 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Speaking of targets. This is the LE on route near me that I mentioned with the target decals that fell off. It badly needs a cleaning but is holding up reasonably well. The local operator puts LEs on route when they come out, so figure this has been on route for about 21 months.
The screen and drop targets are filthy. You can see where balls that go wide off the side of the ramp have left dirt trails where they hit the side screens.
[quoted image]
Five of the white target decals fell off, including one of the large targets behind the drops.
[quoted image]
The dimples may have smoothed a little, but have not disappeared as many said they would. (When reviewing my photos, it kind of looks like ghosting at the bottom of these inserts. I will have to look closer the next time I visit. That may just be a reflection.)
[quoted image]
The shooter lane is not too bad, and you can see typical wear.
[quoted image]
I don't see any wear on the inlanes where the ball drops. The saucer has the most wear on the game, with some chipping but probably typical with heavy play. I guess that would be a good candidate for a protector or Mylar.
[quoted image]

Jesus. That operator needs to take better care of their games. I saw an LE in Gatlinburg that looked like that.

#12709 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That is heartbreaking.

#12710 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I can’t agree more. I have Pin Monk flipper fans for both Stranger Things and AIQ. They have made a world of difference. Before the fans, I’d have to avoid certain shots due to flipper fade and that’s no way to play.

#12711 2 years ago

Yeah that captain marvel ramp is money on a fresh game then sucks like 20 mins in. Not to mention trying to hit the center ramp on the fly as a combo.

#12712 2 years ago

I just ordered up a set for my GnR. That thing plays like a turd after 10 minutes. I'm psyched to get those now and start playing that game again. Honestly, I've been avoiding it due to the terrible flipper fade. It's been mostly an expensive piece of art in my basement. LOL!

#12713 2 years ago

Wierd issue. I cant open my backbox door on my LE? When i got it months ago i had my distrib install uv kit and stuff before delivery so he already had latest code on there. So i never have opened up backbox until my topper arrived today. I went to open the backbox and the key will only turn halfway. Tried another backbox key and same thing. Just seems stuck. Anyone ever have a sticky backbox door?

What to do? Dont want to break the key off in there.

#12714 2 years ago

Looking to buy a ST Premium. Anyone know of one for sale?

#12715 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wierd issue. I cant open my backbox door on my LE? When i got it months ago i had my distrib install uv kit and stuff before delivery so he already had latest code on there. So i never have opened up backbox until my topper arrived today. I went to open the backbox and the key will only turn halfway. Tried another backbox key and same thing. Just seems stuck. Anyone ever have a sticky backbox door?
What to do? Dont want to break the key off in there.

Nm wow that took a ton of rattling. Seems the latch back there is just off a bit

#12716 2 years ago

I acquired a new spare s6000 projector direct from the manufacture for my Stranger Things Premium. Same exact unit and model number. While I can get the new projector to display the Stranger Things video, it's not automatic. For example:
- When I turn the game on the new projector doesn't come on. I have to manually press the side power button on the projector.
- When the projector comes on there is an intro screen with some display options and I have to manually select (with a provided remote control) the "USB" screen and then I get the Stranger Things video.
- When I turn the game off the projector stays on. There is apparently an internal battery in the projector to keep it running on loss of power. Again I have to manually press the side power button on the projector to turn it off.

Obviously there must be a way or setting to automate this new projector but I'm at a loss. There are crude projector instructions but the printed English translation is nonsensical. Can anyone provide some initial setup instructions? Stern?
Thanks for any help!

#12717 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

I acquired a new spare s6000 projector direct from the manufacture for my Stranger Things Premium. Same exact unit and model number. While I can get the new projector to display the Stranger Things video, it's not automatic. For example:
- When I turn the game on the new projector doesn't come on. I have to manually press the side power button on the projector.
- When the projector comes on there is an intro screen with some display options and I have to manually select (with a provided remote control) the "USB" screen and then I get the Stranger Things video.
- When I turn the game off the projector stays on. There is apparently an internal battery in the projector to keep it running on loss of power. Again I have to manually press the side power button on the projector to turn it off.
Obviously there must be a way or setting to automate this new projector but I'm at a loss. There are crude projector instructions but the printed English translation is nonsensical. Can anyone provide some initial setup instructions? Stern?
Thanks for any help!

Did stern not have these available for warranty replacement? They gave me a warranty replacement like a year after I had the game.

#12718 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

When the projector comes on there is an intro screen with some display options and I have to manually select

Is the menu in English? If not, try using google translate with your phone camera to view and translate it.

Does the remote work on your original one to view the settings and compare?

Maybe they customized it for Stern or there is a special commercial version with auto off/on.

#12719 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did stern not have these available for warranty replacement? They gave me a warranty replacement like a year after I had the game.

At this point I don't need a warranty replacement, just looking for a working spare.

#12720 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Is the menu in English? If not, try using google translate with your phone camera to view and translate it.
Does the remote work on your original one to view the settings and compare?
Maybe they customized it for Stern or there is a special commercial version with auto off/on.

The menu is in English but it's all centered around setting up the projector to a smartphone via WiFi to project video or pics from the smartphone, and even that I could not figure out how to do.
And I'm afraid to try the remote on the original projector for fear of undoing how it's currently set up. I'm sure there is someone at Stern who knows the setup, but finding that willing person might be tricky. I hope not.

#12721 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

At this point I don't need a warranty replacement, just looking for a working spare.

The stern provided projector has specific firmware.

#12722 2 years ago

TK lock kit came. it looks more complicated than i thought- i'll have to remove that whole Eleven assembly- and the kit only came with one plastic spacer. :/

#12723 2 years ago
Quoted from TrixTrix:

The stern provided projector has specific firmware.

Ugh, that sucks.... Unless someone at Stern is willing to share the firmware so it can be used on stock units

#12724 2 years ago

So, I own one now from march 2020 and I play it like 2 times a week. This table still does it for me, every time I play a game it gets me so happy. What a great game this is with some great shots.
I know there is a whole group of people who disagree. Even some of my friend were negative of this game at first but after playing it in my gameroom most of them were hooked and are searching for their own gamerooms.

#12725 2 years ago

A lot of the haters never gave it a chance even though it was released with really early code. Then the pandemic shut down locations and they just never revisited it. The game is so different from what was originally released. I really feel like those of us that continued to send in audits and talk with the designers helped shape the game and it's so much better for it. I've heard a number of people at tournaments say the game is really growing on them now that they are playing it more. The shutdowns really hurt this game a lot

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12726 2 years ago

first girl scout meeting in a very long time at the house tonight. it's league night so i don't get to be there but it'd be fun to watch the kids squee over the machine i'll have to check the audits before i leave and see how much they play

#12727 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i'll have to check the audits before i leave and see how much they play

make 'em pay $2 per game. lol

#12728 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

make 'em pay $2 per game. lol

im saving that one for the drunken relatives at thanksgiving

#12729 2 years ago

im saving that one for the drunken relatives at thanksgiving

ahh good call there. do our F14s allow for $2 games too?

#12730 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

ahh good call there. do our F14s allow for $2 games too?

Well, i sold F-14 to another pinsider. He had so much fun playing F-14 the last time they were here that my cousin went home and bought a Hurricane two days later. Unfortunately his 12 year olds don't gaf about it so it may be on the market again soon

looks like the most you can charge for F-14 is fifty cents
f 14 pricing (resized).pngf 14 pricing (resized).png

#12731 2 years ago

Well, i sold F-14 to another pinsider. He had so much fun playing F-14 the last time they were here that my cousin went home and bought a Hurricane two days later. Unfortunately his 12 year olds don't gaf about it so it may be on the market again soon
looks like the most you can charge for F-14 is fifty cents
[quoted image]

Change out the coin door, put only a bill acceptor in it. Set the game to 50 cents (two quarter pulses) and the bill acceptor to one pulse per dollar. Voila!
$2 games.

#12732 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Viola $2 games

genius!!

#12733 2 years ago

trip report: once i realized i had the right tools the tk lock warranty cover install was not too bad. worst part was finding something to lift up the back of the playfield while i got that back left bolt out. so far, i don't see a big difference, but at least i think i can finally quit monkeying with my machine

#12734 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

No way Stern shipped it out that way. I would say you’re dealer opened and repackaged poorly. They should be covering everything IMO.

Uh well think again. Just got my topper returned back from Stern today. They repaired it put it in a new box and did the same shitty packaging job. Guess what it’s broke all to shit. I knew it was broke before even opening it because you can hear the broken glass. Mind blowing to me that a company does such a poor job on something as simple as shipping.

#12735 2 years ago

yeah my topper had a bent corner and is pretty clearly a refurbished return- the inside of the glass is all smudged and fingerprinty. what are you going to do

#12736 2 years ago

yeah my topper had a bent corner and is pretty clearly a refurbished return- the inside of the glass is all smudged and fingerprinty. what are you going to do

Complain to Stern and ask for a discount since they sent you a used item or instead send an actual new one. Selling refurbs or returns as new is illegal.

#12737 2 years ago

Stating the obvious here but for $650 for probably a $100 item (at best and, yes, I bought one) you think they could invest an extra $5 on packaging. It’s kind of insulting but, at the same time, we enable it.

#12738 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Stating the obvious here but for $650 for probably a $100 item (at best and, yes, I bought one) you think they could invest an extra $5 on packaging. It’s kind of insulting but, at the same time, we enable it.

You'd think they would pay the return shipping on a defective product, too, but that didn't happen in my case, either.

#12739 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

No kidding. At the very least some stickers that say Fragile this side up or Contains glass would of cost next to nothing. This thing never had a chance once it was handed off to UPS. Keep in mind I’m only a few hours away from where it was shipped from Stern. Unbelievable.

#12740 2 years ago
Quoted from DustinP:

This thing never had a chance once it was handed off to UPS.

The packing looks like something you would see on a store shelf that is shipped on a pallet and not ready for shipping individually without a second box.

#12741 2 years ago

Pro shipped today. Looking forward to a Stranger Thanksgiving…

#12743 2 years ago

Hope you get your game and a whole lot of "Bullshit!" My favorite mode

#12744 2 years ago

Just posted my new 3D UV reactive Stranger Things flipper toppers for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/124417

ST (resized).jpgST (resized).jpg
#12745 2 years ago

Had my best game to date (after about 1,700). Finally hit Total Isolation 2 and Demogorgan mode "Can't Stop This" - what a rush!!

HS1 (resized).jpgHS1 (resized).jpgHS2 (resized).jpgHS2 (resized).jpgHS3 (resized).jpgHS3 (resized).jpg
#12746 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just posted my new 3D UV reactive Stranger Things flipper toppers for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/124417
[quoted image]

No offense at all to the craftsmanship, but why use the game title? It is already on every piece of cab art and the apron and the topper if people have them.

#12747 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

why use the game title?

Maybe Xmas lights and letters using the same red UV on black? (just an idea)

flipper bat2 (resized).jpgflipper bat2 (resized).jpg

flipper bat (resized).jpgflipper bat (resized).jpg
#12748 2 years ago

Kids on bikes and UV reactive would be cool.

#12749 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Hope you get your game and a whole lot of "Bullshit!" My favorite mode

seen it 3 times in 500+ plays lol

is 11 even coded?

#12750 2 years ago

Can anyone help me and PM me directly some pictures.. I'm so beyond frustrated... keep getting STDM from the TK lock...rolls most of the way up doesn't make the turn and boom. I have an LE and keep hearing about an additional part from Stern to help this, and TBH I'm not sure if mine has it or not...love the game just am OVER losing balls. Machine is level and on the correct pitch...running out of options.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.