IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 449.
#12651 2 years ago

Has anyone installed a pf protector on their game? I was wondering if there would be any glare or reflections issues with the UV artwork if having the UV Light Kit installed.

#12652 2 years ago

Kind of wondering : has anyone taken a look at the pico projector provided, and if it could be upgraded to a better version ? I'm sure Stern used an off the shelf product

Mechanical integration might be a problem though

#12653 2 years ago

manual says it's this projector PROJECTOR, NANNING WINTOP INT'L TRDNG, MODEL S6000

I haven't been able to buy one but I would love to pick up a spare that isn't part of a $700 assembly from Stern

possibly this? https://www.tradewheel.com/p/portable-audio-video-cd-player-video-280622/

#12654 2 years ago

kinda wish there were some callouts like the sneak in bonus on CFTBL when things like going backwards through Burn it Back or falling into the pops from the left orbit shot happen

#12655 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I wouldn't hold your breath as they did prem last call in ~Feb '21 (and just to unload on hand inventory). Just grab a pro now if you still can, and upgrade later if they do run more.
Stern sat on prem inventory *forever*. Also, my hot take/speculation is that they were a manufacturing/support nightmare (TK lock) and Stern doesn't want to deal with it. That and they have a gazillion other things that are selling like hot cakes anyway.

I heard no more Premiums just Pros if they do another run. Do yourself a favor and find a used premium. That’s you’re best bet.

#12656 2 years ago

Wow, it sounds like the premium/LE should hold their value with no more coming.

#12657 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Wow, it sounds like the premium/LE should hold their value with no more coming.

They are stupid expensive, but I can’t bring myself to sell mine, so my price is stupid high. Haha

#12658 2 years ago

Is there any indicator you have a combo active on this game?

#12659 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Is there any indicator you have a combo active on this game?

Nope. Just the LCD when you’re shooting them.

#12660 2 years ago

Damn, I can both never keep track and when I'm confident I have hit the 5-way I often don't get it leading me to believe I've lost it somehow along the way. Would love them to sneak some sort of visual in the next update apart from the quick LCD popup that I usually fail to see

#12662 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Has anyone installed a pf protector on their game? I was wondering if there would be any glare or reflections issues with the UV artwork if having the UV Light Kit installed.

I play one on location with the playfield protector. It has no issues with the uv or reflections.

#12663 2 years ago

If anyone is thinking of selling their LE to make room for GZ, send me a PM. I’m looking to join the club!

#12664 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Damn, I can both never keep track and when I'm confident I have hit the 5-way I often don't get it leading me to believe I've lost it somehow along the way. Would love them to sneak some sort of visual in the next update apart from the quick LCD popup that I usually fail to see

True. Same problem for the danger alert. Animation is the same for the first and the second warning. It would be great to see one demodog for the first, two for the second…

#12665 2 years ago

Do all of elwins games have combo indicators? I know Maiden does for sure. I may have just for the first time witnessed it on Jurassic Park last night but have not played enough to confirm (might be the helicopter flasher?).

#12666 2 years ago

Just completed Send It Back for the first time, what a blast! And I still don't know what I'm supposed to do to complete Operation Mirkwood!! I seem to hit the orange arrows at the ramps, but there's no sign of any progress... how do you complete this mode?

#12667 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Just completed Sent It Back for the first time, what a blast! And I still don't know what I'm supposed to do to complete Operation Mirkwood!! I seem to hit the orange arrows at the ramps, but there's no sign of any progress... how do you complete this mode?

10 ramps. Increased scoring if you combo them.

#12668 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

10 ramps. Increased scoring if you combo them.

Thanks... the lack of indication of how many shots are left to make left me wondering if just hitting the ramps was the thing to do... I'll be counting next time so at least I know where I am

#12669 2 years ago

Easy to follow when combining. Hopper says 1 million, 2 million, etc.

#12670 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

the lack of indication of how many shots are left to make left me wondering

Most of the modes have the red bar in the upper right side of the main screen to see your progress filling the bar.

#12671 2 years ago

Demogorgon Screen in constant motion?
Had a really great game (for me) recently and found myself immersed in a 6-ball multiball. In the heat of the moment I noticed that the Demogorgon Screen was in constant motion - up down up down... until whatever mode I was in ended and the screen returned to normal operation.
I'm hoping that this was game intentional and not a software glitch?

#12672 2 years ago

Happy Halloween from my indiana basement to yours...

26D66BEB-7238-422F-A8CE-65A13BE09F9D (resized).jpeg26D66BEB-7238-422F-A8CE-65A13BE09F9D (resized).jpeg7024D708-673B-4D5F-B16A-445558807DDD (resized).jpeg7024D708-673B-4D5F-B16A-445558807DDD (resized).jpeg
#12673 2 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Demogorgon Screen in constant motion?
Had a really great game (for me) recently and found myself immersed in a 6-ball multiball. In the heat of the moment I noticed that the Demogorgon Screen was in constant motion - up down up down... until whatever mode I was in ended and the screen returned to normal operation.
I'm hoping that this was game intentional and not a software glitch?

Going to have to be more specific. What mode? I don’t recall any mode that moves the projector main screen up and down. Sounds like a bug to me, but hard to picture what you’re describing without video.

#12674 2 years ago

Pretty sure it was run will the 4th demogorgon mode

Run Will!: Multiball mode similar to trap em. Phase one, shot the demo during the hurry up to lock in the jackpot value. Phase two, all the drops are lit for jackpots. Collect those to light the Demo for a SJP hurry up. Trick is, the ramp will lower and raise every second or two. Complete the SJP to start the jackpot phase again to work towards another SJP hurry up.

#12675 2 years ago

That’s definitely has a flashing stutter effect to the animation when the MB starts.

#12676 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Happy Halloween from my indiana basement to yours...

Awesome!

#12677 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Trick is, the ramp will lower and raise every second or two.

Yup, not a glitch.

#12678 2 years ago

Oh I see what they were asking. Haha. I thought they meant the image on the projector. Haha

Yes. The ramp going up and down every second or so is normal.

#12679 2 years ago

Happy Halloween from Billy Hargrove, Tybee Island, GA.

IMG_0139 (resized).JPGIMG_0139 (resized).JPG

#12680 2 years ago

i have my machine by the front door and i usually turn it on during baseball games to play during pitching changes and such and it was pretty gratifying that so many kids trick or treating last night a) knew what it was and b) thought it was cool

didn't want to be the creepy dude inviting them in to play, though, so they had to observe from afar

#12681 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i have my machine by the front door and i usually turn it on during baseball games to play during pitching changes and such and it was pretty gratifying that so many kids trick or treating last night a) knew what it was and b) thought it was cool
didn't want to be the creepy dude inviting them in to play, though, so they had to observe from afar

Next year put it out in the garage or driveway! We do that sometimes.

#12682 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Next year put it out in the garage or driveway! We do that sometimes.

NOT THE PRECIOUS!!!!

hell, we're hosting thanksgiving and considering the way my relatives liked to beat on F-14 playing 4 player games for three hours straight i might have to put STh on coins

...i know it's stupid and i love that my wife is playing the game because she LOATHED F-14, but i wish she'd...try more? it kind of sucks to see twenty games worth of wear a day put on a brand new game because someone just smashes the ball as hard as they can every time they get a chance. that's why i could never be an operator, ever. still, much rather she play it than not. that's why i bought it!

#12683 2 years ago

I’d get over that phobia as quick as possible if I were you. Games are supposed to be played. A lot. These games can take a beating. Just keep up with cleanings and maintenance and it will last forever.

#12684 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d get over that phobia as quick as possible if I were you. Games are supposed to be played. A lot. These games can take a beating. Just keep up with cleanings and maintenance and it will last forever.

working on it. i don't generally buy 11 thousand dollar toys so this is new to me

it's hard not to take the glass off every time i see a fleck of dust on a ramp lol

#12685 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

working on it. i don't generally buy 11 thousand dollar toys so this is new to me
it's hard not to take the glass off every time i see a fleck of dust on a ramp lol

surprised you don't have a phobia of shattering the glass all over the table taking it off that much

#12686 2 years ago

Yeah I was one of the lucky ones that paid original NIB prices for mine, so I get it.

#12687 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

surprised you don't have a phobia of shattering the glass all over the table taking it off that much

oh i do! haha

i'm just gonna do what Stern recommends. clean and wax every 500 plays, replace balls when i see visible wear and que sera, que sera.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I was one of the lucky ones that paid original NIB prices for mine, so I get it.

same (I still have no idea how or why my distro let it go for the price they did) topper, shooter, UV kit, cliffys, new balls, renting the truck to move it from Long Beach etc. put it at around 11k total. we had to bump up our insurance coverage at the house lol

oh also forgot $40 for an Ooze Canister for the buddy that hooked up the deal to add to his TMNT

#12688 2 years ago

is this ghosting?

20211101_115635 (resized).jpg20211101_115635 (resized).jpg
#12689 2 years ago

Doesn’t appear to be. But maybe just a tiny bit.

#12690 2 years ago

Looks like it a little bit. I wouldn't worry about it.

#12691 2 years ago

i notice it on at least half the inserts, but i wouldn't have even known to look for it if not for this thread

#12692 2 years ago

Hey guys!

First off, I have already emailed Stern support, and am waiting for a response. (Just wanted to say that before all the replies come haha)

So at Chicago Pinball Expo I purchased a topper for our Stranger Things Pro. Yesterday I spent the evening installing it, but for some reason it does not want to work properly... The LEDs come on, but they aren't animating in any specific or correct pattern (see attached image). When I go into the node board diagnostics, it says that node board 12 (topper) is either “not initialized” or “not responding”.

Is this something I could be doing wrong? I double checked all of the connections both in the back box, and inside the topper.

Curious if anybody else has ran into this issue before. This is my first topper install.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

IMG_5809 (resized).JPGIMG_5809 (resized).JPG
#12693 2 years ago

I had some trouble with mine as well. Reseating the connections on the node board inside the topper fixed mine. Perhaps temporarily substituting a different CAT cable between the topper node and CPU board? There is nothing else inside the topper but a single strip of 72 RGB LEDs which plug into the node board. Your power cable seems fine as the LEDs are lit. Not much else to do. Would be interested in knowing your final fix.

#12694 2 years ago

My pin came with some replacement target decals (good thing), but they all have holes in the middle which is not true to the original target decals. The holes kind of make sense for the stand-up targets which have rivets in the middle, but make no sense for the drop targets.

Where are you guys getting your replacement decals, preferably with no holes in the middle?

I'm reluctant to buy the $100 LSOG kit when I only need a handful of decals for the drops and stand-ups.

Thanks

#12695 2 years ago

There should be decals for the drops. They are white with no hole in the middle. Are you sure you’re looking at the right ones? Only the standup decals have two parts. One with a hole then one decal to go over the one with the hole.

#12696 2 years ago

I would highly recommend buying the kit. You’ll thank me down the road especially if you play it a ton. Sound investment.

#12697 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I would highly recommend buying the kit

I know the LE on route near me has many missing target decals due to so many plays.

#12698 2 years ago

The game comes with plenty of replacements for the small targets. The kit is more replacements for those plus all the large screens too.

#12699 2 years ago

Anybody have the Stern "sold separately" side armor on their machine?

#12700 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Anybody have the Stern "sold separately" side armor on their machine?

I just installed mine the other day! Picked it up at chicago pinball expo. Looks pretty nice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/254 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.