f 14 pricing (resized).png
IMG_0312 (resized).jpg
IMG_0316 (resized).jpg
IMG_0318 (resized).jpg
IMG_0319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0311 (resized).jpg
IMG_5809 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 257.
#12601 38 days ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

bought my topper from cointaker on September 8. just got shipping confirmation today.
they did upgrade the shipping to FedEx so good on 'em for that

Bought mine from them in July. I also got a shipping notification today. Glad to finally be getting it.

#12602 38 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

This just happened [quoted image]

That picture was just too good, I couldn't help myself...

10dc21bbdbdf75e427ed7c1eee2e1f13bea3a52a~3 (resized).jpg
#12603 38 days ago

Pro owner here since May.
So how often are people getting to TI2 or the mini wizards ?
I’d say I’m an average player , only made TI2 once. Haven’t started either of the mini wiz modes.
To be fair I only put a handful of plays on it each week.

#12604 38 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

I’d say I’m an average player , only made TI2 once. Haven’t started either of the mini wiz modes.

Not as often as I would like! I find STh is a game I need to stay in practice with if I want to do good. If I do not play it for a couple weeks and then come back to it, it takes awhile for me to find my groove again. I would say TI1 is pretty common, almost every decent game. TI2 is quite a bit harder for me. If I'm in practice, I would say 1 in 10 games or so. Very achievable, but not a gimme. SIB and LTF are pretty rare for me. I have only been to each a handful of times. I still haven't quite put it all together for Final Showdown, though I have been very close. I'm sure I will get there someday, and it would definitely help if I focused on the game more and didn't get distracted by other machine. That build-up of wizard modes is one of the things that makes this such an amazing game. No matter your skill level, or if you just aren't doing very well that day, there is a satisfying wizard mode within reach. It's a perfect progression.

#12605 38 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

With stock settings, I was getting there fairly regularly. Need to concentrate on getting lots of EBs. Burn it back (2), modes (2), drawings, etc. Need 3-4 EBs to get deep into this game.

Also, you need to start playing it more.

#12606 37 days ago

I got to TI2 exactly once in a breakaway 1.5ish billion game. The next highest score I think is 600 mil.

#12607 37 days ago

My problem is I tend to try and maximize the modes and I take a lot of risks that if I was just trying to get to the end game I wouldn't but I just can't stop myself. Mode completion is so extremely valuable and for me rewarding. I get to ti1 regularly and ti2 less often but usually once every other play session or so. My best games score wise at nearly 3 billion I don't think i started ti2. Rocked out the demo modes and had a nearly 400 million bonus on one ball if I remember correctly. Couldn't get my phone in time. I really wish they add a bunch of champion leaderboard things. Aiq is spoiling me as everything has a champion heh

#12608 37 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bend the gate out so it sits flush with that ball guide or just past it. Fixed it for me.

Mine was getting stuck there as well. I bent the gate up and now no issues. Good luck.

#12609 37 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My problem is I tend to try and maximize the modes

it's worth it though. i've deliberately rushed to TI1 a few times- maybe 6 or 7 in the 250 plays we've put on it- but those games were not good scores. taking your time with the modes is utterly worth it

#12610 37 days ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Bought mine from them in July. I also got a shipping notification today. Glad to finally be getting it.

Likewise. I bought mine in June and got a shipping notification yesterday.

#12611 37 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

With stock settings, I was getting there fairly regularly. Need to concentrate on getting lots of EBs. Burn it back (2), modes (2), drawings, etc. Need 3-4 EBs to get deep into this game.
Also, you need to start playing it more.

Yes - I probably should play more. I do actually have the time

#12612 37 days ago

I have made TI2 only a handful of times and I have a 600 plays maybe 1000. Not quite sure.

I also have my setting on easy and even changed a few other settings to make the game easier. I’m clearly not very good but it’s fun. Would love to get to the mini wizard modes or the final wizard mode.

#12613 37 days ago

Well, Chuck does put this game in a similar bracket to NBA FastBreak, Munsters, and World Cup as far as easy to complete. Not sure I agree with that as I've completed NBA a number of times but never Stranger Things. Munsters doesn't even have a wizard mode and that goal defeats the purpous, and World Cup is truly the best beginner game. He is a much better player than I tho

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-modes-how-many-here-have-finished-a-game#post-6561562

I'd go out on a limb and say Guardians, AIQ, and Stern Star Wars are easier than Stranger Things. I've been much closer on all 3 than Stranger Things

#12614 37 days ago

You just have to sell out and focus on getting to the end. If all you care about is playing safe, earning EBs and even timing out ends of modes, it becomes easier.

There are too many modes to not have some sort of plan of attack.

#12615 37 days ago

I can't bring myself to time modes out, Just not fun at all to me. Since I own it I'll gladly take as long as it does to see it all. I've had AIQ for just a few weeks and I nearly started battle thanos last night. Now there is so much more to that game than the final wizard.mode and I know I left a lot of points unearned but I wasn't even trying to get there. Guardians took me 7 months to get butted up to save zandar. Didn't even bother to go after it again and from what I understand from those that have seen it I'm not missing much.

#12616 37 days ago

Yeah. Immolation is way better than Xandar.

#12617 37 days ago

Lighted flippers in!

4DE88EB0-F125-4EA6-9840-2BFE7491FDFF (resized).jpegD86DCD72-34A9-4F1F-BFA7-957F988A4D5E (resized).jpeg
#12618 37 days ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My problem is I tend to try and maximize the modes and I take a lot of risks that if I was just trying to get to the end game I wouldn't but I just can't stop myself. Mode completion is so extremely valuable and for me rewarding. I get to ti1 regularly and ti2 less often but usually once every other play session or so. My best games score wise at nearly 3 billion I don't think i started ti2. Rocked out the demo modes and had a nearly 400 million bonus on one ball if I remember correctly. Couldn't get my phone in time. I really wish they add a bunch of champion leaderboard things. Aiq is spoiling me as everything has a champion heh

Finishing modes is one of the strong points for me on this game. I’m an OK player at best and find the modes on this game are pretty fair and super satisfying to finish, and that 80s keyboard crescendo when you finish them is pretty sweet.

#12619 36 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You just have to sell out and focus on getting to the end. If all you care about is playing safe, earning EBs and even timing out ends of modes, it becomes easier.
There are too many modes to not have some sort of plan of attack.

What do you mean by timing out modes?

#12620 36 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

What do you mean by timing out modes?

I assume cradling the ball till the timer ends?

#12621 36 days ago

That was my first thought too but I thought the game pauses. It also doesn’t sound very fun. However, if your close to a big achievement like TI2 and you on last ball. Not a terrible idea.

#12622 36 days ago

But if you time out and don’t play modes on Stranger Things your score blows! I love the way Mike and Lonnie made mode completion and end of ball bonus big on this game.

#12623 35 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That was my first thought too but I thought the game pauses. It also doesn’t sound very fun. However, if your close to a big achievement like TI2 and you on last ball. Not a terrible idea.

Time out the END of modes. If you’re close to the end, trap and wait. Seems like a small thing but will help your advance. And if you’re one mode away from TI, trap and wait until the pause, shoot a shot, trap and wait, etc.

#12624 35 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

But if you time out and don’t play modes on Stranger Things your score blows! I love the way Mike and Lonnie made mode completion and end of ball bonus big on this game.

Score doesn’t matter when you’re trying to beat a game.

#12625 35 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Score doesn’t matter when you’re trying to beat a game.

True but it’s also nice to combine the two.

Is it TWD that lists how you got to certain modes and high scores? Always found that made you want to maximise both strategies.

Either way I don’t think I will ever truly complete this game no matter how long I have it on loan the number of modes in this game is nuts!

#12626 35 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

True but it’s also nice to combine the two.

Absolutely. I was just trying to help someone get a plan together if all they wanted to do was get to the end.

#12627 35 days ago

Ordered my topper from cointaker in March and received it in September, so at least I received it. I also ordered the UV light kit Premium back in January from cointaker, but no sign of it yet. At the time I ordered it, it showed as in stock, and when I called them to check on it, they said they only took orders for the amount they were promised from Stern. Obviously there are lots of possible reasons for the extensive delay, but should I be worried about never receiving it? Or should I expect to eventually receive it, since it was not a preorder?

Note: I saw earlier comments on just reordering from GAP or wherever, but none of those sites have it, not even Ebay.

#12628 35 days ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Ordered my topper from cointaker in March and received it in September, so at least I received it. I also ordered the UV light kit Premium back in January from cointaker, but no sign of it yet. At the time I ordered it, it showed as in stock, and when I called them to check on it, they said they only took orders for the amount they were promised from Stern. Obviously there are lots of possible reasons for the extensive delay, but should I be worried about never receiving it? Or should I expect to eventually receive it, since it was not a preorder?
Note: I saw earlier comments on just reordering from GAP or wherever, but none of those sites have it, not even Ebay.

We are in the exact same boat and they told me this week that they put in a wtf inquiry to Stern and should have an answer this week. They said they have an accessories shipment coming this week from Stern but they’re not sure if the AV kits are in there. If and when I hear anything I’ll PM you with the news.

#12629 34 days ago

My Pro UV Kit is scheduled to get here tomorrow. I’ll sell it for $200 with free shipping in the US, PM me if interested. Retail cost is $279.

#12630 34 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My Pro UV Kit is scheduled to get here tomorrow. I’ll sell it for $200 with free shipping in the US, PM me if interested. Retail cost is $279.

I'd take you up on it but I gotta have the Premium version since my machine is a Premium...

#12631 34 days ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

I'd take you up on it but I gotta have the Premium version since my machine is a Premium...

I suspect a lot of us Pro buyers will want the Premium kit too. It just occurred to me that it might be worth saving my Pro kit just to have a spare set of UV-reactive plastics.

#12632 34 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I suspect a lot of us Pro buyers will want the Premium kit too. It just occurred to me that it might be worth saving my Pro kit just to have a spare set of UV-reactive plastics.

might be a good idea. My slingshot plastics are showing wear spots on the unprotected post with no screw. UGh I was gonna get the clear plastic protectors and never got around to it and now I notice it. Also see it on my old Stern Pirates.

#12633 34 days ago

fedex guy JUST barely beat the monsoon

20211025_121430 (resized).jpg
#12634 34 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

might be worth saving my Pro kit just to have a spare set of UV-reactive plastics.

I don't really notice the UV art on the plastics, so it would not be a big deal to swap back in an original if needed, but having spare UV plastics can't hurt.

... and maybe years from now, owners might be willing to pay BIG bucks for a NIB kit.

#12635 34 days ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

fedex guy JUST barely beat the monsoon
[quoted image]

Mine showed up today as well!

#12636 34 days ago

Well, that was a ride, holy smokes!

Completed final showdown for the cherry on top.
Drained out finishing operation mirkwood that would've lit TI1 again.
160 combos and 20 drawings.

Factory 3-ball.
This game is very well designed and coded, seems well balanced scoring wise too.

Interesting note: final battle lit as soon as I started the last demo dog mode, I started final battle with "its a trap" still running.

20211025_230929 (resized).jpg

#12637 34 days ago

Dayyyaaammmm dude! Nice score!

#12638 34 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Completed final battle for the cherry on top.
Factory 3-ball.
This game is very well designed and coded, seems well balanced scoring wise too.
Interesting note: final battle lit as soon as I started the last demo dog mode, I started final battle with "its a trap" still running.
[quoted image]

Wow …. Good work

For those of us slumming it with 1 billion or so GC scores that is just insane

#12639 34 days ago

Hi to all fellow pin heads.
Just wondering if Stern is still producing the Stranger Things Premium model?.
I want to ask my Australian distributor to order one but at this present time the Aussie website says that they are sold out?.
Any info regarding this is appreciated.

#12640 34 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Factory 3-ball.
[quoted image]

Geez Louise!

#12641 34 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Factory 3-ball.
[quoted image]

Question. Did you finish final showdown by making the mouth or bashing to death?

If you bashed it to death, did snowball dance start?

#12642 34 days ago
Quoted from Tarzanboy:

Hi to all fellow pin heads.
I want to ask my Australian distributor to order one but at this present time the Aussie website says that they are sold out?.
Any info regarding this is appreciated.

No premiums being made.

#12643 33 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Question. Did you finish final showdown by making the mouth or bashing to death?
If you bashed it to death, did snowball dance start?

I bashed it twice and then slammed the button, snowball did start.

#12644 33 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I thought snowball only activated when you got it in the demos mouth?

#12645 33 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Wow. Saved the button for the end. Awesome.

Do you want remember what it gave you points wise for using the button?

#12646 33 days ago
Quoted from Tarzanboy:

Stern is backed up making Mando and Godzilla, but at some point they will make more, likely next year. They typically announce last run when they are finishing up.

It is currently shown on the Stern web site: MSRP $7,799 (Insider Connected Equipped $8,099)

#12647 33 days ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Stern is backed up making Mando and Godzilla, but at some point they will make more, likely next year. They typically announce last run when they are finishing up.

I wouldn't hold your breath as they did prem last call in ~Feb '21 (and just to unload on hand inventory). Just grab a pro now if you still can, and upgrade later if they do run more.

Stern sat on prem inventory *forever*. Also, my hot take/speculation is that they were a manufacturing/support nightmare (TK lock) and Stern doesn't want to deal with it. That and they have a gazillion other things that are selling like hot cakes anyway.

#12648 33 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. Saved the button for the end. Awesome.
Do you want remember what it gave you points wise for using the button?

I have no idea how much it gave me, I was too excited haha.
Final showdown total was 577mil and change.

#12649 33 days ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I have no idea how much it gave me, I was too excited haha.
Final showdown total was 577mil and change.

Word. Wondering if the award was halved like the other times you use the button. But it doesn’t always halve the value. Like for using it to collect SJP in MB.

#12650 33 days ago

me to my wife: man that topper is cool. my wife to me: was it worth the money? me: hell no. nothing in pinball is worth the money

There are 12,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 257.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside