f 14 pricing (resized).png
IMG_0312 (resized).jpg
IMG_0316 (resized).jpg
IMG_0318 (resized).jpg
IMG_0319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0311 (resized).jpg
IMG_5809 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 257.
#12551 43 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Swipe a ball definitely pops up on the screen when you use it.

That’s good to know thanks Chuck hopefully my use of swipe-a-ball is as clever as I think and everyone likes the Prem/LE surround

#12552 43 days ago

So now that I have a Premium with UV kit, of course I want to improve it..

It's already equipped with transparent rubber (except the bats which are purple) and a Black Diamond screen

Hence questions:
- are there UV sensitive rubber, ideally transparent? The one I found seem to be greenish?
- I've heard of a 'glow ball', found a link on mezel mods but they have several versions, which one is the most relevant for UV?

Regards

#12553 43 days ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i mean i just finished watching the first two seasons of the show for the first time this week, and D and D is such a tiny part of it; i'm surprised how much the game theme and mods lean into D20s and stuff? maybe it changes in season 3? i dunno

Agreed. I haven't purchased Stern's lighted dice mod for that exact reason (well, that and the new outrageous pricing). I have never played D & D in my life so what little I know about it has come from the small amount that has popped up in the show.

#12554 43 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

It's already equipped with transparent rubber (except the bats which are purple) and a Black Diamond screen
Hence questions:
- are there UV sensitive rubber, ideally transparent? The one I found seem to be greenish?
- I've heard of a 'glow ball', found a link on mezel mods but they have several versions, which one is the most relevant for UV?
Regards

Titan makes glow in the dark rubber. But they are a lime green color. You get used to it and they glow great in the UV. Others have used purple titans and say they look good too.

#12555 43 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Hence questions:
Regards

Also the Purple ‘Perfect Play’ rubbers from Pinball Life glow pink in the upside down and look great too.
‘Glow Ball’ = 1) they’re not magnetic, 2) they’re ~20 grams lighter so they bounce around like crazy which is nice on an old retro pin that could use some speed but not so great in other circumstances, & 3)….they’re not magnetic

831E4420-1A0F-46E8-A32C-3B300544C346 (resized).jpegC2F1C62B-5B7B-4181-91CB-2A54864F6506 (resized).jpeg
#12556 43 days ago

Anyone ever got one of these QR codes to do anything other than take you to a registration page? That tells you to log in first if you have an insider account but once you log in there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to register your game.

ACF0F13F-0E7D-45FB-B310-7541B567E9C9 (resized).jpeg
#12557 43 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone ever got one of these QR codes to do anything other than take you to a registration page? That tells you to log in first if you have an insider account but once you log in there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to register your game.
[quoted image]

Nope. I just had the same struggle. I ended up not logging in and used a different email so I could register my new game.

#12558 43 days ago

Always concerning when a random piece of hardware appears on the playfield
This small washer seemed to come from up around the Demogorgan area?? Had a good look at all fixings that I can see topside can’t see anything obvious ? All seems to be working fine.
Any ideas ? Likely culprits ? It’s a Pro model.

64F32DCB-DA72-491F-8D4D-5E921767A7A8 (resized).jpeg
#12559 43 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Agreed. I haven't purchased Stern's lighted dice mod for that exact reason (well, that and the new outrageous pricing). I have never played D & D in my life so what little I know about it has come from the small amount that has popped up in the show.

it could be the fact that D and D is mostly open source and free to license (the shooter is super rad, though, everyone comments on it)

#12560 43 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

This small washer seemed to come from up around the Demogorgan area?? Had a good look at all fixings that I can see topside can’t see anything obvious ? All seems to be working fine.
Any ideas ? Likely culprits ? It’s a Pro model.[quoted image]

Honestly, I wouldn’t worry about it.

#12561 43 days ago

been racking up the games on my stranger things. desperately need more pins in my collection

#12562 43 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

Any ideas ? Likely culprits ? It’s a Pro model.[quoted image]

How long have you had the game? Just arrived?

I just got and unboxed a second Mando LE and the ramps where not screwed down!

#12563 42 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

been racking up the games on my stranger things. desperately need more pins in my collection

I have more pins in my collection and it still gets the most play. We'll see now that AIQ is here how things land. I've already been close to the final wizard mode in less than 2 weeks on that one yet no where close on ST after 2 years.

#12564 42 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even if the TK lock is disabled on the premium, the swipe a ball still works.
No plans to add to the Pro. Only possible code updates will be bug fixes, maybe add some more high score lists, and scoring adjustments possibly.

That’s one of the features I like about JP. There are high scores for everything. Would be nice to add some high scores for all the different modes. I feel like I’m always playing for grand champion and the game can be a bit more engaging if I could play for a high score in a specific mode.

#12565 42 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That’s one of the features I like about JP. There are high scores for everything. Would be nice to add some high scores for all the different modes. I feel like I’m always playing for grand champion and the game can be a bit more engaging if I could play for a high score in a specific mode.

Yeah. I just got a 150-170 quarter hunt recently. I need that to be immortalized. Haha

#12566 42 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. I just got a 150-170 quarter hunt recently. I need that to be immortalized. Haha

Lol. Exactly!!! Well done!!!

#12567 42 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully with the connect update more high score tables arrive for stranger things and all Spike2 games. Adding high scores for everything that’s achievable is such an easy addition that adds depth to any game.

#12568 40 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s good to know thanks Chuck hopefully my use of swipe-a-ball is as clever as I think and everyone likes the Prem/LE surround

was thinking about this as i played some this weekend and something with the wrist rocket would be a good indicator of what the 'Demogorgon Bomb' does in game...

#12569 39 days ago

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-upside-down-75810

could be a rad topper for the game and a lot cheaper than the official one

Screenshot 2021-10-18 150307 (resized).png
#12570 39 days ago

Was glad I held out for the premium UV kit! A very nice upgrade for my pro.

Backlit with Comet cool white frosted strip.

STh1 (resized).jpg

#12571 39 days ago
Quoted from MMP:

I need to do that. What did you tie the LED strips into?

#12572 39 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I need to do that. What did you tie the LED strips into?

I had a few lighting options to choose from, and was surprised what I chose was the 10 led strip. Seemed a bit overkill to me but it looked good with consistent lighting on the apron so I went with it. I used the GI close to where we hook up the UV kit, each side has 2 bulbs where most likely 1 would suffice. Right side I chose the further lamp and left side the closer lamp.

Since we were speaking earlier about purples, for comparison sake the red circles are where I have my 6 purple frosted, the rest I have cool white frosted. Again, this took me by surprise as I've never felt the need to use color in the GI before but then again as I mentioned, I've never been a fan of cool white on other games but it just looks best to me on STh.
IMG_20211018_202135207 (resized).jpgIMG_20211018_201900920 (resized).jpg

The angle nobody will ever see, but it shows the strip.
IMG_20211018_160137213 (resized).jpg

#12573 39 days ago
Quoted from MMP:

Was glad I held out for the premium UV kit! A very nice upgrade for my pro.
[quoted image]

Nice! When did you order the UV kit? I’m hoping Stern is making these again.

#12574 39 days ago
Quoted from spidey:

Nice! When did you order the UV kit? I’m hoping Stern is making these again.

I ordered several months ago and got tired of waiting. Found they had available stock at GAP so re-ordered and received in 1 week.

If my original ever ships I will keep as spare, or trade to someone for a sheet of HD glass.

#12575 39 days ago
Quoted from MMP:

I ordered several months ago and got tired of waiting. Found they had available stock at GAP so re-ordered and received in 1 week.
If my original ever ships I will keep as spare, or trade to someone for a sheet of HD glass.

What is Gap short for. I want to order one

#12576 39 days ago
Quoted from Zartan:

What is Gap short for. I want to order one

Great American Pinball

#12577 39 days ago

Just for fun since I saw somebody mention it

IMG_20211018_215532803 (resized).jpg
#12578 39 days ago
Quoted from MMP:

I confess I did the same thing but have not yet received mine from GAP, but should be any day. Have a Premium kit on order and bought a Pro kit from Mike as I think that’s all he had when I made the purchase.

#12579 39 days ago

There are going to be a lot of Pro UV kits floating around in 2022, assuming they ever get delivered to those of us that ordered them in the first half of 2021. After 5 months I gave up on waiting too, and snagged a Premium UV kit from GAP. I don’t blame my distributor, I blame Stern for perversely sending spare kits to their favorite distros, while ignoring the “downstream” distros who sold them with games over 6 months ago. Maybe I’m missing some facts, but between these shenanigans and the price increases I’ll probably stick with used pins for a few years.

#12580 38 days ago

This just happened

IMG_20211019_212837171 (resized).jpg
#12581 38 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

This just happened [quoted image]

Is it stuck right there? Regardless it's getting close to dialed in.

#12582 38 days ago

That’s awesome. However… I can’t decide what’s better. The ball being stuck there or the reflection of the back glass on the ramp. Awesome.

Anti-glare glass on the dark STH is awesome if your ever thinking about it. Won’t get amazing photos like that though.

#12583 38 days ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That’s awesome. However… I can’t decide what’s better. The ball being stuck there or the reflection of the back glass on the ramp. Awesome.
Anti-glare glass on the dark STH is awesome if your ever thinking about it. Won’t get amazing photos like that though.

Just turn the backbox brightness setting down for when game is being played. I set mine to 5% on that setting

#12584 38 days ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Just turn the backbox brightness setting down for when game is being played. I set mine to 5% on that setting

Didn’t know you can have a back glass setting got gametime.I could have saved some money on anti-glare glass if I knew.

#12585 38 days ago

So yesterday I played a game, reached "Can't stop this" (first time, but I've owned the game only for a few days), and... well... funny enough, two balls were stuck below the ramp when it lowered, so it could not get any further down.

Needless to say, I could not make any shot to the demogorgon, did not manage to teach the balls to "jump"...

Kind of wonder however, this is kind of a design error, any solution to rectify this ? Besides trying to hold all balls so that there is no activity and the machine raise the ramp again.

#12586 38 days ago

whenever i have a good TK multi and get add-a-ball i always seem to get three balls stuck behind the left orbit return post. that mech can't handle a good TK multiball :/ i've had to resort to putting the balls behind the demogorgon drops to try to salvage some games. i hate that your ball times out if you take to long to unstick. also getting stuckies under the wire leading to the pops, irritating.

#12587 37 days ago

i always seem to get three balls stuck behind the left orbit return post

I have only done that twice where multiple balls get stuck at the up post (never with a single ball). If does not seem normal to happen a lot. Is the pin level?

#12588 37 days ago

What do you mean that multiple balls are stuck there? The post doesn’t clear them?

#12589 37 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do you mean that multiple balls are stuck there? The post doesn’t clear them?

sometimes, when i get a three or four ball multiball going and a lot of balls are feeding to the left orbit through burn it back, the post drops but no ball comes out. so the post fires and fires until it displays an operator error and the game kicks out a chase ball, which only makes things worse when it gets stuck. two balls there is no issue during, say, trap 'em, but 3 or more has bound it up 3 times now, leaving me short on what were some really good games. i'd hate to kill my family's burgeoning interest in flipping because something like that happens on the best game of their lives.

game is level with a ball roll test and a phone app bubble level on the playfield test. no other real issues except the one i mentioned about limp d*ck shots sometimes getting stuck under the right orbit wire. it's not that big of a deal but it's a little irritating. sometimes the game takes a long time (3-5 seconds) to register a drain, and as you hit shots in order that stack things up like mystery mode and EB i feel like sometimes the ball sits in the saucer or behind that left side drop post longer than it's meant to and that causes problems. is there some way to speed that up, lol?

#12590 37 days ago

The balls should always be let out of the left side from that post no matter how many are lined up. I’d try to find what is causing them to jam up and fix it.

No way to speed up all the stacked animations that I know of.

Balls taking a while to go to bonus when drained is typical. Nothing can be done except a software update.

#12591 37 days ago

i mean, it's happened 3 times in like 250 plays...i'll probably let it go for now it's literally only happened with TK multiball + Mystery Add-A-Ball.

come to think of it, if i relaxed the tilt bob a little i'd probably be able to shake the balls loose without having to pop the latches and drop the glass...

#12592 37 days ago

i mean, it's happened 3 times in like 250 plays...i'll probably let it go for now it's literally only happened with TK multiball + Mystery Add-A-Ball.
come to think of it, if i relaxed the tilt bob a little i'd probably be able to shake the balls loose without having to pop the latches and drop the glass...

Probably getting stuck here and then the multis stack up to the right.

df3b18ef888ffced5c455b406594e871ae4dc883 (resized).jpg
#12593 37 days ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Probably getting stuck here and then the multis stack up to the right.
[quoted image]

yeah, that is almost certainly it. i'd hate for it to affect a good score- how would one fix that?

actually, now that i think about it more- to get that last stuck ball i've had to go under the left side of the ramp and sort of flick it back towards the demogorgon, meaning that the ball is actually hanging up against the post itself. There's an opto there, so I wonder if a ball is getting hung up in the spot you posted, then the post drops, but the opto beam is still broken, so it thinks it didn't let a ball out, so it keeps firing itself without the opto clearing, until it thinks it's a malfunction.

#12594 37 days ago

yeah, that is almost certainly it. i'd hate for it to affect a good score- how would one fix that?

Bend the gate out so it sits flush with that ball guide or just past it. Fixed it for me.

#12595 37 days ago

in any case, thankya for the suggestions. I am trying to minimize how often i go under the glass on this thing but i will take a closer look if/when the damn TK lock warranty kit ever gets here!

#12596 37 days ago

in any case, thankya for the suggestions. I am trying to minimize how often i go under the glass on this thing but i will take a closer look if/when the damn TK lock warranty kit ever gets here!

If you give up waiting, let me know. I traced the clear ramp cover fix they provide, in case someone couldn't get one. You could cut one yourself using it.

#12597 37 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There are going to be a lot of Pro UV kits floating around in 2022, assuming they ever get delivered to those of us that ordered them in the first half of 2021. After 5 months I gave up on waiting too, and snagged a Premium UV kit from GAP. I don’t blame my distributor, I blame Stern for perversely sending spare kits to their favorite distros, while ignoring the “downstream” distros who sold them with games over 6 months ago. Maybe I’m missing some facts, but between these shenanigans and the price increases I’ll probably stick with used pins for a few years.

I paid for mine over 9 months ago. I’m so salty about it I rarely play my game anymore because whenever upside down starts I get pissed off. I want to enjoy my game the way it was designed, and this isn’t a mod, it’s an essential part of the game design/experience. I know I promised to stop bitching about the UV kits but…. my friends and family are sick of hearing about it haha. Just needed a shoulder to cry on, thanks for listening.

#12598 37 days ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I paid for mine over 9 months ago. I’m so salty about it I rarely play my game anymore because whenever upside down starts I get pissed off. I want to enjoy my game the way it was designed, and this isn’t a mod, it’s an essential part of the game design/experience. I know I promised to stop bitching about the UV kits but…. my friends and family are sick of hearing about it haha. Just needed a shoulder to cry on, thanks for listening.

You def can’t wait on Stern (or a distro waiting on Stern), find another one online buy it and enjoy it, then if/when your original one ever shows up sell it. That’s what I did and original one still hasn’t shown up, meanwhile your friends and fam can all be enjoying it with you.

#12599 37 days ago

Anyone have any leads on a Premium for sell? If so or if you may be interested in letting go of yours send me a message. I'm in GA so I would like to purchase from someone close but I'm open to shipping as well. Thanks

#12600 37 days ago

bought my topper from cointaker on September 8. just got shipping confirmation today.

they did upgrade the shipping to FedEx so good on 'em for that

There are 12,813 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 257.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside