IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 449.
#12501 2 years ago

the people that i talk to about the game don't have any specific complaints but there are a lot of them that 'just don't like the way it shoots'

so far my only real gripe is that the right orbit shot is sort of lame but orbits are my favorite thing to shoot and the left one being through a spinner to a clean flipper return is so awesome that it overshadows the halfbaked right orbit in my mind

edit for a question: I turn my machine on and off a lot and it feels real dumb to get an EB lit on every game, the first time i shoot Burn it Back. what settings are you all using to make sure that doesn't happen? feels cheap to automatically get that 4th ball

#12502 2 years ago

To be fair. Most I play on location shoot terribly.

#12503 2 years ago

extra ball gets lit for me after two or three right inlane shots

#12504 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

extra ball gets lit for me after two or three right inlane shots

I believe it is set to progressive as default, so it could be more or less depending on how often the EB is being obtained. I think you can set it static in the adjustments.

#12505 2 years ago

anybody else find the left orbit and right ramp shots to be the most difficult?

#12506 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Right ramp for sure. Left orbit comes and goes for me.

#12507 2 years ago

Finally got my topper shipped from Tilt earlier this week. It's been a long ride.

#12508 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Yes. Right ramp in particular. Glad I'm not the only one.

#12509 2 years ago

right ramp is the toughest shot in the game for me off of a trap up on the left flipper. if the ball's moving it's easier and sometimes i can backhand it off the right

stalling the ball on the left flipper out of a left orbit return or burn it back or mystery is essential. if you slap it at the center drops you're donezo

also there's no reason to hurry to total isolation. it's not actually very good points or a very interesting mode imho. you're better off completing the modes properly and letting TI happen organically

#12510 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Just not digging my topper. If anyone local (Central PA) is looking for one, I will take it off my machine and sell it at cost. Would save a few bucks on shipping.
Still love the game! Will be 2 years in January!

After thinking about it, I would unload this at 600 if somebody in Central PA is looking to save about 75 bucks with shipping. Nothing wrong with it, just not into it and wanted to get something else.

#12511 2 years ago

Curious if Stranger Things owners would be interested in a action button plate? I hate the fact Stern costed them out of the BOM, leaves the area looking a little unfinished compared to the older games like AC/DC and Star Trek LE.

Here’s one made for Mando, as an example.

B3A99765-806E-4C75-9EF6-1A057485C430 (resized).jpegB3A99765-806E-4C75-9EF6-1A057485C430 (resized).jpeg

#12512 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Curious if Stranger Things owners would be interested in a action button plate? I hate the fact Stern costed them out of the BOM, leaves the area looking a little unfinished compared to the older games like AC/DC and Star Trek LE.
[quoted image]

I would be, not really liking the one I saw with the kids on the bikes.

#12513 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I haven’t seen that will try and find it and take a look.

#12514 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

Problem is, you'd have to make 2 versions or not have it say what it does, since the button doesn't do the exact same things on Pro vs Premium.

#12515 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Problem is, you'd have to make 2 versions or not have it say what it does, since the button doesn't do the exact same things on Pro vs Premium.

Yep 2 versions is exactly what I had in mind, following Chucks post above.

#12516 2 years ago

PSA: Premium/LE UV Kits are available for pre-order from Gameroom Goodies. This is NOT an endorsement of them (I've never purchased from them), but did sign up to be notified when they were available. Just got an email regarding this.

#12517 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

PSA: Premium/LE UV Kits are available for pre-order from Gameroom Goodies. This is NOT an endorsement of them (I've never purchased from them), but did sign up to be notified when they were available. Just got an email regarding this.

I got my Pro UV kit from them and they were quick to ship and packed it well.

#12518 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

I'd be interested in that.

#12519 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone got a link or photo of this one mentioned above?

#12520 2 years ago

https://cointaker.com/products/friends-dont-lie-button-bezel
rs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpegrs=w_600,h_600 (resized).jpeg

meh

there's this one too
https://wizardmod.com/products/stranger-things-pinball-magnetic-wizemblems

also fairly meh

wizemblemsstrangerthingspinballlockdownbaraccentmagnetic_500x (resized).jpgwizemblemsstrangerthingspinballlockdownbaraccentmagnetic_500x (resized).jpg
#12521 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be fair. Most I play on location shoot terribly.

i just got what you meant here Chuck and i agree. my league pinbar has the right orbit set up so that you have to slap save off the tip of the left flipper every time it returns, and the ball hits the top of the left sling coming out of the left orbit. no wonder people think it's hard

#12522 2 years ago

I'd definitely be interested in a nice action button plate. The two shown above do nothing for me. The one with the bikes is a decent design, but the hideous color and weird shape kill it for me. I like what you did with Mando above, but I'm not sure I would want the "Demo Bomb" text. Rather have just a cool design of a couple demogorgans or something.

#12523 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'd definitely be interested in a nice action button plate. The two shown above do nothing for me. The one with the bikes is a decent design, but the hideous color and weird shape kill it for me. I like what you did with Mando above, but I'm not sure I would want the "Demo Bomb" text. Rather have just a cool design of a couple demogorgans or something.

Leave it with me, I have a cool idea for Pro & Prem/LE. I always try to put the text on so people know what the button does or at least a vague idea when it’s flashing. But I try and integrate any text into the design like the Mando one above I don’t just want text that feels out of place.

#12524 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Leave it with me, I have a cool idea for Pro & Prem/LE. I always try to put the text on so people know what the button does or at least a vague idea when it’s flashing. But I try and integrate any text into the design like the Mando one above I don’t just want text that feels out of place.

How will it attach to the game? Adhesive?

#12525 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

I’ll be interested as well. Count me in..

#12526 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How will it attach to the game? Adhesive?

You could rivet it if you really wanted to Chuck but more than likey a thin layer of removable adhesive - if you wanted something stronger/more permanent then it wouldn’t be hard to add it your end, but I would rather leave anything permanent to the owner.

#12527 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You could rivet it if you really wanted to Chuck but more than likey a thin layer of removable adhesive - if you wanted something stronger/more permanent then it wouldn’t be hard to add it your end, but I would rather leave anything permanent to the owner.

Agreed. Adhesive is fine with me if I end of liking yours. Love the idea of labeling the button to call out its uses.

#12528 2 years ago

adhesive on my shiny purple LE lockdown bar? heaven forfend

#12529 2 years ago

For sure would be in on one for Stranger Thins and also for Avengers AIQ Just got the button masher high score last night.

#12530 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Most of the action button surrounds use some kind of adhesive. When Stern used to put surrounds on their lockbars from the factory they where riveted to the lockdown bars. Maybe the last run of Star Trek or AC/DC where stuck on I can’t remember now, but rivets are far more intrusive than removable adhesive.

#12531 2 years ago

Personally I prefer the magnetic method as used by wizard mods, I’m just not keen on their designs for the button surround.
The speaker and apron covers are superb tho.

#12532 2 years ago

So installed the machine today, played a few games (Premium). Quite positive feeling overall, and I understand why many call it AFM2.0, the demogorgon is really similar to the saucer

Now I do have a question on the TK ball lock. Will a properly adjusted magnet capture all balls, or is this still a hit and miss? Mine captures about 50% I would say.

Thanks

#12533 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Personally I prefer the magnetic method as used by wizard mods, I’m just not keen on their designs for the button surround.
The speaker and apron covers are superb tho.

Magnet is a great call.

#12534 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

So installed the machine today, played a few games (Premium). Quite positive feeling overall, and I understand why many call it AFM2.0, the demogorgon is really similar to the saucer
Now I do have a question on the TK ball lock. Will a properly adjusted magnet capture all balls, or is this still a hit and miss? Mine captures about 50% I would say.
Thanks

Some reading material for you. Takes lots of patience and attempts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#12535 2 years ago

I saw 47 unread posts and thought there was a new code drop. Nope: Swipe-a-ball and Action Button Plate. Haha.

#12536 2 years ago

Got one for my SW, and it's the design Stern decided to cut costs and ditch. It looks perfect and won't ever be removed. If one is made for STh that's that well done, you wouldn't want to remove it either. So it's not a concern.

#12537 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does the game use the term demo bomb in text anywhere? I haven't paid attention to the screen. If it doesn't actually show that term or say that term, maybe use the term Instant Kill or something more D&D like on the action button plate.

#12538 2 years ago

In Sterns v1.02 announcement they say:
This dynamic code update includes numerous game enhancements including the brand new Demogorgon bomb feature available across all models and the exciting new swipe-a-ball feature available only on the Premium and LE models.

#12539 2 years ago

Interesting they are limiting a code based game feature. All the talk of dlc makes sense now.

#12540 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

In Sterns v1.02 announcement they say:
This dynamic code update includes numerous game enhancements including the brand new Demogorgon bomb feature available across all models and the exciting new swipe-a-ball feature available only on the Premium and LE models.

yeah but i don't think the game explicitly refers to it as that ever

#12541 2 years ago

I don't think I've ever seen the game show anything regarding the button. I like the idea of using more dnd appropriate terms

#12542 2 years ago

yeah but i don't think the game explicitly refers to it as that ever

I'm on board with your thought process. I find the term "demogorgan bomb" kind of silly and not thematic. If it were my choice, I think I would just use "Kill the Demogorgan" or something along those lines.

#12543 2 years ago

I am asking for accuracy, from what I have read insta-kill of instant kill etc all refer to the player being killed not the enemies/monsters in D&D, if so then using that term on the surround wouldn’t make much sense as it would refer to the player dying.

#12544 2 years ago

Meteor Swarm is the most powerful spell/attack in D&D according to google but it doesn’t really go with the game. Is there a demo bomb call out or anything in game visual or audio based to que it’s use?

#12545 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a demo bomb call out or anything in game visual or audio based to que it’s use?

not really, just the lockbar button glowing red. the game doesn't explain it or refer to a Demogorgon bomb at all, nor swipe-a-ball, as far as I know

#12546 2 years ago

I am not a D&D player (though I'd love to try it), but I think Critical Hit would be an accurate term?

I would still lean towards "Kill the Demogorgan" or "Destroy the Demogorgan", etc. Anyone remember if there is a specific callout in the game (not necessarily when using the button...just in general)? I think I remember Hopper saying one of those two phrases, but not positive.

Totally not meaning to steamroll your project...almost anything will be better than the current options!

#12547 2 years ago

i mean i just finished watching the first two seasons of the show for the first time this week, and D and D is such a tiny part of it; i'm surprised how much the game theme and mods lean into D20s and stuff? maybe it changes in season 3? i dunno

#12548 2 years ago

not really, just the lockbar button glowing red. the game doesn't explain it or refer to a Demogorgon bomb at all, nor swipe-a-ball, as far as I know

Going off what’s put in the code read me, I have designed something already for prem/LE that includes swipe-a-ball in what I think is a pretty cool way. Will try and reveal them this weekend.

#12549 2 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Interesting they are limiting a code based game feature. All the talk of dlc makes sense now.

It makes sense to limit Swipe-a-Ball to versions that have a physical ball lock. I don’t begrudge Pre/LE owners this one small difference. Just look at how much is missing from LZ Pro and GOT Pro, for example (compared to Pre/LE versions).

#12550 2 years ago

Swipe a ball definitely pops up on the screen when you use it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/251?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.