IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 449.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Thanks for sharing these. Here's me thinking you got a fucking sub in your LE. What is that tweeter in the bottom of the cab?!

No a powered sub outside the game. It sits underneath. I just piggy back the stock sub in the game. This game is the only game I’ve ever seen that absolutely needs a powered sub with it.

#1152 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No a powered sub outside the game. It sits underneath. I just piggy back the stock sub in the game. This game is the only game I’ve ever seen that absolutely needs a powered sub with it.

I got mine ready, and I use the pinnovators sub line mod. Gets a lot cleaner sound than the old alligator clips, and super easy to install/uninstall.

#1153 4 years ago

Yeah my setup doesn’t look clean at all. Haha. But sounds awesome. Doubt I’d notice a difference if I got the pinnovators stuff.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah my setup doesn’t look clean at all. Haha. But sounds awesome. Doubt I’d notice a difference if I got the pinnovators stuff.

You should try one some time, it's relatively inexpensive at $35 and it literally takes 60 seconds to install. I thought the same, there wouldn't be any difference, but there was a very noticeable difference in the quality of sound. I originally tried it on IMDN and it was drastic.

#1155 4 years ago

Sweet. Didn’t realize it was that cheap. I’ll check it out!

#1156 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You should try one some time, it's relatively inexpensive at $35 and it literally takes 60 seconds to install. I thought the same, there wouldn't be any difference, but there was a very noticeable difference in the quality of sound. I originally tried it on IMDN and it was drastic.

You guys should be on commission. Just ordered this as well as the sub. Hearing is believing, and the sub is perfect for this game.

#1157 4 years ago

When I disconnected it this morning to work on some things I played a test game and was like, “yuck”. Haha

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When I disconnected it this morning to work on some things I played a test game and was like, “yuck”. Haha

Oh I know, you get used to it and the sound feels empty when it's not there LOL

#1159 4 years ago

Fun stream! Thanks to those that tuned in. I’ll post it to YouTube for those that want to see it later.

I’ll need sterns help to dial in my magnet lock. I sent them a video showing the issue up close. Hopefully that will help them help me.

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fun stream! Thanks to those that tuned in. I’ll post it to YouTube for those that want to see it later.
I’ll need sterns help to dial in my magnet lock. I sent them a video showing the issue up close. Hopefully that will help them help me.

Mine was kind of an issue till I dialed my flipper strength back. What a wonky mech for the ball to fly up. I thought mine was broken it’s just like a rod

#1161 4 years ago

Interesting. I’ll dial back mine and see if it helps. I feel like I tried that last night though. I’ll check again.

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was using alligator clips and I thought the same thing until I put one on my game. It does sound a lot better, hard to explain, but it sounds clearer and deeper. Now all my games have their sob hook up.

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Streaming my LE at noon eastern today. Come hang out!
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Nice stream!

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Mine was kind of an issue till I dialed my flipper strength back. What a wonky mech for the ball to fly up. I thought mine was broken it’s just like a rod

So dialed back the right flipper power to 240,230,220,210. No improvement. Still about the same success rate.

Mine is a rod with a flat guide welded to the outside of it that’s closest to the player. What I think is happening on mine is that the rod moves too close to the backboard wall and is pinching the ball as it tries to travel up the diverter slowing it down or completely rejecting it.

Here’s a video.

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So dialed back the right flipper power to 240,230,220,210. No improvement. Still about the same success rate.
Mine is a rod with a flat guide welded to the outside of it that’s closest to the player. What I think is happening on mine is that the rod moves too close to the backboard wall and is pinching the ball as it tries to travel up the diverter slowing it down or completely rejecting it.
Here’s a video.

Hm id Actuate it in test mode and roll a ball through there by hand. It does look like the stalls the ball instead of acting like a ramp

#1166 4 years ago

Hm id Actuate it in test mode and roll a ball through there by hand. It does look like the stalls the ball instead of acting like a ramp

Sucks because in coil test it simply fires the diverter. Doesn’t hold it. So it’s hard to get up close and personal to test it.

#1167 4 years ago

On coil test there should be a change to cycle repeat

#1168 4 years ago

Nice okay I’ll try that.

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here’s a video.

I saw part of your stream, nice job man!

The ramp issue does suck though, and it appears its a design flaw that was overlooked by Stern, which is unfortunate given it's only 1 of 2 unique upgrades/features of the LE and Premiums.

This exact issue was occuring on the Premium that Dead Flip streamed. They played it off as it was normal though. I hope there's a fix, but that's unacceptable if Stern left the design like this without resolving it prior to shipping.

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I saw part of your stream, nice job man!
The ramp issue does suck though, and it appears its a design flaw that was overlooked by Stern, which is unfortunate given it's only 1 of 2 unique upgrades/features of the LE and Premiums.
This exact issue was occuring on the Premium that Dead Flip streamed. They played it off as it was normal though. I hope there's a fix, but that's unacceptable if Stern left the design like this without resolving it prior to shipping.

My LE isn’t having issues with the lock currently so hopefully and unfortunately just a QC issue

#1171 4 years ago

My LE isn’t having issues with the lock currently so hopefully and unfortunately just a QC issue

Interesting, does the ramp work every time with no rejects?

#1172 4 years ago

Anyone have any word on a premium timeframe? I’ll be on vacation next week and want to make sure I get the check to my distributor beforehand if it’s sooner rather than later.

#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting, does the ramp work every time with no rejects?

Only when you don’t give the ball enough energy to make it up the diverted ramp. If it hops over it he post comes up and still shows a ball lock

#1174 4 years ago

Only when you don’t give the ball enough energy to make it up the diverted ramp. If it hops over it he post comes up and still shows a ball lock

Curious on this because the shot is easy to backhand on the pro. With a functional mech can the shot be backhanded ?

#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Curious on this because the shot is easy to backhand on the pro. With a functional mech can the shot be backhanded ?

The ramp can still be backhanded, the lock cannot reliablely. I have but few and far between. If someone else has a lock there since it’s a physical lock when playing multiplayer you can back hand if there is already balls locked if that makes sense

#1176 4 years ago

The ramp can still be backhanded, the lock cannot reliablely. I have but few and far between. If someone else has a lock there since it’s a physical lock when playing multiplayer you can back hand if there is already balls locked if that makes sense

It very much does thank you.

#1177 4 years ago

LE is arriving tomorrow

#1178 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

LE is arriving tomorrow

You won’t be disappointed. I have it sitting btw a JP2LE and a JJPOTCCE and it’s holding its own. It plays smooth and fast, after its adjusted, like every nib requires. I really enjoy the right side “burn it back” loop!

#1179 4 years ago

I haven’t had any issues with the ball lock and ramp. It does take a clean shot to work, though. There are no dribble in give me’s. I bet it is a programming timing issue. If the .83 code were up on sterns site, I would try reloading it.

Regardless, I bet it gets addressed in future updates to accommodate for the slight variations in game to game set ups.

#1180 4 years ago

At 2:40 into the game the ball locks in the left ramp with no ball going up the ramp
At 3:53 (not entirely related) the ball jumps the mystery target over the wall and into the left orbit. Not sure if that is intentional but it's been happening a lot to me

I’ve been having the same 2 problems.. you hear anything back from Stern?!

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I was able to film the issue I have been having with the left ramp optos. I just sent this to Pablo at Stern. Probably won't hear anything until Monday but glad I was able to film the strangeness. A few strange things happened in this game

At 2:40 into the game the ball locks in the left ramp with no ball going up the ramp
At 3:53 (not entirely related) the ball jumps the mystery target over the wall and into the left orbit. Not sure if that is intentional but it's been happening a lot to me

I’ve been having the same 2 problems.. you hear anything back from Stern?!

#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:I was able to film the issue I have been having with the left ramp optos. I just sent this to Pablo at Stern. Probably won't hear anything until Monday but glad I was able to film the strangeness. A few strange things happened in this game

I’ve been having the same 2 problems.. you hear anything back from Stern???

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I haven’t had this yet, but purely physical. If you inspect the target it’s got nothing above it. The ball must have too spin on it when you hit it sometimes and is jumping over the wall after making impact. Is your game steep or closer to 6.5 degrees?

#1184 4 years ago

Speaking of mystery shot, I wonder what the video mode will be?

#1185 4 years ago

STh's Pro has been in our lineup for ten days now & we are having a ball w/ it. Though the early code is incomplete there is still much to do, as this title will definitely improve w/ code updates.

With the exception of the pop orbit/mystery lane this playfield layout has constant flow potential if you hit your shots. Great flow w/ a fair possibility of hitting the 5 way combo shot within each game.

The challenging rule-set is very deep even w/ consideration to the early code. The modes are random which always mixes up what will be playable from game to game. The mode progression is an exciting build up to Total Isolation/etc.

The LCD display is absolutely an upgrade w/ consideration to any of the Spike 2 previous titles. The graphics are crisp w/ clarity, just as you would except w/ HD resolution.

The art serves it's purpose to let one know that you are playing STh's. The color combinations are especially dark, though this was purposely done considering the sci-fi/horror theme.

The sound/theme music is phenomenal! The sound expressions changes dramatically from demogorgon, upside down to the various modes. This articulates into a mostly dramatic/eerie mood demeanor which defines the game. The spinner sound effects that have that "dripping of water in a cold dreary cave effect" is simply awesome.

Overall, this is a very fun title that will only improve w/ code update. We are very please w/ our purchase & will have STh's in our lineup for the long term future. Besides, the cat & my wife made it very clear that this machine isn't going anywhere so it's here to stay. No arguments from me!
023 (resized).JPG023 (resized).JPG

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I’ve been having the same 2 problems.. you hear anything back from Stern???

I have not heard back yet. I also updated them that I was able to recreate the mystery shot qualifying the demogorgon drop target completion/start mode. I am still waiting to hear back. Sounds like this could all be a code issue tho so keeping my fingers crossed it's a bug and not a hardware issue.

#1187 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t had this yet, but purely physical. If you inspect the target it’s got nothing above it. The ball must have too spin on it when you hit it sometimes and is jumping over the wall after making impact. Is your game steep or closer to 6.5 degrees?

My game is now 6.5 at the flippers and 6.6 at the drop targets. Some kind of spin is causing the wall jump. Happens quite often for me and I have my flippers dialed back to 220 I believe. Could only imagine how much it would happen at default flipper power. There are a lot of poorly secured plastics on this machine. That plastic is one of them and I agree with another poster earlier that it will be prone to breaking if the jumping is as common as it is on mine.

#1188 4 years ago

Maybe there’s a slight variation on the LE as it does happen a lot on the pro near me, but haven’t see it on my LE. Not sure.

#1189 4 years ago

Curious where everyone ended up setting their outlane posts? Tightest setting seems too easy, and the highest setting is a little rough but not too bad. That's where mine are now, but contemplating putting them right in the middle spot. Anyone mess with this?

#1190 4 years ago

I left them wide open and turned the sling power down a bit. I found that to be a good middle ground.

#1191 4 years ago

Happy Monday!!

Another 40-50 games on my LE yesterday. I can honestly say that this game is right in line with my current favorite (BM66) in my lineup. The .83 code is enough to keep me entertained and interested.. the sounds and music are killer as well. It could use more video content, more call outs and a better res projector, but i'm sure someone will find a replacement projector soon enough. I wished the menu options provided more control of the projector but it is limited to your basic X/Y controls.

Zero Demigorgon issues, no more stuck balls, and the left ramp magnet diverter only drops the ball about 1 out of 10 times... and thats usually because I didn't hit it up the ramp hard enough. I think part of the fun with NIB games is tweaking them to your liking.. Some games more than others (I get the frustration).... We aren't recalibrating our brakes when we buy a brand new car.... But overall for this being my first NIB LE.. I am VERY pleased and I think everyone needs to relax. Buying this LE has made me want to order a TMNT LE

Happy flipping!

#1192 4 years ago

Agreed. My first LE too and I’m glad I got it. From the better clear coat to all the little add ons that are included, it’s been great.

Doubt I ever get one new in box again (simply due to the price), but glad I did it this one time.

Once I get my left ramp dialed and we get software comp for the demo I’ll be really really happy.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I left them wide open and turned the sling power down a bit. I found that to be a good middle ground.

Cool, thank you.

#1194 4 years ago

Just printed my own mod, an Arcade sign. Came out pretty ok I think. Not really sure where to put it but tried the left ramp and it looks ok there. I thought about adding lights to it but not sure I want to bother with that.

20200204_000721 (resized).jpg20200204_000721 (resized).jpg20200204_001507 (resized).jpg20200204_001507 (resized).jpg20200204_001608 (resized).jpg20200204_001608 (resized).jpg
#1195 4 years ago

I like the position looks great

#1196 4 years ago

Picked up my Pro today. I haven't been able to get my kids away from it in order to test it all out. I can tell that I'll need to adjust the demogorgon. I did back down The flipper power as suggested.

My family plays a lot of pinball and this is their pin!

MVIMG_20200203_220142 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20200203_220142 (resized).jpg
#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So, Kenwood KFC-1366 in the backbox and Goldwood GW-208/4 in the cabinet for the LE version.

Congrats on your LE. How does it relate to the PRO version?

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My family plays a lot of pinball

Best quote in this thread. How did you do it??

#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Best quote in this thread. How did you do it??

We tricked our kids into liking pinball with games like WOZ that have good visual effects and now they play just about anything.
You gotta train em young.

#1200 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

So, Kenwood KFC-1366 in the backbox and Goldwood GW-208/4 in the cabinet for the LE version.
Congrats on your LE. How does it relate to the PRO version?

Kenwood KFC-1366S

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/24?hl=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.