IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 449.
#12351 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well the port is really backed up. It could be idling in the water for 4-5 days....not what you want to hear I know.

My wife actually called FedEx for me since we couldn't understand how the machine had made it to LA already. it's on a train TO LA.

Direct quote from the agent: "it'll update if it gets here faster, but don't hold your breath"

So, I guess I'm back to waiting until the 4th. At least there are 2 tourneys to play in this weekend to distract me

#12352 2 years ago
Quoted from Razzz:

Does anyone have the Titan purple rubbers as a comparison to the Perfect Play ones? Perfect play are $50aud postage to Australia so makes it pretty expensive. I have the Titan glow in the dark rubbers and love them, but looking to replace with the purple for a change up.

Razz shoot me pm I have perfect play rubber stocked and will post down for free.

#12353 2 years ago
Quoted from Razzz:

Does anyone have the Titan purple rubbers as a comparison to the Perfect Play ones? Perfect play are $50aud postage to Australia so makes it pretty expensive. I have the Titan glow in the dark rubbers and love them, but looking to replace with the purple for a change up.

You can buy perfect play from KJS Pinball in Brisbane, much cheaper

Oops, Kurt beat me to it above lol

#12354 2 years ago

Got my topper yesterday! Love it! Shaker motor should come today or tomorrow. Really looking forward to experiencing a shaker for the first time. I actually went ahead and ordered 2 (one for AIQ)

06175A3D-E6C9-4444-B7EF-8850F439A1E6 (resized).jpeg06175A3D-E6C9-4444-B7EF-8850F439A1E6 (resized).jpegFF13FF67-494D-4178-B328-F546D536B5A6 (resized).jpegFF13FF67-494D-4178-B328-F546D536B5A6 (resized).jpeg
#12355 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Got my topper yesterday! Love it! Shaker motor should come today or tomorrow. Really looking forward to experiencing a shaker for the first time. I actually went ahead and ordered 2 (one for AIQ)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stranger Things looks like the better topper of the two in your picture. What does the AIQ topper do (if anything)?

#12356 2 years ago

I've noticed that frequently the right orbit switch isn't registering shots, for slingshot activation and other missions. In testing it seems like sometimes the ball goes on the left of the lane and doesn't trip the physical switch, just scooting by it instead, as pictured. The switch works when tripped, but sometimes when the ball is on the left edge of the lane it seems to push the switch to the right instead of pushing it down and triggering it.

Any suggestions? It's definitely hindering gameplay.

20210929_121430 (resized).jpg20210929_121430 (resized).jpg
#12357 2 years ago

Move the switch so it sits further to the left by bending it or moving the switch over.

#12358 2 years ago

ok, I didn't think it would be that simple or wasn't sure if that would be a permanent enough fix. Thank you!

#12359 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

ok, I didn't think it would be that simple or wasn't sure if that would be a permanent enough fix. Thank you!

Also check your level. Rarely should a shot to the right orbit hug the left side. If ever.

#12360 2 years ago

Chuckwurt.. where is the link to the definitive ...how the game should be adjusted playfield wise to your perspective? Ball guides and targets etc.

#12361 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Chuckwurt.. where is the link to the definitive ...how the game should be adjusted playfield wise to your perspective? Ball guides and targets etc.

Please note. It’s not really possible to get the lockout to go around the burn it back loop 100% of the time but your can get it to where it does most of the time if you want.

#12362 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Stranger Things looks like the better topper of the two in your picture. What does the AIQ topper do (if anything)?

AIQ topper is really nice. It keeps up with the gems you collect, even when you start a new game. No matter how many games it takes you, once you collect all the gems you get another multiball. It resets after you collect them all. I’ve yet to collect the purple gem since owning AIQ, so I still haven’t seen it. Haha. It’s a cool addition I guess, but I only got it for the look of it. I think it completes the look of your pins! These are my first 2 sterns and first 2 toppers. What can I say, I'm definitely a topper guy now.

#12363 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please note. It’s not really possible to get the lockout to go around the burn it back loop 100% of the time but your can get it to where it does most of the time if you want.

Awesome thanks @chuckwurt! I was actually thinking of messaging you today for dialed in settings!

#12364 2 years ago

Thanks for the video repost...the second post rubber idea, I'm going to give that whirl.

Nothing on the shooter lane guide?

Any chance of an aerial up close shot of the shooter gate area...where the two metal guides meet?

#12365 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

AIQ topper is really nice. It keeps up with the gems you collect, even when you start a new game. No matter how many games it takes you, once you collect all the gems you get another multiball. It resets after you collect them all. I’ve yet to collect the purple gem since owning AIQ, so I still haven’t seen it. Haha. It’s a cool addition I guess, but I only got it for the look of it. I think it completes the look of your pins! These are my first 2 sterns and first 2 toppers. What can I say, I'm definitely a topper guy now.

AIQ wasn't on my want list but man, the more I look at a game the more I end up wanting it. I have a GNR arriving in the next two weeks and I'm still hunting for a DP and TWD. The ramps on the AIQ look great. This is a complete sickness. I love it.

#12366 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks for the video repost...the second post rubber idea, I'm going to give that whirl.
Nothing on the shooter lane guide?
Any chance of an aerial up close shot of the shooter gate area...where the two metal guides meet?

C7F601A8-39B7-4E62-B8F7-7F7691D4F8BD (resized).jpegC7F601A8-39B7-4E62-B8F7-7F7691D4F8BD (resized).jpegF9835898-BC82-44D9-85A8-809BD2CBBFAF (resized).jpegF9835898-BC82-44D9-85A8-809BD2CBBFAF (resized).jpeg
#12367 2 years ago

is the LE likely to have the proper left side ramp cover installed from the factory?

#12368 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

is the LE likely to have the proper left side ramp cover installed from the factory?

Doubtful. They made all LEs early on.

#12369 2 years ago

heard some horror stories lately about people unboxing new pins and needing to drop $500 on busted parts right out of the box. really don't want to have to explain that to my wife

#12370 2 years ago

heard some horror stories lately about people unboxing new pins and needing to drop $500 on busted parts right out of the box. really don't want to have to explain that to my wife

I doubt that was anything made by stern.

#12371 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I doubt that was anything made by stern.

Beatles and Munsters were specifically referenced

#12372 2 years ago

Beatles and Munsters were specifically referenced

No way anyone had to pay for parts out of the box. Stern would’ve covered anything that was broken right out of the box. Doesn’t compute with me sorry.

#12373 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way anyone had to pay for parts out of the box. Stern would’ve covered anything that was broken right out of the box. Doesn’t compute with me sorry.

that's good to know. i was a little freaked out that the warranty on a NIB doesn't cover anything but the boards and LCD

#12374 2 years ago

that's good to know. i was a little freaked out that the warranty on a NIB doesn't cover anything but the boards and LCD

Well unless you accept a destroyed box delivery, I highly doubt stern makes you pay anything for broken parts right out of the box. They will send you everything for free. And chances are, there are zero issues with your game that need anything substantial to fix.

#12375 2 years ago

sorry, nib noob here

#12376 2 years ago

sorry, nib noob here

No worries. Don’t like stupid incorrect info get you down. Stern, for the most post, does a great job of making things right.

#12377 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No worries. Don’t like stupid incorrect info get you down. Stern, for the most post, does a great job of making things right.

i didn't work very hard for the money i earned to buy this game but it's still an unusal thing for me to spend this much money

i appreciate your soothing dulcet tones, chuck

#12378 2 years ago

After 2 years and 4500+ plays on my machine it was determined I actually have a bad playfield and stern is sending me an unpopulated playfield free of charge. The written warranty isn't long but they go above and beyond on support if you are not a complete jerk to them.

#12379 2 years ago

I have never found Stern to limit their customer service based on their written warranty. I think the official wording is only there to limit people just trying to take advantage of them with issues that were not reasonably within their control. There have been many times over the years that Stern has gone above and beyond to make things right, even years later and in cases where I was not even the original owner.

#12380 2 years ago

I had a broken lock down bar latch on my Avengers. I emailed them and Pablo responded in less than 15 minutes asking for a picture of my serial number and the problem. After providing those, I got confirmation that they are sending me a new latch. All of that within a couple hours time from original report to them sending me a replacement. Can't beat that.

#12381 2 years ago

they got right back to me this morning when i emailed them about the TK lock kit. they can't send one without a serial number, but still, very responsive

#12383 2 years ago

that must be for mando got excited there for a second

#12384 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

that must be for mando got excited there for a second

Hahaha. Whoops.

#12385 2 years ago

Just joined the club! Can anyone post a pic of the mylar under the gorg ramp? Is it normal that the ramp over time starts to make a mark in the mylar there? Any way to tweak the up and down positions of the ramp at all?

#12386 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Just joined the club! Can anyone post a pic of the mylar under the gorg ramp? Is it normal that the ramp over time starts to make a mark in the mylar there? Any way to tweak the up and down positions of the ramp at all?

Mine has a small line on it, I think that's probably normal. Can't really see it unless you get up close to it.

#12387 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Mine has a small line on it, I think that's probably normal. Can't really see it unless you get up close to it.

Thanks a lot. If you tried to take a picture, is the line visible enough to be seen on camera?

#12388 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Thanks a lot. If you tried to take a picture, is the line visible enough to be seen on camera?

Yes. I put another layer of Mylar on mine just to be safe. 3000 plays later and it’s all good.

#12389 2 years ago

I decided to accent the dark pop alley by putting this purple plasma in and adding a color changer pcb chip under the back right corner, the sizzle sound effect up there goes great with the pop and really turned this area into a feature(:

#12390 2 years ago

Has anyone received a topper from Cointaker?
Ive emailed twice this week asking the status of where my topper is seeing I ordered and paid for it and received no response!

#12391 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Ive emailed twice this week asking the status of where my topper is seeing I ordered and paid for it and received no response!

My emails to Cointaker get ignored fairly often. In stark contrast, every email I send to Zach gets a reply same day. Guess who is getting my business from now on?

#12392 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My order was R526918592 on Date: 03-24-2021. I received mine on 9-21-21

#12393 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Cointaker on Tuesday emailed saying they have no word on topper shipments yet.

#12394 2 years ago

I ordered one from Cointaker in July. I have not received it yet.

#12395 2 years ago

I ordered my topper from Cointaker in March and it just showed up last week. No email or shipping notice from Cointaker. I know they had to take some time off recently and they are getting crushed with Alien. I stopped asking for updates but it appears the toppers are finally shipping along with other accessories for Stranger Things. I agree with the comment about Zach, very open and responsive.

#12396 2 years ago

I think distributors could do themselves a favor and just send out a monthly email to people with pending orders. I’d be happy with “I haven’t forgotten about you, I’ll let you know you as soon as your order gets here from Stern”. I’m guessing they have people calling them all day about this stuff. I try to only bug my distributor every 2-3 months.

#12397 2 years ago

could today be the day?

image (3) (resized).pngimage (3) (resized).png
#12398 2 years ago

I've been holding out to get a Premium, but looks like that ship has sailed at anything like reasonable prices, even if Stern does do another run in 2022. Considering a Pro because I think I can still get one before the prices go boom.

Kind of a weird situation though because it will probably come with Insider Connect, with the Pro apron. I already have the Premium UV kit, was just going to use the apron from that. I wonder if I will be able to move the QR reader over from the Pro apron to the Premium one and get the new apron art from Stern...

#12399 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I've been holding out to get a Premium, but looks like that ship has sailed at anything like reasonable prices, even if Stern does do another run in 2022. Considering a Pro because I think I can still get one before the prices go boom.
Kind of a weird situation though because it will probably come with Insider Connect, with the Pro apron. I already have the Premium UV kit, was just going to use the apron from that. I wonder if I will be able to move the QR reader over from the Pro apron to the Premium one and get the new apron art from Stern...

Your premium UV apron has a cutout in the righthand side where the pricing card would go. I believe that is meant to accept the reader. The premium aprons (and pros, for that matter) have been had cutouts for a while now. Stern has been working on this for years. My idea would be to move the scanner to the premium apron card holder and then make a custom card with a cutout to allow it to show for use.

#12400 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I bet youd be able to move it to the premium apron. Even if you can’t, you can always buy the insider connect for the premium and sell the pro apron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/248 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.