IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 448.
#12301 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I am in shock at this but the Stern quality team took a look at the pictures I sent, determined that this is a defective playfield and they are sending me a replacement unpopulated playfield when the next run of pros are done in late nov-dec. Honestly I have only had amazing service from them. Pablo and the entire quality and support teams over there are awesome. A bit speachless to be honest. I was not expecting that

That's awesome! Stern is an awesome company in many ways, and I love hearing stuff like this. I'm amazed you heard back so quickly. My last replacement they thought about for months, but that was right in the beginnings of COVID lockdown. I will say, do not expect to see it any time soon. I have had a couple replaced, and each time it has taken at least a couple months to ship. I am still waiting for a JP playfield they agreed to replace back in February. I'm not worried...it will show up someday, and thankfully my machine is fully playable in the meantime, so no big deal. I'm sure they are tied to whenever the next run is.

Anyway, CONGRATS! An unpopulated swap is a big project, but a fun one. Enjoy!

#12302 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's awesome! Stern is an awesome company in many ways, and I love hearing stuff like this. I'm amazed you heard back so quickly. My last replacement they thought about for months, but that was right in the beginnings of COVID lockdown. I will say, do not expect to see it any time soon. I have had a couple replaced, and each time it has taken at least a couple months to ship. I am still waiting for a JP playfield they agreed to replace back in February. I'm not worried...it will show up someday, and thankfully my machine is fully playable in the meantime, so no big deal. I'm sure they are tied to whenever the next run is.
Anyway, CONGRATS! An unpopulated swap is a big project, but a fun one. Enjoy!

Thanks! yeah I'm not worried about timing. The machine is still playable for now so as long as an insert doesn't fall out or something I can wait. Pablo said it won't be until the next run of the pro's happens which is currently scheduled for late nov/early dec. With parts stuff that could easily go into next year I'm sure. My distributor also got involved with this and it's a big one so that probably helped move it along as well. Still though they are going above and beyond here and I'm very happy with the outcome.

#12303 2 years ago

I am in shock at this but the Stern quality team took a look at the pictures I sent, determined that this is a defective playfield and they are sending me a replacement unpopulated playfield when the next run of pros are done in late nov-dec. Honestly I have only had amazing service from them. Pablo and the entire quality and support teams over there are awesome. A bit speachless to be honest. I was not expecting that

Nice, didnt think they would do that. I had a large chunk of clear coat that chipped off of my GOTG and all they sent me was a bottle of clear to fix it myself. I'm glad they did this for you!!

#12304 2 years ago

Playfield swap makes me sweat just thinking about it but man that’s awesome. I would beat the shit of your current one and save the NIB playfield for years down the road. As long as gameplay isn’t effected.

#12305 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Playfield swap makes me sweat just thinking about it but man that’s awesome. I would beat the shit of your current one and save the NIB playfield for years down the road. As long as gameplay isn’t effected.

I'm actually looking forward to it. If it was an old Williams machine I'd be worried but there's not a lot under the playfield on this one and I've already had the top mostly apart so many times that I can do that in my sleep. I'm going to look into having the clear coat redone once it gets here as this machine is never leaving my home and I'm going to want this play field to be perfect. I also accidentally scratched both ramps underneath doing all the repairs so I'm going to look into flame polishing those as well while I'm at it.

I can see why they would call this a major defect as the inserts are pulling away from the clear causing bubbles. It's only been getting worse and I'm sure over time it's going to get a lot worse. I certainly hope no one else is having this issue. My machine was one of the first off the line for the home use pros.

I had a guardians for a while and was getting some major digging into the clear by the scoop. I put the le protector on it before it got really bad and started chipping but it was going to real quick. With that issue I can see why a clear touch up would be ideal instead of a complete playfield swap as it's on the edge and repairable.

#12306 2 years ago

I think that is great they approved it so quickly. My question w be why aren't they sending you a populated playfield?

#12307 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think that is great they approved it so quickly. My question w be why aren't they sending you a populated playfield?

Because it’s more expensive.

#12308 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

An unpopulated swap is a big project, but a fun one. Enjoy!

I would love to swap a playfield on this game. I just did a LOTR swap and it was about 50 hours. I think STH would be maybe 24 hours? Definitely doable.

I still have a Gorbachev-shaped scar from where a Centaur playfield came down on my head. Worst. Swap. Ever.

#12309 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it’s more expensive.

I get that but in a case like this, isnt't that the roght thing to do? Just sending out a completely unpopulated playfield and assuming we all have the time or expertise to do it on our own is a cop out IMO.

His playfield is clearly defective. It should be replaced with a fully populated one. Can you inagine a car company sending an owner a transmission if the one from the factory was bad and telling them installation was on them? We're to accepting of this type of treatment in this hobby IMO.

#12310 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I get that but in a case like this, isnt't that the roght thing to do?

Right thing would be to replace his whole game, but sterns not known for doing that. Populated playfields from stern are very rare and usually are done when the game is unplayable like a warped playfield.

#12311 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right thing would be to replace his whole game, but sterns not known for doing that. Populated playfields from stern are very rare and usually are done when the game is unplayable like a warped playfield.

He just needs a new, populated playfield, not entire game, though. I just think these machines are expensive enough that in cases like these, those replacement playfields should be sent out populated.

Of course Stern doesnt want to do that but good grief, they just raised their prices again $1k + per game over night. If you send out some games with major manufacturing defects, stand by your product and do the right thing by your customers .

#12312 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

He just needs a new, populated playfield, not entire game, though. I just think these machines are expensive enough that in cases like these, those replacement playfields should be sent out populated.
Of course Stern doesnt want to do that but good grief, they just raised their prices again $1k + per game over night. If you send out some games with major manufacturing defects, stand by your product and do the right thing by your customers .

Sterns not perfect, but give me their policies on playfield issues over JJP any day. At least stern doesn’t something, and doesn’t ignore it. They’ve chosen o send unpopulated playfields in most cases, I’m fine with that. You can play your game to death them bring it back to new down the road with a few days worth of work.

#12313 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sterns not perfect, but give me their policies on playfield issues over JJP any day. At least stern doesn’t something, and doesn’t ignore it. They’ve chosen o send unpopulated playfields in most cases, I’m fine with that. You can play your game to death them bring it back to new down the road with a few days worth of work.

I'll agree with you that they are a lot better than JJP. That sadly isn't saying much. With that said, you are assuming all hobbyists have both the time and know how to do a playfield swap. Most don't, me inckuded. Paying someone else to do it would likeky cost several thousand.

This is just a strange industry and hobby. These are very expensive, high end consumer products. In what other industry would a manufacturer send out a product with a major manufacturing defect and ask the customer to spend hours or days fixing the problem? Pinball is the only one I can think of.

#12314 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

you are assuming all hobbyists have both the time and know how to do a playfield swap.

I didn’t assume any of that. Worse case, you can find someone to do it, or sell the game with the new playfield included to someone that does know how.

Everyone can learn btw. Just takes time. Unless they are physically disabled.

Also, in this case, I’ll be shocked if his gameplay is ever affected by these issues. So that means he can play his game until he’s ready to sell without needing the swap.

Pinball cannot be compared to anything, but people sure do try constantly!

#12315 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I didn’t assume any of that. Worse case, you can find someone to do it, or sell the game with the new playfield included to someone that does know how.
Everyone can learn btw. Just takes time. Unless they are physically disabled.
Also, in this case, I’ll be shocked if his gameplay is ever affected by these issues. So that means he can play his game until he’s ready to sell without needing the swap.
Pinball cannot be compared to anything, but people sure do try constantly!

We'll agree to disagree on this one. I just think when you're a manufacturer selling very expensive, high end consumer products like pinball machines, you have an obligation to maintain a level of quality and stand by your customers when they have major flaws or defects. The onus to perform a time consuming playfield swap and the learning curve that goes with it shouldn't be on the customer in these type of cases IMO.

In a competitive industry (which pinball currently is not), poor quality and customer service is a sure fire recipe for failure. My hope is companies like CGC and Spooky which seem to be churning out high quality machines continue to thrive so competition forces the industry to increase quality and levels of customer care.

#12316 2 years ago

Stern used to send out populated playfields like candy. It had to have cost them a fortune, both in the pf itself and shipping three directions (they sent you a box and you had to ship your old populated pf back for those). For MOST defects, I'm ok with unpopulated. It's definitely better than nothing. I'm guessing the majority of people that receive them never put them in, and sell them with the machine (or seperately) down the road. It's a good "insurance policy" for when things get too bad. I am always appalled hearing about and seeing the playfields that JJP refuse to stand behind. At least Stern (usually) does the right thing.

Quoted from swampfire:

I would love to swap a playfield on this game. I just did a LOTR swap and it was about 50 hours. I think STH would be maybe 24 hours? Definitely doable.
I still have a Gorbachev-shaped scar from where a Centaur playfield came down on my head. Worst. Swap. Ever.

I just did a TMNT pro over Memorial Day weekend. It took 28 hours, but that included a couple hours of troubleshooting and in retrospect there are a couple things I could have done better/easier. One big example was buy new t-nuts instead of trying to pry the old ones out, straighten the tines, and reuse. Ugg. Live and learn, LOL! I also bled a little, but thankfully no scars, haha! Very fun project though, and a three day weekend was perfect for it. I am looking forward to doing my JP once that one shows up.

#12317 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

We'll agree to disagree on this one. I just think when you're a manufacturer selling very expensive, high end consumer products like pinball machines, you have an obligation to maintain a level of quality and stand by your customers when they have major flaws or defects. The onus to perform a time consuming playfield swap and the learning curve that goes with it shouldn't be on the customer in these type of cases IMO.
In a competitive industry (which pinball currently is not), poor quality and customer service is a sure fire recipe for failure. My hope is companies like CGC and Spooky which seem to be churning out high quality machines continue to thrive so competition forces the industry to increase quality and levels of customer care.

Are they really a high end consumer manufacturer though? The pins are designed for a commercial environment managed by commercial entities. Even the sales process through distributors is very commercial oriented. "the pins" are designed for home use and use very different materials. I don't think Stern has made that transition to consumer or is even looking to really do that. An operator probably would not be caring too much about the ghosting inserts or the fact that it's getting worse. In fact after 2 years they are probably trying to sell it off for the next big thing. They expect the ops to be able to work on the machines and keep them making money.

I'd like to see them selling consumer oriented versions of the pro and premium without the coin mechs and with quality and warranties tailored for that industry but I doubt that's going to happen. Aren't ops still the majority of sales for Stern?

I love working on the machines so for me, after 2 years and 4k+ plays on it, I'm more than satisfied with a replacement playfield. I can understand how others would have a different view though.

#12318 2 years ago

Are they really a high end consumer manufacturer though? The pins are designed for a commercial environment managed by commercial entities. Even the sales process through distributors is very commercial oriented. "the pins" are designed for home use and use very different materials. I don't think Stern has made that transition to consumer or is even looking to really do that. An operator probably would not be caring too much about the ghosting inserts or the fact that it's getting worse. In fact after 2 years they are probably trying to sell it off for the next big thing. They expect the ops to be able to work on the machines and keep them making money.
I'd like to see them selling consumer oriented versions of the pro and premium without the coin mechs and with quality and warranties tailored for that industry but I doubt that's going to happen. Aren't ops still the majority of sales for Stern?
I love working on the machines so for me, after 2 years and 4k+ plays on it, I'm more than satisfied with a replacement playfield. I can understand how others would have a different view though.

I get you like working on the machines and am glad that Stern worked with you on a remedy you are good with and works for you. If it were me, I'd probably be pushing for a full replacement because I don't currently have the time or skill set to do a swap. They did fully populated playfields for a lot of GB 's LE's just like yours in the past, even if they are less likely ro do so now.

Others in the same camp as me would probably just keep the replacement playfield and sell it with the game when/if that time comes. That is great except that seller then may take a significant ding on the sales price as the market of those willing to take on that potential project is smaller and would factor the time they would take doing it into any offer.

I know I wouldn't be a buyer for a game with a ghosting playfield even with a uninstalled replacement playfield) and my guess is I'm in the majority. This is the biggest reason I won't even consider buying a JJP game new or used.

#12319 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

and my guess is I'm in the majority.

You’re not. No one complains about it for cirqus Voltaire or other 90s games with the issue.

Also sold my GOT pro with bad ghosting with 10k plays on it for $200 more than what I paid NIB for it.

#12320 2 years ago

Would love to see someone with technical skills code the game into AFM. All the shots are there!

#12321 2 years ago

Is there a way to edit the projector graphics? I feel like as awesome as it is, there are a bunch of missed opportunities. Here’s just a few I’ve thought of, but I know there could be a ton more.

1. Upside down modes. I wish the drop targets for the first upside down had something different on them, something more distinct to the upside down, like demo dog heads or something. Also, in upside down 2, I wish the ramps had something more unique on them, like maybe odd looking arrows or veins or something.

2. Monster hunting. The drop targets should be gas canisters, baseball bats, traps, etc.

3. Quarter Hunting. Instead of arrows on the ramps, quarters would be sick.

4. When telekinesis multiball is ready, there should be a distinct indicator on the ramp projector, like a lighting bolt, or vans driving up the ramp, or something.

5. When the stand ups are triggered, a new graphic on them would be cool, instead of just turning off. The inserts tend to color the blank stand ups a kind of teal color, so maybe lean into that color scheme with some kind of graphic that indicates the shot has been made.

6. Total isolation should also have some clear ramp projection indicators.

I know some of these might not be possible, because it would require adding an animation mode that simply isn’t there. However, I feel like some of these should absolutely be possible, since it’s just replacing something already in the game with a new image file.

If anyone has an idea of how I could get started on this project, I’d love to try my hand at it. I have a graphic design background, and my wife is good with code.

#12322 2 years ago

I'm glad to hear you will get a replacement playfield. Even unpopulated I think you caught a good break on this decision. Congrats!

#12323 2 years ago
Quoted from Caveman-Gurkan:

Would love to see someone with technical skills code the game into AFM. All the shots are there!

Or you could, you know, play this one.

Quoted from KingVidiot:

Is there a way to edit the projector graphics? I

Yep. Pinball browser. Get to work.

#12324 2 years ago

Today I received insert ladders for stranger things from pinmonk and they are very nice indeed.
Had a full set for gb which were excellent, only 3 needed on ST but got rid of those awful white inserts and now looks like fire for burn it back
Also thanks to Chris B for the standard premium apron which I drilled and transferred the uv kit from the pro apron I received to it, and again to Chris B for sending me 2 replacement apron window plastics as I managed to scrape the back of one when drilling the holes, I should have removed them first, so thanks Chris for not making my mistake permanent !
As I have a pro it doesn’t have the apron plastic lights so thanks to Phil for getting these for me which I also fitted today and wired up to the white GI.
Along with swopping the red flasher domes to purple, again supplied by Phil.
Also changed the awful green start button to red which looks like purple when lit lol love it.
Also glad I went with the purple rubbers over the awful uv ones and they look stunning when they turn pink with the UV, pity my phone doesn’t capture the lights very well and looks spectacular in person.
Just the magnetic Apron to fit which arrives this week, die shooter rod, clear drops and get the powder coating done once my side armour arrives and job done

09A72D3E-00F3-4039-A5EF-0AC568CE8F50 (resized).jpeg09A72D3E-00F3-4039-A5EF-0AC568CE8F50 (resized).jpeg1E20CB1F-5BD3-4B1A-9D90-E153CDEBFF17 (resized).jpeg1E20CB1F-5BD3-4B1A-9D90-E153CDEBFF17 (resized).jpeg27F5EFFC-10A2-4F14-911F-21E668B19B07 (resized).jpeg27F5EFFC-10A2-4F14-911F-21E668B19B07 (resized).jpeg2DC33F4A-42EF-476C-B6C3-73A18ED8842A (resized).jpeg2DC33F4A-42EF-476C-B6C3-73A18ED8842A (resized).jpeg3798D79B-4E87-4FF0-8404-D79C88C97FD8 (resized).jpeg3798D79B-4E87-4FF0-8404-D79C88C97FD8 (resized).jpeg3B5465F2-B4B2-4B52-B24D-510462D699EB (resized).jpeg3B5465F2-B4B2-4B52-B24D-510462D699EB (resized).jpeg421637CE-105A-41B2-ABCF-C19ECF95793F (resized).jpeg421637CE-105A-41B2-ABCF-C19ECF95793F (resized).jpeg57135D79-E1F5-46E0-A54C-FDA29940ED8A (resized).jpeg57135D79-E1F5-46E0-A54C-FDA29940ED8A (resized).jpeg6A7F161B-C348-4D75-B084-2A3A03881939 (resized).jpeg6A7F161B-C348-4D75-B084-2A3A03881939 (resized).jpeg77003E3E-EB59-4E9B-8ABF-D9235CB1F134 (resized).jpeg77003E3E-EB59-4E9B-8ABF-D9235CB1F134 (resized).jpeg9370E976-5D02-4FDA-A307-7EAC9CBE9E35 (resized).jpeg9370E976-5D02-4FDA-A307-7EAC9CBE9E35 (resized).jpeg9568BE0A-D457-4C1F-AEC7-DA74BD9864F6 (resized).jpeg9568BE0A-D457-4C1F-AEC7-DA74BD9864F6 (resized).jpeg
#12325 2 years ago

What's with everyone's obsession to eliminate all clear inserts with white light under them? It's obviously good for PinMonk's wallet, but I don't get it. What's wrong with a white insert light?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12326 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

What's with everyone's obsession to eliminate all clear inserts with white light under them? It's obviously good for PinMonk's wallet, but I don't get it. What's wrong with a white insert light?

1. The white is too bright relative to the other inserts
2. The red-orange gel makes the inserts look like fire (burn it back)
3. They look great

I’m usually in the same camp as you - I haven’t changed any of the insert colors in my Metallica, for example. But these match the theme so well, they look factory.

#12327 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There’s nothing wrong with a white insert light at all, I didn’t think those 3 inserts fitted with the rest of the playfield and same with GB, but that’s my opinion, they aren’t permanent so can easily be removed, but I think they look much better.
Personal taste.
Same with new Godzilla artwork, I cancelled my order, tho I’m not overkeen on ST art but it could be worse !
Mando, however, it’s exceptional to me.
It’s good we all don’t like the same things, so I’m grateful that people like pinmonk offer an alternative and I don’t think at the price he charges that he’ll be buying an island anytime soon, Stern, however seem to be able to charge ridiculous money for not much value, toppers especially !!

#12328 2 years ago

Does anyone know where to buy replacement projectors?

Thanks!

#12329 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Pinball browser. Get to work.

Okay, so I downloaded it and am currently browsing sounds to make sure I have a grasp on the way this thing works before purchasing the software. On the surface, it seems very straight-forward.

However, the biggest hurdle is going to be the mislabeled bookmarks. I've downloaded both the Stern and The Celand mod, as well as a Jurassic Park LE image, and none of the audio assets are labeled properly. I was going to do an audio mod for Jurassic Park first, replacing the original music with soundtrack score material from the first 3 movies, just as a test to see if I can get this thing to work properly, but the missing/mislabeled bookmarks make this task 10x as daunting

The user-populated bookmark feature is a huge time-saver.... if it would work.

#12330 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Today I received insert ladders for stranger things from pinmonk and they are very nice indeed.
Had a full set for gb which were excellent, only 3 needed on ST but got rid of those awful white inserts and now looks like fire for burn it back
Also thanks to Chris B for the standard premium apron which I drilled and transferred the uv kit from the pro apron I received to it, and again to Chris B for sending me 2 replacement apron window plastics as I managed to scrape the back of one when drilling the holes, I should have removed them first, so thanks Chris for not making my mistake permanent !
As I have a pro it doesn’t have the apron plastic lights so thanks to Phil for getting these for me which I also fitted today and wired up to the white GI.
Along with swopping the red flasher domes to purple, again supplied by Phil.
Also changed the awful green start button to red which looks like purple when lit lol love it.
Also glad I went with the purple rubbers over the awful uv ones and they look stunning when they turn pink with the UV, pity my phone doesn’t capture the lights very well and looks spectacular in person.
Just the magnetic Apron to fit which arrives this week, die shooter rod, clear drops and get the powder coating done once my side armour arrives and job done
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

How does your start button light purple if it’s red? Do you have the stock green Start insert installed under the red start button cover? Or are you using a purple LED?

Are those Titan rubbers? I think they have more than one purple, which one is UV reactive?

#12331 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Very nice!
How does your start button light purple if it’s red? Do you have the stock green Start insert installed under the red start button cover? Or are you using a purple LED?
Are those Titan rubbers? I think they have more than one purple, which one is UV reactive?

Hi,
It’s a complete new Stern Red start button.
But I only swopped the button and holder and left the original bulb and bulb holder attached to the machine and just twisted in to place.
It’s red when unlit but looks more pinky / purple when lit, strange I know but it is stranger things lol
The rubbers are the same as on a post on here - perfect play purple, so they are purple during normal play but go pink when uv on or flashing, it’s very nice and they play really well too

#12332 2 years ago

I’ve been searching this thread and haven’t found anything. I just noticed that my Demo is registering hits randomly by just wailing on the left flipper button (ball in hand). I thought maybe a loose opto or something but I can’t figure out anything.

Anyone have this happen?

#12333 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Hi,
But I only swopped the button and holder and left the original bulb and bulb holder attached to the machine and just twisted in to place.
It’s red when unlit but looks more pinky / purple when lit, strange I know but it is stranger things lol
The rubbers are the same as on a post on here - perfect play purple, so they are purple during normal play but go pink when uv on or flashing, it’s very nice and they play really well too

Awesome, thanks for sharing! That is strange about the start button, but good to know, ha! I don’t have the game yet, but do have the Titan Glow in the Dark rubber ring kit, and I like yours a lot as an alternative, plus they match the colors of the game.

#12334 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I’ve been searching this thread and haven’t found anything. I just noticed that my Demo is registering hits randomly by just wailing on the left flipper button (ball in hand). I thought maybe a loose opto or something but I can’t figure out anything.
Anyone have this happen?

Managed to see it for a second in switch test. I get this for a second when just pressing the left flipper button.
90216E47-A0E9-4AFE-94CC-707F4338FA5B (resized).jpeg90216E47-A0E9-4AFE-94CC-707F4338FA5B (resized).jpeg

#12335 2 years ago

That is the opto right at the top of the demo ramp. Looks like it needs adjustment or cleaning.

#12336 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That is the opto right at the top of the demo ramp. Looks like it needs adjustment or cleaning.

It was a bad opto but one of the wires had come off. Had to take off the ramp and plastics. My friend was over and he helped as we soldered it back on. Always nice to have an extra set of hands.

#12337 2 years ago

So I noticed there is music in the pin jukebox for the Snow Ball. In Cleland's mod, "Every Breath You Take" is that music. Where if anywhere in the game does this appear? Is it the surprise at the end of the wizard Final Battle mode if you somehow complete it?

#12338 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So I noticed there is music in the pin jukebox for the Snow Ball. In Cleland's mod, "Every Breath You Take" is that music. Where if anywhere in the game does this appear? Is it the surprise at the end of the wizard Final Battle mode if you somehow complete it?

Yes. Completing final showdown goes to the snowball dance mode.

#12339 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Completing final showdown goes to the snowball dance mode.

Ok, thanks. Guessing I'll never see that. My favorite song from the show too .

Any chance there are any addition code updates or is it done? I still think they should have at least made 2-3 different TK multiball scenes instead of the same van scene over and over again. There are three distinct multiball modes in my EHOH.

#12340 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Any chance there are any addition code updates or is it done?

Always possible, and it will need one to add insider connected at least, but I don’t expect anymore updates outside of bug fixes.

#12341 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Is there a way to edit the projector graphics? I feel like as awesome as it is, there are a bunch of missed opportunities. Here’s just a few I’ve thought of, but I know there could be a ton more.

I brought this up recently as well and mentioned if there was something like Pinball Browser for the projector that would be amazing - but I didn't know that Pinball Browser could actually do it?!? I'll gladly help if I can with identifying anything and content ideas, I'm still trying to get PB to work with Crossover on my Mac though, so if anyone has any tips for that pls let me know.
At the very least static images that look like the Pro decals on ramps and targets could be utilized during attract mode and during gameplay where there's zero projections, but moving graphics would of course be better, and like you said there's many areas that couldn't hurt to add/improve on current projections. Cracking this open would only compliment all of the great mapping work that was already done for this machine!

#12342 2 years ago

Hi Stranger Things club! Just joined with a pro and we love it.

I keep getting air balls off the Demogorgon that hit the glass. I put invisiglass on it but am a bit freaked out how many times its hit it... is there a fix or modification to reduce the air balls that hit the glass? Anyone have an air ball break their glass?

#12343 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I keep getting air balls off the Demogorgon that hit the glass. I put invisiglass on it but am a bit freaked out how many times its hit it... is there a fix or modification to reduce the air balls that hit the glass? Anyone have an air ball break their glass?

Welcome! Turn down the flipper strength in game settings is a great start. I think Stranger Things default is way too high, and causes lots of airballs off the drops.

#12344 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

However, the biggest hurdle is going to be the mislabeled bookmarks.
The user-populated bookmark feature is a huge time-saver.... if it would work.

I did all the bookmarks for Stranger Things. If you’ll share an example of where they’re mislabeled, I’ll start with a blank slate and download the bookmarks from the internet to compare.

#12345 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Today I received insert ladders for stranger things from pinmonk and they are very nice indeed...

Just a comment regarding your playfield / protector. Since I can see clearly those "wet spots" I highly recommend to follow these instructions...
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/docs/PP_QuickTip_Wet_Spots.pdf

#12346 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Your demogorgon shot needs adjusted. Shouldn’t be getting that many airballs that hit the glass. Search this thread. Tons of help for dialing that shot in.

#12347 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Hi,

Does anyone have the Titan purple rubbers as a comparison to the Perfect Play ones? Perfect play are $50aud postage to Australia so makes it pretty expensive. I have the Titan glow in the dark rubbers and love them, but looking to replace with the purple for a change up.

#12348 2 years ago

fuuuuuuuu machine hit LA yesterday. how long can it take to get it to long beach?

#12349 2 years ago

Is that Phew... or F.U. LOL

#12350 2 years ago

Well the port is really backed up. It could be idling in the water for 4-5 days....not what you want to hear I know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.