20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 445.
#12251 2 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say which distros (not sure why I wouldn't be allowed) but if you want a referral send me a quick PM!

Share away. The only thing frowned upon is publicly posting prices they gave you especially if it was a deal.

At this point I’m sure lots of people would love to grab any game before prices go up 1/1

#12252 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Share away. The only thing frowned upon is publicly posting prices they gave you especially if it was a deal.
At this point I’m sure lots of people would love to grab any game before prices go up 1/1

I bought from Melissa at Cointaker. She told me she had 6 or 7 Pros two weeks ago. I would guess she still has some. Mine was born in February which makes me assume they've had them for a while. If you order from Cointaker please tell Melissa you were referred by Del Ray .

The UV kit came from Zach at Flip N Out. I think he may still have more as well.

Good luck all!

#12253 2 years ago

I wish I could get cointaker to send me the AIQ premium I ordered way back when and was told it was ready to ship to me from them on September 3rd. Here I am on the 22nd and the machine has still not left their warehouse with only "It'll ship tomorrow" every time I ask.

#12254 2 years ago

Finished my 4th tutorial yesterday...

Stranger Things Pinball Tutorial (English)

*Tutorial*
In depth info at start – to jump directly into the game click... 50:17! | Please use the chapters to navigate in the video...

*Chapters*
00:00 Introduction
02:05 Layout
11:00 Basics (Rules)
50:17 The Game - Start
1:14:02 The Game - Total Isolation
1:22:33 The Game - Can't Stop This
1:30:30 The Game - Total Isolation 2
1:38:30 The Game - Send It Back
1:48:23 The Game - Light The Fire
1:52:00 The Game - Final Showdown
2:00:14 Summary
2:02:14 Stranger Things in 1 min

More infos about my tutorials...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-tutorials-led-zeppelin-stranger-things-more-coming-up

Hope you like it!

#12255 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The pro translite kinda sucks IMO. The only alternative ones Ive seen are retro refurbs but I don’t really like them either. Is there another one besides these?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Agree!
Made my own

20200214_182309 (resized).jpg20200214_182309 (resized).jpg20210322_103431 (resized).jpg20210322_103431 (resized).jpg
#12256 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Someone asked me yesterday what my grail pin is, and it’s this game.
For me, the combination of layout, projector, uv kit, central bash toy with mouth skill shot, easy to shoot modes, music and theme, and general challenge all just click perfectly. Locking all 3 balls on the wall (super consistently now with the free ramp cover replacement I got from Stern) is the most satisfying ball lock mechanism in all of pinball.
I’ve done some mods myself, like drawing all new UV ink art on the art blades, flippers, and few other accessories. Super hard to get proper pictures of.
Also added a mirror above the pops, because I just love watching pops go off, haha. It’s one of the many simple joys in pinball.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, that is sick. How did you do it? Go over the original Stern art with UV paint? Was it a paint pen or something else? Is the color “clear” when there is no black light shining on it or?

#12257 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It's funny how many people have the accessories and don't yet have the game, while others have the game and waiting (impatiently) for the accessories. I ordered the topper and UV kit in May. Someday...

That’s me. I ordered every Stern accessory for this game as they came out, but I don’t own the game yet.

And now I can’t buy the premium NIB so I have the joy of finding a used one for a reasonable price. Figured Stern would make them for at least two years but it seems that Stern only makes premiums for one year. I know this game didn’t sell well initially so that probably had something to do with it.

#12258 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I wish I could get cointaker to send me the AIQ premium I ordered way back when and was told it was ready to ship to me from them on September 3rd. Here I am on the 22nd and the machine has still not left their warehouse with only "It'll ship tomorrow" every time I ask.

Sounds like they over sold and are hoping stern builds you one soon. That sucks. Sorry man.

#12259 2 years ago

My ramp seems to be slightly off centre, it's now very tight/catching slightly on the left side in the closed position and you can see much bigger gap on the right.
I haven't looked at it yet but any advice on tweaking it appreciated.

#12260 2 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Ok, that is sick. How did you do it? Go over the original Stern art with UV paint? Was it a paint pen or something else? Is the color “clear” when there is no black light shining on it or?

Thanks! It was a uv paint pen and a uv flashlight, because it’s impossible to see without uv light. The effect is seamless with the original table art.

I’m debating doing more uv art on some of the plastics, the main projector screen, and the inside/underside of the glass too, but it does show up a little on glass. I think if I’m strategic about placement, it could be really cool.

#12261 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Thanks! It was a uv paint pen and a uv flashlight, because it’s impossible to see without uv light. The effect is seamless with the original table art.
I’m debating doing more uv art on some of the plastics, the main projector screen, and the inside/underside of the glass too, but it does show up a little on glass. I think if I’m strategic about placement, it could be really cool.

Awesome, thanks for sharing! Glass would be cool but maybe in the corners, like some of those older games that had decals on the glass. Did you freehand the flippers, or are those decals that you went over in UV?

#12262 2 years ago

That UV art looks bad ass.

No chance would I attempt that. I have zero artistic ability.

Will the ink/pen eventually wear off the sides or is it there forever? Also, can you see it with the lights off? Perhaps my wife can give it a go.

Well done!!

#12263 2 years ago

So cleaned up PF a little last night, put in new balls, and changed flipper bands to titan competition. I then proceeded to get the ball in demogorgon's mouth 4 times over the course of about 3 games.

Before that, I got 5 shots in within the first few days of owning the machine, but then zero until I did the above.

#12264 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

So cleaned up PF a little last night, put in new balls, and changed flipper bands to titan competition. I then proceeded to get the ball in demogorgon's mouth 4 times over the course of about 3 games.
Before that, I got 5 shots in within the first few days of owning the machine, but then zero until I did the above.

I suggest adjusting your demogorgon. Plenty of info in this thread to get it fixed.

#12265 2 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

I bought from Melissa at Cointaker. She told me she had 6 or 7 Pros two weeks ago. I would guess she still has some. Mine was born in February which makes me assume they've had them for a while. If you order from Cointaker please tell Melissa you were referred by Del Ray .
The UV kit came from Zach at Flip N Out. I think he may still have more as well.
Good luck all!

Checked with Melissa this morning. No more Stranger Things in stock. Rats.

#12266 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Sorry, I figured they'd probably go fast once word got out. I was surprised when I found out they still had so many.

Sorry to everyone who PM'd me. I just saw them all today. I guess I should have just kept it a secret haha!

#12267 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

My ramp seems to be slightly off centre, it's now very tight/catching slightly on the left side in the closed position and you can see much bigger gap on the right.
I haven't looked at it yet but any advice on tweaking it appreciated.

You may have to remove some plastics but the fixed sides of the ramp billboard thing can be adjusted a little. There are 2 mount points per side to the main ramp base that you can loosen and adjust a little. It's not much but you should be able to get it not to catch. If it's out of the adjustment capabilities of the current holes you could always enlarge the holes in the ramp sides to give more adjustment.
mount (resized).pngmount (resized).png

#12268 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like they over sold and are hoping stern builds you one soon. That sucks. Sorry man.

Hard to say. I've been told I'll have a tracking number today. We'll see. Definitely frustrating but Cointaker has had some health issues recently which have affected things.

#12269 2 years ago

league finals last night, I qualified 6th overall for the season and then took a 2nd on Jurassic Park and a 3rd on Mando in the semis. then someone who obviously didn't see me play two half billion point warm up games on it chose ST for game three. i think the closest person to me was still down by 200 million when we finished

then took a 3rd on JP, a 4th on Mystic and a 3rd on BK to force a playoff on Mars which I won by 4 million points, to take 3rd overall. pinball ftw

#12270 2 years ago

Anyone looking for a topper, I see they have one in stock at PBL.

Checked with Zach, he is out of Pro UV kits.

#12271 2 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Anyone looking for a topper, I see they have one in stock at PBL.
Checked with Zach, he is out of Pro UV kits.

Get any UV kit you can. You can put a premium kit in a Pro. It’s preferable TBH.

#12272 2 years ago

Finally showed my pinball collection to my cousins. They were very impressed with Stranger Things over any other game I had especially when the Demogorgon showed up. After killing it my cousin was still shaking for a few minutes, like it was too much for him to take or something.
Awesome.

#12273 2 years ago

Hey, so has anyone noticed the the projector gets blurrier after it has warmed up ~30-60 minutes or so?

Like, every time I turn on my Stranger Things and I play I game, I'm like "Damn, I don't remember the images being this sharp"... to the point where I took some video.

Difference is pretty noticeable between the two imagines - 1st being fresh on, 2nd being on a few hours.

I'm guessing it has something to do with parts getting hot and expanding? I figured I'd post here and see if there were any ideas on a solution, but I'm guessing it's just one of those things. At first I thought maybe the lens is fogging, but I would assume that should dissipate after a few minutes.

20210923_104626 (resized).jpg20210923_104626 (resized).jpg20210923_144045 (resized).jpg20210923_144045 (resized).jpg

#12274 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Hey, so has anyone noticed the the projector gets blurrier after it has warmed up ~30-60 minutes or so?
Like, every time I turn on my Stranger Things and I play I game, I'm like "Damn, I don't remember the images being this sharp"... to the point where I took some video. Definitely a noticeable difference between freshly turned on and warmed up an hour or more.
Difference is pretty noticeable.
I'm guessing it has something to do with parts getting hot and expanding? I figured I'd post here and see if there were any ideas on a solution, but I'm guessing it's just one of those things.[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't own it, but I think I saw in a video that you should turn the game on, let it warm up, then do your adjustments. Perhaps yours was adjusted before the projector was warm, so it looks good initially, but bad once warmed up.

#12275 2 years ago

I don't own it, but I think I saw in a video that you should turn the game on, let it warm up, then do your adjustments. Perhaps yours was adjusted before the projector was warm, so it looks good initially, but bad once warmed up.

Damn... why didn't I think of that And that's why I love this community. Thanks!

#12276 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Like, every time I turn on my Stranger Things and I play I game, I'm like "Damn, I don't remember the images being this sharp"... to the point where I took some video.
Difference is pretty noticeable between the two imagines - 1st being fresh on, 2nd being on a few hours.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes but I just thought it was the double IPAs!

#12277 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Yes. Takes that long to warm up. Once warmed up, then dial in the focus. Then when you turn the game on, it will be blurry until it’s warmed up. Then should be crisp.

#12278 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Takes that long to warm up. Once warmed up, then dial in the focus. Then when you turn the game on, it will be blurry until it’s warmed up. Then should be crisp.

My man. Thank you for all of the work you've put in towards this fine game. I've read through a lot of your tweaks and you are a benefit to this community. If you're ever in Michigan, and if we ever get through this plague, I'll buy you a beer. Well hey, if you're going to pinball expo next month, maybe I'll see ya there! Sneak in a bourbon for ya

#12279 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

My man. Thank you for all of the work you've put in towards this fine game. I've read through a lot of your tweaks and you are a benefit to this community. If you're ever in Michigan, and if we ever get through this plague, I'll buy you a beer. Well hey, if you're going to pinball expo next month, maybe I'll see ya there! Sneak in a bourbon for ya

Very kind! Unfortunately no expo for me. Rain check!

#12280 2 years ago

I was just cleaning my machine and I noticed some strange things around the inserts that seem to be under the clearcoat. Anyone seen anything like this before? Seems to be on the edges of the inserts. You don't see it when the game is on but it's clear when the game is off. It almost looks like the inserts are pulling away from the clear? I feel nothing on top of the playfield. Is there anything I can do about this?

IMG_20210923_222041770_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_222041770_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_222051798_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_222051798_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_222103094_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_222103094_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_222130800_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_222130800_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_222205335 (resized).jpgIMG_20210923_222205335 (resized).jpg
#12281 2 years ago

Can you feel that stuff? That sucks.

#12282 2 years ago

I don't feel anything when I run my finger over it. Seems like it's under the clear coat. I'll send the pics to Pablo and see what he says

#12283 2 years ago

I don't feel anything when I run my finger over it. Seems like it's under the clear coat. I'll send the pics to Pablo and see what he says

Bummer. But at least it’s underneath. I bet they will just want you to keep pics and let them know if it gets worse.

#12284 2 years ago

It looks like some fairly minor ghosting. Hopefully it won’t spread to the rest of the insert. It’s not terrible IMO.

#12285 2 years ago

I was just cleaning my machine and I noticed some strange things around the inserts that seem to be under the clearcoat. Anyone seen anything like this before? Seems to be on the edges of the inserts. You don't see it when the game is on but it's clear when the game is off. It almost looks like the inserts are pulling away from the clear? I feel nothing on top of the playfield. Is there anything I can do about this?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am guessing that is the glue that is used to attach the inserts to the playfield. I can see it on mine also if I shine a flashlight at the right angle, though not quite as much as yours. Some of my other machines have minor signs of it too, but again you have to be really looking for it and hitting it with a light. My guess is Stern will say it's normal, but it's worth asking about at least. Someone might have been a little more whippy with the glue machine the day they were making yours.

#12286 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I am guessing that is the glue that is used to attach the inserts to the playfield. I can see it on mine also if I shine a flashlight at the right angle, though not quite as much as yours. Some of my other machines have minor signs of it too, but again you have to be really looking for it and hitting it with a light. My guess is Stern will say it's normal, but it's worth asking about at least. Someone might have been a little more whippy with the glue machine the day they were making yours.

could be. I emailed Pablo and will see what he says. Mine definitely seems to be getting worse and you can clearly see it from a distance. It first started on the final showdown insert a while back and I didn't really think much of it. Just a tiny hint of what looked like a scratch or something on the upper left side. Last night when I was cleaning though I noticed it was now on more than half the inserts and it's getting worse on the main one. I think the black on the playfield is amplifying it but if you look in the upper left corner of the final showdown insert there is a bubble forming into the main area of the insert. The machine is so far out of warranty at this point I doubt they will do anything. I love the game so maybe somewhere down the line I'll buy a replacement playfield for it.

#12287 2 years ago

could be. I emailed Pablo and will see what he says. Mine definitely seems to be getting worse and you can clearly see it from a distance. It first started on the final showdown insert a while back and I didn't really think much of it. Just a tiny hint of what looked like a scratch or something on the upper left side. Last night when I was cleaning though I noticed it was now on more than half the inserts and it's getting worse on the main one. I think the black on the playfield is amplifying it but if you look in the upper left corner of the final showdown insert there is a bubble forming into the main area of the insert. The machine is so far out of warranty at this point I doubt they will do anything. I love the game so maybe somewhere down the line I'll buy a replacement playfield for it.

That's a bummer. Again just guessing here, but I would say a crappy glue job is leading to ghosting, which can spread over time. That used to be more of a common problem, even back in the WPC days, and Stern had a rash of it around the Star Trek/Ghostbusters timeframe. Haven't heard of it much lately though. Hope they take care of you. I will say, being outside of warranty period has never stopped Stern from helping me out when I have had issues. Now whether or not they consider this to be a replacement worthy issue, I'm not sure. I know they have cracked down on that some in the last couple years, but they are usually pretty good about replacing true defects. Hope they can help you out!

#12288 2 years ago

I just posted a nice Pro for sale in the marketplace if interested get back to me thanks

#12289 2 years ago

Anyone know a dealer that still has spots left for the last pro run expected in December? All the ones I checked don’t have spots left.

#12290 2 years ago

You may have to remove some plastics but the fixed sides of the ramp billboard thing can be adjusted a little. There are 2 mount points per side to the main ramp base that you can loosen and adjust a little. It's not much but you should be able to get it not to catch. If it's out of the adjustment capabilities of the current holes you could always enlarge the holes in the ramp sides to give more adjustment.
[quoted image]

Thankyou. Very useful. I’ll have a look in the next week

#12291 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's a bummer. Again just guessing here, but I would say a crappy glue job is leading to ghosting, which can spread over time. That used to be more of a common problem, even back in the WPC days, and Stern had a rash of it around the Star Trek/Ghostbusters timeframe. Haven't heard of it much lately though. Hope they take care of you. I will say, being outside of warranty period has never stopped Stern from helping me out when I have had issues. Now whether or not they consider this to be a replacement worthy issue, I'm not sure. I know they have cracked down on that some in the last couple years, but they are usually pretty good about replacing true defects. Hope they can help you out!

I am in shock at this but the Stern quality team took a look at the pictures I sent, determined that this is a defective playfield and they are sending me a replacement unpopulated playfield when the next run of pros are done in late nov-dec. Honestly I have only had amazing service from them. Pablo and the entire quality and support teams over there are awesome. A bit speachless to be honest. I was not expecting that

#12293 2 years ago

I am in shock at this but the Stern quality team took a look at the pictures I sent, determined that this is a defective playfield and they are sending me a replacement unpopulated playfield when the next run of pros are done in late nov-dec. Honestly I have only had amazing service from them. Pablo and the entire quality and support teams over there are awesome. A bit speachless to be honest. I was not expecting that

that rules

my game will be here on the 4th

#12294 2 years ago

Has anyone received a Topper from Cointaker recently? I ordered and paid for one and haven't heard about it

#12295 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone received a Topper from Cointaker recently? I ordered and paid for one and haven't heard about it

I have been waiting since July for a topper from them.

#12296 2 years ago

I just ordered a topper from Pinball Life last night and it shipped today.

#12297 2 years ago

For future reference. Don’t order stuff until it’s in stock. Especially now a days. If you miss out so be it. At least your money won’t be held hostage for months and months and months.

#12298 2 years ago

I was thinking about changing the two rubber posts out under the main screen to colored post rubbers. However, if it’s too much hassle, I’m not gonna do it. Any thought on that?

#12300 2 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

I just ordered a topper from Pinball Life last night and it shipped today.

Well that sucks. I might ask for a refund from Cointaker and buy a Pinball Life one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 22,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/246 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.