IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 448.
#12201 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

My son hates it but he's gotta learn how to deal with those bad balls and come back.

Good on you brotha.

#12202 2 years ago

Easily won the match and got the knockout bounty for that round. Man I was sweating it though

This is why competitive pinball is so great. A game like that is totally forgotten if playing alone.

BTW Bounty tournaments are super fun. Even though I only came in 6th I still walked home with 100 in bounties.

I need to institute these. Can you let me know how these work? Feel free to PM.

#12203 2 years ago

My wife and son contributed to the 500. Was mostly me though lol

#12204 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:Feel like I'm beating the hell out or my machine. Have had it less than a week and I'm pushing close to 500 plays

Jake is my hero! I hate it when people advertise three year old HUO games with like 200 plays. Pinball is meant to be PLAYED, not looked at!

#12205 2 years ago

What SD card do you guys buy to use for new code, etc? Any good recommendations aporeciated.

#12206 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What SD card do you guys buy to use for new code, etc? Any good recommendations aporeciated.

Class 10.

#12207 2 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Jake is my hero! I hate it when people advertise three year old HUO games with like 200 plays. Pinball is meant to be PLAYED, not looked at!

I don't get it. Thought maybe people just have so many to play that they switch it up a lot, or just too afraid to play

#12208 2 years ago

I had a player in a tournament report that he started multiball right when the upside down started, and that he was in the upside down for way longer than it should have been. Has anybody seen this or a similar bug?

#12209 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I had a player in a tournament report that he started multiball right when the upside down started, and that he was in the upside down for way longer than it should have been. Has anybody seen this or a similar bug?

I do this all the time. Timer isn’t longer there is just a bunch of animations that occur like jackpots that pause the upside down hurry up countdown.

#12210 2 years ago

Just when I was about to join this club, I'm out. I was in on the November build but changed over to a Godzilla.

Have fun guys

#12211 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I did this my second game after installing the uv kit a couple weeks ago and it was awesome! UV was already brand new to me but landing TK and UD at same time turned it into ‘blacklight multiball’ that lasted a while and it truly felt like a completely different game, I stopped grinning like an hour later(;

#12212 2 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I picked up a Stranger Things LE a week and a half ago with <170 plays on it. The seller said he had it NIB, then sold to someone who put ~80 plays on it before buying it back from them and putting about another ~80 plays on it.

We've put over 250 on it since then, between me, my wife and our kids. I don't understand having these things and not using them. Then again this seller had two other games set up in his garage along with 7 more NIB games (some LE) and he said the bulk of his collection was in his basement. Maybe when you have that many you tend to spread it around more?

#12213 2 years ago

My prem has 100+ plays on it - not because I stare at it, just time constraints and add multiple other pins, and working on pins when I do have free time instead of playing, that equals low plays. I'm not complaining, keeps the games fresh and makes me happy. I enjoy them regardless.

Also feels like 85 of those plays were TK and Demo troubleshooting, kinda slows the number down.

#12214 2 years ago

I think I’m to around 2600-2700. About 400 of that is from Pinbrew.

#12215 2 years ago

Hey guys check out our Purple Color Guard Protector Set. Available through my site
ColorGuardProtectors.com

0711211547 (resized).jpg0711211547 (resized).jpg
#12216 2 years ago

“Not to be a dick or nothing, but…” (borrowing a phrase from Idiocracy)

I kinda hate colored plastic protectors. I reluctantly bought some light blue ones for my ST, but only because I couldn’t find clear. Purple makes the characters look so very…purple.

#12217 2 years ago

Nice my Topper just showed up! Took 6 months, how time flies

#12218 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I kinda hate colored plastic protectors. I reluctantly bought some light blue ones for my ST, but only because I couldn’t find clear. Purple makes the characters look so very…purple.

Agreed, but green ones really make TNA pop when they light up.

#12219 2 years ago

Has anyone had the issue where the ramp doesn’t come up after the demogrogon mode?

My game has been acting up and I was hoping for some advice before I lift the lid.
Thanks.

#12220 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

My game has been acting up and I was hoping for some advice before I lift the lid.

start with the ramp test in the diagnostics

#12221 2 years ago

Maybe check the home/end stop switches to make sure the game knows where the ramp is?

#12222 2 years ago

Uploaded my 4th pinball tutorial today - hope you like it.

This time... Stranger Things Pinball | Tutorial (english) incl. Final Showdown

*Tutorial*
In depth info at start – to jump directly into the game click... 50:17! | Please use the chapters to navigate in the video...

*Chapters*
00:00 Introduction
02:05 Layout
11:00 Basics (Rules)
50:17 The Game - Start
1:14:02 The Game - Total Isolation
1:22:33 The Game - Can't Stop This
1:30:30 The Game - Total Isolation 2
1:38:30 The Game - Send It Back
1:48:23 The Game - Light The Fire
1:52:00 The Game - Final Showdown
2:00:14 Summary
2:02:14 Stranger Things in 1 min

#12223 2 years ago

Looks like you got the final showdown bug too and it killed your ball and didn’t go to snowball dance. Bummer!

I really hope they find time to fix that.

#12224 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like you got the final showdown bug too and it killed your ball and didn’t go to snowball dance. Bummer!
I really hope they find time to fix that.

Maybe they will fix that when they do the connected update, hopefully they put the tops tournament mode back in as well.

#12225 2 years ago

Someone asked me yesterday what my grail pin is, and it’s this game.

For me, the combination of layout, projector, uv kit, central bash toy with mouth skill shot, easy to shoot modes, music and theme, and general challenge all just click perfectly. Locking all 3 balls on the wall (super consistently now with the free ramp cover replacement I got from Stern) is the most satisfying ball lock mechanism in all of pinball.

I’ve done some mods myself, like drawing all new UV ink art on the art blades, flippers, and few other accessories. Super hard to get proper pictures of.

Also added a mirror above the pops, because I just love watching pops go off, haha. It’s one of the many simple joys in pinball.

02F7CEDF-5F44-4AFF-AD0D-135319D15FC3 (resized).jpeg02F7CEDF-5F44-4AFF-AD0D-135319D15FC3 (resized).jpeg41234AE6-5251-4E87-BB24-B06160B66636 (resized).jpeg41234AE6-5251-4E87-BB24-B06160B66636 (resized).jpeg8E28B503-5C90-4FF5-A9CA-0EF1CFEBF8E7 (resized).jpeg8E28B503-5C90-4FF5-A9CA-0EF1CFEBF8E7 (resized).jpegC3258235-F09F-431F-8988-4620D1B8FFB2 (resized).jpegC3258235-F09F-431F-8988-4620D1B8FFB2 (resized).jpegCAEE6E6B-C026-4890-88DB-F594C04A9328 (resized).jpegCAEE6E6B-C026-4890-88DB-F594C04A9328 (resized).jpeg
#12226 2 years ago

I also wanted to ask the experts here about a light that seems to be stuck ON but only very faintly.

The binocular light still works totally fine, but it would be nice if it shut off completely when it’s supposed to.

Thanks in advance for any help. I’ve been blown away by how helpful this community is! I’d love to contribute to that by answering any questions about my own mods.

D09D39D6-73C2-459C-8A8E-3DB3A977EBA9 (resized).jpegD09D39D6-73C2-459C-8A8E-3DB3A977EBA9 (resized).jpeg
#12227 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I picked up a Stranger Things LE a week and a half ago with <170 plays on it. The seller said he had it NIB, then sold to someone who put ~80 plays on it before buying it back from them and putting about another ~80 plays on it.
We've put over 250 on it since then, between me, my wife and our kids. I don't understand having these things and not using them. Then again this seller had two other games set up in his garage along with 7 more NIB games (some LE) and he said the bulk of his collection was in his basement. Maybe when you have that many you tend to spread it around more?

I have had similar thoughts seeing people selling JP premiums with 46 plays on marketplace?! I bought an AIQ with so few plays that I was suspicious actually. Guess some get on distro lists and buy games they don't really want in order to flip them later?

#12228 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Someone asked me yesterday what my grail pin is, and it’s this game.
For me, the combination of layout, projector, uv kit, central bash toy with mouth skill shot, easy to shoot modes, music and theme, and general challenge all just click perfectly. Locking all 3 balls on the wall (super consistently now with the free ramp cover replacement I got from Stern) is the most satisfying ball lock mechanism in all of pinball.
I’ve done some mods myself, like drawing all new UV ink art on the art blades, flippers, and few other accessories. Super hard to get proper pictures of.
Also added a mirror above the pops, because I just love watching pops go off, haha. It’s one of the many simple joys in pinball.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing work with the UV paint! Wow!

#12229 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Maybe check the home/end stop switches to make sure the game knows where the ramp is?

Yes under PF at the ramp mech there is a switch that tells the game if ramp is up or down. Mine needing adjusting. If you go into my key post about demogorgan not registering hits there are photos of the switch. Could be a different issue but worth trying.

#12230 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Locking all 3 balls on the wall (super consistently now with the free ramp cover replacement I got from Stern) is the most satisfying ball lock mechanism in all of pinball.

I would like to know more about this - I find I only stick on the wall if I hit the shot perfect and send it up the ramp really hard

#12231 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I would like to know more about this - I find I only stick on the wall if I hit the shot perfect and send it up the ramp really hard

Key posts at the top of the thread are your friend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#12232 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

No offense taken. If you want clear for ST let me know.

#12233 2 years ago

Just spent the last 2 weeks reading this thread top to bottom in anticipation of my NIB LE shipping this coming Friday I restored an F-14 Tomcat during Covid and enjoyed it so much that I got a job after running a consulting firm of my own for 7 years, so that I can buy pins. Can't wait, the family is stoked!

Shooter, Topper, UV Kit and Cliffys are all sitting there, just itching to be installed. My first NIB!

Am I going to need to replace the rubbers? This thing has been sitting in a crate for 2 years...

#12234 2 years ago

Has anyone received a Pre/LE UV kit recently?

Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Just spent the last 2 weeks reading this thread top to bottom in anticipation of my NIB LE shipping this coming Friday I restored an F-14 Tomcat during Covid and enjoyed it so much that I got a job after running a consulting firm of my own for 7 years, so that I can buy pins. Can't wait, the family is stoked!
Shooter, Topper, UV Kit and Cliffys are all sitting there, just itching to be installed. My first NIB!
Am I going to need to replace the rubbers? This thing has been sitting in a crate for 2 years...

It's funny how many people have the accessories and don't yet have the game, while others have the game and waiting (impatiently) for the accessories. I ordered the topper and UV kit in May. Someday...

#12235 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Has anyone received a Pre/LE UV kit recently?

It's funny how many people have the accessories and don't yet have the game, while others have the game and waiting (impatiently) for the accessories. I ordered the topper and UV kit in May. Someday...

I got incredibly lucky and found a tiny distributor in Washington State that had one shooter, one Pro UV kit and one Prem UV kit left. Then I went on cointaker and saw two toppers in inventory, woke up the next day and saw 1, so immediately plunked down the money. I have no interest in flipping this stuff, I want all the bells and whistles

another question: am I going to fuck up the apron decals if i try to transfer the signed one to the UV one?

#12236 2 years ago

make sure to update the code

#12237 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

make sure to update the code

already downloaded it to my PC last night I'm such a dork

3.5 gigs seems like a lot!

#12238 2 years ago

I got incredibly lucky and found a tiny distributor in Washington State that had one shooter, one Pro UV kit and one Prem UV kit left. Then I went on cointaker and saw two toppers in inventory, woke up the next day and saw 1, so immediately plunked down the money. I have no interest in flipping this stuff, I want all the bells and whistles
another question: am I going to fuck up the apron decals if i try to transfer the signed one to the UV one?

No. They aren’t decals. They are plastic inserts.

#12239 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. They aren’t decals. They are plastic inserts.

#12240 2 years ago

I tried doing that, it doesn't fit, unless someone has a way around it. The LE signed plastic does not fit in the same space as the UV plastic piece. The UV one has this wire that comes out and takes up room thus you need to shave like a few mms off the signed one.
Please prove me wrong.

#12241 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I tried doing that, it doesn't fit, unless someone has a way around it. The LE signed plastic does not fit in the same space as the UV plastic piece. The UV one has this wire that comes out and takes up room thus you need to shave like a few mms off the signed one.
Please prove me wrong.

Not sure I understand. The premium UV kit has the exact same apron as the LE.

Take the signed insert off the LE stock apron and put it on the UV kit apron. Easy peasy. That’s what I did on mine.

#12242 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure I understand. The premium UV kit has the exact same apron as the LE.
Take the signed insert off the LE stock apron and put it on the UV kit apron. Easy peasy. That’s what I did on mine.

Weird mine wouldn’t fit . I tried the uv le apron insert has a cut in it to fit it right . Guess I’ll have to look at it again

#12243 2 years ago

Pretty glad i put all that work into restoring that POS F- 14. Some of the early posts in this thread about the TK lock had me pretty worried but after breathing life back in to that shambling thing I feel pretty confident that I can adjust that lock and the demo if need be. Besides, sounds like the new ramp cover pretty much solves the problem...

#12244 2 years ago

Pretty glad i put all that work into restoring that POS F- 14. Some of the early posts in this thread about the TK lock had me pretty worried but after breathing life back in to that shambling thing I feel pretty confident that I can adjust that lock and the demo if need be. Besides, sounds like the new ramp cover pretty much solves the problem...

I also restored a beat up import F-14 last year and just sold it back in December. This machine is much easier to work on and now that the kinks are well known it's not as much trial and error. Won't be a problem. Early on before the solutions were well known it was quite frustrating even with just the pro. Get the tk lock plastic fix and be prepared to adjust the demo and you'll be golden.

#12245 2 years ago

I also restored a beat up import F-14 last year and just sold it back in December. This machine is much easier to work on and now that the kinks are well known it's not as much trial and error. Won't be a problem. Early on before the solutions were well known it was quite frustrating even with just the pro. Get the tk lock plastic fix and be prepared to adjust the demo and you'll be golden.

It was a valuable learning experience, but I never want to work that hard on a machine again. Here's everything I did:

rebuilding all 4 flippers
replacing the switch on the Yakov kicker
replacing the left center pocket coil bracket
replacing the left center pocket retaining gate wire
replacing all the incandescent bulbs with LEDs
sending the boards to Missouri for a $300 repair/bulletproofing including installing NVRAM
replacing all the plastics and star posts with NOS
replacing all the rubbers
replacing the Yagov, light lock and spinner stickers
fixing a damaged piece of playfield wood on the right outlane
replacing the rollthrough sensor on the left side lock habitrail
soldering a standup target and an LED back in to place
repairing the pulley system that drives the gumballs on the topper
generally unfucking lots of "field repairs" including stripped screw holes that'd been patched with toothpicks
tightening/locking down all the posts on what has been a very hard routed machine- now it gets to relax as a HUO
dipping the legs in CLR and scrubbing them to new
stripping the paint from the left side and front of the cab, sanding, primering, painting stenciling

172110828_4476061479089122_4776174431214538631_n (resized).jpg172110828_4476061479089122_4776174431214538631_n (resized).jpg172675857_4483338968361373_4885832718675565938_n (resized).jpg172675857_4483338968361373_4885832718675565938_n (resized).jpg
#12247 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow! Great work!!

Thanks, was in no way fishing for compliments

also if anyone needs a right side stencil set for F 14 from Pinball Pimp, I didn't use 'em pretty sure this game was up against a pizza oven or a window. the right side was basically pristine, compared to the left side.

EDIT: you want to know what the biggest pain in the ass of the whole thing was? And no, it wasn't the excruciating four color stencil process or undoing literally every bulb harness since mine is an early production run and doesn't have light boards- it was drilling the rivets out of the existing plastics to reuse with the new ones. If someone isn't 3d printing replacement metal-riveted-to-playfield-plastics parts there's a business there I think

#12248 2 years ago

Just joined the Stranger Things club this week with a Pro!
Curious about everyone waiting for the next run. I was able to find a distro with 6 or 7 in stock and I think they still have several.
I was also able to find a different distro with the UV kit in stock. Took about an hour to install but well worth it!
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say which distros (not sure why I wouldn't be allowed) but if you want a referral send me a quick PM!

Quick question to the group. Which mods are your favorite? I've got my eye on better back glass art and the 'arcade' sign.

#12249 2 years ago
Quoted from Kronnix:

Quick question to the group. Which mods are your favorite? I've got my eye on better back glass art and the 'arcade' sign.

i honestly really like the little road signs that say welcome to and leaving hawkins and the 'speed limit 11' one is cute but not for me

#12250 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I also wanted to ask the experts here about a light that seems to be stuck ON but only very faintly.
The binocular light still works totally fine, but it would be nice if it shut off completely when it’s supposed to.
Thanks in advance for any help. I’ve been blown away by how helpful this community is! I’d love to contribute to that by answering any questions about my own mods.[quoted image]

I had a similar issue with the left 'D' and 2X LED's. They were always semi-lit when they should have been off, both were connected to the same LED board so my distro sent a replacement lower left LED board today which resolved the issue.
IMG_20210829_161800281 (resized).jpgIMG_20210829_161800281 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lutherville-timonium, MD
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/245 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.