IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 449.
#12151 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine is middle of the left and early on the right. 1 out of 20 is terrible IMO. That is 1 out of 20 on a dead center shot? If that’s the case, I would definitely adjust. You’re leaving massive fun on the table if not. You cannot get deep into the demogorgon multiballs if you’re only making it 1 out of 20.

mines nearly identical to this. maybe a bit farther on the left but really early on the right

#12152 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

mines nearly identical to this. maybe a bit farther on the left but really early on the right

The pro local to me that has a pretty consistent demo shot too is the same spots on the flippers. His is harder than mine, but more than makable.

#12153 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine is middle of the left and early on the right. 1 out of 20 is terrible IMO. That is 1 out of 20 on a dead center shot? If that’s the case, I would definitely adjust. You’re leaving massive fun on the table if not. You cannot get deep into the demogorgon multiballs if you’re only making it 1 out of 20.

What’s crazy is I’m in here in my game glass off now shooting a slo mo video as a good start to see if I need to adjust or not. From a stand still shot, I’m killing the left flipper. I hit like 3 in a row!(from the left flipper)
Again shooting from a cradle position, and letting the ball roll a little past mid way I’m nailing it.
I was like hmmmm. Tried from right flipper (cradle position) and found about mid way I’m hitting it pretty often as well. Not quiet as much. Talk about Stranger things indeed.
I guess during gameplay I’ve shot more rolling shots out of excitement? Not sure. Maybe the previous owner adjusted it already. Are the spacers visible with the ramp down? It looks like they are in there. Also added a pic from side view of DG. It looks like nothing has been taken out.
I may leave it how it is though, if I’m this consistent from a cradled controlled shot. If I adjust I wonder if I can keep making it from the left, and more often from right. Right now if I’m accurate it seems I’m hitting left 10/10 and right 5/10 maybe leave it alone,eh?
82512E0B-364D-4745-B0FF-0262D3149EFA (resized).jpeg82512E0B-364D-4745-B0FF-0262D3149EFA (resized).jpegC0A2D9FD-6221-442D-87CC-A6FB05468961 (resized).jpegC0A2D9FD-6221-442D-87CC-A6FB05468961 (resized).jpeg

#12154 2 years ago

That's how mine works. Cradle up and I can make it most the time. I'm always curious if I could make it more reliable but I haven't played one easier than mine so I think it's the way it is supposed to be.

#12155 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

What’s crazy is I’m in here in my game glass off now shooting a slo mo video as a good start to see if I need to adjust or not. From a stand still shot, I’m killing the left flipper. I hit like 3 in a row!(from the left flipper)
Again shooting from a cradle position, and letting the ball roll a little past mid way I’m nailing it.
I was like hmmmm. Tried from right flipper (cradle position) and found about mid way I’m hitting it pretty often as well. Talk about Stranger things indeed.
I guess during gameplay I’ve shot more rolling shots out of excitement? Not sure. Maybe the previous owner adjusted it already. Are the spacers visible with the ramp down? It looks like they are in there. Also added a pic from side view of DG. It looks like nothing has been taken out.
I may leave it how it is though, if I’m this consistent from a cradled controlled shot.[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are not spacers. Those are the washers that allow the demo to sway. Those screws can be tightened or loosened to allow the demo to jiggle more or less when hit.

The spacers are above the gold washers in your first picture.

#12156 2 years ago

Anyone know if this bug has been reported:

Was watching a youtube VOD. Current code. Player had his 4th mode running (right before Total Isolation 1) and started What's That DG mode. During this stack the 4th mode was completed. The game then allowed him to start Total Isolation 1 while still in What's That and at that point the DG would not register hits. Ramp stayed down, etc. He couldn't complete What's That till Total Isolation 1 ended. Couldn't shoot the middle shot as the ramp was blocking.

#12157 2 years ago

Not a bug just an annoying stack. My guess is they didn’t complete all three demogorgons required to complete what’s that. That’s 15 bashes or 3 mouth shots.

I’ve had this stack and have completed what’s that and continued on with TI.

Problem is that the TI sounds override the what’s that sounds so it seems no hits are registering but they are.

#12158 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a bug just an annoying stack. My guess is they didn’t complete all three demogorgons required to complete what’s that. That’s 15 bashes or 3 mouth shots.
I’ve had this stack and have completed what’s that and continued on with TI.
Problem is that the TI sounds override the what’s that sounds so it seems no hits are registering but they are.

Ah, good to know. Yeah TI takes over. It never flashed to a quick shot of the DG healthbar. Maybe that would be a good code tweak, so the player knows they are making progress.

#12159 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Ah, good to know. Yeah TI takes over. It never flashed to a quick shot of the DG healthbar. Maybe that would be a good code tweak, so the player knows they are making progress.

I think it does the kill animations, but that’s it. Totally agree there needs to be something to help the player know they aren’t in some sort of jail.

#12160 2 years ago

Just got an email from UPS that something is shipping to me from cointaker. Both the UV kit and topper have been ordered for months. It's 10.5 pounds, so sounds like maybe the topper. It'll be exciting to finally receive at least one of them!

#12161 2 years ago

So I take it you have to take that whole metal ramp up in the corner to replace that rubber back there? I just cut the shit out of my finger in the bottom of the metal trying to slide that rubber off of there.

3D95BB3F-2B0E-43CD-BB47-083EAB3DA96D (resized).jpeg3D95BB3F-2B0E-43CD-BB47-083EAB3DA96D (resized).jpeg

#12162 2 years ago

I left mine. Most likely that will never need replaced and you never see it.

#12163 2 years ago

Yeah. That’s what I was thinking. I was actually trying to put it back on. Lol
That’s when I cut my finger.
Cool bud. Yeah..screw taking all that out.

#12164 2 years ago

It ain't yours until you bleed on it.

#12165 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It ain't yours until you bleed on it.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2a6d6ba1f9d73a9ee26c5647cf1ccd0dc38681bd-1631822125-1800"};
//]]>

Hahaha

Well I bled and have cussed it. I could t get the ring back on so pulled the ramp after all. Now I’ve stripped a screw in the metal ramp trying to get it back in. Backed it out again and of course it brought the post with it. Ugh! All this for some new rubbers. Hahah. That’s pinball. A seemingly 20 min project turns to 7hrs.

#12166 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hahaha
Well I bled and have cussed it. I could t get the ring back on so pulled the ramp after all. Now I’ve stripped a screw in the metal ramp trying to get it back in. Backed it out again and of course it brought the post with it. Ugh! All this for some new rubbers. Hahah. That’s pinball. A seemingly 20 min project turns to 7hrs.

You are gonna invent even more cusswords when you realize that the Titan purples look way better on this even in upsidedown, than the glow in the dark that only look good for those 10 seconds, so then you want to switch the ramp one again
(Pic by Countdemonet, I think he used pinballlife purple)

2b0e096a59935a3bd5fb2c3ec9356b54acc7a146 (resized).jpg2b0e096a59935a3bd5fb2c3ec9356b54acc7a146 (resized).jpg
#12167 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hahaha

I can 100% feel this post! LOL

Good luck!

#12168 2 years ago

Is everyone good with "Bullshit" mode being a mystery reward? Would it have been better to have it activated by sneaking the ball behind the drop targets like Indiana Jones' "you cheat, Dr. Jones" shot? I've only played the mode once--the first weekend I got the game.

#12169 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

have been better to have it activated by sneaking the ball

ahh I like this idea. alternative - weak enough shot around the left orbit and it stops and drops in the back right corner into the pops. i've always thought that shot should be rewarded

#12170 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Is everyone good with "Bullshit" mode being a mystery reward? Would it have been better to have it activated by sneaking the ball behind the drop targets like Indiana Jones' "you cheat, Dr. Jones" shot? I've only played the mode once--the first weekend I got the game.

I got it once and never realized it was a Mystery reward. Didn't care for it, though. A bit much.

#12171 2 years ago

Great mode but way too rare. Sad they never implemented dirty pool and the game is totally setup for it.

#12172 2 years ago

Isn't bs mode always the third mystery award when you are not in a multiball or mode? Kinda like a nod to strobe multiball in afm being the third one there.

That's the trick isn't it? you need to not be adding time or balls via mystery

I actually did manage a true afm style dirty pool not too long ago. Had a ball behind the drops and hit the drop and shot it back up into the demogorgon. Sad nothing happened.

#12173 2 years ago

In combo mode it’s the fourth one. Outside of that it’s random. But yes, the key to getting it is getting mystery awards when you’re not in any modes.

#12174 2 years ago

My other thought for activating it was if the machine is set to free play, have several flipper button presses activate it as just a funny, quick demo mode to show guests. Something like press left button 3 times, then right button 4 times and upon entering those presses correctly the bullshit callout is heard and a ball is auto plunged for you to goof around in a sort of mini-game.

#12175 2 years ago

I feel like dirty pool should be added and it would also be cool if you could shoot the ball into the saucer and then use the action button to fire it out into the drops for some sort of timed shot. Mini mode or side objective maybe? There's also no reason the pro should not get swipe a ball since the premium keeps track of failed physical locks and still awards swipes even if no balls are on the back panel.

#12176 2 years ago

The saucer hits the same drop every time.

#12177 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Yep I have only had it twice since getting my game in May. Shame as it’s a fun addition to the game. You wouldn’t want it every game but seems too infrequent currently

#12178 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I feel like dirty pool should be added and it would also be cool if you could shoot the ball into the saucer and then use the action button to fire it out into the drops for some sort of timed shot. Mini mode or side objective maybe? There's also no reason the pro should not get swipe a ball since the premium keeps track of failed physical locks and still awards swipes even if no balls are on the back panel.

I would def like to have seen X number of saucers awarding something or starting a saucer related mode

#12179 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In combo mode it’s the fourth one. Outside of that it’s random. But yes, the key to getting it is getting mystery awards when you’re not in any modes.

I knew there was a set path to get it other than random. It's not easy though and it feels like it is intended to be seen more by people that generally get farther in the game. I rarely see it before TI 1 but my mysteries are generally add times or add a balls.

#12180 2 years ago

Yeah. I get it often if I concentrate on mystery awards in single ball play. But if you’re just playing normal, it’s rare.

#12181 2 years ago

can anyone confirm that these will fit in Stranger things

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#12182 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

can anyone confirm that these will fit in Stranger things
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Yes, they will.

#12183 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bought mine in May, I’ll just be patient.

I bought mine in January from cointaker - still waiting also...

#12184 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Joined the club today! Picked up a HUO STh Prem with 400 plays.
First question - When turning the volume up to medium or louder the cabinet speaker buzzes like its blown out.
I removed and inspected the factory speaker to see if a screw fell inside and was rattling around but nothing there and nothing loose in the bottom of the cab. Also the voice coil feels fine and no scraping when gently moving the speaker cone.
I tested it while facing up and it sounds perfect, but still buzzes while sitting in the mounting spot. It seems the spacer around the edge is too thin and the edge of the speaker cone is hitting the bottom of the cab when mounted normally.
Is this common??? I have some thick weather stripping that I can use to make the ring around the speaker thicker for now. Any other thoughts?
(no wonder the previous owner traded it in, if they assumed that sound was normal)
[quoted image]

Late reply, but I installed these, which worked nicely: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019O46D12/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#12185 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

You are gonna invent even more cusswords when you realize that the Titan purples look way better on this even in upsidedown, than the glow in the dark that only look good for those 10 seconds, so then you want to switch the ramp one again
(Pic by Countdemonet, I think he used pinballlife purple)[quoted image]

I agree this does look sweet. I am really digging the glow though! UV kicks on is when they really shine, true, but even without UV lights they look cool enough since there is some green tones near the bottom of the playfield on the mountains, and around the rotting pumpkins. There’s also a nice glow green around the left inserts wrapped in Christmas lights. Plus I will be installing some fluorescent pink plastic protectors to build on the color scheme even more.
I do agree with ya though…That purple is nice!
Maybe next rubber change I’ll have to get em!

8A72A657-C0B7-45F6-BCD3-033B3F5A4EE3 (resized).jpeg8A72A657-C0B7-45F6-BCD3-033B3F5A4EE3 (resized).jpeg7B4B6312-0D14-429B-9711-A02FD530D197 (resized).jpeg7B4B6312-0D14-429B-9711-A02FD530D197 (resized).jpeg5EBE36F9-9CA5-4E5D-92B4-9E6E65B6C2F8 (resized).jpeg5EBE36F9-9CA5-4E5D-92B4-9E6E65B6C2F8 (resized).jpegB93144C6-E7DA-496D-8681-EAC333F00114 (resized).jpegB93144C6-E7DA-496D-8681-EAC333F00114 (resized).jpeg
#12186 2 years ago

If anyone is irritated by the reflection from the LCD screen on their prem/LE, I highly recommend the Glare Guard from Comet Pinball. It does a great job and install couldn't be simpler. I might end up putting them on all my pins since I play in a dim room.

16319185448668651943780703289831 (resized).jpg16319185448668651943780703289831 (resized).jpg
#12187 2 years ago

put a deposit on a Pro two weeks ago, and in before any price increases passed on by the dealer. Inquired about a Prem version, but the dealer said Stern's response was no more STh Prems scheduled to be made. Added a shaker, mirror blades, and topper to the package, and told it should be available for pick-up by mid-Oct (likely sooner)

good possibility I'll add a Pin Stadium NEO Fusion lighting kit on it, as I have a similar kit on my ST Prem and love it

this will be our first NiB purchase, and a good fit with the rest of our slowly growing collection. bummed a Prem wasn't available, but the only feature we both liked on the Prem was the mechanical 'shaking Demogorgon' behind the drop-down panel (the magnetic ball hold and projector were cool, but just ok kinda cool)

hope to be posting back with images of the new line-up late next month

#12188 2 years ago

Whoa, was just messing with the flippers looking for the DJ Mixer I saw someone mention, and found the secret Final Showdown Challenge game?!?! Unlimited instant multiball all focused on hitting the hardest ramp in the game??? Yes please!! I always thought you guys were talking about some wizard mode I would never make it to, not a menu mini game! Hahah

Stranger Things- pinball's best kept secret?

#12189 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Whoa, was just messing with the flippers looking for the DJ Mixer I saw someone mention, and found the secret Final Showdown Challenge game?!?! Unlimited instant multiball all focused on hitting the hardest ramp in the game??? Yes please!! I always thought you guys were talking about some wizard mode I would never make it to, not a menu mini game! Hahah

a lot of the new Sterns have this option, or some kind of mini game.

#12190 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

a lot of the new Sterns have this option, or some kind of mini game.

Good to know, thanks!

#12191 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Hang on, how do you activate this?

#12192 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hang on, how do you activate this?

Hold the flipper buttons in during attract mode.

This is the final wizard mode though. So if you don’t want to spoil it, don’t play the challenge.

#12193 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hold the flipper buttons in during attract mode.
This is the final wizard mode though. So if you don’t want to spoil it, don’t play the challenge.

I have been trying for 10 months to get to the final wizard mode. It’s so tempting to try the mini game but I just can’t do it.

#12194 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have been trying for 10 months to get to the final wizard mode. It’s so tempting to try the mini game but I just can’t do it.

It’s a really great mode and will be so much better if you make it there on your own. I would adjust settings to make it easier to get to the end before playing the challenge. It will still be rewarding to get there.

#12195 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a really great mode and will be so much better if you make it there on your own. I would adjust settings to make it easier to get to the end before playing the challenge. It will still be rewarding to get there.

My settings are adjusted pretty easy.

I have reached total isolation 2 a few times but that’s about it. I’m going to wait. It will definitely be worth it.

#12196 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My settings are adjusted pretty easy.
I have reached total isolation 2 a few times but that’s about it. I’m going to wait. It will definitely be worth it.

Another thing you can do is have EBs awarded for certain scoring thresholds. Might try that too.

#12197 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Another thing you can do is have EBs awarded for certain scoring thresholds. Might try that too.

Great idea!

#12198 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Feel like I'm beating the hell out or my machine. Have had it less than a week and I'm pushing close to 500 plays

Play better and game count drops…Just a tip.

#12199 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Play better and game count drops…Just a tip.

I heard if you drive cars in reverse the mileage comes off too.

#12200 2 years ago

500 games in a week is impressive. I play a lot but pretty sure I've never managed that in a week. I do enforce the no quit rule and turned off the reset game feature on all my games. My son hates it but he's gotta learn how to deal with those bad balls and come back.

It really helped me out recently in a tournament. I was playing on stranger things and this one played very different from mine and I was struggling to adjust. Not friendly out of the pops or mystery and the demo was only ok. I kept missing the skill shot and was struggling to get it under control. I had managed 2 locks for tk though and was setup well for ball 3. The guys I was playing against were only going for demogorgon which I nixed right off given the inconsistent hit rate. I was last in the group and had less than 10 million going into ball 3 and needed more than 60 million to win. Managed to short plunge to the left flipper, backhanded the left ramp starting the mode and tk. Easily won the match and got the knockout bounty for that round. Man I was sweating it though.

BTW Bounty tournaments are super fun. Even though I only came in 6th I still walked home with 100 in bounties.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/244?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.