IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 449.
#12101 2 years ago

Haha you guys are exactly hitting my scenario. My son also calls it the flower monster but one time getting into “Find Barb” we were like oh man, this might be kind of scary.

#12102 2 years ago

Just got mine last week. My 4 year old son loves it. He's already put up Close to 80 mil

#12103 2 years ago

Ok? So I’ve had this pin since release and my son 3, now 4yr has always called this monster the “flower monster”
So I’m not the only one? Lol

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Haha you guys are exactly hitting my scenario. My son also calls it the flower monster but one time getting into “Find Barb” we were like oh man, this might be kind of scary.

#12104 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Just got mine last week. My 4 year old son loves it. He's already put up Close to 80 mil

My 1.5 year old nephew loves it!

DDE565A4-0A1C-478F-B10B-7CDDE0E2F431 (resized).jpegDDE565A4-0A1C-478F-B10B-7CDDE0E2F431 (resized).jpeg
#12105 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

just installed this rotating arcade sign , motion sensitive with quarter hunt
Love it, hope it lasts long!
[quoted image]

Is that the Lermods or Mezel version?

#12106 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is that the Lermods or Mezel version?

custom made I think, some guy made 20 of them on facebook.

#12107 2 years ago

What are the extra pieces of plastic for that came with the pin? Are they spare parts, or am I supposed to attach them somewhere?

#12108 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

What are the extra pieces of plastic for that came with the pin? Are they spare parts, or am I supposed to attach them somewhere?

Spares and key fobs.

#12109 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would ping Jack. It was definitely a Deadflip thing.

I brought this up to Jack the other night in one of his streams and he didn't remember that UV kit unveiling, being a stream lol.

#12110 2 years ago

This is probably a dumb question but how do you get to the total isolation mode?

#12111 2 years ago

This is probably a dumb question but how do you get to the total isolation mode?

complete season 1 and season 2 modes at the orbits and ramps. 4 modes total. TI2 is at 8 modes total.

#12112 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

complete season 1 and season 2 modes at the orbits and ramps. 4 modes total. TI2 is at 8 modes total.

Thanks!!

#12113 2 years ago

Is side armor recommend? Do they serve a purpose other than aesthetics? Thinking of getting them to help protect the artwork from wearing away where my fingers rest near the buttons. Is that a thing?

#12114 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Is side armor recommend? Do they serve a purpose other than aesthetics? Thinking of getting them to help protect the artwork from wearing away where my fingers rest near the buttons. Is that a thing?

Yep. That’s a thing.

#12115 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Mylar also works great.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-flipper-button-wear-protector-set.html

#12116 2 years ago

Perfect. Thank you. I was looking for an alternative but couldn't find anything

#12117 2 years ago

Just get armor, looks better too.

#12118 2 years ago

AliExpress has some solutions(;

99536FD8-653A-491A-9354-F6BEE32E9725 (resized).jpeg99536FD8-653A-491A-9354-F6BEE32E9725 (resized).jpeg
#12119 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

AliExpress has some solutions(;
[quoted image]

Wonder if he took it off when hanging out with McCauley culkin no Mylar there either

#12120 2 years ago

Going through my new Premium. Installed the left ramp cover kit, and with it fully to the right I get about 1in8 balls to stick to the magnet.

Next I will dig in to the TK lock mech adjustment.

One thing I noticed, there is a support bracket under the back of the ramp with a hole but no screw in the hole so the ramp has a little wiggle. Should a screw be installed there or was that left out intentionally??

#12121 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Going through my new Premium. Installed the left ramp cover kit, and with it fully to the right I get about 1in8 balls to stick to the magnet.
Next I will dig in to the TK lock mech adjustment.
One thing I noticed, there is a support bracket under the back of the ramp with a hole but no screw in the hole so the ramp has a little wiggle. Should a screw be installed there or was that left out intentionally??

Leave that out. And put the new ramp cover all the way to the left and see if that helps any.

#12122 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Holy Balls...Powder coat incoming.
[quoted image]

Any photos of your machine with the powder coating done?

#12123 2 years ago

Feel like I'm beating the hell out or my machine. Have had it less than a week and I'm pushing close to 500 plays

#12124 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Feel like I'm beating the hell out or my machine. Have had it less than a week and I'm pushing close to 500 plays

That’s how you know it’s good! Maybe one day you’ll play yours as much as C0untDeM0net !

#12125 2 years ago

I have been putting off adjusting my DG shot until last night. I was able to get out the spacer under the chin and then prop the DG forward with an extra piece of foam or a rubber. It made the shots work perfect but would have to be readjusted as it shifted. I’m ready to take out the DG and adjust the spacers for a more permanent fix but I can’t tell what needs to be removed to get it out. I would rather not remove a bunch of stuff I don’t need to so I’m seeing if anyone can provide some guidance as to the most efficient way to remove and adjust the demogorgon. Would anyone be willing to help me out that has been through the process? Thanks!

#12126 2 years ago

I have been putting off adjusting my DG shot until last night. I was able to get out the spacer under the chin and then prop the DG forward with an extra piece of foam or a rubber. It made the shots work perfect but would have to be readjusted as it shifted. I’m ready to take out the DG and adjust the spacers for a more permanent fix but I can’t tell what needs to be removed to get it out. I would rather not remove a bunch of stuff I don’t need to so I’m seeing if anyone can provide some guidance as to the most efficient way to remove and adjust the demogorgon. Would anyone be willing to help me out that has been through the process? Thanks!

Use the search function link at the top of this thread. Try that first. But long story short you need to remove some plastics on the left side of it, a screw on the top of the playfield holding it down, and two nuts holding the mech on from underneath the playfield.

#12127 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Use the search function link at the top of this thread. Try that first. But long story short you need to remove some plastics on the left side of it, a screw on the top of the playfield holding it down, and two nuts holding the mech on from underneath the playfield.

Ha I promise you I have spent a long time going through that search. I hate to be a pain. I found plenty about the fix but just wanted some guidance on how to get to it out so I could do so. I appreciate the help. Im assuming these are the two bottom nuts at least. They seem to be holding the plate. I’ll see if I can get it. Thanks!

63E1DF45-0A17-4778-BC08-F508C5DF5BDB (resized).jpeg63E1DF45-0A17-4778-BC08-F508C5DF5BDB (resized).jpeg
#12128 2 years ago

Ha I promise you I have spent a long time going through that search. I hate to be a pain. I found plenty about the fix but just wanted some guidance on how to get to it out so I could do so. I appreciate the help. Im assuming these are the two bottom nuts at least. They seem to be holding the plate. I’ll see if I can get it. Thanks![quoted image]

If you search spacers this is one of the first posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/26#post-5455391

Shows all three connection points tot he playfield. The two posts through the playfield, and the one contact point on the top of the playfield.

Yes those two nuts are for the demogorgon. If you look they are directly beneath the mech. Start taking stuff off and just take pictures as you go.

#12129 2 years ago

Success! Thanks!

167AD79C-5BA6-4EF3-A28B-E00390B21490 (resized).jpeg167AD79C-5BA6-4EF3-A28B-E00390B21490 (resized).jpeg
#12130 2 years ago

So, I have a Stern Stranger Things Pro ordered delivered to my door for $5799. Think that price is going to stick?

#12131 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

So, I have a Stern Stranger Things Pro ordered delivered to my door for $5799. Think that price is going to stick?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4e40268b8f6902d829342646e3651765dafeea6e-1631670041-1800"};
//]]>

Yes. Price increase goes live for all older games 1/1/2022. Build dates of after that.

#12132 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Price increase goes live for all older games 1/1/2022. Build dates of after that.

Wow. Really? I was actually being sarcastic. Thanks for letting me know.

#12133 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Wow. Really? I was actually being sarcastic. Thanks for letting me know.

I'd call that a score! Great game and great price hard to find in the current price environment.

#12134 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I'd call that a score! Great game and great price hard to find in the current price environment.

Yes. I knew it was a good deal when the opportunity presented itself. I actually put the deposit down in August. It’s from a small distributor that was only allocated one Stranger Things from the last run.

#12135 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

However, any game built that contains the Insider Connect thing (so any game being built while/after Godzilla is on the line) looks like it could go up a couple hundred. Depends on the distrib is my guess.

#12136 2 years ago

Every time my father in law comes over he gets a ball stuck in the back right corner. Hasn’t ever happened to me. He gets stuck in that spot in about 50% of his games. Strange.

9473D428-6903-4771-80B0-32537169850F (resized).jpeg9473D428-6903-4771-80B0-32537169850F (resized).jpeg
#12137 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

However, any game built that contains the Insider Connect thing (so any game being built while/after Godzilla is on the line) looks like it could go up a couple hundred. Depends on the distrib is my guess.

Yep, $200 wholesale price increase until the full amount 1/1/22. That said I expect lots of distributors to just try to go to the top now.

#12138 2 years ago

After tinkering around all night I finally fixed my demogorgon shot. I went from making it once out of every 50 tries to nailing 6 shots in a row to get through the first three modes. Really wish I did this sooner. Thanks to those who helped me trouble shoot!

#12139 2 years ago

After tinkering around all night I finally fixed my demogorgon shot. I went from making it once out of every 50 tries to nailing 6 shots in a row to get through the first three modes. Really wish I did this sooner. Thanks to those who helped me trouble shoot!

Congrats… what did you specifically do to your pin to fix the problem?

“Finicky” doesnt even describe this thing. Constantly tinkering with ball guides in addition to fiddling around with the damn demogorgon..

Love the game…but..”man, she’s high maintenance!”

#12140 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Just read their posts and you’ll know what they did.

#12141 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

“Finicky” doesnt even describe this thing. Constantly tinkering with ball guides in addition to fiddling around with the damn demogorgon..
Love the game…but..”man, she’s high maintenance!”

I tried a couple things. I first did the fix of pulling out the post under the chin and using something to prop the DG forward. It worked but every few games I felt I had to readjust. Seeking a more permanent fix I pulled out the DG.

Although the fixes are there, the info that I wasn’t sure of was how to get it out. I think I was overly cautious because it wasn’t actually bad at all. There are two nuts under the play field that must be removed, see them pictured in my post a little way up. Note that when testing the adjustments these are the only two things I placed back to see if it worked. The other necessary steps are to remove a screw attached to that same plate, but on the top of the play field. This is the most annoying to get to. Then the plastics to the left of the DG must be removed, it’s only three little screws/bolts that need to be removed.

Now the DG can come out. I tried placing small washer between the plate under the DG and the actually grey figure to tilt it forward but it didn’t really do anything. Instead I tried the very simple fix of just removing that small black spacers connected to the plate. That made it sit lower which completely fixed the issue.

I would say give that a try if you have not already. If it still doesn’t work then perhaps just try a different sized spacer.

Best of luck!

#12142 2 years ago

Made this last post a key post so others can find it easily.

#12143 2 years ago

I’m still super new to Stranger Things only owning it for about 3 weeks. Such a great surprise of a pin!!!
I haven’t tried to adjust my Demogorgon yet. I wasn’t sure if it was meant to be a harder shot than a sure thing. Does anybody know if Brian Eddy wanted you to be able to bash it, but not make it super easy to kill? because let’s face it…it’s not easy to kill a Demogorgon haha! Or maybe it is a design flaw that should have been an easier shot like Attack from Mars or other middle shot games? We may never know.
With that being said, I do believe it’s perfectly fine to adjust it if you want to hit it more often. I still may adjust mine because it’s already fun bashing that Ugly mug! When it does go in it is a rewarding shot! When you hit it you’re like YEAH! Take that!!! So I’m all for adjusting it too, I just didn’t know if it was supposed to be an unsure thing.

#12144 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Or maybe it is a design flaw

Design flaw. Hell, it was originally setup so only mouth shots killed it. Imagine bashing it not even being an option. Haha. They added bashing as a compromise to games so that you’d at least have that if you’re game never made it in the mouth.

My demogorgon was literally impossible to make the mouth. Like zero chance on accurate shots. Only way it went in is if I missed and it banked off the side of the projector screen and went in.

Also, modes like trap em and the other demogorgon multiballs cannot be played unless the mouth can be made consistently. Good luck ever getting a super jackpot in those if you can only make the mouth once every 100 tries.

It should be like any other shot. If you’re accurate, it goes in. If you’re not, it doesn’t.

#12145 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Design flaw. Hell, it was originally setup so only mouth shots killed it. Imagine bashing it not even being an option. Haha. They added bashing as a compromise to games so that you’d at least have that if you’re game never made it in the mouth.
My demogorgon was literally impossible to make the mouth. Like zero chance on accurate shots. Only way it went in is if I missed and it banked off the side of the projector screen and went in.
Also, modes like trap em and the other demogorgon multiballs cannot be played unless the mouth can be made consistently. Good luck ever getting a super jackpot in those if you can only make the mouth once every 100 tries.
It should be like any other shot. If you’re accurate, it goes in. If you’re not, it doesn’t.

Have you heard if Stern has made any production changes to help this? Reason for asking is on the STh Pro at Recbar 812, the DG shot is very makeable. An accurate shot goes in pretty consistently. And I know they simply unboxed it and set it up with no pulling the DG and removing spacers, etc.

#12146 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ohhhh. Ok! I guess I never made it any further than 3rd demo mode. On that note.. I will be adjusting mine too! Thanks chuckwurt for the insight, my friend. Side note. I can make mine 1 out of 20 and usually shoot from upper part of right flipper and lower part of left flipper. Not sure if it should come off the middle of the flipper once adjusted correctly?
Anywho, My glow in the dark rubbers arrive today, and it will be the perfect time to adjust while I’m in there.

#12147 2 years ago

Stern released an updated ramp from the original build. It was meant to increase the height of the ball off the ramp. It solved it for some people but for those like me it didn't do much. I've talked with Brian about it and his suggestion was to just remove the spacers.

The shot is not meant to be impossible. As Chuck said the original code didn't have the bash mode. On my machine the only way out of demo 1 was to drain lol. That was not fun. Bashing was only added because of the lack of success people were having making the shot. Once you start getting deeper into the game you'll realize how important that shot is and how much skill you need to have to make it while 6 balls are flying at you and the ramp is going up and down

#12148 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Stern released an updated ramp from the original build. It was meant to increase the height of the ball off the ramp. It solved it for some people but for those like me it didn't do much. I've talked with Brian about it and his suggestion was to just remove the spacers.
The shot is not meant to be impossible. As Chuck said the original code didn't have the bash mode. On my machine the only way out of demo 1 was to drain lol. That was not fun. Bashing was only added because of the lack of success people were having making the shot. Once you start getting deeper into the game you'll realize how important that shot is and how much skill you need to have to make it while 6 balls are flying at you and the ramp is going up and down

Wow! Thanks again! So yeah. Definitely will adjust today!

#12149 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Have you heard if Stern has made any production changes to help this? Reason for asking is on the STh Pro at Recbar 812, the DG shot is very makeable. An accurate shot goes in pretty consistently. And I know they simply unboxed it and set it up with no pulling the DG and removing spacers, etc.

They changed the ramp after the first pros went out, so I think that helped a tad as well as some were pretty lucky on setup. Really all it would take is them not tightening the screws in the washers that allow it to give when hit to not be too tight. That will improve things a lot from jump.

#12150 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Ohhhh. Ok! I guess I never made it any further than 3rd demo mode. On that note.. I will be adjusting mine too! Thanks chuckwurt for the insight, my friend. Side note. I can make mine 1 out of 20 and usually shoot from upper part of right flipper and lower part of left flipper. Not sure if it should come off the middle of the flipper once adjusted correctly?
Anywho, My glow in the dark rubbers arrive today, and it will be the perfect time to adjust while I’m in there.

Mine is middle of the left and early on the right. 1 out of 20 is terrible IMO. That is 1 out of 20 on a dead center shot? If that’s the case, I would definitely adjust. You’re leaving massive fun on the table if not. You cannot get deep into the demogorgon multiballs if you’re only making it 1 out of 20.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/243?hl=c-note and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.