StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 444.
#1101 4 years ago

One interesting thing I noticed after watching the video back is that the up post didn't fire at 2:40. That would seem to indicate it wasn't the ramp entry but ramp exit opto having an issue maybe? I have seen the up post fire in the past but tonight it didn't.

Hopefully it helps. the last issue definitely feels like a software bug to me. I had get me out, demodogs, and then while those were running upside down start. First time I think I've had it start while in modes like that.

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

One interesting thing I noticed after watching the video back is that the up post didn't fire at 2:40. That would seem to indicate it wasn't the ramp entry but ramp exit opto having an issue maybe? I have seen the up post fire in the past but tonight it didn't.
Hopefully it helps. the last issue definitely feels like a software bug to me. I had get me out, demodogs, and then while those were running upside down start. First time I think I've had it start while in modes like that.

Most times that bugs occur multiple things have to happen at once so it’s almost impossible to communicate it to them so video is always best.

#1103 4 years ago

2d proto translite done!
20200201_152826 (resized).jpg20200201_152826 (resized).jpg

20200201_153328 (resized).jpg20200201_153328 (resized).jpg
#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Totally agree. Bring on the power meter.

Ala AFM saucer heck yea!

#1105 4 years ago
9B070C16-603A-4BE1-99CE-1DF94928531D (resized).jpeg9B070C16-603A-4BE1-99CE-1DF94928531D (resized).jpegC6B58F60-C9B9-4208-8C96-6EE5B6DACB79 (resized).jpegC6B58F60-C9B9-4208-8C96-6EE5B6DACB79 (resized).jpegCE57D8CA-9FFD-42A6-A402-FEA126B8256A (resized).jpegCE57D8CA-9FFD-42A6-A402-FEA126B8256A (resized).jpeg08937DB4-7690-421C-8D47-628018E7CEB7 (resized).jpeg08937DB4-7690-421C-8D47-628018E7CEB7 (resized).jpeg3797E362-C927-4D66-9CFA-A8A34A09EC00 (resized).jpeg3797E362-C927-4D66-9CFA-A8A34A09EC00 (resized).jpeg
#1106 4 years ago

Hell yeah! I have to work til noon then headed to pick mine up.

#1107 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

2d proto translite done!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool. A lot of red in center. Wish the Christmas bulb wall could make it into translite

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I was able to film the issue I have been having with the left ramp optos. I just sent this to Pablo at Stern. Probably won't hear anything until Monday but glad I was able to film the strangeness. A few strange things happened in this game

At 2:40 into the game the ball locks in the left ramp with no ball going up the ramp
At 3:53 (not entirely related) the ball jumps the mystery target over the wall and into the left orbit. Not sure if that is intentional but it's been happening a lot to me
At 4:50 I get the upside down while in a mode and the drop targets don't raise so I don't have any thing to shoot at for it
The 2:40 second issue is the one I am most concerned about. Once it occurred I saw it three times and I'm glad I was able to get it on video.
I was filming all day and it wasn't until I was about to go to bed that this issue started happening. Wasn't even filming when the first time hit but once I start to see it odd stuff starts happening for sure. Will be interesting to hear what Stern thinks

At 3:53, when the bAll jumps the mystery target, that happens to me OFTEN. I’ve nailed it down to the plastic that is next to the target , the corner of that plastic is not fastened down in any way. And it should be. That’s where the ball is getting out. I feel like if that corner of plastic was screwed down into a post, there wouldn’t be this issue. Also; I feel like eventually, that plastic piece will most likely break off.

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

At 3:53, when the bAll jumps the mystery target, that happens to me OFTEN. I’ve nailed it down to the plastic that is next to the target , the corner of that plastic is not fastened down in any way. And it should be. That’s where the ball is getting out. I feel like if that corner of plastic was screwed down into a post, there wouldn’t be this issue. Also; I feel like eventually, that plastic piece will most likely break off.

Interesting, I'll.take a look at mine as well. There are a few places around the orbit on the left where I was surprised by plastics not secured completely. Definitely by design but not as nice finish as my Munsters.

#1110 4 years ago

I assumed it just needs something there to block the ball from hopping that wall. I’ll look at mine too.

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

...I have a friend that prints them on metal. They are awesome.

What do you do about the corners? Are they a little bit smaller since you can't bend the corners?

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

What do you do about the corners? Are they a little bit smaller since you can't bend the corners?

You can bend them. It’s not thick metal.

They fit nice and snug.

#1113 4 years ago

Boys I’m gonna say my LE plays super sweet. Lots of new content on the code and the projector could be better no lie but what it is doing is cool. Upside down is very sweet and zero issues with the demigorgon shot. I wonder if we can line the ramps with these plenty of holes to attach it with. Maybe Lermods can figure it out. I’d just solder leads on the battery version and put it on twinkle?

https://www.noveltylights.com/50-led-battery-operated-christmas-lights-multi-bat50-wa-g-mu

#1114 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Boys I’m gonna say my LE plays super sweet. Lots of new content on the code and the projector could be better no lie but what it is doing is cool. Upside down is very sweet and zero issues with the demigorgon shot. I wonder if we can line the ramps with these plenty of holes to attach it with. Maybe lermods can figure it out. I’d just solder leads on the battery version and put it on twinkle?
https://www.noveltylights.com/50-led-battery-operated-christmas-lights-multi-bat50-wa-g-mu

Great to hear. What new content have you noticed. I believe the LE is running .83.

#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Great to hear. What new content have you noticed. I believe the LE is running .83.

I’d like to know this as well.

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’d like to know this as well.

Well the modes have a lot more video content and lighting effects. I had some like friendzy mode I’ve never seen before I only got about 10 games on it. I do believe this game completely changes if you move the outlanes to the middle setting. I think it’s already tough enough. Not here to argue I play competitive and I play for fun. It’s where any other game on earth is set default is the middle. The upside down effects are bad ass and multiball. I really hope someone finds a crisper projector but I’d be happy as is.

#1117 4 years ago

Well the modes have a lot more video content and lighting effects. I had some like friendzy mode I’ve never seen before I only got about 10 games on it. I do believe this game completely changes if you move the outlanes to the middle setting. I think it’s already tough enough. Not here to argue I play competitive and I play for fun. It’s where any other game on earth is set default is the middle. The upside down effects are bad ass and multiball. I really hope someone finds a crisper projector but I’d be happy as is.

Awesome to hear! Have you messed with any of the projector settings yet? Curious how your lighting is where the machine sits.

#1118 4 years ago

Wonder when the pro owners will get that new update

#1119 4 years ago

Boys I’m gonna say my LE plays super sweet. Lots of new content on the code and the projector could be better no lie but what it is doing is cool. Upside down is very sweet and zero issues with the demigorgon shot. I wonder if we can line the ramps with these plenty of holes to attach it with. Maybe lermods can figure it out. I’d just solder leads on the battery version and put it on twinkle?

I could certainly wire up a string of Xmas lights like we use on our communication wall if people just wanted to line the ramps with it. I can make two strings and tie them together so you could run them on each ramp with one connection. You’d be responsible for adhering it to the ramps, likely with zip ties where there are holes or clear tape where there isn’t. If anyone is interested, contact me and I’ll provide info on pricing, probably around same price as our wall.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fstranger-things-pinball-joyces-communication-wall

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Wonder when the pro owners will get that new update

Lots of times light shows are different on the prem LE models. The added content he’s seeing is also probably prem LE only for the projector

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Awesome to hear! Have you messed with any of the projector settings yet? Curious how your lighting is where the machine sits.

Only settings I see for the projector as it sits is position no contrast etc

#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lots of times light shows are different on the prem LE models. The added content he’s seeing is also probably prem LE only for the projector

Shouldn't you be unboxing a machine and setting up your streaming rig?

#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Shouldn't you be unboxing a machine and setting up your streaming rig?

9D3FC588-2ABC-4C04-8911-AADCE4420C0B.gif9D3FC588-2ABC-4C04-8911-AADCE4420C0B.gif
#1124 4 years ago

You puttin a set of Big Miss Mona's Pinskirtz on it, Chuck?
Would be sweeeeet!

#1125 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

You puttin a set of Big Miss Mona's Pinskirts on it, Chuck?
Would be sweeeeet!

Not sure if they will fit with the 10 sets of Pinstadiums I plan to install on it.

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure if they will fit with the 10 sets of Pinstadiums I plan to install on it.

Or maybe Scott’s new product “PinShadiums” developed for Sth LE. A magnetic canopy that enhances projector effect.

#1127 4 years ago

Have reservation for LE but wonder if premium wont look better in my all premium lineup?

#1129 4 years ago

Someone has to use pinsound and put this on your game. This theme mix would make it feel like TNA. Perfect for pinball.

#1130 4 years ago

As documented by others many times before, I was also having trouble hitting the demogorgon consistently. When I received the machine last week I pulled the wires up so the demogorgon could rest on the mounting bracket. But the wires were still pulling the little PITA "monster" back because of resistance from the wire bundle underneath the playfield. Last night I taped the wires underneath the playfield to allow permanent extra slack. I also leveled my machine where the top of the bubble is just touching the above line. This worked great as now we have a 3 out of 5 direct hit ratio w/ flipper strength at 225. This alone makes the machine so much more enjoyable!

024 (resized).JPG024 (resized).JPG
#1131 4 years ago

Okay got my LE setup! Some notes first then I will post a bunch of pics.

- Clear coat is definitely better on this than the pro I opened. Thicker and like glass.

- I put a piece of mylar shaped like a "J" around the left scoop to protect the art on the edge

- The playfield was not in the track properly and I had to get it back on it which was a pain.

- the post appears to have been punched to have a better grip on the plastic post. I could not pull it apart even with vice grips. I will leave for now. Trent said they may even have a completely different post they will be offering soon. Maybe this is it, not sure. I forgot to take a pic

- the settings for the projector are awesome. you can individually control each target and the projectors mapping. I did not see anything for focus or contrast or anything else. The images are focused, but are not super high res.

- The main screen did not sit flush at first with the side screens, but after I took the game from 7.5 to 6.7 degrees, it sat flush.

- I have the game pitched at 6.7 degrees give or take a degree. Shallower than I like but game is still playing pretty fast.

- I messed with the flippers a bunch to dial in the demo. I could not hit it ever until I had the left flipper at 220 and the right flipper at 235. Still very difficult but I went from 95% misses to like 85% haha. #1 on Sterns list for code should be a health bar and the ability to bash the demo to death for reduced scoring, but allow the player to advance in the game.

- My basement lights aren't the brightest and I have them dimmer than usual to help make the projections pop. It is fine in a well lit room, but better if the lights are down a bit. Do not need a pitch black room at all.

- pictures make the images look more washed out than they are for sure. It was hard to get good pics. Hopefully I can do better capturing it on stream.

Finally, if you do not put a sub in this game, especially if you have the LE, you are an idiot. haha. One of the best sound packages I have ever heard. Only TNA tops this game for me.

Overall I am pumped I got this. Cannot wait to see where this game is in 6 months to a year.

Now to get some high scores with my friends!!

#1132 4 years ago
IMG_1464 (resized).JPGIMG_1464 (resized).JPGIMG_1465 (resized).JPGIMG_1465 (resized).JPGIMG_1467 (resized).JPGIMG_1467 (resized).JPGIMG_1468 (resized).JPGIMG_1468 (resized).JPGIMG_1469 (resized).JPGIMG_1469 (resized).JPGIMG_1470 (resized).JPGIMG_1470 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1473 (resized).JPGIMG_1473 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1477 (resized).JPGIMG_1477 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1480 (resized).JPGIMG_1480 (resized).JPGIMG_1481 (resized).JPGIMG_1481 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1484 (resized).JPGIMG_1484 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1486 (resized).JPGIMG_1486 (resized).JPGIMG_1487 (resized).JPGIMG_1487 (resized).JPGIMG_1488 (resized).JPGIMG_1488 (resized).JPGIMG_1489 (resized).JPGIMG_1489 (resized).JPGIMG_1490 (resized).JPGIMG_1490 (resized).JPGIMG_1492 (resized).JPGIMG_1492 (resized).JPGIMG_1493 (resized).JPGIMG_1493 (resized).JPG
#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!

What is all over the bottom of the cabinet?

AFC964F4-A105-4023-9307-6FF2AB08F712 (resized).jpegAFC964F4-A105-4023-9307-6FF2AB08F712 (resized).jpeg
#1134 4 years ago

It’s a beauty Chuckster now get on there and give us some gameplay reviews!

Think I’m gonna go pinsound on this one!

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations Erik, that's a gorgeous looking game!

#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Congrats!
What is all over the bottom of the cabinet?[quoted image]

Demogorgon guts. Haha. Not sure. Some black paint spilled maybe. Not sure.

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a beauty Chuckster now get on there and give us some gameplay reviews!
Think I’m gonna go pinsound on this one!

Does pinsound work for spike? I have to say, I’m a pretty bit audiophile and the sound system on this is strong already.

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does pinsound work for spike? I have to say, I’m a pretty bit audiophile and the sound system on this is strong already.

Well, I defer to you then brother!

You have the LE in house, set up and having fun! Congrats

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably just a little black mold, wont hurt a thing.

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thought it was paint then remembered they’re using laminate on the sides now. Definitely something from the Upside Down.

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Guano..

#1142 4 years ago
E694ABBD-6D71-4268-B9DD-25D2AB1C0CA0.gifE694ABBD-6D71-4268-B9DD-25D2AB1C0CA0.gif
#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does pinsound work for spike?

Absolutely not.

#1145 4 years ago

Don't need pinsound for stern pins.. you use pinball browser to change/add music/sound fx to the code.

#1146 4 years ago

Streaming my LE at noon eastern today. Come hang out!

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#1147 4 years ago

The LE is just flat out gorgeous in person, and the projector adds a lot more than I thought it would honestly. Happy with my pro, but its a huge upgrade.

#1148 4 years ago

In the mystery award, does anyone know what award map image means?

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Finally, if you do not put a sub in this game, especially if you have the LE, you are an idiot. haha. One of the best sound packages I have ever heard. Only TNA tops this game for me.

Thanks for sharing these. Here's me thinking you got a fucking sub in your LE. What is that tweeter in the bottom of the cab?!

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

In the mystery award, does anyone know what award map image means?

No but I know Brian eddy is taking it out of the code. Haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 210.00
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,192 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 444.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/23?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.