IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 448.
#11901 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Do u guys know where to go to test opto ? I think I have a problem there but not sure I hope it’s not some node board problem

Yes. Put the game into switch test. Under diagnostics.

#11902 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Put the game into switch test. Under diagnostics.

Fixed ! I think the power cord in the back box which deals with these optos was loose ! Thanks man ! Now I can sleep tonite.. time to get the uv kit installed !

#11903 2 years ago

anyone interested in taking their game online with this insider connected thing stern is promoting?

#11904 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

anyone interested in taking their game online with this insider connected thing stern is promoting?

Me!

#11905 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

I'm interested. I wonder how they will handle the different bottom arches that this pin has because of the UV kit.

#11906 2 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

I'm interested. I wonder how they will handle the different bottom arches that this pin has because of the UV kit.

For the metal ones you just need a new triangle cutout.

#11907 2 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

I wonder how they will handle the different bottom arches that this pin has because of the UV kit

good call there!

I'm also intrigued by this notion of controlling verified games with the QR scanner knowing if the glass is in or not. I mean - we're all a creative bunch and certainly there are easy ways to cheat that control. Not saying I'd do that of course.

#11908 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

good call there!
I'm also intrigued by this notion of controlling verified games with the QR scanner knowing if the glass is in or not. I mean - we're all a creative bunch and certainly there are easy ways to cheat that control. Not saying I'd do that of course.

Only location games are considered to be verified. Home games can’t be.

#11909 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only location games are considered to be verified

intrigue resolved!

#11910 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

intrigue resolved!

More good info here in this short video.

#11911 2 years ago

As a home user I have no desire to spend money on this for any of my games. I can see why ops would want it for the easy access to data but none of the op features are in the first version from what I've read. Could not care less about the achievement features.

#11912 2 years ago

How would this affect things like Cleland's code? I'm not sure I want Stern in my machine and sending through possible code updates I don't want that mess things up.

#11913 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

How would this affect things like Cleland's code? I'm not sure I want Stern in my machine and sending through possible code updates I don't want that mess things up.

Good question. Not sure what it would do. I guess we will find out soon enough.

#11914 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good question. Not sure what it would do. I guess we will find out soon enough.

I have no plan to add it to any of my machines at this point. Will be interested to hear what it does, though.

#11915 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

As a home user I have no desire to spend money on this for any of my games. I can see why ops would want it for the easy access to data but none of the op features are in the first version from what I've read. Could not care less about the achievement features.

You may change your mind when Stern starts putting downloadable content out there like new modes, features, etc. This could enhance our pins a great deal. However, it won’t be free. I’m all for it. If you want the content, get it. If not, don’t.

#11916 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

You may change your mind when Stern starts putting downloadable content out there like new modes, features, etc. This could enhance our pins a great deal. However, it won’t be free. I’m all for it. If you want the content, get it. If not, don’t.

Be interesting to see if this ever happens. How much time and resources do Stern have to throw at each title ? Personally not a fan of ongoing content ….. just make a great game with finished code from the start.

#11917 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Problem is, what completes many Stern games is the pin community. Stranger Things, GOTG, and Jurassic Park are all examples of games that without Cleland and the other codes just aren't the same. Seems to me Stern in our machines auto loading content isnt't something many of us would want.

#11918 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

If they start sticking new modes and game features behind a paywall with an app I'll never buy another stern game. The rumored price increase will likely cause me to cancel my aiq premium order as another 1k is not what I agreed to when I ordered all those months ago and I don't want this app connected feature.These are not $60 Xbox games but 6-9k pinball machines.

#11919 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

If they start sticking new modes and game features behind a paywall with an app I'll never buy another stern game. The rumored price increase will likely cause me to cancel my aiq premium order as another 1k is not what I agreed to when I ordered all those months ago and I don't want this app connected feature.These are not $60 Xbox games but 6-9k pinball machines.

This is EXACTLY what Stern is going to do. They are very smart and know there is A LOT of money on the table with downloadable content. Whether you choose to participate or not, it’s gonna happen and they will make a lot of money. Xbox and PlayStation have proven the model works and it works well. The nice thing is, you don’t have to buy in if you don’t want to. I will likely pick and choose things I really like or maybe I won’t like any of it. Only time will tell.

#11920 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Be interesting to see if this ever happens. How much time and resources do Stern have to throw at each title ? Personally not a fan of ongoing content ….. just make a great game with finished code from the start.

Stern will put plenty of time into offering downloadable content for each title because they will make money. A lot of it.

#11921 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

This is EXACTLY what Stern is going to do. They are very smart and know there is A LOT of money on the table with downloadable content. Whether you choose to participate or not, it’s gonna happen and they will make a lot of money. Xbox and PlayStation have proven the model works and it works well. The nice thing is, you don’t have to buy in if you don’t want to. I will likely pick and choose things I really like or maybe I won’t like any of it. Only time will tell.

Thank goodness spooky, American, cgc, and jjp exist. Might actually change my order to cactus canyon cause they are making real updates to make the games better.

#11922 2 years ago

I see the paywall stuff being like the topper modes. Purely dressing and not part of the core game. I’m cool with that.

#11923 2 years ago

Is it normal for the project screen image to shift slightly when flipping? I never noticed this before. Maybe something is slightly loose but I checked everything under the apron and it's tight as it can be. On the brighter side, I think I have the projector image sharper than ever before.

#11924 2 years ago

Yeah I think it’s normal. Maybe you could loosen the nuts under the playfield for the apron to release the pressure a bit.

#11925 2 years ago

So installed uv kit no go . I tested it in lamp menu doesn’t do anything I have no idea what I did wrong , anyone have any tips that they went through ? That board is getting power it turns red and the apron lights up .. weird

#11926 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So installed uv kit no go . I tested it in lamp menu doesn’t do anything I have no idea what I did wrong , anyone have any tips that they went through ? That board is getting power it turns red and the apron lights up .. weird

Did you go in the menu and turn on the UV kit? It has a setting that stays off.

#11927 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Did you go in the menu and turn on the UV kit? It has a setting that stays off.

Yes I made a mistake and missed the two small connectors on the power board that come from the playfield all good now !
Thanks

Only thing I’m kind of bummed is I tried to replace the new uv aprons plaque with the signed one from Brian eddy , but it wouldn’t fit

Also everything works great, but now my ball lock optos arent getting power again. I looked at the manual but anyone have any ideas where the power to this opto comes from? It says CN 12, but that is the topper jack.

THanks!

Never mind again the power connector is clearly labeled backboard opto and was loose . At way back and bottom of playfield

#11928 2 years ago

Am I cheating? I feel like the game is really starting to flow for me, but I don’t want to score big if my posts are in the wrong place. Lol
That’s where they are in the local arcade I was in today, so I’m assuming it comes this way. The pics are of my game, but again the arcade I was at today was in the same spots.

5614C99C-A37E-49A7-96AF-A918D16462AA (resized).jpeg5614C99C-A37E-49A7-96AF-A918D16462AA (resized).jpegDD1A96B1-BDAF-43EF-B674-3E301129C800 (resized).jpegDD1A96B1-BDAF-43EF-B674-3E301129C800 (resized).jpeg
#11929 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Am I cheating? I feel like the game is really starting to flow for me, but I don’t want to score big if my posts are in the wrong place. Lol
That’s where they are in the local arcade I was in today, so I’m assuming it comes this way. The pics are of my game, but again the arcade I was at today was in the same spots.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, middle is factory default
Edit: now I remember it’s at the top. I’m cheating with the middle, lol

#11930 2 years ago

from the factory both sides are in the top hole. The game designer has said he intended it to be in the center hole from the factory but they went with the top. I have mine in the middle

No one could say it's cheating. Every machine in the real world is setup differently. Some at steep angles and some really floaty. Some have tight outlanes and others wide open. Each game will be tailored to whatever level makes the op the most money. Heavy tournament area probably steep and open outlanes. Typical bar area it'll be closer to 6.5 degrees and outlanes closed up.

#11931 2 years ago

Cool thanks guys. I may move them to middle tomorrow.

#11932 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Go ahead and set them tight. STh does not, and will not, care. It will blast through that lane over and over and over, like it's on rails!

Gotta step up your nudge game regardless of where you set it. (Mine was full open from factory)

#11933 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Go ahead and set them tight. STh does not, and will not, care. It will blast through that lane over and over and over, like it's on rails!

Gotta step up your nudge game regardless of where you set it. (Mine was full open from factory)

Lol
I know! When I’m on I’m on, and when it wants to it blasts right through there anyway.

PS my AIQ is set to bottom(tight)from factory. It’s an outlane drain beast no matter. Haha

#11934 2 years ago

Got my uv kit! That was a surprise hahaha. Now to save up for the game!
16302456387326473945806161302232 (resized).jpg16302456387326473945806161302232 (resized).jpg

#11935 2 years ago

All these UV kits shipping, let's hope those of us that have been waiting 6 months for a topper will see them soon as well.

#11936 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

[quoted image]

I was thinking about doing this. I want to get most of the mods for this game but I don’t want to get a game fully modded out and have to try to sell off the doubles.

Have many people done it this way?

#11937 2 years ago

This is EXACTLY what happened to me... preordered the UV Kit... and the topper because it was getting impossible to get these things and/or Stern would just stop making them... was going to buy a Premium and add the mods... ended up getting a deal on an LE and it had the UV kit already installed... my ordered UV kit arrived Friday.....

#11938 2 years ago

Should be super easy to sell.

#11939 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

[quoted image]

Did it ship from Stern, or from your distributor?

#11940 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Did it ship from Stern, or from your distributor?

It came from my distributor.
If anyone is really needing one I'd let it go for 375 plus shipping.

#11941 2 years ago

This just happened. A piece of clearcoat decided to leave the party. Size of a dime. Suggestions? (300 credits played)

CE91F418-EB68-45AA-A087-A8E56CB40A21 (resized).jpegCE91F418-EB68-45AA-A087-A8E56CB40A21 (resized).jpeg
#11942 2 years ago

Cover the area with Mylar.

#11943 2 years ago

And what about this?

837DAD63-C910-4967-A31A-732DAC38ADEF (resized).jpeg837DAD63-C910-4967-A31A-732DAC38ADEF (resized).jpeg
#11944 2 years ago

I would get those pics to Stern right away. They might replace your playfield for something that large in in plain sight. Then again being only the clear and not the artwork they may suggest a clearcoat repair first. Good luck! Either way I would get that area protected ASAP.

#11945 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I would get those pics to Stern right away. They might replace your playfield for something that large in in plain sight. Then again being only the clear and not the artwork they may suggest a clearcoat repair first. Good luck! Either way I would get that area protected ASAP.

I had clearcoat chipping around the saucer on my game and Stern sent a bottle of clearcoat repair and an autographed translite. Its worth sending the pictures to Stern to see what repair they recommend to keep the damage from spreading any further.

#11946 2 years ago
Quoted from Caveman-Gurkan:

And what about this?
[quoted image]

Mylar there too.

#11947 2 years ago

Anybody go mirror blades with this pin? I was thinking it may be cool with the UV kit. Maybe.

#11948 2 years ago

Working on my TK lock; when I push the plunger for the diverter is the metal arm/guide supposed to be stiff? Or should it be able to wiggle a bit side to side?

#11949 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Anybody go mirror blades with this pin? I was thinking it may be cool with the UV kit. Maybe.

My Pro has mirror blades fitted by previous owner . I like them. I think it maybe boosts the UV effect ….. seeing that posters on my wall even glow when it kicks in

#11950 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Working on my TK lock; when I push the plunger for the diverter is the metal arm/guide supposed to be stiff? Or should it be able to wiggle a bit side to side?

Should have a little play, but not much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/239 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.