IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 448.
#11601 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Soooooo, since there is all this talk about the topper. What do those that have it think about it? Is it super cool? Average compared to other Stern toppers? Above average? Itā€™s hard to tell without seeing it on the pin in person.

The one on location near me has it. To be honest, I donā€™t even notice it. When I randomly look at it, the light show is pretty cool.

#11602 2 years ago

Iā€™m glad I got it for my Premium as it is a cool design but Iā€™m starting to get over the whole topper thing. Too expensive now and really not necessary. Only one worth owning is for GB on a premium Ecto 1 art package IMO. I wonā€™t be purchasing anymore on future titles I buy.

#11603 2 years ago

AFM and Blakc Knight are the only two Iā€™ve ever noticed. AFM because itā€™s insanely loud, and Black Knight because itā€™s awesome.

#11604 2 years ago

I think it's pure looks on most games, the wow factor as you walk up and for those spectating. I have been waiting for one for months and the reality is, I don't look at the topper when I play the game. But I personally prefer the complete look of having one on my machines. I blame my Tommy for the silverball on top, it's what started my desire to have one for every game.

#11605 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Soooooo, since there is all this talk about the topper. What do those that have it think about it? Is it super cool? Average compared to other Stern toppers? Above average? Itā€™s hard to tell without seeing it on the pin in person.

I had one and it's frankly underwhelming. Cool for about 5 minutes, and then you realize it only ever puts on a great show during attract mode.

And I say "I had one" because mine blew one (yes, one) LED so it's presently back at Stern being fixed or replaced. Which cost me $50 to ship back. Which sucks. (And when one LED goes out, it looks like a whole row is out because of the infinity mirror...so it's worse than it sounds.)

Quoted from chuckwurt:

AFM and Blakc Knight are the only two Iā€™ve ever noticed. AFM because itā€™s insanely loud, and Black Knight because itā€™s awesome.

...and you call yourself a GOT fan. That topper is amazing.

#11606 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and you call yourself a GOT fan. That topper is amazing.

Good call. Thatā€™s a cool one too. Donā€™t think Iā€™ve actually played a GOT with one on it though.

#11607 2 years ago

R2d2 topper is pretty cool

#11608 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Iā€™ve never seen it in person, but I heard during telekinesis multi-ball, the topper floats 3 feet above the machine.

#11609 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Iā€™ve never seen it in person, but I heard during telekinesis multi-ball, the topper floats 3 feet above the machine.

And then falls down unexpectedly like the balls ā€œlockedā€ in the TK lockā€¦

#11610 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:Iā€™ve never seen it in person, but I heard during telekinesis multi-ball, the topper floats 3 feet above the machine.

As a previous owner (and I hate to be THAT guy) I have to make a correction - it hovers 3.5 feetā€¦not 3 feet.

73E18C4F-2093-4CCA-977C-3AB0ADE95151.gif73E18C4F-2093-4CCA-977C-3AB0ADE95151.gif
#11611 2 years ago

Just left the club today. Had a chance to get my hands on LOTR. STh was at the bottom of the list. I will miss it.

#11612 2 years ago

Number 421 finally set up . Iā€™m assuming all the white ramps and targets are normal for projector use ?

EADF42D4-3AA1-4712-9C14-1536AB044F83 (resized).jpegEADF42D4-3AA1-4712-9C14-1536AB044F83 (resized).jpeg
#11613 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Number 421 finally set up . Iā€™m assuming all the white ramps and targets are normal for projector use ?[quoted image]

yup,

dang im jealous... Ive got to find an LE.... My pro isn't cutting it

#11614 2 years ago

I can't believe someone would buy an le without knowing about the white projection surfaces.

#11615 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I can't believe someone would buy an le without knowing about the white projection surfaces.

I kind of agree. Thatā€™s what causes the images the projector projects to be visible. To each his own

#11616 2 years ago

Love the topper on this one. I have a feeling this game will become one of the more sought after Sterns so itā€™s worth some extra dressings

A4A7BBC1-73EF-4E74-B89E-172805635F97 (resized).jpegA4A7BBC1-73EF-4E74-B89E-172805635F97 (resized).jpeg
#11617 2 years ago

Man this game is awesome in the dark , I donā€™t care what other people say stern makes some cool ass games

#11618 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Love the topper on this one. I have a feeling this game will become one of the more sought after Sterns so itā€™s worth some extra dressings

I have a pro in order. Last run. I also have the topper on order. Iā€™m super excited for both. Glad to hear that the topper is worth it, but Iā€™m a topper guy. Looks great.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man this game is awesome in the dark , I donā€™t care what other people say stern makes some cool ass games

Glad to hear that as well. Iā€™m assuming you have the UV kit? I have that on order as well. Seems like this pin had gained a lot of momentum. Iā€™m excited to add it to my lineup.

#11619 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I totally agree except Iā€™d throw Whitewater in with those as it is simply gorgeous to look at, fits the theme perfectly and came with the machine !
Those were the days !!!

#11620 2 years ago

I ordered from cointaker a good few months ago so I hope they get enough!!

#11621 2 years ago

Ok I just saw my first ball cling to the wall for ball lock .. wow ! Awesome ! This game rocks so far !

#11622 2 years ago

Has anyone hooked up an external sub to this machine? How do you do that?

#11623 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

External sub is a must add mod. I would recommend the Dayton Audio from parts express.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

#11624 2 years ago

The easiest way is to just run a speaker wire from the basebox speaker to the sub inputs. You can simply alligator clip on the positive and negative tabs on that speaker and run them into ā€œspeaker level inputsā€ on your sub.

EDITā€¦

I am also going to try to hook up 4 pins to a single sub with the Pinnovators kit. Eager to see how that works out. Seems to be highly recommended.

#11625 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

The easiest way is to just run a speaker wire from the basebox speaker to the sub inputs. You can simply alligator clip on the positive and negative tabs on that speaker and run them into ā€œspeaker level inputsā€ on your sub.
EDITā€¦
I am also going to try to hook up 4 pins to a single sub with the Pinnovators kit. Eager to see how that works out. Seems to be highly recommended.

Soldered my Polk to STh sub leads, makes a huge difference.. love it with the cleland package.

#11626 2 years ago

Sub is awesome, especially with the Cleland mix.

For the source, you can run the line out from Node 0 from CN5 to RCA input.

#11627 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I run alligator clipped speaker wire from the woofer of 2 games to one sub, polk psw 10. I currently have 5 of them hooked in pairs on ten games. Has worked great for me for years. U spend way less, and sounds waaaaaay better, for a decent powered sub split between 2 games than you would wasting money on the ā€œspeaker kitsā€ many sell.
A nice powered sub is a audio game changer.

#11628 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sounds good to me. Let me know the best way to share the Pro updated image file to you. I need to edit the Premium/LE images next.
I finished creating a new attract mode/game over slideshow because I wasn't totally happy with my prior one. This makes 3 or 4 slideshows I've made, which is why I rarely release anything I make, since I'm never completely satisfied and keep making changes.
New attract mode slideshow:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/fn8zC8315DwUZsQC9
Game over slideshow (same as above) with Twist of Fate song that plays:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FnKZkJeJSevgDYUs9
Cleland's soundtrack code with my attract modes and slideshow. This video shows game over with my slideshow and the track of the kids talking that everyone likes.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mWUs8KrjVF97fkWh6
I also have a stock audio version with only my videos added.

Is your video code with clelandā€™s mix available yet? Id love to see your video clips in attract.

#11629 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

External sub is a must add mod. I would recommend the Dayton Audio from parts express.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

I have the Pinsub Sam kit but I assume this canā€™t be adapted to this machine?

#11630 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have the Pinsub Sam kit but I assume this canā€™t be adapted to this machine?

Donā€™t think so. Just do the speaker wire. Itā€™s fast and easy and sounds basically the same as the pinnovators kit.

#11631 2 years ago

Hey, I've searched the forums a lot now and haven't found anything on this, but I have a problem on my NST machine.
The machine was NIB but it did only take a few months for this problem to show the first time:

The lock post BELOW the left ramp (where it stops the ball from the "mystery collect lane") sometimes doesn't come out and the ball isn't stopped. It just runs through. I've hd this problem and then it worked again and now it has happened again. Sometimes it starts to work again, though... It's really strange. Does somebody have oder had this problem, too?
I've looked into the playfield from below but I can't see anything unusual there. The post seems to move just fine and it doesn't get stuck on anything. You can press it down and it straight comes up. I've noticed for the games when it worked that the post comes out right after the ball rolled over it. But in the games where it didn't work the post just doesn't come up after the ball rolled over. Sometimes it goes up again. It always makes the loud sound from "going down" though. Even if it is already in the "down" position.

I hope it explained it in a way somebody can understand what's going on.
Does somebody have the problem and maybe know what to do about it?
For me it now feels like maybe a code problem or the plunger mechanism is somehow defective.

#11632 2 years ago

How often does it happen? Unfortunately, sometimes the ball is just moving fast enough to beat the post before it comes back up. Should be a pretty rare occurrence though.

#11633 2 years ago

It's happening very often. Sometimes every time in one game. Last game it happened more often then not. (So the ball went through most of the time and the post didn't go up. Not after the ball, too)
Sometimes the post just acts normally again, though.
Could it maybe a sensor that misses the ball going in? Or is the standard position of the post "up"? I've watched it and in my machine it's sometimes up and sometimes down when tehre's no ball in it.

#11634 2 years ago

The default position of the post is up. A spring under the playfield pushes it back into position when the coil is off. The coil is used to retract the up post. It's an easy to get to mech and not much to it. Look to see if there is anything it could be getting caught on. I've adjusted mine slightly to make sure it is more centered in the playfield hole.

#11635 2 years ago

Thanks for your help so far!
OK, so maybe it sometimes gets stuck a little bit on the playfield itself? But does it even go down so much?
I've noticed that the post is not very centered but seems to be right a the top of its hole.
So maybe I need to readjust it then like you? (If yes: Is this hard to do? This is my first pinball machine and I've never done something like it)
Here is a picture of the post in question. The machine was off at the time of the photo. Right now it's turned off, too. But the post is down. It doesn't look as if it's caught onto something to be honest. It's not very far "down". I tried to take a picture now, but it's really difficult to take a good one. (Because my machine is standing next to a wall on the left side. I can take another one tomorrow, but I have to move the pinball table first.

plunger1 (resized).pngplunger1 (resized).pngplunger5down (resized).jpgplunger5down (resized).jpg

#11636 2 years ago
Quoted from BIGBen:

Thanks for your help so far!
OK, so maybe it sometimes gets stuck a little bit on the playfield itself? But does it even go down so much?
I've noticed that the post is not very centered but seems to be right a the top of its hole.
So maybe I need to readjust it then like you? (If yes: Is this hard to do? This is my first pinball machine and I've never done something like it)
Here is a picture of the post in question. The machine was off at the time of the photo. Right now it's turned off, too. But the post is down. It doesn't look as if it's caught onto something to be honest. It's not very far "down". I tried to take a picture now, but it's really difficult to take a good one. (Because my machine is standing next to a wall on the left side. I can take another one tomorrow, but I have to move the pinball table first.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lift the playfield and find the mech underneath. It just has a few 3-4 wood screws holding it to the playfield. Loosen them, move the mech around and retighten.

#11637 2 years ago

Just got my UV kit installed today, wow- So worth the wait!

#11638 2 years ago

Iā€™m noticing that the images projected on the ramps are not in sync with each other, most noticeable when in TK Multiball, the work Jackpot on the right ramp is much smaller than the left and neither is really cantered on the ramp.
It seems the projector wheel only adjusts the focus on the main screen? Or am I missing something?

#11639 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Iā€™m noticing that the images projected on the ramps are not in sync with each other, most noticeable when in TK Multiball, the work Jackpot on the right ramp is much smaller than the left and neither is really cantered on the ramp.
It seems the projector wheel only adjusts the focus on the main screen? Or am I missing something?

Yep. Youā€™re missing the positioning adjustments for the projector images.

Go into game diagnostics and do the projector test. Make sure you have the white interlock switch engaged when doing it. It will project test images all of the screens and you can adjust them all at first to get them close, then go one by one to get them just right.

#11640 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lift the playfield and find the mech underneath. It just has a few 3-4 wood screws holding it to the playfield. Loosen them, move the mech around and retighten.

I did as you said today and now it seems to function normally again! Thank you so, so much for your help

#11641 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Youā€™re missing the positioning adjustments for the projector images.
Go into game diagnostics and do the projector test. Make sure you have the white interlock switch engaged when doing it. It will project test images all of the screens and you can adjust them all at first to get them close, then go one by one to get them just right.

Was messing with mine and noticed the "ROT" adjustment only seems to work when tweaking the main ramp and it will rotate. Don't see any rotation on any other targets when I adjust that, no matter what number I set it to. Is anyone else able to rotate targets?

#11642 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Was messing with mine and noticed the "ROT" adjustment only seems to work when tweaking the main ramp and it will rotate. Don't see any rotation on any other targets when I adjust that, no matter what number I set it to. Is anyone else able to rotate targets?

Agreed. Iā€™ve noticed this too. Probably a bug but Iā€™ve found the only thing I might need to rotate a hair is the main screen.

#11643 2 years ago

Has anyone with the UV kit tried adding additional UV paint? If so, how did it work out, where did you apply and what brand did you use?

I was thinking that my drop targets (I swapped out to clear back lit drops) and possibly the flippers could use some upside down painting.

#11644 2 years ago

I havent thought to paint anything. I think the uv there is more than enough. I did however add glow rubbers which are pretty cool looking

#11645 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Has anyone with the UV kit tried adding additional UV paint? If so, how did it work out, where did you apply and what brand did you use?
I was thinking that my drop targets (I swapped out to clear back lit drops) and possibly the flippers could use some upside down painting.

Someone in this thread did it using a UV marker. Search UV and Amazon. They did the camaro and a few other things.

#11646 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Someone in this thread did it using a UV marker. Search UV and Amazon. They did the camaro and a few other things.

Thanks. I just ordered a couple of different markers. From the pictures on these it looks like UV yellow is the one that would most closely match.

#11647 2 years ago

Anyone with a Pro experiment yet with adding a projector?

Figure see if anyone has tried to make this mod work

#11648 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Anyone with a Pro experiment yet with adding a projector?
Figure see if anyone has tried to make this mod work

Not worth the effort, and the result will always be way less-than. Get a Premium.

Kind of surprising Stern is making their last run Pros, though. There's a LOT of demand for Premiums. They should finish with that.

#11649 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not worth the effort, and the result will always be way less-than. Get a Premium.
Kind of surprising Stern is making their last run Pros, though. There's a LOT of demand for Premiums. They should finish with that.

I have not been able to seek a Prem to even play within a few hours drive

Enjoy my pro

Just figure Iā€™d ask about reflective paper and a projector

#11650 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I have not been able to seek a Prem to even play within a few hours drive
Enjoy my pro
Just figure Iā€™d ask about reflective paper and a projector

Yeah, it's not worth the trouble because the result will be poor. Spend the time looking for a Premium instead. You'll be a lot happier. They DO pop up for reasonable money from time to time.

Shame that you're kind of in a location pinball dead-zone, and even the closest STh pins are all Pros. But honestly, buy one used, try it, and if you flip it you likely will be even or down a few hundred at worst, so it's essentially a rental. Pretty sure you'll like it. It's a better experience than the Pro, especially once the TK lock is dialed in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/233?hl=wildrover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.