IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 448.
#11451 2 years ago

Last I heard from my distro was July. My fiancé asks me when we’re getting it every time she plays

Hoping to get it soon!!!

#11452 2 years ago

Their supply chains are fucked like everyone else’s. Both my distributor friends aren’t even sure if they can bring as many games to Pincinnati due to the uncertainty. Sucks.

#11453 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Their supply chains are fucked like everyone else’s. Both my distributor friends aren’t even sure if they can bring as many games to Pincinnati due to the uncertainty. Sucks.

Man. Distributors not being able to bring the usual load of "show games" will really suck! Like Covid wasn't hard enough on the shows. Ugh

#11454 2 years ago

And our show’s demand is crushing 2019’s. But we need to have games for people to play. Haha. I’m sure it will be fine, but I feel for all the manufacturers out there. The trickle down effect is real.

#11455 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And our show’s demand is crushing 2019’s. But we need to have games for people to play. Haha. I’m sure it will be fine, but I feel for all the manufacturers out there. The trickle down effect is real.

Hope things improve before your show. Still time. One of these years I'd love to attend. I will have to invest in some serious cold weather clothing. I freeze in temps below 55. Something tells me it's A LOT colder then that in December there!

#11456 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Hope things improve before your show. Still time. One of these years I'd love to attend. I will have to invest in some serious cold weather clothing. I freeze in temps below 55. Something tells me it's A LOT colder then that in December there!

Hit or miss. It was 60s the week of Xmas last year.

We already have over 100 games committed to come to the show, all but 20 or so being from local collectors. So we will be fine. That’s not including the 25-30 tournament games we will have too.

#11457 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hit or miss. It was 60s the week of Xmas last year.

We already have over 100 games committed to come to the show, all but 20 or so being from local collectors. So we will be fine. That’s not including the 25-30 tournament games we will have too.

That's great news. Hmmm. Maybe I need to look into if I can make it up there.

#11458 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

That's great news. Hmmm. Maybe I need to look into if I can make it up there.

Our games play good.

#11459 2 years ago

Any advice for adjusting the scoop to fire through the inner orbit a little better?

#11460 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Any advice for adjusting the scoop to fire through the inner orbit a little better?

Same issue.. it needs just a tiny more umph to make it around and so far I haven’t found the tweak to do it

#11461 2 years ago

Mess with the scoop power, clean and wax the ball guide in the burn it back loop. Mess with the pitch of your game.

I’ve never gotten it to be 100% forever. But doing those things should get it doing it 80-90% of the time for a few hundred plays.

Remember. The ball isn’t supposed to do that, so no real way to get it to do it forever that I’ve seen. As the game gets dirty and just the natural variance in a VUK shooting a ball across the playfield, that path will change.

#11462 2 years ago

I swear I got a Mystery Award of "add time" during a game yesterday, and I wasn't in any mode that was timed. Anyone else notice this glitch? After 1,500 plays this may have been the first time I saw this.

#11463 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

I swear I got a Mystery Award of "add time" during a game yesterday, and I wasn't in any mode that was timed. Anyone else notice this glitch? After 1,500 plays this may have been the first time I saw this.

I thought I saw that too, then I realized I was in 2X scoring.

#11464 2 years ago

It will happen during bullshit too.

#11465 2 years ago

I could have been in either 2X scoring or Bullshit mode. Thanks!

#11466 2 years ago

It’s seems like an above average amount of people have the flipper fans on STh. If anyone can comment, does it noticeably help?

#11467 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It’s seems like an above average amount of people have the flipper fans on STh. If anyone can comment, does it noticeably help?

Pro owner from day 1 - approx. 1500 plays (mostly by me). I have never needed the fans, and have never had a decline in flipper power. I am a "hit the ball on the fly" type of player though, are VERY RARELY trap a ball on the flipper.

#11468 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

My game wouldn’t make all the shots without them. They are needed more on the prem than the pro though.

If you’re trying to dial in your TK lock without them, it’s pointless IMO.

#11469 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Pro owner from day 1 - approx. 1500 plays (mostly by me). I have never needed the fans, and have never had a decline in flipper power. I am a "hit the ball on the fly" type of player though, are VERY RARELY trap a ball on the flipper.

This is what causes the fade. Trapping not so much. You’ll see less of an effect on the pro as the only touchy shot is the demo.

#11470 2 years ago

On my pro I started to notice the fade about 30 minutes in and at 45 minutes in my demogorgon shot was not makeable. At 50 minutes in the left ramp was barely makeable from either flipper. The fans completely eliminated all fade on my machine.

#11471 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My game wouldn’t make all the shots without them. They are needed more on the prem than the pro though.
If you’re trying to dial in your TK lock without them, it’s pointless IMO.

Thanks for the input as I have been curious in your streams how you backhand the left ramp on your LE after playing for 30 minutes straight.

#11472 2 years ago

Backhands are the easiest things to notice with fade. You may be able to still make all the shots, but backhands become way harder if even possible.

#11473 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Yep - I have had this several times and am pretty sure had nothing running . Def no mode, and certain no 2x either.

#11474 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Yep - I have had this several times and am pretty sure had nothing running . Def no mode, and certain no 2x either.

I’ll believe it when I see it. I’ve done tons of glass off testing with this. Got a video so we can send it to Stern?

#11475 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

You can also get add time when mystery and demodog is lit. It starts demodog and adds time for it.

#11476 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I have an order (with a deposit) in with one of their largest distributors. Originally it was May, then July. Now they aren't even being told dates by Stern.

Same! I bought a NIB Premium in March of this year and was told May, June, July for the UV kit and now nobody knows when....

#11477 2 years ago

Is there a moment when the shaker goes, like demo or something? I need to test because I don’t think it’s working for me and installing a shaker for the 20th time is pretty easy.

Edit: ran coil test and shaker is not working. That’s a first.

#11478 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

Same! I bought a NIB Premium in March of this year and was told May, June, July for the UV kit and now nobody knows when....

I just received word from my distributor that my Pro model UV Kit just shipped. I put a deposit down a little over 2 months ago. Just an FYI.

#11479 2 years ago

Nice HUO Premium posted on Mr. Pinball for a good price:

Stranger Things Premium, Stern: $8500
Bought NIB this year. Documentation to prove. 97 plays, goodie bag, Stern UV kit, Stern art blades, Stern shaker, Camaro/Blazer Titan rubber.

Not my ad, obviously - just wanted to share. I’m amazed people still use Mr. Pinball, but some deals can be found.

#11480 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nice HUO Premium posted on Mr. Pinball for a good price:
Stranger Things Premium, Stern: $8500
Bought NIB this year. Documentation to prove. 97 plays, goodie bag, Stern UV kit, Stern art blades, Stern shaker, Camaro/Blazer Titan rubber.

Not a good price. People are just brainwashed into thinking more than MSRP is ok these days.

#11481 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Not a good price. People are just brainwashed into thinking more than MSRP is ok these days.

Well at least the cost to them was around 8k now. It’s the best of the current situation.

#11482 2 years ago

My daughter just joined the club with the pro with uv kit Stern art blades and the stern shooter rod install the shaker... such an underrated game in my opinion Got hooked on the game when I played chuckwurt Le at Pinbrew.. my daughter asked me if I could buy the game for her and I did...it's hers she is 12 years old she loves the TV series I just started watching it

#11483 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Pro here, never noticed any issue but tbh it’s rare I would be playing it for prolonged length o

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll believe it when I see it. I’ve done tons of glass off testing with this. Got a video so we can send it to Stern?

Well perhaps I was mistaken but I distinctly remember at the time thinking …. well that’s not much use .

#11484 2 years ago

I was awarded multiball from a mystery award for the first time since owning the pin last night.

That is one rare award!

#11485 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think it’s a totally fair price. $200 over sticker with the unobtanium UV kit and a couple other solid add ons for a game with a line out the door of people who want a Prem/LE? I would suggest watching one’s ass when dealing with Mr Pinball sales though.

#11486 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I think it’s a totally fair price. $200 over sticker with the unobtanium UV kit and a couple other solid add ons for a game with a line out the door of people who want a Prem/LE? I would suggest watching one’s ass when dealing with Mr Pinball sales though.

I don’t even look at it after everything I’ve heard about it.

#11487 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I would suggest watching one’s ass when dealing with Mr Pinball sales though.

I can’t argue with that. I saw a $4300 TWD with a ColorDMD the next state over. It might have been fine, but my gut told me it was too good to be true. So I waited and ended up buying one from a friend for a good bit more. Worth it for the peace of mind.

#11488 2 years ago

My DG shot needs adjusting. I saw the fix to remove the spacer under his chin but how do you get that off without removing everything else? It seems to be attached to a screw that just turns with it and there isn’t a clear way to get in and stabilize that screw.

3A853C72-B4CA-467C-AA09-5E3476C5757E (resized).jpeg3A853C72-B4CA-467C-AA09-5E3476C5757E (resized).jpeg

#11489 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

My DG shot needs adjusting. I saw the fix to remove the spacer under his chin but how do you get that off without removing everything else? It seems to be attached to a screw that just turns with it and there isn’t a clear way to get in and stabilize that screw.
[quoted image]

You have to take the whole demogorgon out of the game.

#11490 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s a rite of passage, once you do that you’ll be One Of Us.

#11491 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks, any tips on the best way to get him out? This is my first game, but when I look toward that part of the playfield, I’m not even sure how he’s being held in. I’m really annoyed that I need to do this on a brand new game but am trying to at least get through with out messing anything else up. I appreciate the help.

#11492 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Thanks, any tips on the best way to get him out? This is my first game, but when I look toward that part of the playfield, I’m not even sure how he’s being held in. I’m really annoyed that I need to do this on a brand new game but am trying to at least get through with out messing anything else up. I appreciate the help.

There’s lots of posts in this thread on how to do it. You have to remove the surrounding plastics and remove the screw that holds it on the top of the playfield and the two nuts underneath the playfield that hold it on. Just take your time and take lots of pictures while you take everything off so you know how it goes back on.

#11493 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s lots of posts in this thread on how to do it. You have to remove the surrounding plastics and remove the screw that holds it on the top of the playfield and the two nuts underneath the playfield that hold it on. Just take your time and take lots of pictures while you take everything off so you know how it goes back on.

I’ll give it a try. Thank you for your help!

#11494 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nah...a little creativity, pain, and way more time than doing it right and you can get that spacer out without removing the demogorgan.

#11495 2 years ago

I've had a rough go of it on this machine for a while and today finally had that break through game. Was 1 mode from starting the season one wizard mode. Had a monster can't stop this though. Over 450 million. Totally bungled total isolation 2 though. First one was pretty good. Quite a long game and thank goodness I had the flipper fans but I just couldn't get the left orbit to start that last mode. Was driving me insane.

IMG_20210726_141906147_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210726_141906147_HDR (resized).jpg
#11496 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

but I just couldn't get the left orbit to start that last mode. Was driving me insane.

The left orbit is funny. I can either hit it 3 times in a row, or not at all. Feels good when I’ve got the shot dialed in, though.

#11497 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The left orbit is funny. I can either hit it 3 times in a row, or not at all. Feels good when I’ve got the shot dialed in, though.

yeah it was strange, had no problem hitting it the whole game until it was what I needed for the wizard mode lol. That quill scoop on guardians is the same way for me.

#11498 2 years ago

Just got my UV kit today. My distributor got a shipment last week. (Not enough to clear the pre-orders, but enough for me to get mine )

Very cool. Now that I got it installed it seems like Upside Down mode occurs far less frequently

#11499 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Just got my UV kit today. My distributor got a shipment last week. (Not enough to clear the pre-orders, but enough for me to get mine )
Very cool. Now that I got it installed it seems like Upside Down mode occurs far less frequently

Shoot the pops more.

#11500 2 years ago
5FD3FE70-40F4-437A-B9FE-9952623D931B (resized).jpeg5FD3FE70-40F4-437A-B9FE-9952623D931B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/230 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.