IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 448.
#1051 4 years ago

Update - my up-post fell out after 110 plays (for those keeping a record). Stern says they have replacements that are better attached, and are sending me one. For now I used 2-part epoxy and it's holding OK.

Also, I'm seeing the dents on the ramp entrances as well - photo attached.

STh4 (resized).jpgSTh4 (resized).jpg
#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

My biggest worry now is that your videos will be on LE, while I have a Pro.

yeah I’m typically pro too, but couldn’t resist.

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Game room guys

I mean your shooter rod

#1055 4 years ago

I’ll have my LE tonight I’ll post some pictures

#1056 4 years ago

With the LEs shipping I’d assume new code soon ?

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

With the LEs shipping I’d assume new code soon ?

I would think so. Someone post up the code version on your game when you get it home.

#1058 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would think so. Someone post up the code version on your game when you get it home.

Will do, now it’s time to see if I regret this purchase. Last NIB stern was black knight LE.

#1059 4 years ago

So, I took my family on location today to make sure we all agree on the next game to purchase. My entire family plays pinball and a lot of it. Thus, it's important to me that they like the game as well. Everyone but me picked Stranger Things. It was about fourth on my list. This is not the first time they played it. They had some time on it over the holidays as well. My question for the club is what modifications should I make to the game if I purchase it? This thread is huge and it seems that there's a few necessary modifications that need to be made.

#1060 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Source?
I have first hand knowledge this is wrong, along with 99% of the other complete bullshit posted about this game claimed to be “fact,” starting first and foremost with how the projector looks in person.

Pulled it out of my ass actually.

Wishful thinking I guess. I would hope they’re trying to fix the main issues for future production.

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

So, I took my family on location today to make sure we all agree on the next game to purchase. My entire family plays pinball and a lot of it. Thus, it's important to me that they like the game as well. Everyone but me picked Stranger Things. It was about fourth on my list. This is not the first time they played it. They had some time on it over the holidays as well. My question for the club is what modifications should I make to the game if I purchase it? This thread is huge and it seems that there's a few necessary modifications that need to be made.

Just my personal opinion here and what I am doing to mine.
And with this title, my wife and son are now interested in pinball!

I went with the pro due to cost and the fact I never really look at the display much when playing so having the projector display as well to me is not something I am interested in but I am sure it is a cool design. Same as magnet lock but the moving demo would be cool and I hope it can be put on the pro somehow down the track.
This is my first NIB game and Stern at that. I could not go past the theme, Eddy as I love my AFM and I am a basic player and just love flow.
But I bought it knowing I would not be happy with the quality and finish and would do my own thing to it.
So for me the list is as follows so far and pending. Just putting it back together today!

Check/fix lock post, gate near mystery, cord of demogorgan. As per feedback so far.

I pulled all the purple GI and used warm white..Hopper and Mrs Byers look human now and not purple people eaters.
Redecalled the cab to my own taste - I like black/red dark feel. See pic.
Speaker upgrades, changes out shooter, coin reject , start switch flipper buttons to clear red, lock bar to black.
Cleared the shooterplate to match the door sheen better
Pinnovators door kit but not fitted yet as supplied item not suited to this door - they are looking into it.
I'm, working on a 2d translite today that I think will look amazing in the scheme I am doing.
After all this I will be geeting onto customising the playfield.
Done a lot with pinsound but not pinball browser so need to look into it as I want to add alot of my own sounds or Clelands mix when he does it as he has nailed other titles!

I'm calling it the upside down edition
20200131_171748 (resized).jpg20200131_171748 (resized).jpg20200131_171803 (resized).jpg20200131_171803 (resized).jpg20200201_080159 (resized).jpg20200201_080159 (resized).jpg20200201_080220 (resized).jpg20200201_080220 (resized).jpg

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Pardon my terminology. First things first get your head down low and look under the demogorgon, there is a tiny chrome post that limits the forward motion of the toy. In my case there was a small gap, so if i pushed the back of the demogorgons head it would come forward, ever so slightly. Releasing it, would result in it "springing" back. Now look at the back of the demogorgon, there is a wire connected to it, that routes down through the bottom of the playfield. I personally didnt go under the playfield, but just gently pulled this wire up so that it gives some slack. The demogorgon should then rest freely on the post, rather than leaving slack.
Hope this helps.

I've been looking at mine and i can't get this fix to work. The demogorgon still settles in the middle between the front and rear posts. It feels to me like it really needs a spring at the back to push it forward into the front post cause if I have the glass off and manually place the monster on the front post I make the shot 100% of the time if my aim is good. Then I get the glass on and start playing and nope have trouble hitting it. For me adjusting the cord did nothing. Mine is not pulling at all. I might look into a spring to push it forward. Wouldn't have to be too strong.

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

And with this title, my wife and son are now interetsed in pinball!
I went with the pro due to cost and the fact I never really look at the display much when playing so having the projector display as well to me is not something I am interested in but I am sure it is a cool design. Same as magnet lock but the moving demo would be cool and I hope it can be put on the pro somehow down the track.
This is my first NIB game and Stern at that. I could not go past the theme, Eddy as I love my AFM and I am a basic player and just love flow.
But I bought it knowing I would not be happy with the quality and finish and would do my own thing to it.
So for me the list is as follows so far and pending. Just putting it back together today!
Check/fix lock post, gate near mystery, cord of demogorgan. As per feedback so far.
I pulled all the purple GI and used warm white..Hopper and Mrs Byers look human now and not purple people eaters.
Speaker upgrades, changes out shooter, coin reject , start switch flipper buttons to clear red, lock bar to black.
Pinnovators door kit but not fitted yet as supplied item not suited to this door - they are looking into it.
I'm, working on a 2d translite today that I think will look amazing in the scheme I am doing.
Done a lot with pinsound but not pinball browser so need to look into it as I want to add alot of my own sounds or Clelands mix when he does it as he has nailed other titles!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That backglass is sick!

#1064 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've been looking at mine and i can't get this fix to work. The demogorgon still settles in the middle between the front and rear posts. It feels to me like it really needs a spring at the back to push it forward into the front post cause if I have the glass off and manually place the monster on the front post I make the shot 100% of the time if my aim is good. Then I get the glass on and start playing and nope have trouble hitting it. For me adjusting the cord did nothing. Mine is not pulling at all. I might look into a spring to push it forward. Wouldn't have to be too strong.

I fiddled with it quite a bit and it just worked, but mine was tight from the get go, so its ok now. I truly think a spring is a terrific idea, let me know if you come up with something.

Currently @ 6.5 pitch at the flippers, which for me is around 6.6 where you showed the reading at the ramp, and 225 flipper strength. Making the shot from both flippers fairly consistently.

Unfortunately I dont think this is a magic formula, and many machines are different. Very intrigued to see what chuckwurt finds on his machine, since its a different mech altogether. Very happy with mine, but still wanting to see damage kill options in the code.

#1065 4 years ago

I think my game is possessed! I get it dialed in and can make the demigorgon shot with both flippers, then the next day back to square one, and can’t hit it with either flipper.

#1066 4 years ago

Really looking forward to the LE reviews and pictures !

#1067 4 years ago

Playing on .83, made demigorgon first try

8338B4C9-B440-4093-92E1-61A972B12C28 (resized).jpeg8338B4C9-B440-4093-92E1-61A972B12C28 (resized).jpegCEE9177D-2444-46D0-9694-D48778B6F06A (resized).jpegCEE9177D-2444-46D0-9694-D48778B6F06A (resized).jpegD23EE7D4-45CF-4DBE-A4F6-BB7F94D11C9E (resized).jpegD23EE7D4-45CF-4DBE-A4F6-BB7F94D11C9E (resized).jpegEC58F634-05DD-44CF-97FF-6D79A669ADC0 (resized).jpegEC58F634-05DD-44CF-97FF-6D79A669ADC0 (resized).jpegF68E335D-1565-4E77-B83D-BBA90A447D72 (resized).jpegF68E335D-1565-4E77-B83D-BBA90A447D72 (resized).jpeg
#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Playing on .83, made demigorgon first try[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congtats! LE looks great. Projector looks good. Looking forward to gameplay feedback.

#1069 4 years ago

Plays great so far demogogon non issue. Lock can be goofy

#1070 4 years ago

Plays great so far demogogon non issue. Lock can be goofy

Are you getting airballs or crazy fast shots? I could make my shot on stock flippers, but balls were flying everywhere and fast.

The reflection from the projector looks pretty bad, is it better in person?

I’m wondering if the ball lock post is breaking loose Because the ball is hitting it so fast. Not an issue for the le, of course.

#1071 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I had to unplug the three connectors and re-route the wire because it wa wrapped around another wire bundle that was causing it to pull on the demigorgon. It was also chafing the wire. The pic is before I re-routed.

02169D39-AED0-4344-B767-B0D9E83217F0 (resized).jpeg02169D39-AED0-4344-B767-B0D9E83217F0 (resized).jpeg
#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are you getting airballs or crazy fast shots? I could make my shot on stock flippers, but balls were flying everywhere and fast.
The reflection from the projector looks pretty bad, is it better in person?

Yeah it’s crazy fast. The image is kinda neutral. I like the effects but wish it was crisper. Overall happy

#1073 4 years ago

Almost home!

6FD9E30C-746D-4BF0-B273-CBBD9773BDCA (resized).jpeg6FD9E30C-746D-4BF0-B273-CBBD9773BDCA (resized).jpegF32DDB41-01DC-4B56-AE89-D87909E4886C (resized).jpegF32DDB41-01DC-4B56-AE89-D87909E4886C (resized).jpeg
#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Almost home![quoted image][quoted image]

Nice meeting you! Almost home too.

1BC8FA3F-87BB-4347-A7CF-E8FC9F3A8587 (resized).jpeg1BC8FA3F-87BB-4347-A7CF-E8FC9F3A8587 (resized).jpeg
#1075 4 years ago

Playing on .83, made demigorgon first try[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That back glass is dope!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1076 4 years ago

The LE is freakin gorgeous All around!!!!!...ok, now I’m trading my Pro for one. Wow

#1077 4 years ago

My LE shipped as well

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m wondering if the ball lock post is breaking loose Because the ball is hitting it so fast. Not an issue for the le, of course.

I think the post is there on the LE too.

#1079 4 years ago

Fiddled with the wire harness behind the demo at the bar Pro we have here. No improvement. What doesn’t help is he spring steel on the ramp I think. The trajectory of the ball is never the same. So definitely need to compensate with code or send out new toys with a bigger mouth.

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the post is there on the LE too.

I thought the magnet grabbed the ball in the back to lock them?

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I think my game is possessed! I get it dialed in and can make the demigorgon shot with both flippers, then the next day back to square one, and can’t hit it with either flipper.

Agreed, I get things dialed in with the glass off and hit the thing no issue for a few hours. Come back next day and can't hit it at all. Looks like the same shot just fumbling about where it was making it the night before. Go back to messing with it and repeat. I really think it's how the thing settles back in after getting hit. A spring to push it back against the front post might help. I bet the Le with the moving mech just puts it back in the same spot making it more consistent

#1083 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I had to unplug the three connectors and re-route the wire because it wa wrapped around another wire bundle that was causing it to pull on the demigorgon. It was also chafing the wire. The pic is before I re-routed.[quoted image]

Mine is wrapped around the bundle as well just has lots of slack. Can't hurt making that change to mine and will see if it helps

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought the magnet grabbed the ball in the back to lock them?

It does. The post is needed because the balls stay locked until someone gets MB. So if I lock one on the backboard and you lock a ball, it passes the backboard and locks via the post. Then you can add a second ball to the backboard if you get lock two. I think. Haha

#1085 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

And with this title, my wife and son are now interested in pinball!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Great input.

#1086 4 years ago

What was the "trick" Eddy discovered that allows the magnet to hold the balls almost indefinitely without overheating? I saw this mentioned but there was no explanation.

Anybody know?

#1087 4 years ago

I plan to inspect that area a lot when I get my game. I’m very curious too.

#1088 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

What was the "trick" Eddy discovered that allows the magnet to hold the balls almost indefinitely without overheating? I saw this mentioned but there was no explanation.
Anybody know?

It’s not an electric magnet coil. It’s a regular neodymium magnet. When the balls are to be released, two coils pull the magnet away from the backboard.
2A3FAD66-E29D-4E15-B55A-96C6C54E4F18 (resized).png2A3FAD66-E29D-4E15-B55A-96C6C54E4F18 (resized).png

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

It’s not a magnetic coil. It’s a regular neodymium magnet. When the halls are released, two coils pull the magnet away from the backboard

Ahh.. smart

#1090 4 years ago

Sort of an ingenious solution

#1092 4 years ago

I was told the magnet could hold up to 95 lbs. that is why it takes two coils to break it free from the hold it has on the balls

#1093 4 years ago

Here is what makes the demo move on the premium and LE. There is an extra bracket on the demo that is in contact with a coil and an up post

150B8D2B-1E5E-4EC0-BC90-56F0187914AF (resized).jpeg150B8D2B-1E5E-4EC0-BC90-56F0187914AF (resized).jpeg8313F7AB-E00F-43B1-8E5F-98275EC7F365 (resized).png8313F7AB-E00F-43B1-8E5F-98275EC7F365 (resized).png
#1094 4 years ago

Here’s to hoping that different mech for the prem/LEs makes the demo way more makable. Then we just need to figure out the ultimate fix for the pros. But I still think the best way is through software. Make it possible to beat the demo to death.

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here’s to hoping that different mech for the prem/LEs makes the demo way more makable. Then we just need to figure out the ultimate fix for the pros. But I still think the best way is through software. Make it possible to beat the demo to death.

That would be great! The only problem I see is that there are no switches on the demo to register hits. Only an opto set to register it going into the mouth. Numbers 2 & 5 in the diagram

Maybe it could be implemented in some sort of “dirty pool” fashion, assuming a missed shot to the demo falls behind the drop targets

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

That would be great! The only problem I see is that there are no switches on the demo to register hits. Only an opto set to register it going into the mouth. Numbers 2 & 5 in the diagram

Hits that don’t go into the mouth are registered in some way. 100%.

#1097 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Hits that don’t go into the mouth are registered in some way. 100%.

That’s great news! I still haven’t unboxed mine yet so haven’t had a chance to check it out.

A damage meter would be super cool. Make it an ongoing battle of some sort.

#1098 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

That’s great news! I still haven’t unboxed mine yet so haven’t had a chance to check it out.
A damage meter would be super cool. Make it an ongoing battle of some sort.

Totally agree. Bring on the power meter.

#1099 4 years ago

I was able to film the issue I have been having with the left ramp optos. I just sent this to Pablo at Stern. Probably won't hear anything until Monday but glad I was able to film the strangeness. A few strange things happened in this game

At 2:40 into the game the ball locks in the left ramp with no ball going up the ramp

At 3:53 (not entirely related) the ball jumps the mystery target over the wall and into the left orbit. Not sure if that is intentional but it's been happening a lot to me

At 4:50 I get the upside down while in a mode and the drop targets don't raise so I don't have any thing to shoot at for it

The 2:40 second issue is the one I am most concerned about. Once it occurred I saw it three times and I'm glad I was able to get it on video.

I was filming all day and it wasn't until I was about to go to bed that this issue started happening. Wasn't even filming when the first time hit but once I start to see it odd stuff starts happening for sure. Will be interesting to hear what Stern thinks

#1100 4 years ago

Thanks for doing that. Really helps the coders figure this out when we catch it on video. I’m pretty sure these are bugs. I’ve seen the opto issue at the one we have at the bar tonight too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/22?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.