IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 448.
#11301 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think the huge rise in market value on the premium/ LE can be attributed mostly to that fact that Stern stopped making premiums. So if you want the project you’ve gotta buy the prem / Le on the secondary market. Also prices of all LE’s went through f’n roof over the pandemic. Just insane.

No doubt that prices were up across the spectrum, but still, the price of SThLE seems to have exceeded others, including JPLE and AIQLE, which is quite surprising considering how many people were crapping on this pin early on.

I'm sure that the lack of premiums play a role in it as well.

#11302 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So I'd like to hear fron owners how the pro and premium models diffee in terms of game play?... I know the premium has the projector but what are the other differences? Are the premium upgrades worth the extra $$ or is it a model where the pro is almost just as good?
Any insight and thoughts are appreciated.

Pro all the way, very happy.

#11303 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No doubt that prices were up across the spectrum, but still, the price of SThLE seems to have exceeded others, including JPLE and AIQLE, which is quite surprising considering how many people were crapping on this pin early on.
I'm sure that the lack of premiums play a role in it as well.

Premium and LE will always be more rare for this title. Same with Pro, unless I’m wrong. I think we all found a sleeper of a game. My first DMD was a $1600 Congo, and that lesson sticks with me.

#11304 2 years ago

Getting a lot of lip outs from direct shots to the scoop, has anyone tried putting a piece of foam on the metal backstop to deaden the bounce speed a little?

#11305 2 years ago

I assume that when UV kits start shipping, someone will post here.

#11306 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I assume that when UV kits start shipping, someone will post here.

I checked with Jason from classic game rooms today, no news on them from stern

#11307 2 years ago

My distro said that accessories are really backlogged right now. My fiancé wont stop bugging me to get the UV kit on her game haha.

#11308 2 years ago

Mine has been on order with Game Exchange of Colorado since Apr 27.

#11309 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Getting a lot of lip outs from direct shots to the scoop, has anyone tried putting a piece of foam on the metal backstop to deaden the bounce speed a little?

I put a piece of target foam on the backstop and it’s helped alot

#11310 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I checked with Jason from classic game rooms today, no news on them from stern

Stern could save their distributors a lot of phone calls and headaches if they just had a status page for back-ordered items. I used my one call to Jason six weeks ago, so I’ll just wait patiently.

#11311 2 years ago

I swear I'm going backwards on this game now ...... ...... scores have been pitiful for the last week, like in the low hundreds at best. I think I'm doing the over thinking it thing

#11312 2 years ago

Anyone notice end of ball drains not registering as quickly as you’d expect? Like sometimes sitting there 3-5s after ball has clearly drained and sitting in trough until the bonus sequence kicks in. Maybe Not always but fairly often fir me.. just seems like it should be kicking in faster. Or is that normal?

#11313 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Anyone notice end of ball drains not registering as quickly as you’d expect? Like sometimes sitting there 3-5s after ball has clearly drained and sitting in trough until the bonus sequence kicks in. Maybe Not always but fairly often fir me.. just seems like it should be kicking in faster. Or is that normal?

I'm curious about this too. It happens to me also. Not every ball but maybe 1 in 10 drains. Mine is a NIB with under 50 plays so I was going to look at the trough switch. Sometimes it will ball search and then realize it's drained. Seems like I need to align the last switch in trough?

#11314 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I'm curious about this too. It happens to me also. Not every ball but maybe 1 in 10 drains. Mine is a NIB with under 50 plays so I was going to look at the trough switch. Sometimes it will ball search and then realize it's drained. Seems like I need to align the last switch in trough?

If it’s ball searching def seems like a trough switch. I don’t get any ball searching, which is curious.. but also very low plays, I should check them just in case probably.

#11315 2 years ago

Yep. Been that way since day one. I think it’s just the code.

If your game is ball searching, that’s another issue.

#11316 2 years ago

Just swapped the translite on my Pro. Much prefer this one from Retro Refurbs - more of the shows characters , not just the 4 big heads, has the arcade sign, loses the Netflix logo …and overall just a bit brighter and more exciting.

Original
58683B79-B4C6-4684-ADD8-FEF494FAADE8 (resized).jpeg58683B79-B4C6-4684-ADD8-FEF494FAADE8 (resized).jpeg

Retro Refurbs Season#2 Version
93EA8BAC-2475-439F-AF4D-BFE1E8D48673 (resized).jpeg93EA8BAC-2475-439F-AF4D-BFE1E8D48673 (resized).jpeg

#11317 2 years ago

Apologize if this has been posted before...what does everyone prefer on the flipper strength for this pin? I dialed mine down a bit and I think overall it's shooting better. Less airballs and less rejects from left ramp/ball lock. I have the pro and the ball would come in so hot it would bounce off the lock post and fly back down the ramp lol.

#11318 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Just swapped the translite on my Pro. Much prefer this one from Retro Refurbs - more of the shows characters , not just the 4 big heads, has the arcade sign, loses the Netflix logo …and overall just a bit brighter and more exciting.
Original
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I did the same

#11319 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Apologize if this has been posted before...what does everyone prefer on the flipper strength for this pin? I dialed mine down a bit and I think overall it's shooting better. Less airballs and less rejects from left ramp/ball lock. I have the pro and the ball would come in so hot it would bounce off the lock post and fly back down the ramp lol.

I dialed my down and then found I was having trouble making the Demogorgon kill shot Dialed back up all good again, I may take it down in small increments and see how I go ,as yeah it is very powerful.

#11320 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

As long as you’re making all the shots, set it to whatever you prefer.

#11321 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Original
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Quoted from spidey:

I did the same

Would you guys mind posting some real world pictures? I’ve been considering this but am torn because I prefer the season 2 and 3 versions.

I have a pro (season 1 art). I’m not sure how much the variety of eleven’s hairdos is going to bother my OCD. Hah

#11322 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Original
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I considered doing the same for my premium (incoming) but the giant Will head bothers me. Has anyone experimented with any other translite?

#11323 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I considered doing the same for my premium (incoming) but the giant Will head bothers me. Has anyone experimented with any other translite?

Retro Refurbs sells two other alt translates (basically one for each season).

#11324 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Would you guys mind posting some real world pictures? I’ve been considering this but am torn because I prefer the season 2 and 3 versions.
I have a pro (season 1 art). I’m not sure how much the variety of eleven’s hairdos is going to bother my OCD. Hah

Those are real world pics of mine.

I quite like Season 3 design also but chose not to have it as it doesn’t feature in the game .

#11325 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Haha. I wish you hadn’t pointed that out ! It wasn’t bothering me until ….. now

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11326 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I dialed my down and then found I was having trouble making the Demogorgon kill shot Dialed back up all good again, I may take it down in small increments and see how I go ,as yeah it is very powerful.

Same. I said that to my daughter last night no more airballs but now seems like kill shot less likely. Yeah I'll find a happy setting thanks

#11327 2 years ago

Hmm, is this normal?

ADA3CDB6-BC1F-443F-BF43-72632353CE7C (resized).jpegADA3CDB6-BC1F-443F-BF43-72632353CE7C (resized).jpeg
#11328 2 years ago

Whoops. Replied to very old post.

#11329 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Hmm, is this normal?[quoted image]

Yes, it makes it easier to get that plastic off. There is a shorter one on the other side as well.

#11330 2 years ago

I prefer the original Pro translite to all of the alternates, but I’d love to buy a Premium translite if anybody wants to sell theirs. I just feel stuck in Season 1.

#11331 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I prefer the original Pro translite to all of the alternates, but I’d love to buy a Premium translite if anybody wants to sell theirs. I just feel stuck in Season 1.

There is 1 left on Ebay. I bought mine from him, looks much better imo.

#11332 2 years ago

This is one game where I think all the translight artwork is just awful.

#11333 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Yes, it makes it easier to get that plastic off. There is a shorter one on the other side as well.

Don’t understand. This doenst hold any plastic off? Otherside havent got one.

0A7B99A6-0DBC-48C9-83B3-0D256F76C159 (resized).jpeg0A7B99A6-0DBC-48C9-83B3-0D256F76C159 (resized).jpeg
#11334 2 years ago

I bought a JP Premium and have played it a ton and man there are an astounding amount of different shots and the game is incredibly excited. That being said… still prefer my STH 10x’s over.

#11335 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I bought a JP Premium and have played it a ton and man there are an astounding amount of different shots and the game is incredibly excited. That being said… still prefer my STH 10x’s over.

What do you prefer that pushes it that far over JP? If I didn’t pick up a Sth I would have probably ended up with JP, but I haven’t played it too much. Curious what makes one better than the other for home owners

#11336 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

JP shoots and looks great but I just haven't been able to connect with it yet. Can't quite put my finger on it but I guess it feels sort of boring for lack of a better term.

#11337 2 years ago

I like JP more. Hopefully I have that one day too. And AIQ. And Mando. Haha

#11338 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Original
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Just curious....did you track your order from them? I bought a Translite for JP. It departed Zagreb (shows shipped abroad) over 2 weeks ago and that is the last update I have. All of my other international orders arrived in NY 1-2 days after departing their country of origin.

#11339 2 years ago

Man, the TKO lock adjustment is so frustrating!! I adjusted it to the required width/height with calipers first time and it didn't work at all. Then I've been readjusting it, throwing balls up it till they seem to be consistent and locking the coil down.. testing and it seems to be working most of the time. Then I play a few games and by game 3 or so they never make it up anymore and 1/2 of them scream down the ramp to a drain and the other 1/2 don't make it, but do a post lock. It's like it keeps getting out of adjustment somehow.. I dunno.

It's such a cool effect when working but this is getting maddening.

A question as well -- I was adjusting projector images and it seems strange to me that the projector turns off during this. How are you supposed to line things up correctly if you can't see what your doing?! Is there some way to turn on the projector during the adjustments?

#11340 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Man, the TKO lock adjustment is so frustrating!! I adjusted it to the required width/height with calipers first time and it didn't work at all. Then I've been readjusting it, throwing balls up it till they seem to be consistent and locking the coil down.. testing and it seems to be working most of the time. Then I play a few games and by game 3 or so they never make it up anymore and 1/2 of them scream down the ramp to a drain and the other 1/2 don't make it, but do a post lock. It's like it keeps getting out of adjustment somehow.. I dunno.
It's such a cool effect when working but this is getting maddening.
A question as well -- I was adjusting projector images and it seems strange to me that the projector turns off during this. How are you supposed to line things up correctly if you can't see what your doing?! Is there some way to turn on the projector during the adjustments?

Make sure you have the updated ramp cover from Stern and a fan on both flipper coils.

#11341 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

What do you prefer that pushes it that far over JP?

Quoted from joetechbob:

Can't quite put my finger on it but I guess it feels sort of boring for lack of a better term.

Like you said… I can’t quite put my finger on it. JP has so much going on with T-Rex and in fairness I don’t completely understand the rules on JP like I do with STH. I like JP for the multiple challenging shots. There are so many different chord in comparison but I love STH for its simplicity. Obviously not simple but not as many technical shots. Huge fan of both themes. More so STH.

JP has made me a better but I just don’t find it as engaging. Once I have a better understanding of the rules I hope it will become better but I force myself to play it over STH.

#11342 2 years ago

I have both JPLE and Sth pro side by side... neither will ever leave and stranger things gets 5x the plays.

JP is a top 3 theme for me and stranger things theme is meh.

#11343 2 years ago

I sold my JP Pro to a friend a few days after getting my STH Pro. They’re both great pins, but I had JP for about 18 months and I felt like I’d had enough of it. STH just has a lot more mode variety. Every paddock on JP felt the same to me. Sure, you get the T-Rex modes and CHAOS multiball, but grinding through the paddocks is not fun to me. It’s hard for me to be objective when STH is new, and I’ve had 500+ plays on JP. I’ll know in a few years if I made the right decision.

One thing I do know: there will be a lot more Jurassic Parks on the Pinside market in 5 years, than Stranger Things.

#11344 2 years ago

Interesting to hear that feedback on JP vs STh. Thanks all!

Quoted from joetechbob:

Make sure you have the updated ramp cover from Stern and a fan on both flipper coils.

Ramp cover is there, I need to print the flipper coil fan brackets and wire up the fans though. I'm talking like 10 minutes of play tops, just testing though. I wouldn't expect them to heat up in that amount of time enough to go work working fine to not at all?

#11345 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Just curious....did you track your order from them? I bought a Translite for JP. It departed Zagreb (shows shipped abroad) over 2 weeks ago and that is the last update I have. All of my other international orders arrived in NY 1-2 days after departing their country of origin.

I live in UK so it shipped and delivered quickly, via DHL

#11346 2 years ago

Who is the best mod person to send my Hopper & Billy cars to get them wired up with lights? Thanks. I can't recall who's offering that service.

Also, what's the Stern fix-it kit I have seen mentioned? Is it something for the TK lock? I have the LE.

Thanks

#11347 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Interesting to hear that feedback on JP vs STh. Thanks all!

Ramp cover is there, I need to print the flipper coil fan brackets and wire up the fans though. I'm talking like 10 minutes of play tops, just testing though. I wouldn't expect them to heat up in that amount of time enough to go work working fine to not at all?

Have you pulled your ramp out from the wall?

#11348 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

Have you pulled your ramp out from the wall?

Yeah, pulled out and shimmed

#11349 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Pull the interlock switch out or close the coin door when in the projector adjustment menu.

#11350 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I'm talking like 10 minutes of play tops,

That’s all it takes sometimes.

Also, your bracket on the backboard could be slipping. I used lock tite on the screws that hold that in place once I got my adjustment right so it didn’t move after playing for a little bit.

Are you sure you’ve read the key post completely and done everything it suggests?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/227?hl=spinneraddict and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.