IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 449.
#11251 2 years ago

#11252 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Try putting on Titan low bounce flipper bands...they are slightly thinner than stock rubbers and feel great on STH. And oddly, I can hit the Demogorgan mouth with these far more often than the stock or regular titans (but I have no real explanation for that) oh and the glow in the dark ones look great!

Thanks for the suggestion and I’ll give them a try. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread like this so I’ll disappear for the next 9 months again and see how things go. Play on.

#11253 2 years ago

Haha no sweat man, that’s what these threads are for. Make sure you get the “low bounce” they have a few different types.

Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

Thanks for the suggestion and I’ll give them a try. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread like this so I’ll disappear for the next 9 months again and see how things go. Play on.

#11254 2 years ago

Don’t be a stranger! This is a safe place. Haha

#11255 2 years ago

I got the game in September 2020. A few days have turned into many months. Just trying to progress past TI1. Loads of fun but seeing everyone else’s success, I was trying something different.

Don’t feel too bad. I consider myself a fairly good player, and I’m finding TI2 to be really elusive. When I get frustrated with the chapter modes, I play a lot of Demogorgons and Demodogs to see how far I can get with those.

#11256 2 years ago

Your messages were a refreshing break from the usual posts about tweaking shit to get the premiums working right.

#11257 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Your messages were a refreshing break from the usual posts about tweaking shit to get the premiums working right.

I'll take the bait... but OH SO SATISFYING once you get it dialed in - such a cool effect with 3 balls on the wall!!

#11258 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

I'll take the bait... but OH SO SATISFYING once you get it dialed in - such a cool effect with 3 balls on the wall!!

Balls to the wall!

#11259 2 years ago

I find I have my best games when I focus on tearing through all the modes to get to TI2 and making sure I get 5 way combo along the way. Ramps and outer orbits all day, qualifying Demogorgon modes on ricochets as an after thought. If I shoot Demo straight on with intention it’s just begging for drains

Quoted from swampfire:

Don’t feel too bad. I consider myself a fairly good player, and I’m finding TI2 to be really elusive. When I get frustrated with the chapter modes, I play a lot of Demogorgons and Demodogs to see how far I can get with those.

#11260 2 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Question:
Has anyone ever tried doing a TOPs tournament on their Stranger Things?
I tried but couldn't seem to find the tournament settings in the latest code.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Was this ever answered? I have the tournament button installed but no way to start one. Thanks.

#11261 2 years ago

Got my TK lock dialed in last night. Thanks to chuckwurt for the tips! I think the key to getting it dialed in was getting the ramp pushed away from the wall and closer to the player. It catches 100% of the time now. Such a cool mech/lock.

#11262 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Got my TK lock dialed in last night. Thanks to chuckwurt for the tips! I think the key to getting it dialed in was getting the ramp pushed away from the wall and closer to the player. It catches 100% of the time now. Such a cool mech/lock.

This cannot be emphasized enough. Even with the new ramp cover, this is so important. Glad you got it!

#11263 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This cannot be emphasized enough. Even with the new ramp cover, this is so important. Glad you got it!

I was trying to do this on mine and going to shim it in back but got frustrated cause there was little access to put the shim in — do more things have to be removed to do that? Still having issues on mine

#11264 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I was trying to do this on mine and going to shim it in back but got frustrated cause there was little access to put the shim in — do more things have to be removed to do that? Still having issues on mine

I loosened all the screws on my ramp to allow the most movement possible.

Then I wedged this between the ramp and the back wall right at the left corner. Just a thin piece of plastic wrapped in electrical tape. Right under 11s head.

Then tightened the ramp back down.

2253B18C-A797-4FAE-9271-7729FB0E394C (resized).jpeg2253B18C-A797-4FAE-9271-7729FB0E394C (resized).jpeg75DBF115-1806-48DC-A2D2-6B9B5EA22BFF (resized).jpeg75DBF115-1806-48DC-A2D2-6B9B5EA22BFF (resized).jpeg
#11265 2 years ago

Anyone heard from Cointaker on TopperGate? I am guessing Stern will release the last batch of toppers with the UV kits, but I was told early June from Melissa when I ordered, figured I would see if anyone else had the latest news.

#11266 2 years ago

First time I got to spend real time on my friends LE.
The whole machine just feels more solid than the Pro ? Hard to say what it is might be different. The lockdown bar and flipper buttons feel really substantial if you get what I mean.
The projector I like but I still really dislike the acres of blank white that is showing much of the time ...the ramps mainly. TBF we weren't playing in total darkness but light was low.
Found the TK ball lock thingy a bit underwhelming if I'm honest. It cries out for some gee whiz light effects and dramatic stuff as its almost easy to miss it .
Obviously in an ideal world I'd like a Prem/LE ....but it also made me think I'm perfectly happy with my Pro

#11267 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

The whole machine just feels more solid than the Pro ? Hard to say what it is might be different. The lockdown bar and flipper buttons feel really substantial if you get what I mean.

I’ve always thought about this. The only thing I’ve been able to come up with is the powder coat. Seems silly, but games with nice powder coat, just feel more solid.

#11268 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone heard from Cointaker on TopperGate? I am guessing Stern will release the last batch of toppers with the UV kits, but I was told early June from Melissa when I ordered, figured I would see if anyone else had the latest news.

Last i heard from a different distro was building in July and shipping late July/Aug on Sth toppers.

#11269 2 years ago

Contemplating picking up a Pro. For those who have owned for at least 6 months, how do you feel about the game as it is now? Long term, does it have lasting appeal? Thanks everyone.

#11270 2 years ago

If you bring it home and you accomplish everything in the code within a few weeks of owning it, then sell it and buy something else. It won’t last in a small home collection. If you find yourself struggling to get to total isolation one you can probably keep it for the rest of your life. I see you own JP...if you can reach Escape Nublar then don’t buy STH. You’ll get real bored real fast.

Quoted from king_pin:

Contemplating picking up a Pro. For those who have owned for at least 6 months, how do you feel about the game as it is now? Long term, does it have lasting appeal? Thanks everyone.

#11271 2 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

I have owned my pro for over a year and it’s still fun and challenging. The code is fun, the shots are challenging, and the sound package is pretty awesome. If you enjoyed the series then that’s just icing on the cake. The one thing that usually helps a pin stay longer(in my small collection)would be the mini wizard modes and main wizard modes. This pin hit home runs with all the wizard modes so that helps its staying power for sure. It also helps they are not that hard to reach…at least the first few mini Wiz modes. So I say this pin is a great pro to own…but again that’s just my opinion.

#11272 2 years ago

Need to replace the mylar tape on the pf (middle demo ramp). Wich mylar tape i must use?

#11273 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Need to replace the mylar tape on the pf (middle demo ramp). Wich mylar tape i must use?

Any of them. Marco sells it by the sheet or any hobby store should have it.

#11274 2 years ago

It's funny, I feel like I can get so much farther on JP and I've only ever played it on location. I have yet to see any of the chapter wizard modes on Stranger Things but I have completed everything else. I'm obsessed with completing the modes though for the really high scores. I suppose if all I wanted to do was see the wizard modes I could do that but the score would be bleh.

#11275 2 years ago

Yeah the above poster is the first in almost two years that I’ve heard say the game is too easy.

#11276 2 years ago

Interesting, the wiz modes are where all the points are. What’s your high score?

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

It's funny, I feel like I can get so much farther on JP and I've only ever played it on location. I have yet to see any of the chapter wizard modes on Stranger Things but I have completed everything else. I'm obsessed with completing the modes though for the really high scores. I suppose if all I wanted to do was see the wizard modes I could do that but the score would be bleh.

#11277 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interesting, the wiz modes are where all the points are. What’s your high score?

The beauty of this game is big scoring opportunities are all over. I’ve gotten close to 800 million points from one trap em mode.

If you were to crush 4-5 modes in one ball, that could be worth 100s of millions from the scoring and subsequent bonus.

#11278 2 years ago

No doubt, I play for completion most of the time as I like to see everything the game has to offer. Playing everything available in the code typically results in pretty large scores. I also try to complete all shots in every mode but I always fall short (plus there’s no real reward other than score to finish modes) Anything under 1bil at this point I consider a weak game...I have plenty of them but I always push to beat myself.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The beauty of this game is big scoring opportunities are all over. I’ve gotten close to 800 million points from one trap em mode.
If you were to crush 4-5 modes in one ball, that could be worth 100s of millions from the scoring and subsequent bonus.

#11279 2 years ago

The real beauty of this game is that there are many ways to crush it. I call it a “broad” game, rather than a deep game. You could win a tournament just stacking Demodog with a multiball. Or you can decide you’re just gonna play Demogorgon modes. The Chapter modes are just one way to play it.

I’m probably different from most collectors. The first thing I ask myself is: “would this be good in leagues and tournaments?” Stranger Things is top 5 for me, by that measure. It’s not a long player, and the rules have some good risk-reward built in.

#11280 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anything under 1bil at this point I consider a weak game

Alrighty then.

#11281 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

2.1 billion mostly off bonuses and demogorgon modes.

#11282 2 years ago

Most definitely, I mainly bought the game for location/ tourney play. It’s perfect for that.

Quoted from swampfire:

The real beauty of this game is that there are many ways to crush it. I call it a “broad” game, rather than a deep game. You could win a tournament just stacking Demodog with a multiball. Or you can decide you’re just gonna play Demogorgon modes. The Chapter modes are just one way to play it.
I’m probably different from most collectors. The first thing I ask myself is: “would this be good in leagues and tournaments?” Stranger Things is top 5 for me, by that measure. It’s not a long player, and the rules have some good risk-reward built in.

#11283 2 years ago

Thanks for the input guys.

#11284 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

(plus there’s no real reward other than score to finish modes)

Yes there is. I think I already explained the end of ball bonus and drawings to you though.

#11285 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The first thing I ask myself is: “would this be good in leagues and tournaments?”

Same. The only way I won’t own a game is if it’s terrible for competition.

#11286 2 years ago

Yes, I said no benefit outside of score meaning you don’t unlock a super wizard mode by collecting them all or anything so the drawings are not important in regards to game completion. They definitely bring huge score rewards in Final Showdown and boost end of ball bonuses.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes there is. I think I already explained the end of ball bonus and drawings to you though.

#11287 2 years ago

If I got hung up on completing games, I wouldn’t enjoy pinball at all. But at the same time. I do like to have some kind of mini-Wizard like Cherry Bomb or Total Isolation or Bloodbath to keep me motivated. Aerosmith, for example, is great - but doesn’t have any mini-wizard modes, which makes me a little sad.

#11288 2 years ago

Arerosmith has 1 mini wizard mode achieved by playing all the songs without completing them all.

#11289 2 years ago

Hung up? Isn’t it the kinda the entire point to beat the game? I have a blast beating the shit out of these things haha.

Quoted from swampfire:

If I got hung up on completing games, I wouldn’t enjoy pinball at all. But at the same time. I do like to have some kind of mini-Wizard like Cherry Bomb or Total Isolation or Bloodbath to keep me motivated. Aerosmith, for example, is great - but doesn’t have any mini-wizard modes, which makes me a little sad.

#11290 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hung up? Isn’t it the kinda the entire point to beat the game? I have a blast beating the shit out of these things haha.

Not always. After beating GOT about 10 times, I haven’t tried to beat it in thousands of plays. Yeah it might happen anyway, but I’m all about the side quests.

#11291 2 years ago

My rule is I won’t sell a game unless I’ve accomplished everything in the game at least once. That being said I’ve had IMDN for quite a few years now haha. Still can’t get to the super wizard mode...I’ll prob be buried with it. Same with TSPP...that Super Duper extreme wizard mode is a real BETCH.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not always. After beating GOT about 10 times, I haven’t tried to beat it in thousands of plays. Yeah it might happen anyway, but I’m all about the side quests.

#11292 2 years ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

Arerosmith has 1 mini wizard mode achieved by playing all the songs without completing them all.

Ha, I guess I suck. I think of that as a wizard mode, since I’ve only gotten it once in 2 years. But I don’t time out modes, I play them out.

#11293 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My rule is I won’t sell a game unless I’ve accomplished everything in the game at least once. That being said I’ve had IMDN for quite a few years now haha. Still can’t get to the super wizard mode...I’ll prob be buried with it. Same with TSPP...that Super Duper extreme wizard mode is a real BETCH.

Have you collected all the drawings in this game, or scored a perfect doubled upside down mode I or II?

How about a perfect doubled save will mode or perfect doubled Mirkwood mode?

So much to do in this game outside of the main quest.

#11294 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Agreed. There don’t seem to be any obvious exploits on this game as far as I can tell and the risk/reward is pretty solid. Upside down is a pretty valuable hurry up right off the bat but somehow those drop targets seem extra drainy when it’s running. Same with Demodog. Lots of points there but the targets aren’t very friendly on my game.

#11295 2 years ago

Right? When I finally scored a billion I was moonwalking and doing the running man haha.

#11296 2 years ago

Hahaha. I would’ve loved to see that.

#11297 2 years ago

I was looking at those 3d printed coil coolers and was wondering if the power source has them running only during gameplay, or on all the time. Anybody know? Same with Pinmonk's?

#11298 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I was looking at those 3d printed coil coolers and was wondering if the power source has them running only during gameplay, or on all the time. Anybody know? Same with Pinmonk's?

Pinmonks run the whole time the game is on.

#11299 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Well said, and I think this is definitely one reason that people are coming around on this pin (as can be seen by the increase in values...I saw another LE sell for nearly $12k which is pretty crazy).

The rules on STh are underrated for sure. When you combine that with everything else the pin has to offer, it really is great.

#11300 2 years ago

I think the huge rise in market value on the premium/ LE can be attributed mostly to that fact that Stern stopped making premiums. So if you want the project you’ve gotta buy the prem / Le on the secondary market. Also prices of all LE’s went through f’n roof over the pandemic. Just insane.

Quoted from RobT:

Well said, and I think this is definitely one reason that people are coming around on this pin (as can be seen by the increase in values...I saw another LE sell for nearly $12k which is pretty crazy).
The rules on STh are underrated for sure. When you combine that with everything else the pin has to offer, it really is great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/226?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.