IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 449.
#11201 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

As above, I do have a loaded Tron pro to offer in trade. Granted it would take someone specifically wanting to add Tron to their collection but Trons with the mods and condition of mine aren't in abundant supply either.

Yeah that’s the kind of game it’s gonna take to pry one of these away I feel. If you were closer I’d consider it because as much as I love my STh prem, Tron is the only game I kick myself for getting rid of. God I miss that game!

#11202 2 years ago

I love this game so much i now want a LE even despite it not being "worth it".

The pro is a really solid machine... I have 9 pins and it is everybody in my houses #1.

now who's ready to trade

#11203 2 years ago

Here’s the advice I’d give a new buyer right now. If you can find the Premium for under $8700 (with UV kit), and you’re comfortable working on things, buy it - you won’t have any trouble getting your money back out of it. In hindsight, I should have done that too. But if you can’t find the Premium (that’s most of us now), get the Pro and put $2500 into QQQ or a weekend getaway. It’s totally fine without the projector.

#11204 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I played the Premium about 20 times

I’m talking about playing it 1000 times then go to the pro. It’s like the whole game is missing.

If you get used to the extra stuff, it’s obvious when it’s taken away.

#11205 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

When a game comes with a multiple page guide on adjusting a mech to within a .07" tolerance that almost requires the use of calipers -- not only in a horizontal but also vertical positioning.. I think that answers any questions about the possibility of Stern producing another run of Premiums.

I think you hit the nail on the head as there is definitely demand for the premium. I'm sure calibrating the projector is a PITA in the factory as well.

#11206 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m talking about playing it 1000 times then go to the pro. It’s like the whole game is missing.
If you get used to the extra stuff, it’s obvious when it’s taken away.

Okay, I won’t do that.
I think I know what you mean though - when I play a GOT Pro, it feels “wrong”.

#11207 2 years ago

Premium is the only way to go IMO on any machine. I want to play the game the way it was intended by the designers. I’ve never bought a pro and prob never will. STh is a perfect example of this. The TK lock is an amazing feature along with the projector and shaking Demagorgan. If you’ve got $5500 to spend I’m sure you can find a way to scrounge up another $2000 for the added features. It is not that hard to dial in the table. It takes a little patience and a bit of trial and error but oh so worth it. Just my opinion obviously but I just feel in the case of STh you lose way to much “settling” for a pro.

#11208 2 years ago

I played the pro pre-pandemic because it was the only model available on location at the time. I liked the pro and there was some good flow, but I didn’t think too much of it. This spring I played an LE with projector, shaker, and UV kit at a showroom and I was blown away. I had come in for a JP but STh was all that was on my mind after I left the showroom. Now I have an LE(still in its box until I move) and I’m super excited. The projector adds a lot and the uv kit is super immersive. Also, I think the shaker is well used in STh. Anyways, grab a prem or LE if it’s avail.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

So I'd like to hear fron owners how the pro and premium models diffee in terms of game play?... I know the premium has the projector but what are the other differences? Are the premium upgrades worth the extra $$ or is it a model where the pro is almost just as good?
Any insight and thoughts are appreciated.

#11209 2 years ago

You can backhand the lock shot on the left ramp on the Pro. It would be a very different game to me if I couldn’t do that. Sure, you can set up virtual locks on the Prem/LE, but then you don’t get the TK magnet - am I right about this?

#11210 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You can backhand the lock shot on the left ramp on the Pro. It would be a very different game to me if I couldn’t do that. Sure, you can set up virtual locks on the Prem/LE, but then you don’t get the TK magnet - am I right about this?

No, you can have both.

#11211 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

No, you can have both.

Ah, cool. So if it makes the wall, you get a physical lock, and if it misses you get the virtual. That makes sense. Same as Aerosmith.

#11212 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Ah, cool. So if it makes the wall, you get a physical lock, and if it misses you get the virtual. That makes sense. Same as Aerosmith.

Well.. except if you don’t get enough speed and it comes back down the ramp towards the middle. Right now I think that would happen every time I tried a backhand lock.

#11213 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Quoted from Mbecker:

Well.. except if you don’t get enough speed and it comes back down the ramp towards the middle. Right now I think that would happen every time I tried a backhand lock.

Needs to be a solid back hand for sure

#11214 2 years ago

If you’re interested in a Pro, this is the best gameplay video I’ve seen for it. This is the one that helped me make my decision.

IMO the Pro vs. Pre/LE discussion is academic if you don’t have the game yet - the Pro is the only one left to buy. It was my favorite pin until I brought home TWD.

#11215 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you’re interested in a Pro, this is the best gameplay video I’ve seen for it. This is the one that helped me make my decision.

IMO the Pro vs. Pre/LE discussion is academic if you don’t have the game yet - the Pro is the only one left to buy. It was my favorite pin until I brought home TWD.

Premiums still pop up, and if they're dialed in, better than NIB.

#11216 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Premiums still pop up, and if they're dialed in, better than NIB.

That, I definitely agree with! If I’d played a Premium that was working right, I might have made a different decision.

#11217 2 years ago

My left saucer is always hitting the right post and never going down the burn it back loop. I've tried bending it and twisting it and I'm afraid I'm gonna damage the posts if I pull it any harder. Should I keep going with it, or am I missing something? I was following chuckwurt 's instructions on youtube on how to adjust it. I managed to get it going back that way once, but it wouldn't go far enough down the loop and just came right back out. I increased the power and it switched back to going straight at the post.

I'm also a little concerned with the scratches I've left on the ball guide above the saucer eject. Will that harm the pinballs?

#11218 2 years ago
Quoted from robinmaypanpan:

My left saucer is always hitting the right post and never going down the burn it back loop. I've tried bending it and twisting it and I'm afraid I'm gonna damage the posts if I pull it any harder. Should I keep going with it, or am I missing something? I was following chuckwurt 's instructions on youtube on how to adjust it. I managed to get it going back that way once, but it wouldn't go far enough down the loop and just came right back out. I increased the power and it switched back to going straight at the post.
I'm also a little concerned with the scratches I've left on the ball guide above the saucer eject. Will that harm the pinballs?

Remember. You’re making an adjustment that the designer did not intend. It’s not perfect. I suggest loosening the nuts that hold the hood onto the posts, adjust and retighten. Use locktite on the nuts once you get it where you want it.

But the designer intended the ball to hit into the drops.

Wrap your pliers in tape or something so it doesn’t chew up that hood. Sand smooth again if you already scratched it up.

#11219 2 years ago

I’m thinking of changing the eject back, so that it gently hits the drops. Making it go through the BIB loop feels a little like cheating, especially when I get 2 BIB’s for a weak feed. I’ve also noticed that I tend to get SDTM drains when the ball doesn’t make it all the way around.

#11220 2 years ago

Yeah I bumped my EB for BIB to 20 for this reason. Cheating or not, it’s more fun.

#11221 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m thinking of changing the eject back, so that it gently hits the drops. Making it go through the BIB loop feels a little like cheating, especially when I get 2 BIB’s for a weak feed. I’ve also noticed that I tend to get SDTM drains when the ball doesn’t make it all the way around.

I had to adjust the left target on the right ramp so on weak BIB where it comes back hugging the rail it hits it and lands on the left flipper. For me all that meant was making sure the target was perfectly centered in the hole.

#11222 2 years ago

Hitting the bib loop is a better design imo- I don’t understAnd the desicion to have it just hit the drops - kinda boring .. you’re hitting those the whole game already

#11223 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I had to adjust the left target on the right ramp so on weak BIB where it comes back hugging the rail it hits it and lands on the left flipper. For me all that meant was making sure the target was perfectly centered in the hole.

Yeah, I’m having a hard time keeping that target fixed in place.

#11224 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember. You’re making an adjustment that the designer did not intend. It’s not perfect. I suggest loosening the nuts that hold the hood onto the posts, adjust and retighten. Use locktite on the nuts once you get it where you want it.
But the designer intended the ball to hit into the drops.
Wrap your pliers in tape or something so it doesn’t chew up that hood. Sand smooth again if you already scratched it up.

Ahhh! I didn't realize this wasn't intended!

What kind of sanding should I get to sand it back to smooth? (This is my first pin, and I've got a lot to learn!)

#11225 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Hitting the bib loop is a better design imo- I don’t understAnd the desicion to have it just hit the drops - kinda boring .. you’re hitting those the whole game already

I find the design of that saucer shot and the kick out just odd tbh. I’m not wild on it and I’m not convinced something more satisfying couldn’t have been done with it.
I adjusted it and sometimes it hits the BIB loop, other times doesn’t. I’ve given up worrying about it. As others said hitting it for BIB awards every time feels like cheating anyway.

#11226 2 years ago

It would have been cool if the scoop had a VUK that fed the left ramp return like Star Trek. The way it is does feel very odd and clunky. Strange design choice.

#11227 2 years ago

Funny. I like the way it's designed. I find it's the safest way to hit the drop targets without risking STDM. Mine usually drops the 2 farthest right targets. Never STDM that way.

#11228 2 years ago

The ramp is directly over the saucer, so they would have had to add a curve to the ramp to make a VUK possible.

#11229 2 years ago
Quoted from robinmaypanpan:

Ahhh! I didn't realize this wasn't intended!
What kind of sanding should I get to sand it back to smooth? (This is my first pin, and I've got a lot to learn!)

Sandpaper. Just get something that will smooth it out. Sandpaper is what I would try.

#11230 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Funny. I like the way it's designed. I find it's the safest way to hit the drop targets without risking STDM. Mine usually drops the 2 farthest right targets. Never STDM that way.

This is what Brian Eddy intended if others wanted it that way.

#11231 2 years ago

Mine kicks to the right of the target bank, halfway into the lane and the piddles back out to the flippers. Kind of lame...Any way to adjust that vuk to smack the targets?

Quoted from MrMikeman:

Quoted from MrMikeman:

#11232 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Premium is the only way to go IMO on any machine. I want to play the game the way it was intended by the designers. I’ve never bought a pro and prob never will. STh is a perfect example of this. The TK lock is an amazing feature along with the projector and shaking Demagorgan. If you’ve got $5500 to spend I’m sure you can find a way to scrounge up another $2000 for the added features. It is not that hard to dial in the table. It takes a little patience and a bit of trial and error but oh so worth it. Just my opinion obviously but I just feel in the case of STh you lose way to much “settling” for a pro.

IMO pro is the way to go on almost every machine. The designer designed the pros as well, they represent the purest most distilled version of the game. I’m a minimalist at heart and hate paying for “fluff” that potentially just makes the game less reliable. And the premium doesn’t represent the designers vision either since you don’t know what was cut from the BOM before making it to production... I’m sure Brian eddys vision wasn’t for grogu to stand there doing jack shit. The only difference in gameplay between the pro and prem in sth is that you can backhand the left ramp to lock a ball on the pro...

#11233 2 years ago

Pre vs. Pro is a religious debate.

I think a lot of it depends on what you plan to use it for. I like the Pro, because generally you can put it in a location and have less to worry about. I also like having moar pins.

If I ever pick up a Deadpool or Iron Maiden, I’ll go Premium. Maiden for the artwork, and Deadpool for the drops and ramp changes.

#11234 2 years ago

I have two spots in my lineup that will be rotators or location games. They will be new stern pros always.

#11235 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Pre vs. Pro is a religious debate.
I think a lot of it depends on what you plan to use it for. I like the Pro, because generally you can put it in a location and have less to worry about. I also like having moar pins.

I kind of wish that the saucer was coded so that during Tk multiball(and/or modes)it was used as a chance to hit a roaming drop target jackpot as a finish shot.

#11236 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think a lot of it depends on what you plan to use it for.

Or a game was for sale local enough to take a drive. Sure, you never wanted or played the game before and don’t watch the tv show it’s themed after. But you want something new to play for a while. Doesn’t matter what trim level it is since it’s not a long term keeper.

#11237 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If both parties use Zelle through BofA, there can be no chargeback.

Except you can only send $500 initially to a "new guy" you met, and have to wait to send a mere $2500 to someone you have transaction experience with.

#11238 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Or a game was for sale local enough to take a drive

That’s how I ended with with my GOTLE. It was listed for about $800 under MSRP, with the topper. Had 50 plays on it. It’s a long drive from Atlanta to Orlando, but it was totally worth it. I went back for his AS a year later.

#11239 2 years ago

More tinkering later, found another problem. The demogorgon opto isn’t registering. Spent a bunch of effort dialing in the shot only to discover the opto isn’t working! Ha!

Tested it by sticking my finger down the monster’s gullet and wiggling. I can see the red LED on the receiver turning off, but the game board doesn’t register the opto being tripped.

#11240 2 years ago

So I was having a bunch of bad games and decided to drop the flippers. The only way I was able to hit the right ramp and both orbits was to hit it off the tip of the flippers till it actually wore them out. After dropping them I can now hit these shots more regularly but the center shots and demogorgon shots are more difficult. Interested to hear any comments or advice on dropping the flippers by others.

#11241 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

So I was having a bunch of bad games and decided to drop the flippers. The only way I was able to hit the right ramp and both orbits was to hit it off the tip of the flippers till it actually wore them out. After dropping them I can now hit these shots more regularly but the center shots and demogorgon shots are more difficult. Interested to hear any comments or advice on dropping the flippers by others.

Sounds like it was a bad idea. I say put it back and learn to shoot better the original way. The right ramp/orbit is no gimmie. But sacrificing the most important shot in the game to shoot the outside shots easier, doesn’t seem like a good idea.

#11242 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like it was a bad idea. I say put it back and learn to shoot better the original way. The right ramp/orbit is no gimmie. But sacrificing the most important shot in the game to shoot the outside shots easier, doesn’t seem like a good idea.

Yeah that was pretty much my opinion which is why I asked. I’ll put them back and continue to have the game kick my ass.

#11243 2 years ago

Yeah that was pretty much my opinion which is why I asked. I’ll put them back and continue to have the game kick my ass.

Is your game leveled and at a reasonable slope?

#11244 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Is your game leveled and at a reasonable slope?

It’s level and the bubble is centered between the lines. I like pinball but pinball doesn’t like me.

#11245 2 years ago

Give it a few days, let yourself get dialed into the shots.

#11246 2 years ago

I usually play a different game for a bit when I'm clunking too many shots.

#11247 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Give it a few days, let yourself get dialed into the shots

I got the game in September 2020. A few days have turned into many months. Just trying to progress past TI1. Loads of fun but seeing everyone else’s success, I was trying something different.

#11248 2 years ago

Try putting on Titan low bounce flipper bands...they are slightly thinner than stock rubbers and feel great on STH. And oddly, I can hit the Demogorgan mouth with these far more often than the stock or regular titans (but I have no real explanation for that) oh and the glow in the dark ones look great!

I got the game in September 2020. A few days have turned into many months. Just trying to progress past TI1. Loads of fun but seeing everyone else’s success, I was trying something different.

#11249 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Except you can only send $500 initially to a "new guy" you met, and have to wait to send a mere $2500 to someone you have transaction experience with.

I paid for my STHLE with Zelle. The guy literally received payment on the spot while I watched it pop up on his smart phone. I added him to my list of recipients an hour or two before completing the transaction.

It was part cash, the rest on Zelle, but it was around $4k I believe.

#11250 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Try putting on Titan low bounce flipper bands...they are slightly thinner than stock rubbers and feel great on STH. And oddly, I can hit the Demogorgan mouth with these far more often than the stock or regular titans (but I have no real explanation for that) oh and the glow in the dark ones look great!

This is consistent with my experience as well. Love Titans on this pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/225?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.