IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 448.
#11101 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’m not close per se, but I have a Premium with all the bells and whistles and would be real tempted on that EHOH.

PM me lets discuss the possibility

#11102 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

OK so I don’t remember insulting this games mother but it has just been an absolute nasty bitch for about 2 months over here and I’m at a loss at what’s happened. I’m not Elwin or anything but at worst I’m an average player and this game has just turned into a drain monster. My average score was probably 150-200 mil the first few months I owned the game and got to TI about every 5 games or so but now I score over 100 mil maybe 1 out of 8 games. Outlanes are set to factory wide open and I haven’t touched the sling or flipper power at all. Every missed shot is a rocket to the outlanes or SDTM at 100 mph. Left sling-right sling left outlane. Right sling-left sling right outlane. Hit a target guarding the ramps square…goodnight. I’ve done all the orbit and saucer tweaks so there’s no issue there and all mechs are dialed in and the game plays great. Has anyone else run into this? Not complaining, still love the game. But if you’re slinking away to get relief by playing Stars and Rick and Morty something’s amiss
edit: damn it chuckwurt haha. I was composing this block of TLDR as you posted. I guess it’s me.

My first weekend I had this game I put up 450 million. I have tons of games where I barely get to 100 now and my scores are usually 200-ish at best. No idea how I got 450 other than I was hitting the orbit shots well. I didn’t complete any modes, but I started several.

#11103 2 years ago

I’ve had mine for a week now, did this on my 15th game or so haha. Factory settings 3 ball normal tilt...games a bit easy imo

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

My first weekend I had this game I put up 450 million. I have tons of games where I barely get to 100 now and my scores are usually 200-ish at best. No idea how I got 450 other than I was hitting the orbit shots well. I didn’t complete any modes, but I started several.

701748C4-B4D9-497A-80F8-16A6F6BD1856 (resized).jpeg701748C4-B4D9-497A-80F8-16A6F6BD1856 (resized).jpeg

#11104 2 years ago

What are you top 4 scores outside that?

#11105 2 years ago

I had previously only been breaking 1 bil on a good game with one score nearing 2 bil...this score reflects completion of everything in the game including all 7 stages of the wizard mode.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

What are you top 4 scores outside that?

#11106 2 years ago

Right on. A super challenging task would be maximizing all the modes along the way and crushing all the wizard modes and snowball. I can see 6-7 billion possible.

#11107 2 years ago

Also last night I almost did a perfect Upside down 2 mode with 2x scoring but missed the final shot. Still got 120 million from it though.

This game needs more high score spots badly. So many good modes to keep track of.

#11108 2 years ago

Oh totally that’s what I was going for on this game… I think I had three modes incomplete. It would be great if they would code a super wizard mode after the final showdown if you had completed every shot in every mode.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right on. A super challenging task would be maximizing all the modes along the way and crushing all the wizard modes and snowball. I can see 6-7 billion possible.

#11109 2 years ago

Would be a nice thing to get to, but the drawings are a good reward for doing that. I wonder how many drawings there are total? Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-30. I haven’t even gotten 11 in a game yet.

#11110 2 years ago

Now that I'm out playing in leagues and tournaments I'm not playing my machines as much as I was. I like to reset my games when friends come over as everyone likes putting their names on the leaderboards and I've only managed 500 mil as the GC in the last 2 weeks since the last reset and I've not seen TI1 yet lol. For me I can definitely get out of practice on a machine.

#11111 2 years ago

What happens when you collect all of the drawings? I had 14 in that last game (here’s the rest from that one 3bil game)

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be a nice thing to get to, but the drawings are a good reward for doing that. I wonder how many drawings there are total? Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-30. I haven’t even gotten 11 in a game yet.

600102A2-49E5-4F9D-A754-01CA07C9A148 (resized).jpeg600102A2-49E5-4F9D-A754-01CA07C9A148 (resized).jpeg617B84A3-6EDC-448F-B91A-B01AA78A27D1 (resized).jpeg617B84A3-6EDC-448F-B91A-B01AA78A27D1 (resized).jpeg7AC5FDE9-F083-43FB-9971-C206C12C595E (resized).jpeg7AC5FDE9-F083-43FB-9971-C206C12C595E (resized).jpeg9EDC7AFF-AAD8-41B8-88A9-74250C37E799 (resized).jpeg9EDC7AFF-AAD8-41B8-88A9-74250C37E799 (resized).jpegA70BDB68-74D7-4293-BE51-2A4B3820F219 (resized).jpegA70BDB68-74D7-4293-BE51-2A4B3820F219 (resized).jpegB6C1751C-C1F8-4FD7-8A45-993DDC76C582 (resized).jpegB6C1751C-C1F8-4FD7-8A45-993DDC76C582 (resized).jpeg
#11112 2 years ago

Mine just left my house, never got to my 1B goal but I did get to 600M with factory settings only so I will take it.
Fun game I enjoyed it, looking forwards to the other games I will be getting.

I'll stick around and help people with the TK when needed because I am a nerd and like to help.

enjoy Stth!

#11113 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What happens when you collect all of the drawings? I had 14 in that last game (here’s the rest from that one 3bil game)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got you beat by one combo champ. Haha

The drawings do two things. Add 10 million per for a bonus at the start of the final wizard mode. So you got 140 million at the start of final showdown for your drawings.

They also add I think 1-3 million each to your end of ball bonus

#11114 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

OK so I don’t remember insulting this games mother but it has just been an absolute nasty bitch for about 2 months over here and I’m at a loss at what’s happened. I’m not Elwin or anything but at worst I’m an average player and this game has just turned into a drain monster. My average score was probably 150-200 mil the first few months I owned the game and got to TI about every 5 games or so but now I score over 100 mil maybe 1 out of 8 games. Outlanes are set to factory wide open and I haven’t touched the sling or flipper power at all. Every missed shot is a rocket to the outlanes or SDTM at 100 mph. Left sling-right sling left outlane. Right sling-left sling right outlane. Hit a target guarding the ramps square…goodnight. I’ve done all the orbit and saucer tweaks so there’s no issue there and all mechs are dialed in and the game plays great. Has anyone else run into this? Not complaining, still love the game. But if you’re slinking away to get relief by playing Stars and Rick and Morty something’s amiss
edit: damn it chuckwurt haha. I was composing this block of TLDR as you posted. I guess it’s me.

When I get in these kind of ruts on a game, it means it's time to change things up a bit. I start with changing the pitch (either higher or lower) and checking the level left to right. I would also reduce the slingshot power, as this and many Sterns slingshots can be drain monsters at the factory setting. You could also consider changing the rubber, which would change the feel of the game (I am using Titans).

And if all else fails, definitely close up the outlanes before getting to the point that you get so frustrated that the pin isn't fun anymore.

#11115 2 years ago

If some are saying this game is too easy, and others are saying it’s too hard, then it must be just right.

#11116 2 years ago

Chisox give it a good clean and wax and see if it forgives you.

I found that after I did that on one of my games I was struggle bussing it played faster but I seemed to be hitting more shots and got back in the groove.

#11117 2 years ago

My theory is, as long as you trap and shoot religiously without ever flailing, all fan layouts are easy.

Quoted from swampfire:

If some are saying this game is too easy, and others are saying it’s too hard, then it must be just right.

#11118 2 years ago

Question for owners - how do you like in in a home environment?

Thinking of picking one up because i like the atmosphere of it, the fan layout, and the center ramp shot. Would love to hear others' thoughts.

#11119 2 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Thinking of picking one up because i like the atmosphere of it, the fan layout, and the center ramp shot. Would love to hear others' thoughts.

I recently got a Pro .Really enjoying it. The immersion with the whole sound and light package is fantastic - one of the best I'd say .The whole vibe just brilliant. Had some friends over and everyone was enjoying it - great excitement, lots of shouting and fun battling the Demogorgan. I would say the UV Kit and Clelands sound mod are a must.

Now when this was first revealed I was one of the Debbie downers, I was so disappointed it was a 2 flipper fan, that there wasn't more on the playfield , more quirky interesting stuff, ,just seemed a missed opportunity. But then I played a friends , and it was just so much fun to play, that I kind of got over the layout pretty quickly.

#11120 2 years ago

I have mine on location and likely won’t bring it home since I can breeze through most of the game. It’s deeper than it used to be but still nowhere as deep and engaging as IMDN, JP, DP, TSPP, LOTR etc. it’s good for some easy breezy flips but it’s not a serious players home game imo

Quoted from WildRover:

#11122 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

it’s good for some easy breezy flips but it’s not a serious players home game imo

Either you’re a top 100 IFPA player, or you’re full of baloney. This is more of player’s game than anything in my collection. I even find TWD ago be easier than STH.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My theory is, as long as you trap and shoot religiously without ever flailing, all fan layouts are easy.

Whenever someone says “fan layout” my eyes roll back in my head. Any 2-flipper game is a fan layout, by definition. Because what else would it be?

#11123 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Whenever someone says “fan layout” my eyes roll back in my head. Any 2-flipper game is a fan layout, by definition. Because what else would it be?

Haha yes, this. A "traditional, boring" fan layout, or something with shots that don't actually work.

#11124 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Either you’re a top 100 IFPA player, or you’re full of baloney. This is more of player’s game than anything in my collection. I even find TWD ago be easier than STH.

I tend to agree, but certain layouts can feel less like a fan with two flippers.

Deadpool comes to mind.

#11125 2 years ago

I’m a very good player but yes I understand your reaction to “fan” layout. Some are more obvious than others, STH being the leading culprit in this regard. I find two flipper games easier to shoot when you have the rudiments down pat. That’s all I’m sayin

Quoted from swampfire:

#11126 2 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

There is a ton of content, many modes and mini wizard modes, super fun. The first demodog mode is retarded, other than that I love the code.

#11127 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The first demodog mode is retarded, other than that I love the code.

I like this mode now, other than not knowing when I’ve actually finished it. Stack it with a multiball. Or spam the 2 targets under the demagorgon.

#11128 2 years ago

Not to mention the sounds for hitting the targets in that mode are fantastic.

#11129 2 years ago

Is the Premium still being made or pro only now?

#11130 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not to mention the sounds for hitting the targets in that mode are fantastic.

YES! I love that sound.

#11131 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is the Premium still being made or pro only now?

Pro only is the word on the street.

#11132 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like this mode now, other than not knowing when I’ve actually finished it. Stack it with a multiball. Or spam the 2 targets under the demagorgon.

Spamming the two targets is way too risky, and sure if you stack a multiball you might finish it but it’s still better to just focus on the multiball.

It’s just a bad design, way too many hits needed. They should have just made it that you should need to hit each target once with less time and you get a two ball multiball to hit the rest of the targets, like Martian multiball..... Or at least don’t have the mode deactivate the rest of the shots in the game, having to wait to time it out is brutal.

#11133 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

, having to wait to time it out is brutal.

People like us who know the rules will have an advantage in a tournament. It’s easy enough to avoid the shot to start DD until you’ve first started a mode. Yeah, you’re robbed of the ability to spot shots until you get it out of the way. But when that happens I just focus on the right orbit and left ramp.

#11134 2 years ago

I kind of wish that if you were one shot away from one of your first couple modes, then if you started DD it would also start the mode. Oh well.

#11135 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

People like us who know the rules will have an advantage in a tournament. It’s easy enough to avoid the shot to start DD until you’ve first started a mode. Yeah, you’re robbed of the ability to spot shots until you get it out of the way. But when that happens I just focus on the right orbit and left ramp.

I agree, I don’t think it’s a game breaker but it’s one aspect that is not great design or very well thought out IMO.

#11136 2 years ago

I just want to record for posterity that I passed on a NIB LE for 10,750, and NIB Premium for 8300. I’ll check back in a year to see how I feel about those decisions.

#11137 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just want to record for posterity that I passed on a NIB LE for 10,750, and NIB Premium for 8300. I’ll check back in a year to see how I feel about those decisions.

i don't see them skyrocketing like jjp pirates, but my money is on them both being valued at least 1 grand above that in a year. we shall see..

#11138 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Been offered 12k two separate times for my LE if I shipped it. No idea what things will look like in a year though.

#11139 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Been offered 12k two separate times for my LE if I shipped it. No idea what things will look like in a year though.

You were right to keep it--it's a great game and you're pretty much synonymous with the game on this forum now. It'll be interesting to see how values are affected when the next season comes out...although I have a bad feeling the new season will suck.

#11140 2 years ago

I would’ve sold it both times if it was local pickup. I’ll never ship. I don’t care what the price is.

#11141 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I have mine on location and likely won’t bring it home since I can breeze through most of the game. It’s deeper than it used to be but still nowhere as deep and engaging as IMDN, JP, DP, TSPP, LOTR etc. it’s good for some easy breezy flips but it’s not a serious players home game imo

Yeah, I feel similarly. The game seems easy, casual, but fun shooting. I mean, I can make the shots all day long and just halfway trying can reach Isolation. I find myself focusing on combos and enjoying the flow and not caring about score. Certainly not a difficult or challenging game.

I'm waiting for the much delayed Stern UV kit to arrive so I can then sell the game and get something fresh in its spot.

#11142 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would’ve sold it both times if it was local pickup. I’ll never ship. I don’t care what the price is.

Why not? Money gets wired to you. You don't release it for shipping until the money clears. If there is an issue with shipping, that's between the buyer and the shipping company. Zero liability on you.

I personally won't have a game shipped to me. I don't trust shipping companies at all. But if someone wants to buy a game from me and roll the dice with shipping it, that's cool with me.

#11143 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Why not? Money gets wired to you. You don't release it for shipping until the money clears. If there is an issue with shipping, that's between the buyer and the shipping company. Zero liability on you.
I personally won't have a game shipped to me. I don't trust shipping companies at all. But if someone wants to buy a game from me and roll the dice with shipping it, that's cool with me.

Agreed zero risk to the seller. I honestly rather sell to buyers that want it shipped, I don’t have to waste my time having a random guy come over and moving the game is a pain in the ass. STI does all the work for you and takes 5 minutes. My games are immaculate and when I sell I don’t hide anything so I know the buyer will be happy.

#11144 2 years ago

Any updates on the topper? Is July time frame still on the books? Hate no updates.

#11145 2 years ago

I don’t trust shipping companies. I also want to meet them person, have them play the game before we pack it up and make sure they are happy before heading off with it. That’s much more important to me than money.

#11146 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t trust shipping companies. I also want to meet them person, have them play the game before we pack it up and make sure they are happy before heading off with it. That’s much more important to me than money.

To each their own I suppose. I've had many people buy pins that wanted them shipped and they've all been happy as well.

#11147 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

To each their own I suppose. I've had many people buy pins that wanted them shipped and they've all been happy as well.

You got lucky imo. Hopefully you never have any issues. Not worth the risk for me.

#11148 2 years ago

OK my left orbit feed is annoying me a little.

Looking closely the post that drops to release the ball seems to clip it as it raises back up , this results in the ball being pushed against the ball guide , ricocheting back out so it never really hugs it. Then usually falls on to the left sling.

I think advice was to check level, or slightly lean machine to the left. Well tried that. No change.

Any other fixes to try ?

#11149 2 years ago

Add another spring to the post mech so it doesn’t come up so fast.

#11150 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You got lucky imo. Hopefully you never have any issues. Not worth the risk for me.

Hoping I got lucky with sti this time.. first time shipping a pin - Sth prem arriving today supposedly. The risk is def on the buyer. It’s tough to get games local if you are looking for something specific that most owners aren’t selling. Definitely prefer local when possible though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/223 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.