IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 448.
#11001 2 years ago

Was there a drive-in movie theater in the TV show? How does the projector tie into the theme?

#11002 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Was there a drive-in movie theater in the TV show? How does the projector tie into the theme?

He's talking about the in game projections with the Premium/LE

#11003 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No more, premiums are done. I’ve confirmed that with two separate distribs and add flippn out that makes three. I also heard they may just retire the title after this next run but I’m not sure about that. Some modders should figure out an affordable projector option for the pro, There’s money to be made there for sure

Heard that the license is ending soon so the next Pro run in August will most likely be the last.

#11004 2 years ago

About to pull the trigger on the pro. Can't find any of the Stern UV kits. Does anyone have the pinstadium kit? How is it?

#11005 2 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

About to pull the trigger on the pro. Can't find any of the Stern UV kits. Does anyone have the pinstadium kit? How is it?

Just politely tell your distributor that you won’t buy the game without the Stern UV kit. I know that Jason at Classic Game Rooms is making sure he has commitment from Stern for a UV kit for every STH he sells, so that’s one distributor you could work with.

#11006 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just politely tell your distributor that you won’t buy the game without the Stern UV kit. I know that Jason at Classic Game Rooms is making sure he has commitment from Stern for a UV kit for every STH he sells, so that’s one distributor you could work with.

Perfect. Will do

#11007 2 years ago

Nitro pinball had a pre order spot left for the Stern UV kit earlier today.

#11008 2 years ago

From what I understand the pinstadium UV kit doesn’t work as well with the code as the Stern kit.

#11009 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

From what I understand the pinstadium UV kit doesn’t work as well with the code as the Stern kit.

I have the Pinstadium/Things on my premium and it works really well with the game. pinstadium See the quick vid.

#11010 2 years ago

Interesting - I assume that ties into the purple GI string somehow. Stern’s UV kit comes with a node board, but that might just be for electrical isolation. I guess the main benefit to the Stern kit is the plastics and the spare apron.

#11011 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pinstadiums turn on when you enter the upside down and turn off when you exit the upside down. They also have a very nice effect when on and are a perfectly fine and cheaper alternative to the stern kit.

#11012 2 years ago

Where can i buy the lockdown bar?

#11013 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Interesting - I assume that ties into the purple GI string somehow. Stern’s UV kit comes with a node board, but that might just be for electrical isolation. I guess the main benefit to the Stern kit is the plastics and the spare apron.

The Pinstadium kit is only on and off. No effects like the stern kit has. No flashing during demo modes, etc.

#11014 2 years ago

Got the Camaro and Hopper from Lermods installed today. Decided to remove the mounting piece on the bottom and put a dab of hot glue on the wheels to put them on the lower ramps. I might move the Hopper further up - not sure yet. That leaves plenty of room for the wall in the corner and the DigDug later maybe. Thanks to C-Note for the advice on the middle arrow. Works really well tied in there.

20210618_213107301_iOS (resized).JPEG20210618_213107301_iOS (resized).JPEG
#11015 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Pinstadium kit is only on and off. No effects like the stern kit has. No flashing during demo modes, etc.

I’ll go back and watch one of your streams to see what other effects you’re getting. I know my Pinstadiums flash every time the UV GI flashes. You can see it at the end of the vid I posted just as it goes into Demogorgon mode. It would be nice to have the plastics from the official kit.

#11016 2 years ago
Quoted from Prophet:

I’ll go back and watch one of your streams to see what other effects you’re getting. I know my Pinstadiums flash every time the UV GI flashes. You can see it at the end of the vid I posted just as it goes into Demogorgon mode. It would be nice to have the plastics from the official kit.

Yeah, if it’s recreating all the effects then, the lack of plastics is really the main detractor. That and if you like pinstadiuns or not. I’m sure there will be no way to just get the plastics so if you want them your stuck getting the whole kit. Do they make that much of a difference?

#11017 2 years ago
Quoted from Prophet:

I watched a stream on FB and it was definitely not the same as sterns kit behavior. The owner confirmed it. But he could’ve hooked it up wrong, not sure.

#11018 2 years ago

here is a picture with the stern kit, it also has the image enhancing film on the drive in

stranger (resized).pngstranger (resized).png
#11019 2 years ago

Checking if any owners were considering letting go of a Pro before I order new. I'm in Canada so US owners would need to ship to Zip 59484. Please Pm if interested.

#11020 2 years ago

PHENOMENAL PINBALL MACHINE!!!! Especially when you change your flipper coils!!!!!! Go Pinball Life-LOTR flipper coils!!! Game is transformed!!!

#11021 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

PHENOMENAL PINBALL MACHINE!!!! Especially when you change your flipper coils!!!!!! Go Pinball Life-LOTR flipper coils!!! Game is transformed!!!

...or just install the PinMonk fans.

#11022 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...or just install the PinMonk fans.

Isn’t that setup kinda spendy vs cost of 2 coils?

#11023 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Isn’t that setup kinda spendy vs cost of 2 coils?

You don’t want or need stronger coils. You want coils that don’t get weaker the longer you play. That’s where the fans come in.

#11024 2 years ago

Anyone heard anything about toppers from cointaker?

#11025 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You don’t want or need stronger coils. You want coils that don’t get weaker the longer you play. That’s where the fans come in.

Speak for yourself.

I DO want (slightly) more powerful coils. I think these are just slightly on the weak side even when cool.

I've been considering going with stronger coils for awhile. I had them on a Mustang LE and it made a huge difference in how that game played. Way better.

And as mentioned, new coils are a lot less expensive than the fans.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11026 2 years ago

Which flipper coils did people around here upgrade to? I didn't even realize that was a thing.

#11027 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Which flipper coils did people around here upgrade to? I didn't even realize that was a thing.

I wouldn’t worry about that honestly

#11028 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone heard anything about toppers from cointaker?

I heard from Melissa a few days ago that Stern is still showing them arriving in June. And the UV kits as well. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but hoping Stern doesn't push it back again!

#11029 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I used the LOTR coils from pinball life. You have to cut the diode off though. Also, I dialed back the power in the settings a decent amount as at full power, they were way too powerful.

#11030 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I used the LOTR coils from pinball life. You have to cut the diode off though. Also, I dialed back the power in the settings a decent amount as at full power, they were way too powerful.

Getting the TK lock dialed in properly has also made a huge difference. I actually ended up turning down the power on the right flipper to 225, which seems to be perfect now - with the Pinmonk fans and the shims behind the ramp. More power than that and the ball sometimes flies off the ramp when the lock light isn't lit, and 225 is plenty of power to lock the balls on the wall for TK lock, for mine at least. Without the fans and shims, though, you need much more power in the right flipper and it's nowhere near as reliable.

#11031 2 years ago

I’ve got a good basis for comparison. I just finished a LOTR playfield swap, and I used the “medium strength” LOTR coils (you can get them on eBay). I’ll play it for few months to see if that’s a reasonable substitute for fans. With the stock coils (2004), people at my parties got mad because they couldn’t make the ramp for Destroy the Ring with a clean shot.

I can’t imagine wanting more power for STH (Pro version, at least). The ball already comes off the drop targets like a rocket, and I can make the ramps just fine. I just want consistency.

#11032 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep, definitely have to cut the diode off.

I had no idea that you had upgraded your coils on STh. Makes me even more convinced that I want to try this.

#11033 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, definitely have to cut the diode off.
I had no idea that you had upgraded your coils on STh. Makes me even more convinced that I want to try this.

I never mentioned it because it isn’t needed imo. And I only did it to the right flipper.

#11034 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I never mentioned it because it isn’t needed imo. And I only did it to the right flipper.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

#11035 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree that the right flipper would be the one to do, although I wonder if backhanding the TK lock would also be easier if the left flipper was done as well.

If you did it, and kept it, why do you think it isn't needed?

#11036 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you did it, and kept it, why do you think it isn't needed?

Because of how much I have to decrease the flipper power. I’m way under stock on that. If I had the stock flipper it would be fine at full power. I just didn’t take the LOTR coil out because I was lazy. Also did the coil before the fans.

Also backhanding that’s TK lock won’t happen no matter what imo.

#11037 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because of how much I have to decrease the flipper power. I’m way under stock on that. If I had the stock flipper it would be fine at full power. I just didn’t take the LOTR coil out because I was lazy. Also did the coil before the fans.
Also backhanding that’s TK lock won’t happen no matter what imo.

I assume you mean you can't backhand the TK lock with the magnet grabbing it on the backboard? I agree with that.

#11038 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I assume you mean you can't backhand the TK lock with the magnet grabbing it on the backboard? I agree with that.

Yes. You don’t need much power at all to backhand that ramp with no lock lit.

#11039 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. You don’t need much power at all to backhand that ramp with no lock lit.

When I backhand the ball, it often does not make it all the way up the ramp and falls back down, often SDTM. Even Karl was having this issue in his videos. A stronger coil would certainly seem like it would help.

And if the lock is lit, I still get credit for the locked ball even when not grabbed by the magnet.

#11040 2 years ago

Might have another issue with your game if you sometimes can’t backhand that ramp. It should never be an issue with stock coils even at reduced power.

#11041 2 years ago

Sorry if this was already answered...Are the Stern Inside Art Blades reactive with the UV kit?

#11043 2 years ago

Fixed the awful cabinet artwork on the pro.

3C5BB842-B231-4AE8-A373-52EB8E74CACA (resized).jpeg3C5BB842-B231-4AE8-A373-52EB8E74CACA (resized).jpeg
#11044 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Fixed the awful cabinet artwork on the pro.

I wouldn't say that's "fixed" exactly... LOL

#11045 2 years ago

Has anyone been able to successfully dial in your TK lock? I've fiddled with this thing a bunch and I just can't get it to work right. It goes up the metal arm and then dribbles back down. I also bought that Stern updated plastic cover kit. Didn't seem to change anything.

I think I'm going to have my wife take some slow-mo videos on her phone while I'm trying to hit it and see what happens.

#11046 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Has anyone been able to successfully dial in your TK lock? I've fiddled with this thing a bunch and I just can't get it to work right. It goes up the metal arm and then dribbles back down. I also bought that Stern updated plastic cover kit. Didn't seem to change anything.
I think I'm going to have my wife take some slow-mo videos on her phone while I'm trying to hit it and see what happens.

Follow the key posts exactly as described. Height of the arm may be you’re issue. Double check everything. It’s not really that hard honestly just takes a little trial an error. Once it’s dialed it’s money.

#11047 2 years ago

chuckwurt do you know the status of the toppers and UV kits ???? I don’t trust the distros answers or Sterns. Couldn’t resist. ; )

#11048 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Has anyone been able to successfully dial in your TK lock?

I had the same reject problem. What fixed it for me was pulling the ramp out from the back wall/toward the bottom of playfield. i slipped in a felt spacer between the ramp and the back wall under and slightly to the right of 11's plastic

#11049 2 years ago

I'll give it another go.

I was just more curious if dialing this thing in to work 95%-100% was actually possible, or if it's just a flawed design. If others are getting it to work well, I'll get it figured out. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

#11050 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'll give it another go.
I was just more curious if dialing this thing in to work 95%-100% was actually possible, or if it's just a flawed design. If others are getting it to work well, I'll get it figured out. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

Yes it’s possible. Did you follow the key post top to bottom?

I should probably add a part that emphasizes the need to stick something between the ramp and the back wall to push the ramp out more. That’s very important.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Minnetrista, MN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lutherville-timonium, MD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/221?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.