IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 448.
#10951 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Plasma disk has no place in this game. Makes no sense.

The entire art work on the playfield and backboard looks like a plasma disk (ie a portal to another dimension), how does it not fit?

#10952 2 years ago

Do you think the PinMonk fan kit is a must have for this title? I know it measured hot in his tests, but the ramps are pretty shallow, except the left orbit has a long trek across the back ramp.

#10953 2 years ago

Without @pinmonk’s fans, my 5th game plays very differently than my first game. This is most noticeable with the Demogorgon shot. I consider it money well-spent.

#10954 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Without PinMonk’s fans, my 5th game plays very differently than my first game. This is most noticeable with the Demogorgon shot. I consider it money well-spent.

The difference on a game like Stranger Things (the one that started it all with the coil temps) really is night and day if you've been playing without active cooling and then have it. Thanks for the mention! And I'll say the usual - if you play your pins for less than 30 minutes at a time, you likely do not need a fan kit. Most of the fade really starts after you've been playing a while. Usually about 30 minutes, but sometimes sooner. Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, and PotC/GnR are standouts in that you get fade pretty quickly, though.

#10955 2 years ago

So will we finally get our toppers in July?

#10956 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I'm going to say no.

#10957 2 years ago

Is Stern going to fix the issues with the Premium and do another run?

#10958 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Is Stern going to fix the issues with the Premium and do another run?

Going to say no

#10959 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

it's crazy that you are still waiting. I ordered my GNR topper yesterday(just released), let's see which comes first. If it makes yiu feel any better, I'm still waiting on a car that I ordered almost 2 years ago

#10960 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Plasma disk has no place in this game. Makes no sense.

Sorry Chuck, but I gotta disagree with you on this one. It clearly works to make Eleven's Telekinesis powers come to life. It even lines up with the graphic on the backboard and only comes on when her light triggers.

This was the one I bought, but that was over a year ago.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KBHPGB1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01
IMG_7776 (resized).jpegIMG_7776 (resized).jpeg

#10961 2 years ago

Sorry. Still not seeing it. Makes no sense to me.

#10962 2 years ago

This is crazy! Love it!

Quoted from nicoy3k:

What do you guys think? I intentionally made it a bit crude so it looks like a toy one of the characters from the show could have made.[quoted image]

#10963 2 years ago

Haven't seen a game that really interested me since I bought Houdini last year, until now. Stranger Things looks great, but it looks like I missed the boat on the premium and they are all gone. Damnitt!!

#10964 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sorry Chuck, but I gotta disagree with you on this one. It clearly works to make Eleven's Telekinesis powers come to life. It even lines up with the graphic on the backboard and only comes on when her light triggers.
This was the one I bought, but that was over a year ago.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Yeah, looking at the back image, goes well with the same kind of energy discharge from Eleven's fingers. Myself, I like! But when it comes to mods, it hugely depends on people's taste.

#10965 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry. Still not seeing it. Makes no sense to me.

It’s literally an animated version of the graphic behind it. I’m baffled by your take lol

#10966 2 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Haven't seen a game that really interested me since I bought Houdini last year, until now. Stranger Things looks great, but it looks like I missed the boat on the premium and they are all gone. Damnitt!!

Take a number!! Lol I, too, have the 'I-missed-the-boat-on-the-premium' membership card, lol

#10967 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It’s literally an animated version of the graphic behind it. I’m baffled by your take lol

1b0bda51579693ab6e35f589ca8538070b245c3b (resized).jpg1b0bda51579693ab6e35f589ca8538070b245c3b (resized).jpg
#10968 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It would look better if the art on the backboard was lifted 1/4" and chained individual LEDs were put in the pattern lines of the electricity coming off her fingers, then have then trigger in an animated way when lock is qualified, and the ball is locked or released. But I'm not sure how the TK lock would be affected with the surface moved forward a little.

#10969 2 years ago

Telekinesis has nothing to do with electricity, hence my confusion.

#10970 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I guess Stern artists just needed a visual aid for the backboard, and on-demand electricity shooting out of fingers rules so they went with that.

#10971 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As long as you don’t get the art either then

#10972 2 years ago

I dont get most mods, but oh well

#10973 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Take a number!! Lol I, too, have the 'I-missed-the-boat-on-the-premium' membership card, lol

I think they’ll be some Huo up for sale next year for sure by owners ready to move on.. only question is if they’ll be $8k or $11k.

Actually that makes me wonder, besides tron, have any other sterns (premiums) ran up a lot in price due to scarcity?

#10974 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's also not a real thing. lol

#10975 2 years ago

Yeah, Used EHOH prem shot up to about $9-$10k

Quoted from Mbecker:

I think they’ll be some Huo up for sale next year for sure by owners ready to move on.. only question is if they’ll be $8k or $11k.
Actually that makes me wonder, besides tron, have any other sterns (premiums) ran up a lot in price due to scarcity?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10976 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My question is, how come Eleven has to use her hand like Darth Vader sometimes? Heck, she flipped a van and broke an arm without using her hands.

#10977 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I had a chance to buy a NIB Premium for $8200, but I passed and got the Pro for $2400 less. That savings got me halfway to a nice TWD Pro that I just bought.

#10978 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My question is, how come Eleven has to use her hand like Darth Vader sometimes? Heck, she flipped a van and broke an arm without using her hands.

For effect. Haha

#10979 2 years ago

I don't usually post scores but this was such a rush I had to. Standard settings, tight outlanes on my buddy's premium. Scored poorly on Send it Back but finished Final Showdown and even got a super jackpot in Snow Ball!

20210616_103920.jpg20210616_103920.jpg
#10980 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

it's crazy that you are still waiting. I ordered my GNR topper yesterday(just released), let's see which comes first. If it makes yiu feel any better, I'm still waiting on a car that I ordered almost 2 years ago

Not alone either. I ordered my sth topper within a few minutes of it being available and still waiting too.

#10981 2 years ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

Not alone either. I ordered my sth topper within a few minutes of it being available and still waiting too.

Waiting on my STH Topper and UV kit as well. Also waiting on a tilttopper I ordered, since February. Makes Stern seem like a walk in the park....

#10982 2 years ago

Thinking about joining. Was scared away by the QC stuff. Spent way too much time futzing with AVLE back in the day (a game I loved), and don’t think I can do it again. Would have to buy used and dialed unless a new pro wouldn’t be an issue (?).

Are both the Pro and Premium problematic? Or is it one or the other?

Thanks.

#10983 2 years ago

Your game is going to need tweaking no matter what one you get assuming the previous owner didn’t already do the fixes.

#10984 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Are both the Pro and Premium problematic? Or is it one or the other?
Thanks.

Minimal problems with my pro. Pre/LE have more stuff, so more to tweak, but I haven’t read about anyone on this thread having issues they weren’t able to fix themselves. Zero playfield or cabinet issues that I’m aware of.

#10985 2 years ago

Ok there are A LOT of posts on here, which one is the definitive "fix" for the demogorgan? I can it hit, but not often

Its a pro if it matters.

#10986 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Ok there are A LOT of posts on here, which one is the definitive "fix" for the demogorgan? I can it hit, but not often
Its a pro if it matters.

Do a keyword search in this thread for the word spacers.

#10987 2 years ago

Search spacers

#10988 2 years ago

Looking for suggestions on which light or arrow to tie the interactive wire into for the Camaro and Hopper mod... Both tie into the same light, and will flash if the "parent" light flashes, and will stay lit if the parent light is lit.

What do y'all think would be the best light to tie into?

Thanks for any ideas...

#10989 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Looking for suggestions on which light or arrow to tie the interactive wire into for the Camaro and Hopper mod... Both tie into the same light, and will flash if the "parent" light flashes, and will stay lit if the parent light is lit.
What do y'all think would be the best light to tie into?
Thanks for any ideas...

I'm not sure exactly what you bought but I dont think the camaro should flash, that doesn't make sense to me. I have mine "on" all the time and ran the sensor into a GI light area near it under some of the plastic. And my Blazer roof lights flash all the time, but the headlights remain solid on, again I found a hidden area with a bulb that remains lit to put the sensor near.

#10990 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I'm not sure exactly what you bought but I dont think the camaro should flash, that doesn't make sense to me. I have mine "on" all the time and ran the sensor into a GI light area near it under some of the plastic. And my Blazer roof lights flash all the time, but the headlights remain solid on, again I found a hidden area with a bulb that remains lit to put the sensor near.

Okay thanks! I appreciate the tips. I bought the set of both the camaro and hopper from lermods.

#10991 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Quoted from palacekeeper:

Okay thanks! I appreciate the tips. I bought the set of both the camaro and hopper from lermods.

If you want the lights on all the time, place the sensor next to a GI bulb. Effectively, this is what our standard non interactive version does. A good gi bulb to use is one on the backboard where you can easily hang the sensor over the backboard and secure it down with some tape just next to the bulb. it will pretty much be out of sight.

#10992 2 years ago

Premiums?

Has anyone received from their Distro the actual production line schedule for Sterns? I just want to confirm wether more premiums are made or not.
Yes it has been mentioned here, many many times that the word is 'no more premiums' but I am being questioned by potential buyers and do not have much to go off of other than... not much really.

anything has been confirmed and if so, can you share the prod line schedule please

#10993 2 years ago

Per Zach at flip n out, no more premiums are being made. Talked to him about it a month or two ago.

#10994 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Per Zach at flip n out, no more premiums are being made. Talked to him about it a month or two ago.

yeah he also mentioned it on a video I saw recently... everybody is saying this except the buyers who do not want to pay up...don't blame them, If Stern is not making these anymore they should be marking them down as sold out maybe?
I am not sure if they do mark down the premiums as sold out before the pros...maybe that is not a thing...

I find it weird they would stop making just the premium and keep the pro, rumour has it that it was due to the problems with the TK and lazy owners not really tuning it up properly/not putting the time in and they do not want to support that as in dealing with the complaints, but not sure how much of that is true

#10995 2 years ago

No more, premiums are done. I’ve confirmed that with two separate distribs and add flippn out that makes three. I also heard they may just retire the title after this next run but I’m not sure about that. Some modders should figure out an affordable projector option for the pro, There’s money to be made there for sure

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Premiums?
Has anyone received from their Distro the actual production line schedule for Sterns? I just want to confirm wether more premiums are made or not.
Yes it has been mentioned here, many many times that the word is 'no more premiums' but I am being questioned by potential buyers and do not have much to go off of other than... not much really.
anything has been confirmed and if so, can you share the prod line schedule please

#10996 2 years ago

Nobody should have trouble selling a Premium for close to what they have in it, if they got it for MSRP. I guess this is location and country dependent though.

#10997 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

ZMeny could probably start a list and get a couple hundred Premiums presold and do an old-school Jersey Jack-style FlipnOut-only run now that the game has some strong interest and prices on the prems are going up.

#10998 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I find it weird they would stop making just the premium and keep the pro, rumour has it that it was due to the problems with the TK and lazy owners not really tuning it up properly/not putting the time in and they do not want to support that as in dealing with the complaints, but not sure how much of that is true

To be fair, the premium is quite a pain in the ass to get dialed in. I can only imagine the bitching stern and distributors got from customers...

#10999 2 years ago

Any projector mod on the pro would be a cruddy looking half measure. Even if you whited out all the same places and used the premium code how are you going to run the code for the TK lock post? If you used the pro code how would you sync the projector?

#11000 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Any projector mod on the pro would be a cruddy looking half measure. Even if you whited out all the same places and used the premium code how are you going to run the code for the TK lock post? If you used the pro code how would you sync the projector?

They said someone should do it. Not their problem on how it gets done. Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/220?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.