IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 449.
#10901 2 years ago

Any 3rd party making a projector kit for the Pro?

#10902 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

I'm not sure that's even possible. To make it work, you'd have to use Prem/LE software, which would likely render your game useless. Ever try installing the wrong code in a game? It ain't pretty.

#10903 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not sure that's even possible. To make it work, you'd have to use Prem/LE software, which would likely render your game useless. Ever try installing the wrong code in a game? It ain't pretty.

If you get the premium/LE UV kit, and stick it on the pro, you then have the gap to mount a projector. You could easily cover the existing artwork and put up some content, and have the lamp go on and off with the GI lighting maybe. You'd never have it integrated into code smoothly though. The existing configuration is casting a pretty wide image and mapping it onto multiple things not just the screen/ramp right?

Not worth it IMHO. Also: Yes I know the Premium/LE UV kit fits on a pro, because I did it

#10904 2 years ago
Quoted from JediMcMuffin:

If you get the premium/LE UV kit, and stick it on the pro, you then have the gap to mount a projector. You could easily cover the existing artwork and put up some content, and have the lamp go on and off with the GI lighting maybe. You'd never have it integrated into code smoothly though. The existing configuration is casting a pretty wide image and mapping it onto multiple things not just the screen/ramp right?
Not worth it IMHO. Also: Yes I know the Premium/LE UV kit fits on a pro, because I did it

You'd still have to use the prem/LE code to make the projector work with the game unless you're just projecting random crap on a screen, which is pretty lame. Just sell the damn pro and buy a premium if you decide you like the game enough to upgrade. If somebody actually DID come up with a projector solution, I can guarantee it'd cost you just about as much as it would to just swap out machines.

#10905 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You'd still have to use the prem/LE code to make the projector work with the game unless you're just projecting random crap on a screen, which is pretty lame. Just sell the damn pro and buy a premium if you decide you like the game enough to upgrade. If somebody actually DID come up with a projector solution, I can guarantee it'd cost you just about as much as it would to just swap out machines.

I dunno, prem price is creeping up. If they don’t make more I see it going to $9k while pros sit around $5400

#10906 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I dunno, prem price is creeping up. If they don’t make more I see it going to $9k while pros sit around $5400

I bet when season 4 gets released, it goes up. I only see about 1 maybe 2 a month, being listed per archive. $8400obo is marked as pending and I have users that PM me to ask if I will sell mine.

#10907 2 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Here is how to adjust your demo:
Change out the circled spacers to vary the resting height of the demo. (#20)
Add washers btw the bracket and the demo toy to tilt the demo forward, back, side to side, etc as needed to tilt the resting tilt/position of the demo, as necessary. based on the four holes and screws, you can adjust your shims/washers to tilt it just about any way you need to.
U can use the elastic band method to figure out where it needs to be, or use a slow motion camera to see where it is hanging up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So I’ve got about 50 plays on my new premium. I have yet to make a single shot into the demogorgans mouth. I see this key post quoted above.

It says add washers “btw” the bracket....what is btw?

What is “the elastic band method”?

Do you have to completely remove him. To get to those washers/spacers?

Any tips here would be super helpful. Thanks!

#10908 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So I’ve got about 50 plays on my new premium. I have yet to make a single shot into the demogorgans mouth. I see this key post quoted above.
It says add washers “btw” the bracket....what is btw?
What is “the elastic band method”?
Do you have to completely remove him. To get to those washers/spacers?
Any tips here would be super helpful. Thanks!

Btw is between.

Don't worry about the elastic band method. It was an early fix. Adjusting the height via the spacers is the way to go. Also remove the spacer on the one way gate under the demogorgon chin.

Yes you have to completely remove it to do the fix. It's not that hard and don't put the top playfield screw back in when you put it back together. The two lock nuts under the playfield are more than enough. Makes it easier to take out if you need to adjust it some more.

If it looks like yours is hitting low start by just removing the spacers under the demo completely as well as the one on the one way gate. That will likely resolve it. You can tweak from there by raising it some with washers if you think you need to.

If it is hitting high add washers under the spacers to increase the height until you make it reliably

#10909 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips. Why remove the spacer under the one way gate?

#10910 2 years ago

because once you remove the 2 spacers lowering the demogorgon that spacer on the one way gate will tilt it backwards. You don't want that. I can see no reason for that spacer on the one way gate in any configuration. The demogorgon is designed to center itself after being hit.

#10911 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

because once you remove the 2 spacers lowering the demogorgon that spacer on the one way gate will tilt it backwards. You don't want that. I can see no reason for that spacer on the one way gate in any configuration. The demogorgon is designed to center itself after being hit.

I had removed the 2 spacers and was still hardly able to get it in the mouth. Didnt think about removing the spacer on the one way gate, so i gave it a shot. I now kill pretty much every demogorgan by hitting it in the mouth. Huge difference, thanks!

#10912 2 years ago

I only removed my chin spacer. That’s all mine needed.

#10913 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

D25D6034-71BE-4BD3-B024-93CD425423E7 (resized).pngD25D6034-71BE-4BD3-B024-93CD425423E7 (resized).png
#10914 2 years ago

Trying to remove this demogorgan head. What’s the best way to get to that screw on his bracket on the topside of the playfield? Do I have to completely remove the left ramp? Seems difficult to remove with the TK lock diverter there.

#10915 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Trying to remove this demogorgan head. What’s the best way to get to that screw on his bracket on the topside of the playfield? Do I have to completely remove the left ramp? Seems difficult to remove with the TK lock diverter there.

Not hard at all. Take off the second half of the ramp so you can slide it out of the way, remove some plastics from that area and you’ll be able to get to that screw. Then leave that screw in the coin box when putting the demo back in. Will make for easier troubleshooting in the future if needed.

#10916 2 years ago

I removed the spacers and the chin bumper/spacer. Ball goes in the hole super easy now. Only problem is a ball will get trapped under him on the left side, in front of him. Under one of his “flower petals” for lack of a better term. It kicks loose when the coil fires to make him move.

I’m thinking I either need to remove him again and add a thin washer or two to raise him a hair. Or I need to sand down a bit of material under that part the ball it’s catching on.

Anyone run into this when removing the spacers?

#10917 2 years ago

Put a small washer in to raise it a hair.

#10918 2 years ago

2 washers on each side worked well for me.

#10919 2 years ago

We just got a new Pro model and we noticed that whenever the ball is released out of the left orbit, the ball falls directly on the slingshot and bounces back and forth for a bit. Is this normal? In videos I’ve seen online, it doesn’t seem nearly as bad. Not sure what I should do to remedy it.

Anybody else encounter this? It makes for a really difficult experience since you don’t have control of the ball after activating the demogorgan.

- - -

On a brighter note, the demogorgan shot is PERFECT right out of the box. Seems like a lot of people have had issues with this, but everybody has been able to make it consistently.

#10920 2 years ago

Got these back from the powder coater the other day. Prismatic Powder Candy Grape II

20210610_153737 (resized).jpg20210610_153737 (resized).jpg20210610_153751 (resized).jpg20210610_153751 (resized).jpg20210613_212742 (resized).jpg20210613_212742 (resized).jpg20210613_212755 (resized).jpg20210613_212755 (resized).jpg20210613_212801 (resized).jpg20210613_212801 (resized).jpg
#10921 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

We just got a new Pro model and we noticed that whenever the ball is released out of the left orbit, the ball falls directly on the slingshot and bounces back and forth for a bit. Is this normal? In videos I’ve seen online, it doesn’t seem nearly as bad. Not sure what I should do to remedy it.
Anybody else encounter this? It makes for a really difficult experience since you don’t have control of the ball after activating the demogorgan.
- - -
On a brighter note, the demogorgan shot is PERFECT right out of the box. Seems like a lot of people have had issues with this, but everybody has been able to make it consistently.

#10922 2 years ago

Yesss you’re a life saver! Thank you!
EDIT: These fixes worked perfect!

#10923 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

- - -

The newer run pro at a local place near me is great out of the box on that demo shot as well. The ones I played right before covid hit were darn near impossible.

#10924 2 years ago

About to pick one up from February 2020 , guy says he can hit the shot no issue we shall see .

What’s the consensus on the pinstadium UV lights vs factory kit ?

#10925 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

About to pick one up from February 2020 , guy says he can hit the shot no issue we shall see .

I have the Pinstadiums on mine (came with) and they work to a nice effect. All the playfield artwork appears, the ramps glow and you know you're in the upside down mode.

I do have the Stern kit paid and ordered and waiting I guess until sometime in July.

#10926 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Only buy Pinstadium if the stock kit isn’t possible.

#10927 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Only buy Pinstadium if the stock kit isn’t possible.

Yeah I can order the stock one who knows when though !?

#10928 2 years ago

Stern UV kits are supposed to ship in July.

#10929 2 years ago

Anyone here if the toppers will ship in July? Sucks waiting 3 months if it ships in July even. Paid in full in April.

#10930 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Yes. Yes. And you can install the premium kit in the pro.
You’ll need to add lights to light up those corners like the premium/LE though if you want them to light up on the pro.

Any reason not to order the premium/LE version of the kit if you have a pro ?

#10931 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Nope!

#10932 2 years ago

What do you guys think? I intentionally made it a bit crude so it looks like a toy one of the characters from the show could have made.

C4666C3D-BFE2-4A55-A492-2ED456D8696D (resized).jpegC4666C3D-BFE2-4A55-A492-2ED456D8696D (resized).jpeg
#10933 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I get more Lazarus balls with the plastic apron. Seriously, it bounces back out once in a while.

#10934 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What do you guys think? I intentionally made it a bit crude so it looks like a toy one of the characters from the show could have made.[quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#10935 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Stern UV kits are supposed to ship in July.

I have a topper and uv kit on order and should be here by Aug 1

#10936 2 years ago

does anyone know where I can get a plasma disk mod?

#10937 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hi, we don't officially offer them for Stranger Things, but I have made them for people who have asked. The problem is sourcing the discs, white is very hard to find and I typically don't like buying them from international sellers as the quality can be spotty. My current supplier does not currently have white, only RGB, which we use for the MBR mod. If you can find a white disk (or another color you want), you can have it sent to me and I'll mod it for you.

#10938 2 years ago

Just picked up a Stranger Things and the bright white GI bulbs are kind of a vibe killer. Anyone replace with daylight or warm white comet? Open to colored options in a few areas but don’t want to purp bomb it haha. Lmk what you did with yours! Thanks all!

#10939 2 years ago

I’m normally the first one to swap in warm white bulbs, but the cool white works for me with how blue the playfield is. You can turn down the GI brightness. I also replaced the factory purple GI with cool white in the slings and lane guides.

PinMonk’s red/orange insert brackets are the first thing anyone should install, they look amazing and his shop pics don’t do them justice:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03821-stranger-things-fire-brackets-set

#10940 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just picked up a Stranger Things and the bright white GI bulbs are kind of a vibe killer. Anyone replace with daylight or warm white comet? Open to colored options in a few areas but don’t want to purp bomb it haha. Lmk what you did with yours! Thanks all!

I switched three backboard bulbs to blue (three on the right).

#10941 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hi, we don't officially offer them for Stranger Things, but I have made them for people who have asked. The problem is sourcing the discs, white is very hard to find and I typically don't like buying them from international sellers as the quality can be spotty. My current supplier does not currently have white, only RGB, which we use for the MBR mod. If you can find a white disk (or another color you want), you can have it sent to me and I'll mod it for you.

Thanks, any tips on where to find a white one?

#10942 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks, any tips on where to find a white one?

Check Amazon or eBay. You can try to order from China off eBay, takes a while and quality can be spotty.

#10943 2 years ago

Nice, I’ll try dialing it back before ordering other bulbs.

Quoted from swampfire:

I’m normally the first one to swap in warm white bulbs, but the cool white works for me with how blue the playfield is. You can turn down the GI brightness. I also replaced the factory purple GI with cool white in the slings and lane guides.
PinMonk’s red/orange insert brackets are the first thing anyone should install, they look amazing and his shop pics don’t do them justice:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03821-stranger-things-fire-brackets-set

Right on, I might do something similar. It’s oddly bright back there...especially for such an eerie theme

Quoted from nicoy3k:

I switched three backboard bulbs to blue (three on the right).

#10944 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I got mine off Amazon and sent it to Lermods to mod it. Works off a light trigger which I put near the plastic behind Eleven, so when that light goes off, so does the plasma disc. It has a plastic belt loop attachment that fits perfectly over the plastic already there, so no permanent mounting.

#10945 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:I got mine off Amazon and sent it to Lermods to mod it. Works off a light trigger which I put near the plastic behind Eleven, so when that light goes off, so does the plasma disc. It has a plastic belt loop attachment that fits perfectly over the plastic already there, so no permanent mounting.

Love to see a pic and link to the one you bought (unless they are generally a standard size??)

#10946 2 years ago

This pink one looks pretty cool

AUSUKY Mini Pocket Plasma Disk Sensor Lighting Plate Home Disco Party Decor (Pink) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BX3ZQ3Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_3JY37KWPW1HV6MZDJ6B8

#10947 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This pink one looks pretty cool
AUSUKY Mini Pocket Plasma Disk Sensor Lighting Plate Home Disco Party Decor (Pink) amazon.com link »

those will work, just will take a month or two to arrive and you have to hope it works as it's coming from China. If you want me to mod it, just let me know, not too expensive to do it.

#10948 2 years ago

Any pics of this "plasma disk" installed? Where does it mount?

#10949 2 years ago

Plasma disk has no place in this game. Makes no sense.

#10950 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Plasma disk has no place in this game. Makes no sense.

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing. These insert brackets for Burn It Back and 2X scoring, the other hand, are on-fleek.

170ABF1B-80E2-4945-817E-1A2AE862B587 (resized).jpeg170ABF1B-80E2-4945-817E-1A2AE862B587 (resized).jpeg25C31561-6CA0-4080-9262-E9886AC9489B (resized).jpeg25C31561-6CA0-4080-9262-E9886AC9489B (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.