IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,396 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 448.
#10851 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just joined the club with a Premium.
Curious as to what people are doing more. Art blades or mirror blades? I have art blades on some of my games and mirrors on others. I'm leaning towards mirrors on this one because it's not the brightest game in town. Thoughts? Pics?

I used to only use mirrors on all of my games...then I started switching to artwork after Houdini. I LOVE the Tilt graphics blades!! The game is pretty dark, but so is/was the show. Having that forest scenery with the demogorgon creeping around is epic IMO. Saying that, I would love to see pics of mirror blades (both silver and black)

#10852 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

No this didn’t fix the issue. It was a quick fix and after a few plays I got the same issue. I talked to my distributor and they sent a new opto. Haven’t had an issue since.

Thanks. Was it the opto transmitter on the right or the receiver on the left side of the ramp? I replaced the right opto but problem persists ):

Just curious and will try Stern support either way now. thanks

#10853 2 years ago

Replace both of them. Not sure why you would only replace one.

#10854 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just joined the club with a Premium.
Curious as to what people are doing more. Art blades or mirror blades? I have art blades on some of my games and mirrors on others. I'm leaning towards mirrors on this one because it's not the brightest game in town. Thoughts? Pics?

Here’s a few pics of mine with mirror blades.

8337958B-1A3B-4902-B38F-334845DEC8D3 (resized).jpeg8337958B-1A3B-4902-B38F-334845DEC8D3 (resized).jpegB9849C02-6986-4ECA-A032-1A562ECDDB07 (resized).jpegB9849C02-6986-4ECA-A032-1A562ECDDB07 (resized).jpegEBD2504B-EA72-495D-9AB5-606638851659 (resized).jpegEBD2504B-EA72-495D-9AB5-606638851659 (resized).jpeg
#10855 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks. Was it the opto transmitter on the right or the receiver on the left side of the ramp? I replaced the right opto but problem persists ):
Just curious and will try Stern support either way now. thanks

Stern sent me both sides and I just replaced them both.

#10856 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Replace both of them. Not sure why you would only replace one.

because the red light goes out only on the one Chuck.

#10857 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Stern sent me both sides and I just replaced them both.

will do thanks!

#10858 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

because the red light goes out only on the one Chuck.

I would’ve replaced both anyway. Let us know how it goes after replacing the other. Optos are annoying if they start acting weird.

#10859 2 years ago

with all these car mods on this game you would have thought that someone would have made a hawkins van that you can mount upside down on the top of the left ramp

#10860 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

with all these car mods on this game you would have thought that someone would have made a hawkins van that you can mount upside down on the top of the left ramp

I have Joyce’s green Ford Pinto - I need to decide where to mount it.

#10861 2 years ago

I haven’t seen Replicades mentioned here yet. These 1/6 scale (12” tall) replicas sell for $130 on release, then go for $400-600 on eBay a few months after they sell out. Anyway, I thought 2-3 of these would make a cool topper for STH. I snagged an Asteroids today, and pre-ordered the change machine at sideshow.com.

https://newwavetoys.com/products/1943-x-replicade-overhaul-edition
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/replitronics-usb-charge-machine-new-wave-toys-905900

#10862 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I haven’t seen Replicades mentioned here yet. These 1/6 scale (12” tall) replicas sell for $130 on release, then go for $400-600 on eBay a few months after they sell out. Anyway, I thought 2-3 of these would make a cool topper for STH. I snagged an Asteroids today, and pre-ordered the change machine at sideshow.com.
https://newwavetoys.com/products/1943-x-replicade-overhaul-edition
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/replitronics-usb-charge-machine-new-wave-toys-905900

If I didn't have the official topper I'd totally do this. I have some of those. I have DL and Asteroids, and 1942 & 1943 are on order.

#10863 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If I didn't have the official topper I'd totally do this. I have some of those. I have DL and Asteroids, and 1942 & 1943 are on order.

How were you able to order 1942 and 1943? I subscribed last week, but they haven’t sent me info on ordering. BTW I’m super envious of this guy’s collection:

#10864 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How were you able to order 1942 and 1943? I subscribed last week, but they haven’t sent me info on ordering. BTW I’m super envious of this guy’s collection:

There was a pre-order window for previous customers in early March. Bought both cabs and also a spare for my kids or re-sale if they don't want it.

I also bought the SFII one but gave it to one of my kids last XMas.

I also have a spare NIB Asteroids that I was thinking of throwing on eBay in late fall.

#10865 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I also have a spare NIB Asteroids that I was thinking of throwing on eBay in late fall.

Yeah, I just paid $200 (shipped) for mine. I’m sure by October they’ll be $400+ too.

#10866 2 years ago

Regarding the UV kit— what is the purpose of the extra plastics that come with it? Is there a uv ink layer on them that’s not on the regular ones? And the new arch adds more uv light strips- is that true?

I’m wondering about the difference between this kit and the pin stadium one that my prem is coming with

#10867 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Regarding the UV kit— what is the purpose of the extra plastics that come with it? Is there a uv ink layer on them that’s not on the regular ones? And the new arch adds more uv light strips- is that true?
I’m wondering about the difference between this kit and the pin stadium one that my prem is coming with

Yes and yes.

#10868 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

There’s UV art on the plastics. Change to them.

#10869 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I just found out too that the Pinstadium kit just comes on and off. It’s not directly synced to moments of the game like the stock kit. So it doesn’t flash in demo modes or when you make shots in the upside down.

Even more reason to get the stock kit.

#10870 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just found out too that the Pinstadium kit just comes on and off. It’s not directly synced to moments of the game like the stock kit. So it doesn’t flash in demo modes or when you make shots in the upside down.

Wow, that's pretty lame.

The Stern kit is synchronized perfectly!

#10871 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow, that's pretty lame.
The Stern kit is synchronized perfectly!

Yeah. I could’ve sworn the Pinstadium kit plugged into the same board as the stern kit does and performs the exact same. Then I saw a stream with one installed, and it’s definitely not the same.

#10872 2 years ago

That stinks no way to just get the plastics anyway.. yeah, I guess once the uv kits are in stock again I’ll have to pick one up

#10873 2 years ago

Re mirror blades...I have black mirrors installed. Here is a short clip.

#10874 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pinstadium kit came installed on my pro. It's the UV only version and yes, it turns on and off with the Upside Down mode. Looks fantastic though and it's a fine option for anyone who cannot find the UV kit or want a less expensive alternative to the Stern kit.

#10875 2 years ago

Does the UV kit replace the apron? If so, is it metal for the premium/LE? Does it still have the lighting in the corner/sides of the apron like the premium/LE apron?

#10876 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does the UV kit replace the apron? If so, is it metal for the premium/LE? Does it still have the lighting in the corner/sides of the apron like the premium/LE apron?

Yes. Yes. Yes. And you can install the premium kit in the pro.

You’ll need to add lights to light up those corners like the premium/LE though if you want them to light up on the pro.

#10877 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Yes. Yes. And you can install the premium kit in the pro.
You’ll need to add lights to light up those corners like the premium/LE though if you want them to light up on the pro.

Ok cool. Thanks. I have a premium. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to be giving up the metal apron and lights in the corners if I got a UV kit.

#10878 2 years ago

Does stern make extra LE back glasses or are they literally 1 for 1 with machines and if you break yours accidentally you’re screwed?

#10879 2 years ago

Ok the illuminated drop target mod is an absolute must for the pro. It looks so amazing in real life that photos don’t do it justice. The mod is sold out on Mezel but it’s very easy to DIY.

Clear drops:

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/drop-target-stern-p-48.html

^ Crap looks like they just went out of stock here, I think Mr_Tantrum is offering some too

Light strip

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/lighting-strips?_pos=3&_sid=4637cd84f&_ss=r

^ I went with 8 inch frosted blue

Quick connect bulb

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/quick-connects?_pos=11&_sid=4637cd84f&_ss=r

^ just replace the white GI bulb under right ramp with this, you can easily unscrew the bulb socket from under the PF

Full instructions on how to switch out the drops here:

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042477414-Illuminated-Drop-Target-STRAN-PRO
0A9044D3-1093-4AE3-8D90-68CC548D878D (resized).jpeg0A9044D3-1093-4AE3-8D90-68CC548D878D (resized).jpeg

#10880 2 years ago

Mirrors on the Pro.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10881 2 years ago

Are the sherrif's hopper and Billy's camaro mods still available? If so, where is the best place to order them? I saw a few sites online that look like they used to have them but are out of stock. thx.

#10882 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I had heard the same. Then I heard that they are planning a run in Q1 2022. Not sure what one is correct.

Just saw my dealer today and he confirmed one more run of pro’s only.

#10883 2 years ago
Quoted from BMSPEED:

You sure he didn't say Premium? (Wishful thinking..)

#10884 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You sure he didn't say Premium? (Wishful thinking..)

Just buy my LE when I decide to sell it!

#10885 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just buy my LE when I decide to sell it!

Just say the word! Lol I know yours is fully dialed in, bonus!

#10886 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would’ve replaced both anyway. Let us know how it goes after replacing the other. Optos are annoying if they start acting weird.

Intermittent Demogorgan hits registering: SOLVED
I have an update with good news! Pablo at Stern support got back to me with the attached pdf. He was super responsive and helpful! He said that this has been a common problem and has either been bad optos (which some on this board have experienced too) or been that the Ramp UP and DOWN switches are not triggering properly. If the game doesn't know the ramp is DOWN then the demo screen ramp optos are disabled. Turns out my ramp switches were both problematic. The DOWN switch was not being triggered when the ramp was fully down on the playfield. Only just as the ramp would be triggered to go back UP was the DOWN switch triggering. Problem two was that the UP switch was not triggering at all in any position. So with needle nose pliers I adjusted both the Down and Up switches so they would both trigger correctly (took a few times to get them both right with playfield up and down etc). Attached the pdf from Stern support and before and after pics of the switches (you can see where I gently bent them). So far, this appears to have solved the issue! I will play more next few days and let you know if any issues resurface.
chuckwurt I'd suggest a key post on this given its been an issue for others.
Thanks again!
Mike

20210609_124748 (resized).jpg20210609_124748 (resized).jpg20210609_125735 (resized).jpg20210609_125735 (resized).jpgRamp Adjusment.pdfRamp Adjusment.pdf

#10887 2 years ago

Awesome! I cannot make key posts.

PinMonk can you?

#10888 2 years ago

I had to adjust those switches when I got my game because both arms were bent and not making contact. Prior owner thought it was a bad motor or board.

I suspect those switches will need to be adjusted on every machine at some point due to the high use of them.

#10889 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

PinMonk can you?

I thought only OP could make keyposts?

#10891 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

PinMonk can you?

Done. In the index under TECH:TOYS now.

#10892 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Done. In the index under TECH:TOYS now.

thank you!

#10893 2 years ago
Quoted from BMSPEED:

Other than the upcoming UV kits and another run of toppers, the Stern accessories are rumored to be done as well. Get 'em now I suppose....

#10894 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Other than the upcoming UV kits and another run of toppers, the Stern accessories are rumored to be done as well. Get 'em now I suppose....

Probably too late - don’t see any Stern accessories in stock at Marco or Pinball Life.

#10895 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Probably too late - don’t see any Stern accessories in stock at Marco or Pinball Life.

If you email terry at pinball life, he can often special order stuff that isn't on the website.

#10896 2 years ago

Okay I found some interactive camaro and blazer mods online. Apparently they can be linked to any light on the playfield.

Anyone know what lights on the playfield they should be tied to, assuming someone else has already installed these?

#10897 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Okay I found some interactive camaro and blazer mods online. Apparently they can be linked to any light on the playfield.
Anyone know what lights on the playfield they should be tied to, assuming someone else has already installed these?

I got mine from lermods. I have them linked to the big arrow in front of the demogorgon ramp but you could pick anything.

#10898 2 years ago

I remember the exact moment when putting an LED in something and selling it for $$ became a thing. It was when the first Iron Monger came out with the LED in its chest, for Iron Man (this was before the vault came out). I’m not even being critical, I kind of golf clap every time I see someone selling a $15 item for $70 by making it “interactive”. Go capitalism!

BTW I’m not talking about LerMods or MezelMods - those are really well done. You know what I’m talking about. 3D-printing a Twinkie and putting an LED in it for Ghostbusters, for example.

#10899 2 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

I got mine from lermods. I have them linked to the big arrow in front of the demogorgon ramp but you could pick anything.

that's where I ordered from also. they've also been great as far as emails and support for installation etc.

Thanks, just wanted to see what others had done.

#10900 2 years ago

My 10yo tearing it up this morning. So close to his first billion. No hope for me anymore

F06367E6-A97B-450E-99E0-02043EAB472A (resized).jpegF06367E6-A97B-450E-99E0-02043EAB472A (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,396 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/218?hl=c-note and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.