IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 449.
#10651 2 years ago

I was one shot away from TI2 again last night. Getting so close is what keeps me coming back to this game. I actually blew it because I was so focused on finishing the mode to get my 11th drawing. Must focus on TI2 next time.

#10652 2 years ago

Damn nice work on the drawings. I have yet to get that extra ball. Need to focus on that next time I play.

#10653 2 years ago
Quoted from goyom:

7 1/2, so if you got 8 inch above you should be good

thanks! no dice, only have 6 inches. Saves me 700 bucks i guess!

#10654 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Damn nice work on the drawings. I have yet to get that extra ball. Need to focus on that next time I play.

One of them came from a mystery award. Another good reason to avoid that shot during multiball, modes and 2X scoring

#10655 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

thanks! no dice, only have 6 inches. Saves me 700 bucks i guess!

Saves you a lot more then that.

#10656 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I was one shot away from TI2 again last night. Getting so close is what keeps me coming back to this game. I actually blew it because I was so focused on finishing the mode to get my 11th drawing. Must focus on TI2 next time.

You'll hit that TI2 soon and then only a few steps away from SIB or LTF!

That's one of the things I LOVE about this game. There is a mini-wizard mode obtainable for every level of skill, or for every lucky/unlucky game. Even when I have a crap game, chances are decent I can get TI1 and still feel satisfied. A slightly better than average game I can probably see TI2. If I'm really on I could see LTF or SIB. And I have been very close, but haven't quite gotten Final Showdown yet. From there I know I will still have Snowball as a final goal. It just has such a perfect build-up and fun payoff at each level along the way. Few games manage that level of satisfaction for everyone so perfectly. Even a total beginner can probably kill (or at least see!) the first Demogorgan without any idea of what they are doing, and that's a HUGE moment for them. This game just nails it from that standpoint. I've said it before, but it's Lonnie's best code by a mile.

#10657 2 years ago

Got a gift certificate for cointaker for my birthday. It's burning a hole in my pocket. While I wait endlessly for the topper and UV kit, I'm considering a few other mods:

Joyce's wall
Spinning sign
DigDug mini arcade game

I currently have 2 mods on the machine, both plugged into the board inside for power: pinmonk's fans and the factory blue dice shooter knob.

Question: Will any or all of these 3 mods work with my current setup, and will they plug in somewhere without having to unplug another mod? Or, do I need to get a power splitter, etc.? Just want to plan ahead and make sure I know where things will plug in and also make sure that I'm not introducing any new electrical problems by having all these mods powered at once.

Thanks!

#10658 2 years ago

Anybody have some pictures of the stern art blades installed?

Contemplating my options. Ive searched and not easy to dig up for some reason.

#10659 2 years ago

Just joined the club!

My first pinball machine... my wife enjoyed her first few plays so maybe it’ll start something

8B99FD02-FDAB-40BC-9516-A20BA1D2CA00 (resized).jpeg8B99FD02-FDAB-40BC-9516-A20BA1D2CA00 (resized).jpeg
#10660 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Anybody have some pictures of the stern art blades installed?
Contemplating my options. Ive searched and not easy to dig up for some reason.

I’m generally anti-mod, but I love the Stern blades for this game. 2nd picture shows an installation issue I need to fix.

06F4D1C6-3C83-405B-9B49-BFECD4DD1DFD (resized).jpeg06F4D1C6-3C83-405B-9B49-BFECD4DD1DFD (resized).jpeg1B61015F-BC6E-43E2-B0A0-7D4D1186D13F (resized).jpeg1B61015F-BC6E-43E2-B0A0-7D4D1186D13F (resized).jpeg67343C03-DE34-4DBE-A2BB-5D217C60362B (resized).jpeg67343C03-DE34-4DBE-A2BB-5D217C60362B (resized).jpeg70E422EB-945E-4BBF-8F99-A5D81ED203B2 (resized).jpeg70E422EB-945E-4BBF-8F99-A5D81ED203B2 (resized).jpegFFE4ACA3-CBE8-4FCA-A3F1-987DD117FA47 (resized).jpegFFE4ACA3-CBE8-4FCA-A3F1-987DD117FA47 (resized).jpeg

#10661 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m generally anti-mod, but I love the Stern blades for this game. 2nd picture shows an installation issue I need to fix.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, those look great!

#10662 2 years ago
Quoted from VanSkalen:

Just joined the club!
My first pinball machine... my wife enjoyed her first few plays so maybe it’ll start something
[quoted image]

Congrats.. But seems that in this case you should have said "OUR first pinball machine"

Makes it easier to get more. I know...

#10663 2 years ago

Eddy confirmed the final showdown bug. Appears there are multiple. Said if they get time for another update they will fix it.

#10664 2 years ago
Quoted from goyom:

7 1/2, so if you got 8 inch above you should be good

not really, if you ever need to elevate the game for something, for example, changing a leg or whatever else, you will need to remove the topper.

#10665 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Eddy confirmed the final showdown bug. Appears there are multiple. Said if they get time for another update they will fix it.

I hope they use the opportunity to add some bell and whistles too! I dunno anything.

#10666 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I hope they use the opportunity to add some bell and whistles too! I dunno anything.

Need full power Shaker during Demo!

#10667 2 years ago

That’s what Pinball Browser is for

#10668 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

"if the get time"???

WTF.

Final mode not working right is pretty big IMHO.

"Sorry your car can't shift into overdrive, it's a software bug. If we have the time we'll fix it".

#10669 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

WTF.

Unfortunate reality of these games. A minor intermittent bug in the final wizard mode is not a high priority and never has been.

#10670 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unfortunate reality of these games. A minor intermittent bug in the final wizard mode is not a high priority and never has been.

If it takes someone months (or longer) of trying to get to the Final Showdown, they finally get there, and they do well enough to actually beat it but then get cheated out of the Snowball (victory laps) mode, I bet they won't feel like it was a "minor" bug.

If they know about it, they should fix it as soon as possible, and they should make it a relatively high priority.

The fact that it isn't the reality shouldn't even be acknowledged as it just gives the message that we don't really expect it to be fixed anytime soon.

#10671 2 years ago

With my luck when/if I ever beat the game I am sure I will get the bug.

Lol

Today made a new GC of 600M.

Slowly learning how to get the ramps, Working on the timing to get combos, all that fun stuff

This game is really hard for my skill level, with that said, I’ve noticed that after only playing this game, other games seem easier.

So I guess it is making me a better player.

#10672 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I bet they won't feel like it was a "minor" bug.

Agree. But objectively, it’s a minor bug. It doesn’t happen every time and it’s a moment that only a small fraction of players will see. That’s minor. It’s not game breaking.

#10673 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agree. But objectively, it’s a minor bug. It doesn’t happen every time and it’s a moment that only a small fraction of players will see. That’s minor. It’s not game breaking.

Have to agree with RobT on this one. I don't think they need to drop everything to throw out a release to fix it, but there is no reason why Stern couldn't put resources towards fixing known, reproducible bugs. Use a more junior guy, or give the leads a couple of weeks in between games to chase things like this down.

Stern has gotten a lot better with code releases in the last couple of years, the "if they get time" thing feels like going backwards.

#10674 2 years ago

Anyone considered tapping in another GI lamp socket into this spare space

91D90BAF-2DC7-4AF5-A106-1DC0591D5AF0 (resized).jpeg91D90BAF-2DC7-4AF5-A106-1DC0591D5AF0 (resized).jpeg
#10675 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

but there is no reason why Stern couldn't put resources towards fixing known, reproducible bugs.

Intermittent bugs are very hard to reproduce. The only reason why they know what it is, is due to me sending multiple videos showing two different cases of weird end of Final Showdown behavior.

The reason why they don’t (agree or disagree), is because it’s not revenue generating. At this point, unless they find a pocket of time between games, don’t expect anything else with this one.

#10676 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The reason why they don’t (agree or disagree), is because it’s not revenue generating. At this point, unless they find a pocket of time between games, don’t expect anything else with this one.

I get why they don't. And I don't really expect they will. I don't even own the game because they dropped it so soon. What I said was there is no reason they "can't", and am disappointed if this is their reasoning. When I worked I fixed bugs for software that we didn't sell anymore all the time. Customers were still using it, they paid for it, so we supported it. Pretty simple.

#10677 2 years ago

Fair points. One possible saving grace here might be that Lonnie doesn’t seem to have another game coming up anytime soon so maybe we can get this bug fix as well as some other goodies.

#10678 2 years ago

This game is really hard for my skill level, with that said, I’ve noticed that after only playing this game, other games seem easier.
So I guess it is making me a better player.

That’s exactly what happened to me with Dirty Harry. Games that used to seem hard became easy. I never should have sold that game.

#10679 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. I emailed Stern about the Monster Hunt / Demogorgon bug, which is objectively bad. You’re in a mode where the major shots are blocked by the ramp. Not a huge deal, and I still love the game. But it would be nice to be able to play the mode the game picked for me.

#10680 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s exactly what happened to me with Dirty Harry. Games that used to seem hard became easy. I never should have sold that game.

Dirty Harry is great.

#10681 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Agreed. I emailed Stern about the Monster Hunt / Demogorgon bug, which is objectively bad. You’re in a mode where the major shots are blocked by the ramp. Not a huge deal, and I still love the game. But it would be nice to be able to play the mode the game picked for me.

Yeah. Should get mode credit for bashes to the demo.

#10682 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Intermittent bugs are very hard to reproduce. The only reason why they know what it is, is due to me sending multiple videos showing two different cases of weird end of Final Showdown behavior.

Fun, and hopefully relevant story. In the early 00’s, I managed a software team that did the DVR application for millions of cable settop boxes. This was before the streaming era. There was a Yahoo group about our product, and it was the first time that a software team could be crucified on the internet. People said “The manager needs to be fired!”, but I was living and breathing our product. We rushed it to market with lots of bugs, because Product people were joking “kill the engineers and ship it!”. As the engineering manager, I would read the newsgroup and focus on what most people said were the problems. And I mean, unless 5 people said it was a problem, I would ignore it. We were drowning in our vendor’s bugs (the vendor was pretty much forced on me). We had recording reliability problems, so I set up a tiger team to fix them. Our first release didn’t even properly support series recording. We were all working until 10pm.

Our QA team didn’t like me focusing on the newsgroup, and there was a lot of shit to sift through. But if I saw a recurring theme (“My recording just disappeared!”) I would log a critical bug and ask my team to focus on that.

I don’t think software business practices have changed that much in 20 years. Managers have to focus on the career-ending bugs, buy a lot of pizza and hope things work out alright.

As an epilogue to this story for anyone who got through my wall of text, we used to go after work to a place called “Lupita’s” to play Revenge From Mars and drink beer. So I hunted down an RFM until I found one, and that’s partly why I love the game so much.

#10683 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Should get mode credit for bashes to the demo.

yeah, I think something needs to be changed there, I run into this issue often and the risk reward is very low to get the demo out of the way.
I just actually lost a game at 600M due to this, literally due to this.

Today I was able to get past 500M twice. First time since I got this game. I think I am getting there! I want to cross the 1B mark!

#10684 2 years ago

yeah, I think something needs to be changed there, I run into this issue often and the risk reward is very low to get the demo out of the way.
I just actually lost a game at 600M due to this, literally due to this.
Today I was able to get past 500M twice. First time since I got this game. I think I am getting there! I want to cross the 1B mark!

I think you mean the risk/reward is HIGH to get the demo out of the way. Especially if you’re on “What’s That?”.

#10685 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think you mean the risk/reward is HIGH to get the demo out of the way. Especially if you’re on “What’s That?”.

risk is high, reward is low,... yes I actually just lost the game on that demo mode...lol

#10686 2 years ago

Has anyone added any supplemental lighting to their game? I am torn, I like the dark theme, but I play in a dimly lit (on purpose) room. On either side of this pin, I have a TMNT and a Star Wars both with PinStadium Neo. They make the Stranger Things look very dark.
I was considering Pinstadiums (not the Stranger Things specific ones, just the regular ones because I am going with Stern's UV kit) but have the brightness at like 10%. But I think even that is too much. I could always do spotlights. (FWIW - My kids are deadset against the Pinstadiums on Stranger Things) I wouldn't put bright bulbs into the spotlight. I have hundreds and hundreds of LED bulbs from years of upgrading and some of the original LED bulbs are dim compared to today's bulbs.

Just wondering if anyone has done anything here.

#10687 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Has anyone added any supplemental lighting to their game? I am torn, I like the dark theme, but I play in a dimly lit (on purpose) room. On either side of this pin, I have a TMNT and a Star Wars both with PinStadium Neo. They make the Stranger Things look very dark.
I was considering Pinstadiums (not the Stranger Things specific ones, just the regular ones because I am going with Stern's UV kit) but have the brightness at like 10%. But I think even that is too much. I could always do spotlights. (FWIW - My kids are deadset against the Pinstadiums on Stranger Things) I wouldn't put bright bulbs into the spotlight. I have hundreds and hundreds of LED bulbs from years of upgrading and some of the original LED bulbs are dim compared to today's bulbs.

Your kids are right. Ask yourself why you had to add PinStadiums to your other games in the first place. If the room lighting is too low, fix that first ( I have my high-quality LED room lights on a dimmer). Then if the glare bothers you, buy glass to fix that ($250 a sheet, in bulk). I have pins with incandescent lighting, and nobody ever complains that they’re too dim, because the room lighting makes up for it. That’s just my little opinion, but I know I’m howling into the void. People would rather make their games look like a grocery store than solve the problem holistically.

#10688 2 years ago

Hi guys! Just got my Stranger things pro today and the game is fun BUT the ball keeps hitting the glass every time I try to hit the Demogorgon.. It's very annoying.. Anyone else have this problem?

#10689 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi guys! Just got my Stranger things pro today and the game is fun BUT the ball keeps hitting the glass every time I try to hit the Demogorgon.. It's very annoying.. Anyone else have this problem?

My pro is the same.

#10690 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It would be much appreciated to get another update. I made a huge list of bugs/tweaks for the game. It has around 60 entries. I wonder is they every make another update to at least fix some of them.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

"if the get time"???
WTF.
"Sorry your car can't shift into overdrive, it's a software bug. If we have the time we'll fix it".

Yeah, imagine sweating the entire time. To get to the finale, just to find out the game crashes or some other bugs happen…
It would be fixed. Not ASAP but in the near future.
For example GB also has the chance of a game breaking bug appearing in the wizard mode.

Quoted from paul_8788:

When I worked I fixed bugs for software that we didn't sell anymore all the time. Customers were still using it, they paid for it, so we supported it. Pretty simple.

Great That’s how it should be done.
I mean they don’t need to support titles forever. Since they eventually need to move on and develop other projects which earn „new“ money.
But they should at least support it like 5 years. Until they call it „discontinued“

#10691 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Literally every time or once in a while? Can you hit the demos mouth consistently?

#10692 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I say listen to your kids.

#10694 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Why not temporarily move one of your other Pinstadium sets to it so you can see for yourself? Use lightweight double sided tape to temp secure them at the top and bottom of the strips since you won't want to remove the magnet strips from the original game.

I have a Pinstadium kit that I will move to a new game for the heck of it to see what *I like* and not rely on the eyes & opinions of strangers.

#10695 2 years ago

No pinstadiums but I added a long strip light (blue) to the back of the machine. It looks incredible. It looks almost like UV effect. It looks awesome when the TK has balls on it. Only negative is it washes out the ramps some---no big deal to me. I also changed many bulbs to the tower bulbs (comet) and it brightens things up. Mix of white and purple. All towers red and purple in the shooter lane ---looks amazing. On a side note over 4.5 bil a couple days ago and the snowball dance worked! So I did not get hit with the software bug---this time anyway!

#10696 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Your kids are right. Ask yourself why you had to add PinStadiums to your other games in the first place. If the room lighting is too low, fix that first ( I have my high-quality LED room lights on a dimmer). Then if the glare bothers you, buy glass to fix that ($250 a sheet, in bulk). I have pins with incandescent lighting, and nobody ever complains that they’re too dim, because the room lighting makes up for it. That’s just my little opinion, but I know I’m howling into the void. People would rather make their games look like a grocery store than solve the problem holistically.

The lighting in my gameroom isn't a problem. I have LED recessed lights in that room. If I want, it can get absurdly bright. (I believe that they are 1200 lumens per can) I just have them on a dimmer at the lowest setting which is where I like that light level. Years back (prior to 2012 when I converted to LED), I had incandescent PAR30 in there. Those can dim much lower than LEDs. I could turn up the lights but then, it would be too bright for my liking in there. (I typically like my rooms to be very bright....except for that one) Glare isn't the issue. I also have a sheet of Voodoo glass on that pin. (As well as all of my other pins).
I've had over 25+ games in that room at that same (or lower) ambient light level. All of my pins prior to 2010 or so had incandescent lighting as well. (Mostly 90s Bally/WMS) Never had an issue with games appearing too dark. The other games with PinStadiums were ok without them. I didn't have to add the Pinstadiums to "fix" a lighting issue. I added them because I like the look. I am not nuts about adding them to a Stranger Things because I believe that they would alter the feel of the game.

I simply asked about whether anyone has added supplemental lighting. Not sure what you are getting at by referring to a grocery store look and why you are lamenting the fact that you are howling your opinion into a void.

#10697 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Why not temporarily move one of your other Pinstadium sets to it so you can see for yourself? Use lightweight double sided tape to temp secure them at the top and bottom of the strips since you won't want to remove the magnet strips from the original game.
I have a Pinstadium kit that I will move to a new game for the heck of it to see what *I like* and not rely on the eyes & opinions of strangers.

I could do that. I just think that even at a super dim setting that they would be too bright. I was thinking that a few spotlights with less bright LEDs might do the trick, but I hadn't even thought of swapping over the Pinstadiums. So I might try that this weekend to know for sure if I should buy a set for that game.

Thanks.

#10698 2 years ago

I have Phillips hue lights in my game room. So they are individually controlled. When I tell Alexa to turn on the lights all of them come on full brightness except for the one right near Stranger Things. That one goes down to like 20% brightness. Perfect imo. Can get all the great lighting and crisp projection, and it’s still easy to track and see the ball.

#10699 2 years ago

Does anyone have all of these mods installed? If so, did you need to get some power splitter cables, or were you able to connect all of these up to existing open power connections? I want to order some more mods but I'm not sure on the power requirements so I figured folks on this thread have already gone down this road...

Already installed/connected:
pinmonk fans (already connected to panel inside coin door)
dice shooter rod (already connected to panel inside coin door)

Planned to be installed:
UV light kit
topper
Dig dug
Joyce's wall
spinning sign (interactive)

Thanks

#10700 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Does anyone have all of these mods installed? If so, did you need to get some power splitter cables, or were you able to connect all of these up to existing open power connections? I want to order some more mods but I'm not sure on the power requirements so I figured folks on this thread have already gone down this road...
Already installed/connected:
pinmonk fans (already connected to panel inside coin door)
dice shooter rod (already connected to panel inside coin door)
Planned to be installed:
UV light kit
topper
Dig dug
Joyce's wall
spinning sign (interactive)
Thanks

I have a ton of mods on mine. I put in a 4 way splitter. I was too lazy to make it myself and just bought the one that LER mods sells.
I will be getting the UV kit (on order)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/214?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.