IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 449.
#10551 2 years ago

My favorite bullshit sound bite is drunken Nancy. Haha

#10552 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

NO DOUBT - LOL

#10553 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

After lighting the outlane save, I wouldn’t worry about burn it back until you’re close to a mode that’s good for 2x.
Definitely try to have 2x during these modes:
Trap em and any of the future demo modes if you’re good at making the mouth.
Total isolation
Quarter hunt
Mirkwood
Save will
Demo dog modes (combine with a MB)
TK MB is fine for 2x, but scoring is still fairly low in that even with 2x
Remember too to collect mystery as much as possible while 2x is running to keep adding time.

Thanks!
I got the BS mode twice yesterday.... I think I am on track to big point soon!

#10554 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Ahoy there ! Joined the club yesterday with a Pro ( UV kit + Cleland sound)
Huge Things fan so didn't take much for my buddy and I to crack open the beers, sprint home from our shift at Scoops Ahoy and have some pinball fun. [quoted image][quoted image]

I love drunk British guys. In a purely platonic sense of course. I think.

#10555 2 years ago

I've gotten to TI 2 a couple of times but have yet to get BS mode. Does life hate me?

#10556 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I've gotten to TI 2 a couple of times but have yet to get BS mode. Does life hate me?

Got BS mode once, don’t even know how I did it TBH. Still haven’t received my topper yet

#10557 2 years ago

Doing well and completing the modes is worth huge bonus points. I always focus on the completion of the modes once started. Not only is mode completion a huge bonus but so are the map pieces that come along with them. I've seen so many people completely ignore completing the modes and wonder why their score is so low. Building that bonus up and completing lanes to increase the bonus multiplier is usually my focus.

I do enjoy the demogorgon modes though but going that route, while still very lucrative, doesn't net any extra balls for completion so if I were in a competition I would not focus on the demogorgon and instead go for modes and bonus just given how dangerous the drops can be. After 3 modes you get that extra ball and usually by then I'm close to the burn it back extra ball. That said I had a nearly 200 million what's that last night. Love when that mode gets rocking.

#10558 2 years ago

I always go for the middle drops while there’s a ball saver running, then shoot up the middle for word completion. If I’m fast enough I can have the ramp lowered for DG1 just about the time the ball save expires. Then I try to stack DG2 with DD1 and a chapter mode (I think this is possible).

I love it when Upside Down starts right after launching the ball. That’s a free ~30M points with no risk!

#10559 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve actually swapped out the long tilt sound (0x10) for drunk Nancy saying “This...this is bullshit”.

#10560 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve actually swapped out the long tilt sound (0x10) for drunk Nancy saying “This...this is bullshit”.

That’s the exact one that’s in the bullshit mode. It’s great.

#10561 2 years ago

made it today to the final wizard mode stage 7. what is needed to beat stage 7 ? i think i got it , but there was no snowball multiball. so not sure what i miss

thanks

#10562 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

made it today to the final wizard mode stage 7. what is needed to beat stage 7 ? i think i got it , but there was no snowball multiball. so not sure what i miss
thanks

Did you get there normally or do the challenge?

You have to defeat the Demogorgon for the final stage.

#10563 2 years ago

i get there nomally. needs it a direct hit ? is it time based ? Ball (dont remeber if i had one or two) where in play and it suddenly stops and the flap moves up. So i thought i got it , but i see no snowball.. it starts from the beginning

#10564 2 years ago

Then you didn’t complete it. The flippers should die and a lot of fanfare happens.

#10565 2 years ago

So I made up a decal for my door ramp. The colors aren’t quite right but I still think it looks better than a big silver ramp. Gonna live with it for a while and see if I want to stay with it.

2EC5F282-A919-4509-AE0A-1BACFFCDE794 (resized).jpeg2EC5F282-A919-4509-AE0A-1BACFFCDE794 (resized).jpeg

#10566 2 years ago

That looks great, do you sell it or can you share the image ?

#10567 2 years ago

Just put up a big final challenge score. Let’s see if anyone can beat it!!

CE622AF9-0B52-48A2-ABED-F463A9FCE4EA (resized).jpegCE622AF9-0B52-48A2-ABED-F463A9FCE4EA (resized).jpeg
#10568 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

So I made up a decal for my door ramp. The colors aren’t quite right but I still think it looks better than a big silver ramp. Gonna live with it for a while and see if I want to stay with it.
[quoted image]

This is by far the best one I’ve seen. Well done!

#10569 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

That looks great, and if nothing else it will keep your ramp from getting beaten up.

#10570 2 years ago

Would also be interested in buying that decal from yoy

#10571 2 years ago

Any ST owners interested in a Schwinn to go with their game? Cleaning out my storage and forgot I ordered this back in 2018. It's NIB, and cheaper than most toppers!

#10572 2 years ago

I may have just witnessed the coolest thing i've seen in this game - in Trap 'Em MB, i had a kickout from the left vuk and an autoplunge at the same time. The balls met in the middle just below the ramp. the autoplunge ball then proceeded to knock the VUK ball straight up and into the demo mouth. naturally i was so stunned i drained both right after. that's some good stuff for a friday if you ask me.

#10573 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just put up a big final challenge score. Let’s see if anyone can beat it!![quoted image]

Close, but no cigar. But I was pretty surprised when I finished the challenge and the flippers died. I didn’t expect to get through it that fast. LOVE this challenge mode, it’s very similar to Jericho, which was what I loved most about Iron Man.

I got sloppy with the final phase and killed the DG with a beat-down instead of a kill shot. Next time!

835B4F07-330A-42DB-81B9-4B18F8EFA607 (resized).jpeg835B4F07-330A-42DB-81B9-4B18F8EFA607 (resized).jpeg
#10574 2 years ago

Unfortunately I think the demo kill is 100 million no matter what. Boo.

#10575 2 years ago

I went to a friend’s house last night to do a temp trade, and help run his league night on Matchplay.events. I looked up and saw this thing, and immediately thought “WHY AM I TIED UP?”. This game has gotten into my head.

98F2F64E-D6A2-42EF-8E13-946A37F2E9FA (resized).jpeg98F2F64E-D6A2-42EF-8E13-946A37F2E9FA (resized).jpeg
#10576 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

[quoted image]

That is outstanding work!! Love the continuation of the artwork.
Would also be interested in purchasing.

#10577 2 years ago

And... here we go again

#10578 2 years ago

I beat the challenge again, so it might be time to move the outlane posts back to the top (factory setting).

#10579 2 years ago

Challenge is easy even with them open. It’s the score that’s the challenge. Wish it had a timer too.

#10580 2 years ago

Yeah, you really have to max out the double scoring, and always be burning it back. The first time, I had 2X going at the end and got 200M for killing the DG, that’s key.

#10581 2 years ago

Damn it. Made it to final showdown again(3rd time) and failed again. 4.4b score though.

#10582 2 years ago

Officially in the club! My pro showed up today. What a blast to play!

#10583 2 years ago

Has anyone heard when the next batch of UV kits will be produced?

#10584 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

My distributor told me the end of May they should be arriving....we will see...

#10585 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is by far the best one I’ve seen. Well done!

Quoted from swampfire:

That looks great, and if nothing else it will keep your ramp from getting beaten up.

Thanks! It's definitely not perfect but I am liking it.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Would also be interested in buying that decal from yoy

Quoted from finnflash:

That is outstanding work!! Love the continuation of the artwork.
Would also be interested in purchasing.

The image is actually not the greatest, so I wouldn't feel comfortable offering it for sale. I will play around with it some more and see if I can make it nicer. I will be sure to let you know.

#10586 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

My distributor told me the end of May they should be arriving....we will see...

I'm still waiting for mine ordered from cointaker in mid January. What "batch" would that be, I wonder?

#10587 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I pre-ordered at the end of April for the next batch that said end of May-early June.

#10588 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Any ST owners interested in a Schwinn to go with their game? Cleaning out my storage and forgot I ordered this back in 2018. It's NIB, and cheaper than most toppers!

TheCoinSlotTC

I'm interested. Can you PM me with a price?

#10589 2 years ago

I really have mixed feelings about being able to play Final Showdown without getting there by playing the pin and qualifying for it. Takes the magic away.

But I realize that there are a lot of people who like the feature since you can practice it before you get to it by playing, and some people feel like they would never see it otherwise.

I personally don't plan on using the feature. It's what keeps me motivated to keep playing. I've seen it 3 times so far (and completed it once).

#10590 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

i get there nomally. needs it a direct hit ? is it time based ? Ball (dont remeber if i had one or two) where in play and it suddenly stops and the flap moves up. So i thought i got it , but i see no snowball.. it starts from the beginning

I remember one of the times that I got to Final Showdown that I thought this happened to me as well. I nailed the Demogorgan mouth at stage 7 and heard 11 scream, and thought I had just completed Final Showdown...but I did not get Snowball.

The other time I completed it, I definitely got the Snowball mode.

#10591 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I really have mixed feelings about being able to play Final Showdown without getting there by playing the pin and qualifying for it. Takes the magic away.
But I realize that there are a lot of people who like the feature since you can practice it before you get to it by playing, and some people feel like they would never see it otherwise.
I personally don't plan on using the feature. It's what keeps me motivated to keep playing. I've seen it 3 times so far (and completed it once).

I just don’t play the challenge until I’ve been there naturally. NBD.

#10592 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I nailed the Demogorgan mouth at stage 7 and heard 11 scream,

Okay then this sounds like there may be a bug. I’ve only completed it twice and got snowball both times.

#10593 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, considering how hard it is for me just to start Total Isolation 1, it may be a few years before I start Final Showdown organically.

#10594 2 years ago

The center ramp is stuck in down position. I tried the motor test, I can hear the motor running, but nothing is happening. Anyone seen that problem before?

Edit: fixed it by adjusting the switch. Working as it should now.

#10595 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Remember too to collect mystery as much as possible while 2x is running to keep adding time.

Is it true to say that while 2x is running, if you collect a mystery then your guaranteed to get 'add time'?

#10596 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Is it true to say that while 2x is running, if you collect a mystery then your guaranteed to get 'add time'?

Unless there’s a multiball running, in which case I think you always get add-a-ball.

#10597 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Every other mystery will be add time yes.

#10598 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Unless there’s a multiball running, in which case I think you always get add-a-ball.

Only one add a ball per MB.

#10599 2 years ago

Made it this day to snowball , does anyone know if this is a endless mode ? Made 3 rounds up but seems not to end

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/212?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.