IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 448.
#10501 2 years ago

I have both STh and DP sitting next to each other and I enjoy them both...probably equally at the moment.

Rules on STh force you to think about how you want to start and stack things. Its easy to start TK with a mode, but a little harder to stack TK with a mode + DD+DG.

I think you can also stack TI with a DD and/or DG (not 100% sure though)

There is a more MB stackability in STh than DP. With DP, you can stack some like Ninja MB on a quest, but no mechsuit stacking.
Of course, DP has the team-ups, which adds depth too.

#10502 2 years ago

I have tried stacking in Stth, but other than the TK + mode, I do not find they really help.
The first DD mode is horrible, too long and boring and usually avoid it if I can. lol

#10503 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

what do you mean it takes forever? easy gameplay overall and longer ball times?
are you guys saying that Stth > Deadpool ?

Owned DP for 2 years and I am not a tournament player. Love Marvel and DP theme. The animations, art and code are great, well done, very clean. Love the shots too. It just got boring after awhile and I find STh code to be much deeper. Fighting bosses twice (with Sauron added in background) in order to progress just gets super repetitive.

#10504 2 years ago

I have tried stacking in Stth, but other than the TK + mode, I do not find they really help.
The first DD mode is horrible, too long and boring and usually avoid it if I can. lol

I’ve gotten to where I enjoy the first DD mode. The music is cool, and stacking it with the DG multiball is great because every shot is good for points, whether you miss or not. You can also rack up points by rebounding off the 2 middle targets over and over. And don’t forget double scoring.

#10505 2 years ago

You need to start learning this stuff if you want to improve scores. With 2x scoring, you can get those targets up to 4-8 million a piece in demodog.

#10506 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You need to start learning this stuff if you want to improve scores. With 2x scoring, you can get those targets up to 4-8 million a piece in demodog.

yeah I need to change it up for sure.

#10507 2 years ago

are the pink monk flipper fans a must buy for this game?

#10508 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

not in my opinion but others like them... I don't have them nor seem to need them.

#10509 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Best way to decide this is to play for a few hours at your preferred angle and flipper strength (or invite some friends over). If you don’t see a problem, it’s not a problem.

#10510 2 years ago

On my machine the fans were required as the demogorgon, even after fixing, was not hittable after 45 minutes of play. At 20 minutes it was getting harder to hit. I play my machines for hours each day though so your mileage may vary. If you don't play a lot of back to back games and the machine has time to cool down between them then you probably will never see the issue.

#10511 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It probably depends on how the game’s set up. And they’re both great games, so that’s a very subjective question. I like games that are feast-or-famine, so that’s why I had IM for so long, and why I think STH and TWD are good for me. I’m picking up TWD in a temp-trade on Thursday (for my Congo).

I agree completely about loving "feast or famine" games.

I currently own both DPLE and STHLE, both are great pins in their own ways, but they are very different. DP has a lot of going for it in the call outs (way better than STh), the artwork (again, way better than STh) and definitely humor (disappointed in the complete lack of humor in STh).

Personally I think that DP is on the shallow side. You really only have the five main modes to complete, then some sub modes and mini wizard modes. The funny thing is I read about people saying that DP has long ball times, but DP can kick my ass pretty regularly. I don't feel like I have any particularly impressive scores on DP like I do on pins that are considered more difficult (like R&M, IM, and even STh for example).

I've had DP for almost 2 years, so I obviously like it, but I am having more enjoyment from STh currently, and I do not remember being anywhere near as addicted to playing DP even the first couple of months of owning it as I am with STh.

#10512 2 years ago

Yeah it’s crazy when you think about the total modes in STH. I count 26.

#10514 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

27 with snowball dance.

Hey! That was the spoiler that I was talking about!

#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try bending the gate up. Not the spring steel.

I've tried both. I even tried removing the gate and tweaking it with pliers, but all that did was make it worse. I bent it back and put it back as close to the original setup as possible. Now it doesn't hang anymore, but the ball does come back under the gate sometimes, which is annoying but not a show stopper.

Question - should the gate actually be resting on the spring steel thing? If so, mine was not originally, but it is not. If it's not supposed to be resting on it then my gate is hosed because the gate hangs way too far in if it's not resting on the steel spring.

#10516 2 years ago

Man I don’t think my STh wants to be played tonight haha. I just played 7 or 8 games and I swear there were high powered magnets in the outlanes and SDTM. Absolutely brutal. Weird how some games just get mean some nights. Everything else is playing nice. Still an absolutely killer game and I’m going in for more, wish me luck.

#10517 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Question - should the gate actually be resting on the spring steel thing? If so, mine was not originally, but it is not. If it's not supposed to be resting on it then my gate is hosed because the gate hangs way too far in if it's not resting on the steel spring.

The spring is holding the gate shut, so it shouldn’t be under the gate arm. It’s supposed to be over it so it allows for the spring steel to do its job and snaps the gate arm back quickly so the ball doesn’t come back out.

Just have to find the perfect spot.

#10518 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

On my machine the fans were required as the demogorgon, even after fixing, was not hittable after 45 minutes of play. At 20 minutes it was getting harder to hit. I play my machines for hours each day though so your mileage may vary. If you don't play a lot of back to back games and the machine has time to cool down between them then you probably will never see the issue.

+1. Also, the TK lock adjustments will drive you insane without the fans because if you dial it in when the machine is cold, it starts acting up after you play for a while. As Chuck pointed out earlier, if you notice that the TK lock becomes less reliable as you play longer, get the fans. Oh, and I still think the fans are good in general to extend the life of the components. Excessive heat = bad.

#10519 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The spring is holding the gate shut, so it shouldn’t be under the gate arm. It’s supposed to be over it so it allows for the spring steel to do its job and snaps the gate arm back quickly so the ball doesn’t come back out.
Just have to find the perfect spot.

I might need to order a new one then. If I move the steel spring under it, the gate hangs in so far that the ball hangs there all the time. I could try bending the gate some more, but it's hard to tell which way it needs to be bent because the gate is shaped funny (not symmetrical).

#10520 2 years ago

I might need to order a new one then. If I move the steel spring under it, the gate hangs in so far that the ball hangs there all the time. I could try bending the gate some more, but it's hard to tell which way it needs to be bent because the gate is shaped funny (not symmetrical).

I never took anything out of the game. Just grabbed it with my fingers while it was still in the game and bent the left corner of it up as much as I could so it sits flush with the ball guide.

Th spring steel is on the right side and hangs on back side of the gate (the part that faces the stand up target)

#10521 2 years ago

Red shows the spring steel. This is me stand at the back of the game facing the front and taking a pic of the gate. Yellow show the corner I bent so that it’s flush with the ball guide.

F61776F5-01BC-4641-A4D9-ABB6E7AC3041 (resized).jpegF61776F5-01BC-4641-A4D9-ABB6E7AC3041 (resized).jpeg
#10522 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Man I don’t think my STh wants to be played tonight haha. I just played 7 or 8 games and I swear there were high powered magnets in the outlanes and SDTM. Absolutely brutal. Weird how some games just get mean some nights. Everything else is playing nice. Still an absolutely killer game and I’m going in for more, wish me luck.

That’s how it shows love. 7 or 8 games under 100M to warm you up, then one big game over 500M to show you that it was worth fighting for. I’ve never said “this is the LAST game” as much as I have with STH.

#10523 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Red shows the spring steel. This is me stand at the back of the game facing the front and taking a pic of the gate. Yellow show the corner I bent so that it’s flush with the ball guide.
[quoted image]

Thanks Chuck. I think I may have bent mine wrong or too much, then. I did attempt to bend it the same way (yellow) initially, but then after that the whole gate was more recessed than ever. Maybe I bent it the wrong way. So after that, I removed the left ramp and then removed the gate (just the gate part, not the whole assembly) so that I could bend it back to the original state. After I put it back it still isn't right. The only way it works reasonably well is if I put the spring under it, in which case the ball sometimes goes back under the gate.

#10524 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That’s how it shows love. 7 or 8 games under 100M to warm you up, then one big game over 500M to show you that it was worth fighting for. I’ve never said “this is the LAST game” as much as I have with STH.

That’s what I thought too, but nope, more kicks to the ding ding. Walked over to Rick and Morty and it was even nastier. Maybe I’ll just scroll Pinside for a bit

#10525 2 years ago

what's everyone got autoplunger set to? Really weak and really strong are both dicey.

#10526 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree completely about loving "feast or famine" games.
I currently own both DPLE and STHLE, both are great pins in their own ways, but they are very different. DP has a lot of going for it in the call outs (way better than STh), the artwork (again, way better than STh) and definitely humor (disappointed in the complete lack of humor in STh).
Personally I think that DP is on the shallow side. You really only have the five main modes to complete, then some sub modes and mini wizard modes. The funny thing is I read about people saying that DP has long ball times, but DP can kick my ass pretty regularly. I don't feel like I have any particularly impressive scores on DP like I do on pins that are considered more difficult (like R&M, IM, and even STh for example).
I've had DP for almost 2 years, so I obviously like it, but I am having more enjoyment from STh currently, and I do not remember being anywhere near as addicted to playing DP even the first couple of months of owning it as I am with STh.

Totally agree with this assessment as someone who owned DP for 2 years.

#10527 2 years ago

Thanks Chuck. I think I may have bent mine wrong or too much, then. I did attempt to bend it the same way (yellow) initially, but then after that the whole gate was more recessed than ever. Maybe I bent it the wrong way. So after that, I removed the left ramp and then removed the gate (just the gate part, not the whole assembly) so that I could bend it back to the original state. After I put it back it still isn't right. The only way it works reasonably well is if I put the spring under it, in which case the ball sometimes goes back under the gate.

Okay got it working now. I did some more bending and put the spring back in the correct position. The gate is a little bent looking but working fine and the "yellow" corner is out past the ball guide a little so no more hangs. Thanks for taking the time to post those pics, Chuck, very helpful and very much appreciated!

#10528 2 years ago
Quoted from Prophet:

I installed the Rocket City Pinball Start Button Mod and thought you all might want to see it in action. SkyKing2301

Prophet thanks so much for showing it off! Looks awesome

#10529 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

what's everyone got autoplunger set to? Really weak and really strong are both dicey.

Weaker for me. It always feeds the metal guide just below the left saucer. Safe.

#10530 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

150. I got tired of the skillshot-to-drain combo.

#10531 2 years ago

yeah I will adjust this too. It is very annoying to get the TK lock, and the auto plunger drain it for you or any other combination of auto plunge/drain

#10532 2 years ago

My go to is never let the game auto launch the ball. But during MBs it’s harder and when all the drops are down, I now trust the game more than my manual plunge to get the ball to a flipper safely.

#10533 2 years ago

To make it a real skillshot, the game should reward you for using the plunger instead of the action button, e.g. make it worth 2x as much. Of course the best way to get the super skill shot is to soft plunge to the right flipper (or bounce pass from the left flipper) without hitting a switch, then nail the saucer. Not easy to do, but very satisfying and safe.

#10534 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

To make it a real skillshot, the game should reward you for using the plunger instead of the action button, e.g. make it worth 2x as much.

It kind of already does with the secret skill shot (MXV). No way you’re making that with the auto launch. This is the one where you have to hit the roving drop target and bounce it directly into the saucer. 25 million for the first, plus 5 million for the ones after that in the same game.

#10535 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It kind of already does with the secret skill shot (MXV). No way you’re making that with the auto launch. This is the one where you have to hit the roving drop target and bounce it directly into the saucer. 25 million for the first, plus 5 million for the ones after that in the same game.

Funny you should mention that. At one point, I was making the MXV shot 2-3 times per game with the auto-launch. I felt like that was cheating, so I changed the auto-launch power.

#10536 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Funny you should mention that. At one point, I was making the MXV shot 2-3 times per game with the auto-launch. I felt like that was cheating, so I changed the auto-launch power.

Crazy! Yeah I’ve never come close with the stock auto launch. I guess if you play with it enough you can get the power to make the MXV pretty consistently.

#10537 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just going to leave these here. #bestleaguenightever
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So many questions about this post.. My daughter was Eleven for Halloween and well that memory is now ruined in my mind.

#10538 2 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

So many questions about this post.. My daughter was Eleven for Halloween and well that memory is now ruined in my mind.

Yeah, but did she cut her hair for the role? Let’s see who was more committed.

To answer those questions:

1. To make my friends laugh, and to fulfill a league tradition for new games.
2. The largest size they make
3. I burned it and threw it away

#10539 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It kind of already does with the secret skill shot (MXV). No way you’re making that with the auto launch.

I do it somewhat regularly

#10540 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I do it somewhat regularly

Yeah sounds like this is cheating. Haha. Full power auto launch, mine will never go. It’s too strong.

#10541 2 years ago

New socks, thx MustangPaul

9C94B3FB-BECD-42EF-AD5D-4871AC575D7D (resized).jpeg9C94B3FB-BECD-42EF-AD5D-4871AC575D7D (resized).jpeg
#10542 2 years ago

The best feeling I get when I play STh is when I have a mode...demogorgan running and I hit the ramp to lock the final ball and see all 3 balls hanging on the back...the van flipping over and all 3 balls drop from TK...then go on a jackpot rampage is such a good feeling...The TK lock is very unique as well...I like how you cant tell if you have balls locked or not until you hit the ramp to see if the ball jumps to the TK... which is one reason why I tend to not backhand the shot without knowing due to TK mechanism engaging then you know you screwed up...such an awesome game!

#10543 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah sounds like this is cheating. Haha. Full power auto launch, mine will never go. It’s too strong.

Question about the skill shots. I seem to get them fairly regularly with a normal shooter rod launch and hitting the drop targets in the center. First one is 5 million, next one 6 million etc. What determines whether you make the skill shot? Just wondering because they actually seem like they occur maybe too often on my machine or maybe too easy - not that I'm complaining. It's also possible that I just have "the touch".

#10544 2 years ago

Question about the skill shots. I seem to get them fairly regularly with a normal shooter rod launch and hitting the drop targets in the center. First one is 5 million, next one 6 million etc. What determines whether you make the skill shot? Just wondering because they actually seem like they occur maybe too often on my machine or maybe too easy - not that I'm complaining. It's also possible that I just have "the touch".

We’re talking about the super duper skill shot. The regular tiny 5,6,7 million one is a gimmie. Just plunge into the lit drop target at the start of your ball.

#10545 2 years ago

you can also try to short plunge into the scoop thing for 10 mil base. That one you can just short plunge to the left flipper, dead bounce to the right, then flick it in for the 10. Nice thing about that one is if you don't touch any other switches you can try again. Just don't do it at league night lol

The drops are like the easy lit upper lane skill shots on many machines. Just hit the flashing one to collect but not worth a ton.

#10546 2 years ago

Ahoy there ! Joined the club yesterday with a Pro ( UV kit + Cleland sound)

Huge Things fan so didn't take much for my buddy and I to crack open the beers, sprint home from our shift at Scoops Ahoy and have some pinball fun.

188642757_10158667698019262_6139626053047301197_n (resized).jpg188642757_10158667698019262_6139626053047301197_n (resized).jpg188650014_10158667697944262_2260669396077826697_n (resized).jpg188650014_10158667697944262_2260669396077826697_n (resized).jpg
#10547 2 years ago

I had a few consecutive 500M games last night, getting closer to my 1B goal... I guess I just suck at pinball as others have an easy time getting a high score.
I had fun with it, I think I starter seeing improvements after changing my strategy, would be curious to hear others:

rather than building up the ramps x3, I focus first on getting burn it back lit, secure the right outline and then work on my progress from there depending on where the game take me, if I am not close of starting a mode, I would continue building burn it back to try to get X2 PF multiplier.

At this point I typically have 1 EB already secured and if I continue building Burn It back, I can sometimes get 2 EB on Ball 1. If I get to this point then I will take from there...

But I think the key is to build up that burn it back orbit as much as possible, or I otherwise tend to drain to quickly.

I also managed to play TRAMP'EM quite deeply a few times, resulting is several round of demos, I do this by making sure I have at least 1 TK lock so I can re-start the mode with swipe a ball (only in the premium)..

All my setting are stock by the way...

If you have other suggestions for stacking and or strategy please post them!

#10548 2 years ago

After lighting the outlane save, I wouldn’t worry about burn it back until you’re close to a mode that’s good for 2x.

Definitely try to have 2x during these modes:

Trap em and any of the future demo modes if you’re good at making the mouth.

Total isolation
Quarter hunt
Mirkwood
Save will
Demo dog modes (combine with a MB)

TK MB is fine for 2x, but scoring is still fairly low in that even with 2x

Remember too to collect mystery as much as possible while 2x is running to keep adding time.

#10549 2 years ago

Had a 50 million bullshit mode last night. It wasn’t even 2x. Just kept getting add time and had it running for quite a while.

#10550 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Had a 50 million bullshit mode last night. It wasn’t even 2x. Just kept getting add time and had it running for quite a while.

That's bullshit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Guilford, CT
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/211?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.