20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,206 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 445.
#1001 4 years ago

To be honest, it probably doesn’t need to be replaced.

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be honest, it probably doesn’t need to be replaced.

@chuckwurt, I was thinking the exact same thing!! I don’t think I’m going to bother with it. I’m just wondering where the other piece went.

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

chuckwurt, I was thinking the exact same thing!! I don’t think I’m going to bother with it. I’m just wondering where the other piece went.

Sure there was another piece? I think that right arm being cut off like that is the reason some have had their get stuck.

#1004 4 years ago

Actually , the more I look at it, the more I think you’re right. It didn’t break. It just popped out of wherever it was hung. I don’t really feel like disassembling all that to get to it. For it to pop out again more then likely. What do you all think? I’m gonna play it without it and see how it acts. I don’t think it’ll make a difference though.

#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Was able to fish it out of there. Looks like it got sheared on the right side as shown on pic. Don’t know where the other piece is though.[quoted image]

Quick hide it before your wife see it. That may be the last straw for her. I so wanted this to be a killer game.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Quick hide it before your wife see it. That may be the last straw for her. I so wanted this to be a killer game.

I mean I like the game, personally. But there’s just so many little things that keep acting up. Like the ball lock mechanism. And then this gate. Geez. I’d be pissed If I had it on location with all these little hiccups. Glad it’s HUO for me. Wow. Crazy.

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I mean I like the game, personally. But there’s just so many little things that keep acting up. Like the ball lock mechanism. And then this gate. Geez. I’d be pissed If I had it on location with all these little hiccups. Glad it’s HUO for me. Wow. Crazy.

Is that gate needed? I wonder if these hiccups will be corrected before the premium/LE’s start shipping.

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It’s been a month. Haha. Check back in like 6 months. I think it will be mostly complete by then.

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

Is that gate needed? I wonder if these hiccups will be corrected before the premium/LE’s start shipping.

It doesn’t seem like it. I recall someone else posting something about this happening to them too but not sure which thread it was in. Anyone ??

#1010 4 years ago

Damn Trindawg you sure are hard on your pinball machines!

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It doesn’t seem like it. I recall someone else posting something about this happening to them too but not sure which thread it was in. Anyone ??

Yeah I do. They completely removed it. Haven’t seen them post any problems since.

#1012 4 years ago

That’s the whole piece Trindawg , it just popped out. Now that you fished it out I’d leave it out. Haha.

I just popped mine back in and hand bent it out a bit to put a bit more tension. Stupid design, but easy fix.

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Was able to fish it out of there. Looks like it got sheared on the right side as shown on pic. Don’t know where the other piece is though.[quoted image]

Yeah that looks exactly like mine. Had it lock up after only 50 games or so. The straight end is not long enough. I widened it a bit so there was more wire slack and then put it back using a wood skewer and my finger. Was not easy but didn't take too long.

#1014 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

That’s the whole piece trindawg , it just popped out. Now that you fished it out I’d leave it out. Haha.
I just popped mine back in and hand bent it out a bit to put a bit more tension. Stupid design, but easy fix.

Had the same issue on two of three games also.. bending it apart a little bit keeps it snug enough in the holes.. the one above isn’t broken or sheared, it’s complete.

#1015 4 years ago

So I played some games on my Stranger Things Pro and I had a really hard time to make post pass move. I thought it had something to do with the leaf switch but it looked fine on both sides.
I then tested some more and realized that if I was fast enough I could release the flipper button all the way out and back in without the flipper moving at all. It felt as it had some lag. I have had some newer Sterns before with the latest Spike system and they did not work like this.

So is this a problem on my ST only or do you also have this?

#1016 4 years ago

Took my gate under the demo out all the way. Couldn’t re attach it. Game play with friends unchanged. Bummer to have these issues but game play unchanged.

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

So I played some games on my Stranger Things Pro and I had a really hard time to make post pass move. I thought it had something to do with the leaf switch but it looked fine on both sides.
I then tested some more and realized that if I was fast enough I could release the flipper button all the way out and back in without the flipper moving at all. It felt as it had some lag. I have had some newer Sterns before with the latest Spike system and they did not work like this.

I don't have any lag with mine at all. I've seen issues like this when the flipper end stop is broken. Lift the playfield and take a look. I bought end stops for both of my stern pins for when they go.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

Check to see if you have any flaky residue under your playfield. Could be your coils stops.

#1019 4 years ago

So crazy, this pin has the least amount of spinning/moving parts of most Stern machines and each one people have issues with. The demo shot being inconsistent, the one way gate, and also the posts that randomly pop out.

Looking at the positive side, no mechanical issues with the flippers though. But then again, the power needs to be fine tuned on those as well in most cases.

But those Pop bumpers & slings though... on point.

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So crazy, this pin has the least amount of spinning/moving parts of most Stern machines and each one people have issues with. The demo shot being inconsistent, the one way gate, and also the posts that randomly pop out.
Looking at the positive side, no mechanical issues with the flippers though. But then again, the power needs to be fine tuned on those as well in most cases.
But those Pop bumpers & slings though... on point.

I think In a month or two these machines will be dialed in. It just sucks that they weren’t ready out of the box. But I think things will improve drastically. Although I am concerned with potential projector problems. But I’m confident the modding community will also dial those in.

#1021 4 years ago

Game was definitely rushed for some reason - a pre-xmas deadline for some perceived marketing benefit.

No doubt future runs will be fine tuned. Guarantee the "delay" with the LE's shipping is due to ironing out the issues we've seen to date on the Pro's. Looking forward to see these unboxed and played.

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Game was definitely rushed for some reason - a pre-xmas deadline for some perceived marketing benefit.
No doubt future runs will be fine tuned. Guarantee the "delay" with the LE's shipping is due to ironing out the issues we've seen to date on the Pro's. Looking forward to see these unboxed and played.

I’m both excited and scared as I love Stranger Things. But I think I’m going to wait and see what the developments are and then get an HUO that’s been dialed in. Love the theme, but wish they’d have spent more time on quality control.

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No doubt. It seems the first run Pros are almost the "beta testing" stress-test machines as they know they will get more initial use especially for operators, then they get to react on problems before making the more expensive machines. Reminds me of the Slimer mechanism issue on GB and they redesigned a good portion of the mech for the later Pros, and all Prem and LE's.

#1024 4 years ago

Just ordered all new titan rubber rings for my machine! I got translucent ones for the slings. I think that’ll look sweet with the lighting there. Also got some plastic protectors and some trough lighting. Has anyone seen the D20 shooter knob yet? It’s awesome. A little pricey for 50.00 but it looked awesome and it glows in the dark.

#1025 4 years ago
80B6C09F-35A5-4F14-8421-60D38129D4BA (resized).jpeg80B6C09F-35A5-4F14-8421-60D38129D4BA (resized).jpeg
#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Guarantee the "delay" with the LE's shipping is due to ironing out the issues we've seen to date on the Pro's.

I think it’s simply due to then running out of ramp motors and waiting for more.

#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Source?

I have first hand knowledge this is wrong, along with 99% of the other complete bullshit posted about this game claimed to be “fact,” starting first and foremost with how the projector looks in person.

#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it’s simply due to then running out of ramp motors and waiting for more.

Oh geez. Don’t get me started. But I agree. Too many things to iron out with this game. Little things at that. Pro owners were the beta testers !!

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Trindawg has 17 nib motors at his house that were to be used in LE machines.

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

trindawg has 17 nib motors at his house that were to be used in LE machines

You could be right

#1031 4 years ago

I’ll know today if I’m getting my LE this weekend. I bet they were able to make some then had to stop due to the motors not showing up on time.

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

[quoted image]

I like this, especially if it glows in the dark, is this the mezelmods one?

Also I dont know if I can without it looking stupid, but id love to illuminate the tiny arcade sign just above the shooter rod. Small detail, I like that little sign but I simply cant see it in my basement.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll know today if I’m getting my LE this weekend. I bet they were able to make some then had to stop due to the motors not showing up on time.

I got an extra for ya!!

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I got an extra for ya!!

Haha. Yeah stern just leave the motor off. My buddy has an extra. Haha

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

trindawg has 17 nib motors at his house that were to be used in LE machines.

OMG !! You guys are killing me over here !!

#1036 4 years ago

@chuckwurt, I also have a couple driver boards available too.

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

OMG !! You guys are killing me over here !!

I could feel your frustration, and think you were an absolute champ through all of it. For this being your first nib machine you just pulled the short straw for sure, and seemingly all over stupid wire connector.

So, now that you got it all worked out im genuinely happy, and even better, we can harass you about it.

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I could feel your frustration, and think you were an absolute champ through all of it. For this being your first nib machine you just pulled the short straw for sure, and seemingly all over stupid wire connector.
So, now that you got it all worked out im genuinely happy, and even better, we can harass you about it.

I’m happy too. Also happy it had nothing to do with my mods. I hooked my shaker motor back up. Gonna hook my speaker lights back up too.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

[quoted image]

Very cool. Can I buy the dice somewhere? I have blanks shooter rods from Pinball life.

#1040 4 years ago

An update on my weird opto issue. I have been in contact with Pablo at Stern and we are troubleshooting. I have reseated the connections for the problematic optos but with the issue being so intermittent it is hard to diagnose the cause. He said the two instances they have seen where the optos failed they were constantly registering closed/open so it was very noticeable.

I played a bunch last night as well as this morning and I only saw one oddity in probably 20 games. I had ball lock ready and started Morse code in the pops. I shot the right ramp then the left triggering the ball lock. Morse code then completed spelling out the words while the ball was still waiting with the up post. I can't say for sure if that is related or not but it was the one oddity I saw. That one feels like it could have been a code issue.

I'm trying to get the issue on video for them. That is my next goal in troubleshooting this.

#1041 4 years ago

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Very cool. Can I buy the dice somewhere? I have blanks shooter rods from Pinball life.

Yeah you can buy the dice but it would very small compared to the one shown. Too small actually. The rod would probably be bigger then the D20 die!

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I posted in the thread earlier that the same thing happened to me and I just removed the gate. No issues so far. I let Stern know and they recommended to stretch the gate out a little bit to better fit the space. My game is out on location and I was concerned about future service calls so I just removed it. My gate looked like yours on the right side so I think they just come like that.

The only issue I have is sometimes the ball will get stuck on the remaining gate in front of the mystery shot on a weaker shot. A small nudge will get the ball out but it scares new players to get the ball stuck. Not sure if the gate that we removed helped the ball maintain momentum so it didn't get stuck at that spot.

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

An update on my weird opto issue. I have been in contact with Pablo at Stern and we are troubleshooting. I have reseated the connections for the problematic optos but with the issue being so intermittent it is hard to diagnose the cause. He said the two instances they have seen where the optos failed they were constantly registering closed/open so it was very noticeable.
I played a bunch last night as well as this morning and I only saw one oddity in probably 20 games. I had ball lock ready and started Morse code in the pops. I shot the right ramp then the left triggering the ball lock. Morse code then completed spelling out the words while the ball was still waiting with the up post. I can't say for sure if that is related or not but it was the one oddity I saw. That one feels like it could have been a code issue.
I'm trying to get the issue on video for them. That is my next goal in troubleshooting this.

When the new Optos fail, it’s intermittent. It’s usually never always. That’s just what happens. This is per Stern when I was trying to diagnose the god-awful Gene head design on Kiss.

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yeah you can buy the dice but it would very small compared to the one shown. Too small actually. The rod would probably be bigger then the D20 die!

where did yours come from?.....Just saw yours is for sale Good Luck!

#1046 4 years ago

Getting my LE tomorrow!!

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Getting my LE tomorrow!!

Jealous!

#1048 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Game room guys

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Dang! Just got it working and already selling? Bummer.

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Getting my LE tomorrow!!

My biggest worry now is that your videos will be on LE, while I have a Pro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,206 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.