IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 449.
#951 4 years ago

What do Aerosmith saucers look like? It’s the same type of setup. I feel like those have held up well.

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I agree 100% w/ your concerns >
A damage ability should be added to the code to w/ the difficulty of a direct hit of the demogorgon. This should be adjustable in the service menu w/ consideration to your skill level. Possibly two hits for the first battle, then add an addition hit w/ each level increase.
When the ramp comes up on the second demogorgon battle, I simply do not flip. No doubt hitting the ramp edge would not be good. Hope Stern has replacements for the ramp, as this will eventually happen.
With the playfield layout of the kick-out hole there will be gradual wear. The kick-out hole is situated w/ a steel ball rolling over it & clipping the top edge each time. If there's a compatible cliffy protection I would like to protect this ASAP.
Other than that we are very pleased w/ our STh's Pro. I will give a complete rundown of this machine in a week or so. Right now, STh's is a very good game w/ great potential. Looking very forward to the next code update >>>
As you stated jandrea95 ~ No regrets!

I did reach out to Cliff, he said a templateer should be helping him soon, but could be a while obviously as hes just one guy. Those few things I genuinely feel are important and will certainly give me a piece of mind. Im with you, I dont flip when the first ball drains, but it really takes your head out of the flow.

#953 4 years ago

Curious to see if anyone else is having issues with the right orbit? Mine only makes it to the pops 10 percent of the time. Usually it rattles around just in front of the switch so I don’t get credit for the shot and will go up into the pop exit alley then come down hit a spot on the rail and go sdtm.

#954 4 years ago

no issues making the right orbit here.

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do Aerosmith saucers look like? It’s the same type of setup. I feel like those have held up well.

Yeah I am sure it will be fine. I just personally want it protected, it really is a personal thing. Just like after I put cliffys on my Metallica around the mushrooming magnets, after that, I just enjoyed the game more, haha. Now, thousands of plays later, game still looks amazing, so I want my stranger things to be the same.

Quoted from Kharris:

Curious to see if anyone else is having issues with the right orbit? Mine only makes it to the pops 10 percent of the time. Usually it rattles around just in front of the switch so I don’t get credit for the shot and will go up into the pop exit alley then come down hit a spot on the rail and go sdtm.

Yeah its a super tight shot. I would say I am way better off than your 10 percent, but, I would say 50 percent of the shots are butter smooth, and 50 percent are rattling clunkers depending on how I hit it. This one MAY be intentional, but curious to see what others think.

I just got notification my titan rubbers are in, so tonight I am going to tear all the ramps out, change the rubbers, and give everything a good wax, including the orbit metal. Things certainly feel "sticky" compared to when I first played the game.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yeah I am sure it will be fine. I just personally want it protected, it really is a personal thing. Just like after I put cliffys on my Metallica around the mushrooming magnets, after that, I just enjoyed the game more, haha. Now, thousands of plays later, game still looks amazing, so I want my stranger things to be the same.

Yeah its a super tight shot. I would say I am way better off than your 10 percent, but, I would say 50 percent of the shots are butter smooth, and 50 percent are rattling clunkers depending on how I hit it. This one MAY be intentional, but curious to see what others think.
I just got notification my titan rubbers are in, so tonight I am going to tear all the ramps out, change the rubbers, and give everything a good wax, including the orbit metal. Things certainly feel "sticky" compared to when I first played the game.

Which kit did u order for the rubbers? Im going to replace mine also and am not sure which to order.

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Which kit did u order for the rubbers? Im going to replace mine also and am not sure which to order.

Check page 35 of the manual https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/StrangerThings_Pro_web.pdf

There is no kit yet, I was going to upload one others could use, but seemed like a pain.

Just click this link https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52 and start adding to cart accordingly, everything the way its listed in the manual (OD vs ID, etc) corresponds to titans site, its pretty nice. Image of my order below for reference.

titan (resized).jpgtitan (resized).jpg
#958 4 years ago

Crazy how this game has like 10 rubbers on it.

#959 4 years ago

I always go up 1/4 on the slings with titans now and also some others to get more original feel

#960 4 years ago

Picked up my Pro today. The code was on 0.61 så I only played two games and updating it now. Hit the Demogorgon on the first play, did not really level the game at all so maybe a lucky hit.

83402006_10161504013708682_7492228607129944064_o (resized).jpg83402006_10161504013708682_7492228607129944064_o (resized).jpg84684180_10161505260353682_8013082645485322240_o (resized).jpg84684180_10161505260353682_8013082645485322240_o (resized).jpg84454286_10161505264278682_7477622230810099712_o (resized).jpg84454286_10161505264278682_7477622230810099712_o (resized).jpg83508324_10161505398533682_8821856198849462272_o (resized).jpg83508324_10161505398533682_8821856198849462272_o (resized).jpg
#961 4 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

Picked up my Pro today. The code was on 0.61 så I only played two games and updating it now. Hit the Demogorgon on the first play, did not really level the game at all so maybe a lucky hit.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! On stock flipper settings, I had no trouble hitting the demo. However, on stock settings you get a lot of airballs. The challenge is to strike a balance between airballs and hitting the demo by finding the sweet spot on flipper strength and pitch. I'm at 6.8 and 210 and can hit the demo shot and have not airballs

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Congrats! On stock flipper settings, I had no trouble hitting the demo. However, on stock settings you get a lot of airballs. The challenge is to strike a balance between airballs and hitting the demo by finding the sweet spot on flipper strength and pitch. I'm at 6.8 and 210 and can hit the demo shot and have not airballs

Thank you!
I guess stock setting is max strenght on the flippers? I will try and dial this in, now the update is done and I will finally get to play

#963 4 years ago

Just had my best game ever. Hit the first demogorgan on the second or third try. Then played the second one and managed to hit it twice one time being off the right flipper. First time I've ever done that on this machine. Big change was to use the digital inclinometer to adjust the pitch to 6.5 exactly at the drop targets. Interestingly it reads 6.31 at the flippers and these measurements are repeatable. Not sure if that means there is a sag in my playfield or what. I've never had something that could so accurately tell the incline. Going to look at what my munsters is set at next. I believe it's very close to 7 but we'll see. Flippers are currently set at 225. Plays so much better now that it's not floaty.

IMG_20200129_121540683 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_121540683 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_113426403 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_113426403 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_113443491 (resized).jpgIMG_20200129_113443491 (resized).jpg
#965 4 years ago

Haven’t been keeping up with the thread so, apologies if this type of info has already been posted. We have 3 of these on location, the post reliably fails around 400 plays.

Initially we tried to reinsert the nylon post into the metal core, and amazingly it’s really hard to pull apart by hand.. but still managed to work itself out over another 100 plays.

I went back to two part epoxy in the bottom, and will let everyone knows how that does.. this is the same thing I did for the Jurassic pro UR flipper post, and the Newton ball on the car though.

4A27D9B5-C2DB-43F0-833D-F45B2D060540 (resized).jpeg4A27D9B5-C2DB-43F0-833D-F45B2D060540 (resized).jpeg9EFA7757-865C-46CB-AC80-803952255731 (resized).jpeg9EFA7757-865C-46CB-AC80-803952255731 (resized).jpegD6A48ACF-A3E0-4C81-9885-DE6F4361D87A (resized).jpegD6A48ACF-A3E0-4C81-9885-DE6F4361D87A (resized).jpegE1533DB1-5777-423A-9C26-6545DE744E96 (resized).jpegE1533DB1-5777-423A-9C26-6545DE744E96 (resized).jpeg
#966 4 years ago

I've had the ball lock post pop up twice. Super glued it once which didn't work. According to the manual (https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/StrangerThings_Pro_web.pdf page 44) the post is 6.56" long. You could use this one (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10703 or this one https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19096) and cut it down assuming it fits in the Stern coil. The Monster Bash one that someone posted is too short but it looks like there's a set screw in it so maybe the ST plastic piece will fit?

I think they need more play testing in the QA area at Stern...

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Not sure if that means there is a sag in my playfield or what.

One thing I do to check accuracy of an inclinometer (spelling?) is to flip it 180 degrees at the measuring spot. If you don't get the exact same value (inverted) you need to understand what the diff is.

#968 4 years ago

You guys try loctite on it? I’ve had success with it on other applications.

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

You guys try loctite on it? I’ve had success with it on other applications.

Loctite is thread locker, there are no threads on this.

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

My thoughts exactly. Sheesh. For 6k I thought I’d get a better quality machine. My goodness. I had a wiring issue right out of the box with my machine. Finally got it fixed after 2 weeks of troubleshooting.

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

I've had the ball lock post pop up twice. Super glued it once which didn't work. According to the manual (https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/StrangerThings_Pro_web.pdf page 44) the post is 6.56" long. You could use this one (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10703 or this one https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-19096) and cut it down assuming it fits in the Stern coil. The Monster Bash one that someone posted is too short but it looks like there's a set screw in it so maybe the ST plastic piece will fit?

Has anyone replaced the plastic up post with one of these? I’m concerned since my Stranger Things is on location.

#972 4 years ago

New mechs of this style should be put into a rig, with a counter to test durability. I can see how a person would think, the post won’t work itself out given how hard it is to pull out by hand. But not testing and verifying is just plain “technical arrogance” when dealing with the design of a commercial machine.

That being said, the part is very serviceable. It’s three 1/4” hex screws to remove the mech from the playfield. The coil is attached to the play field wiring by a harness. And 4 screws that secure the mechanism to the assembly.

I’m more miffed about the dimples in the playfield and and ramp flaps than this post. Playfield protectors aren’t really a good option for games on location as they usually cause a lot of ball hangups.

The demigorgan requires the play field angle and ball velocity to be pretty specific to be reliably makeable. Which means as the playfield gets dirty and the flippers start to wear, the vans needs to be adjusted to compensate. For home use, probably not a big deal. I fear always having to adjust flipper power and incline every 1k plays or so.

#973 4 years ago

Got mine yesterday, first nib ever.

Set it up level, no idea on slope but bubble right up top, guessing 7+, changed flippers to 190, backbox lighting to 30, speech attenuation to 40, pulled all gi and replaced, added trough light.

I'm a shit player, got demo 3rd attempt and getting it about 1 in 6 from each flipper.

Redecalling custom this weekend.
Custom translite at the printers.

Personal initial thoughts, cab pretty slap together, too much purple and pink everywhere, show was more dark and red.
Love the EQ option for sound but balance between music and sfx out for me. Looking forward to messing with pinball browser.
Gameplay fun, ramp flow reminds me of Theatre and there is the hint of afm there.
Plastic art pretty sad cut and paste photoshop will look at my own to replace.
Looking forward to code updates and more call outs.

But I love customising, love this theme, so more than happy with purchase. It's cool! Way cool!!

In in the stern army, but a conscientious objector!

#974 4 years ago

I’ve heard dimples are Normal on playfields nowadays. It did concern me too once I started seeing them on my playfield. However, that being said, it appears that they’re starting to flatten out some. So. I don’t know. It is what it is I guess.

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Has anyone replaced the plastic up post with one of these? I’m concerned since my Stranger Things is on location.

I would disable it in the settings for now until some of use can try some of these remedies and see what works best.

#976 4 years ago

Just gave it a nice wax. Game is too damn fast ! Lol. It’s amazing how butter smooth this is with wax and titan rubbers. Feels so good.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I have mine set up so the backbox turns off when a ball is in play.

I owe you a beer. I didn’t realize you could set the back box different for gameplay. Huge.

#978 4 years ago

Who here thinks that during telekinesis multiball, that Modes should be suspended during the multiball? Personally , I think there’s too much going on during multiball to try and complete the mode that you were on. Just a thought.

#979 4 years ago

Really enjoying the progression of this thread so far. We are actually discussing what needs to be accomplished to improve this title w/ constructive criticism. The other STh's thread is nothing but a pissing contest of unrelated drama & Stern bashing garbage. That thread just reminds me of a bunch of twelve year olds that have the answer to everything. Human nature never ceases to amaze me.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Really enjoying the progression of this thread so far. We are actually discussing what needs to be accomplished to improve this title w/ constructive criticism. The other STh's thread is nothing but a pissing contest of unrelated drama & Stern bashing garbage. That thread just reminds me of a bunch of twelve year olds that have the answer to everything. Human nature never ceases to amaze me.

Agree 100 percent.

Also, if anyone else has changed their rubbers out, how in the blue hell did you change the one to the immediate left of the pop bumpers? I didnt bother changing that one, nor do I see the need to right now, but it certainly seems like you have to take the lower post off it wraps around. Even still seems like a bear to get back in there as it pinches the rubber in between the post and the rail for the burn it out loop.

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Who here thinks that during telekinesis multiball, that Modes should be suspended during the multiball? Personally , I think there’s too much going on during multiball to try and complete the mode that you were on. Just a thought.

Not a big fan of this. I like to stack modes into MB. I like that some things can stack and others can’t.

If everything locks everything else out it make for a more frustrating experience when trying to get as far into the game as possible.

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a big fan of this. I like to stack modes into MB. I like that some things can stack and others can’t.
If everything locks everything else out it make for a more frustrating experience when trying to get as far into the game as possible.

I don’t know. Maybe then they should freeze the countdown of the mode?

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I don’t know. Maybe then they should freeze the countdown of the mode?

Then you’d be able to abuse the scoring in the mode as it would effectively guarantee you complete the mode.

I believe you can only stack one story mode with MB, so that’s fine with me.

If you think this is bad, play WOZ or any Keith Johnson game. Nothing locks you out of anything. You could have 10 things running at once. Haha

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It’s extremely common to stack modes/multiballs in pinball. This make strategy very important.

Take Star Wars for example, you can stack two modes at a time and also start a multi all with both modes running. Makes for some great high paced action plus makes it so everyone has a different attack strategy to the game.

Idk your pinball history but remember you saying this is your first new in box, just keep playing and you will start to get develop your own strategy for the game. I haven’t got to play this game yet but am really looking forward to it.

#985 4 years ago

I believe you can stack 1 mode, telekinesis multiball, demodogs, and the first and third demogorgan if it's down before anything else starts. Makes for quite hectic play and a lot to do lol. I've definitely completed modes using multiball and for some it's a huge help because the modes are so short.

#986 4 years ago

It’s not my first machine that I’ve purchased. It’s just my first NIB. I own a South Park. And the rule set to that game kind of suck. But yeah. I’m still trying to develop a strategy to this game. With all the problems I’ve been having with it, I haven’t been able to play for any length of time. Except for now. Problem has been fixed. So I’m spending more time with it.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Check page 35 of the manual https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/StrangerThings_Pro_web.pdf
There is no kit yet, I was going to upload one others could use, but seemed like a pain.
Just click this link https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52 and start adding to cart accordingly, everything the way its listed in the manual (OD vs ID, etc) corresponds to titans site, its pretty nice. Image of my order below for reference.[quoted image]

Is there a reason you went with the thin flipper rubber over the standard sized one? I’m going to put my order in today as well.

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Is there a reason you went with the thin flipper rubber over the standard sized one? I’m going to put my order in today as well.

I got the thick for my Metallica. I like them, but a little too bouncy. I really like the thin ones, no regrets.

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I got the thick for my Metallica. I like them, but a little too bouncy. I really like the thin ones, no regrets.

Hmm. Maybe I’ll order both sizes and see which I like better.

#990 4 years ago

And what about post sleeves? I wanted to order those as well but I don’t see any sizes in the manual.

#991 4 years ago

My opto issue on the left ramp is back. Locking balls without any going near it. Had not happened since I last mentioned it and removed the bit hanging around it. Might have to call stern on this one.

Also, anyone else sometimes getting the mystery shot registering the completion of the drop targets? Happens from time to time. Seems like another potential opto issue.

#992 4 years ago

My opto issue on the left ramp is back. Locking balls without any going near it. Had not happened since I last mentioned it and removed the bit hanging around it. Might have to call stern on this one.
Also, anyone else sometimes getting the mystery shot registering the completion of the drop targets? Happens from time to time. Seems like another potential opto issue.

This happens to me sometimes as well. Also, I go into modes without completing the amount of times I Have to go up ramps or orbit lanes. It’s weird.

#993 4 years ago

Maybe it is a software bug then. I have reached out to stern to see what they say. Will respond back when I hear something

#994 4 years ago

usually loose opto connectors. Try to determine if the problem is related to movement at all. shake the game, cab, etc. Normally the optos have enough leeway that it's not usually a physical alignment issue.. but usually the connectors, wires, followed by the optos themselves

#995 4 years ago

I've tried shaking the game and that did not cause them to register. The optos are very securely mounted to the ramp and I was unable to get them to move. I've also put it in switch test mode and have not been able to get them to misbehave there either. I'll pull up the playfield tonight and reseat the connectors and see if that resolves it.

#996 4 years ago

Plastic protectors. Yes or no?

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Plastic protectors. Yes or no?

I usually get the slings and flipper lane guides. Add some color and protect.

#998 4 years ago

Ok. So this just happened. The one way gate under my demogorgon toy broke or came loose. I can’t tell. How in the world do we get under there to fix it.

46FF99C6-E90E-4616-9295-A39B3C7913BD (resized).jpeg46FF99C6-E90E-4616-9295-A39B3C7913BD (resized).jpeg8236958A-32E7-4D2F-9F1C-B4C1D5FC1C3E (resized).jpeg8236958A-32E7-4D2F-9F1C-B4C1D5FC1C3E (resized).jpeg
#999 4 years ago

Was able to fish it out of there. Looks like it got sheared on the right side as shown on pic. Don’t know where the other piece is though.

1427BD38-03F5-415E-9A3F-C8294164BDC1 (resized).jpeg1427BD38-03F5-415E-9A3F-C8294164BDC1 (resized).jpeg
#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Ok. So this just happened. The one way gate under my demogorgon toy broke or came loose. I can’t tell. How in the world do we get under there to fix it.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like an operators nightmare. How hard is that to replace?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/20?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.