IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 448.
#10401 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

1. Several times I’ve gotten “More Time” with no mode running (no DD, no DG, no chapter).

Did you have 2x playfield or bullshit running?

Second one is a bug for sure. Can’t remember if I reported that. I would send it to the bug email at stern to be safe.

#10402 2 years ago

So, I'm installing my UV kit (finally!!!) and saw this sticker on my playfield... Has this been seen and discussed? Did I just happen upon a big secret about what's happening in the old Stern factory? Or is this just something I don't understand?

PXL_20210515_041419068 (resized).jpgPXL_20210515_041419068 (resized).jpg
#10403 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you have 2x playfield or bullshit running?
Second one is a bug for sure. Can’t remember if I reported that. I would send it to the bug email at stern to be safe.

Definitely not bullshit, but possibly 2X scoring. I’ll try to set up my overhead rig and try to catch it happening again. The 2nd one I don’t mind as much, now that I’m a Demogorgon slayer.

#10404 2 years ago

Code name. All stern games have them. For instance, Jurassic Park’s was Jaws.

#10405 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

So, I'm installing my UV kit (finally!!!) and saw this sticker on my playfield... Has this been seen and discussed? Did I just happen upon a big secret about what's happening in the old Stern factory? Or is this just something I don't understand?

That’s the code name for the game, cool that they used “Goonies”. I think it was “Furry Hats” for Guardians and “Jaws” for Jurassic Park.

#10406 2 years ago

Boo. But sweet that I've got that UV Kit finally

#10407 2 years ago

I got add time all the time too even with no mode running.

I was gonna ask you guys.

#10408 2 years ago

I have played two pros on location, an LE on location, and my buddy's premium. I can backhand the right ramp on all of them. Not easy but it is doable and once you get the hang of it, it's repeatable.

#10409 2 years ago

I just tried to update my code and now when I turn it on it just keeps saying initializing and starting up the lights never come on the playfield its stuck on a loop

#10410 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I got add time all the time too even with no mode running.
I was gonna ask you guys.

Remember 2x scoring is a mode.

#10411 2 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I just tried to update my code and now when I turn it on it just keeps saying initializing and starting up the lights never come on the playfield its stuck on a loop

Try reflashing the SD card.

#10412 2 years ago

What do you have to do during the final Demogorgan mode? I managed to get the ramp down once and kill it with a ball in the mouth, then the ramp went back up... but didn't come down again... do you have to pick off all the other shots to lower the ramp, a bit like in 'Trap 'em' after the victory roll shots are all complete?

#10413 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

What do you have to do during the final Demogorgan mode? I managed to get the ramp down once and kill it with a ball in the mouth, then the ramp went back up... but didn't come down again... do you have to pick off all the other shots to lower the ramp, a bit like in 'Trap 'em' after the victory roll shots are all complete?

It’s like cherry bomb MB. You hit red shots until the value has grown enough (probably 30 million or so. Look at the main LCD).

Then the ramp lowers and you can collect the super at the mouth or from a bash to death with a lot of bashes. OR, you can keep getting red shots and pump up the value to a max of 100 million, start 2x scoring, and collect at the mouth for 200 million!

The mode is unlimited ball save, 6 balls in play for 60 seconds I believe. Not sure on the timer.

#10414 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s like cherry bomb MB. You hit red shots until the value has grown enough (probably 30 million or so. Look at the main LCD).
Then the ramp lowers and you can collect the super at the mouth or from a bash to death with a lot of bashes. OR, you can keep getting red shots and pump up the value to a max of 100 million, start 2x scoring, and collect at the mouth for 200 million!
The mode is unlimited ball save, 6 balls in play for 60 seconds I believe. Not sure on the timer.

I never got this far, also avoid these demo as much as I can because I drain. Lol
I got to the 3rd one only so far

#10415 2 years ago

I never got this far, also avoid these demo as much as I can because I drain. Lol
I got to the 3rd one only so far

Gotta practice. These modes are huge points.

#10416 2 years ago

I am not running any modes I think but I will keep an eye on it.

#10417 2 years ago

Easy to test. Start a game, stay in single ball mode and just hit the inlanes over and over with glass off and keep collecting mystery. Add time should never be awarded.

#10418 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No you have to light up all the inserts in the middle of the flippers:
5 way combo
Play all demo dog modes
Play all 5 demogorgon modes
Play all the season modes and play the season mini wizard modes
Play TK multiball.

ah thanks. Ive been trying to avoid those middle shots to score well ha.

#10419 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

in play for 60 seconds I believe. Not sure on the timer.

60 seconds is correct. Thanks for the info! Will pay more attention if/when I get there again!

#10420 2 years ago

I want to join the club! Anyone have a premium for sale? Please shoot me a pm.

#10421 2 years ago

Just going to leave these here. #bestleaguenightever

5BF82C4B-98C4-46D8-ACA6-16B9ADF2DBAE (resized).jpeg5BF82C4B-98C4-46D8-ACA6-16B9ADF2DBAE (resized).jpeg5E09BEAE-6AB4-4532-A340-5ECDCE3AFF41 (resized).jpeg5E09BEAE-6AB4-4532-A340-5ECDCE3AFF41 (resized).jpeg8D4FD9D7-F16D-48D2-A306-8CC02A607AAB (resized).jpeg8D4FD9D7-F16D-48D2-A306-8CC02A607AAB (resized).jpeg
#10422 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You've got problems.

#10423 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

please tell us this was on Halloween.
lol

hilarious...

If this was not halloween, please could you tell us what is the general area for your residence? I would like to avoid this area in the future.
jk

lol

#10424 2 years ago

I should have mentioned that we have a little tradition in our league. When someone got Wonka, one of the guys who looks like Gene Wilder dressed up as him. Then for GNR, someone came as Slash. It made those unboxing parties way more fun.

Gonna take a while for my hair to grow back out though.

#10425 2 years ago

Can someone tell me the proper way to get the wire into the cabinet when installing the shooter rod with leds
I have no visual…. Thanks
I’m guessing the plate needs loosened?

#10426 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Can someone tell me the proper way to get the wire into the cabinet when installing the shooter rod with leds

It should have come with a different plate with a notch out that allows the wires to be routed on the side and not get pinched by it.

#10427 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

The entire shooter housing assembly is swapped out. The LEDs are in the housing, not the rod.

#10428 2 years ago

Makes sense mine didn’t come with a plate
Thanks

#10429 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Easy to test. Start a game, stay in single ball mode and just hit the inlanes over and over with glass off and keep collecting mystery. Add time should never be awarded.

I couldn’t reproduce the “Add Time” problem. I did notice that if DD and mystery are both lit, you’ll always get Add Time for the DD attack. That might have been what was confusing me.

I got to the last DG multiball today, and I really should have gotten to TI2 but I choked my way through 2 extra balls.

#10430 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I couldn’t reproduce the “Add Time” problem. I did notice that if DD and mystery are both lit, you’ll always get Add Time for the DD attack. That might have been what was confusing me.

Yep. Agreed.

#10431 2 years ago

Folks,

Looking for some thoughts. I know that Chuck has a video describing the right orbit but I cannot get right orbit exits from the pops to be consistent.
If the ball comes out "normal" it is fine. It rides the rail which I've adjusted. It feeds the right flipper. This happens about 80% of the time.

The problem is when it comes out of the pops with some velocity. It bounces a hair off of the rail and doesn't ride the rail which causes it to hit the top of the sling. (and once in a while bounces over into the left outlane)

I was thinking of adding a one-way gate at the pop exit. My thought is that it would slow the ball enough (just a hair) to have it ride the rail and feed the flipper.

Any thoughts on this? Good idea/bad idea. Any other ideas on getting this consistent?

Thanks,

#10432 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Any thoughts on this? Good idea/bad idea. Any other ideas on getting this consistent?

These feeds were fixed on mine with the added rubber to the post at the shooter lane gate. Kicks the ball to the left flipper on sloppy fast exits from the pops.

#10433 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These feeds were fixed on mine with the added rubber to the post at the shooter lane gate. Kicks the ball to the left flipper on sloppy fast exits from the pops.

I tried the wider rubber ring on the bottom of that post. I was getting inconsistent results with that. The balls that would exit the pops with velocity wouldn't hit that ring. They bounced off the rail and would just miss that ring.

#10434 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I tried the wider rubber ring on the bottom of that post. I was getting inconsistent results with that. The balls that would exit the pops with velocity wouldn't hit that ring. They bounced off the rail and would just miss that ring.

Clean feeds should miss it and feed the flipper. Sloppy feeds will hit it and bounce it to the left flipper.

My guess is your adjustment to your guide rail is why it’s not behaving like mine. I never touched that. Only touched the shooter lane gate and added that rubber.

#10435 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Clean feeds should miss it and feed the flipper. Sloppy feeds will hit it and bounce it to the left flipper.
My guess is your adjustment to your guide rail is why it’s not behaving like mine. I never touched that. Only touched the shooter lane gate and added that rubber.

I was only able to adjust the bottom part of the guide. The upper part where the ball exits the pops is where the problem starts. I have no issues when the ball rides the guiderail. It is the 1 out of 5 that come out of the pops fast which cause the ball to bounce away slightly and roll down without touching the guiderail. Basically it does the exact same thing the left side does when the up post hits the ball while it is rolling out.

My thought was, how to slow that ball exiting the pops just slightly. I might try that one way gate. I am a bit lazy and not in the mood to take a bunch of things off in order to get to that area if I am not sure that it will fix the issue.

How time changes things. 10 years ago, I had no reservations on a full pf teardown and now, I am like....."ehhh, I don't fell like taking off a ramp and some plastics"

#10436 2 years ago

Im back! and I will never leave again lol. Picked up a Stranger Things last night and i am thrilled to have it back in my collection!!! now to get a light kit ROFL...

#10437 2 years ago

Welcome back Ken! Hope all is well.

#10438 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Welcome back Ken! Hope all is well.

yes sir even better now that I got this Pin back. getting ready to go take it out of the box. need to get the sound mod and some other things for it but glad to have it. how have you been? we need to meet up one day and play some pins! Arcade legacy or pinball garage!

#10439 2 years ago

All good here man. Hit me up if you’re ever up here and I will do the same if I come down there.

#10440 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I am sure you have posted several times the fix but can you explain again? Have a photo? I definitely have issues when the ball exits sloppy.

#10441 2 years ago

This shows where my guide, gate and rubber are. Hope this helps.

545E0C4E-F449-4582-BC94-126FC08E58A2 (resized).jpeg545E0C4E-F449-4582-BC94-126FC08E58A2 (resized).jpeg

2D81BADD-9ECA-4A0B-83AD-2E9A6275E544 (resized).jpeg2D81BADD-9ECA-4A0B-83AD-2E9A6275E544 (resized).jpeg

#10442 2 years ago

Yes it does...thanks as always!

#10443 2 years ago

Does Anyone with the cleland mod get random loud clips/beeps? Seems pretty random but sometimes after a game or between balls there is a loud clipping sound. I'm on 1.02, not sure if this normal or some issues with mine. I searched on the subject and couldn't find anything.

#10444 2 years ago
Quoted from JCrusher:

Does Anyone with the cleland mod get random loud clips/beeps? Seems pretty random but sometimes after a game or between balls there is a loud clipping sound. I'm on 1.02, not sure if this normal or some issues with mine. I searched on the subject and couldn't find anything.

No problems for me. Maybe try flashing a different SD card, or re-flash the same one?

#10445 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Folks,
Looking for some thoughts. I know that Chuck has a video describing the right orbit but I cannot get right orbit exits from the pops to be consistent.
If the ball comes out "normal" it is fine. It rides the rail which I've adjusted. It feeds the right flipper. This happens about 80% of the time.
The problem is when it comes out of the pops with some velocity. It bounces a hair off of the rail and doesn't ride the rail which causes it to hit the top of the sling. (and once in a while bounces over into the left outlane)
I was thinking of adding a one-way gate at the pop exit. My thought is that it would slow the ball enough (just a hair) to have it ride the rail and feed the flipper.
Thanks,

I've tried numerous times to get the exit of the right orbit to be consistent and I have come to the conclusion that it will never be consistent. It's better than it used to be, but I still get crap exits resulting in ball drains. I consider shots to the right orbit to be one of the most dangerous in the pin because of it.

If you ever figure something out to make it more consistent, please let me know.

#10446 2 years ago

question for the club:

Which target are you hitting when plunging full power? My game always hit either the first one on the left or the second from the left, or both.

What is the correct arrangement? should it be hitting the middle two?

#10447 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've tried numerous times to get the exit of the right orbit to be consistent and I have come to the conclusion that it will never be consistent. It's better than it used to be, but I still get crap exits resulting in ball drains. I consider shots to the right orbit to be one of the most dangerous in the pin because of it.
If you ever figure something out to make it more consistent, please let me know.

I think this is like the right ramp backhand, where a specific game either has it or it doesn’t. I’ve been really lucky with my right orbit feeding consistently, but it does go SDTM if I don’t raise the right flipper to catch it - no bounce passes. For me, that’s a good compromise.

#10448 2 years ago

Which target are you hitting when plunging full power?

same as you - i think that's by design.

#10449 2 years ago

Same here too. I’m always aiming for the center two targets, so I’d say that’s a 3/4 plunge.

#10450 2 years ago

I dont think I can ever get the middle ones even with a gentle plunge, that is why I was wondering. The best I can do is the second from the left... I guess I need to adjust that ball guide a bit?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/209?hl=scott8806 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.