IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 449.
#10351 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I installed PinMonk’s insert kit tonight, highly recommended. The gradient effect is really nice, and the 3 normally-white inserts aren’t as blinding.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03821-stranger-things-fire-brackets-set

Does it affect the quality of the projector???

#10352 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

Does it affect the quality of the projector???

I have the the Pro, but I assume it would only help with the projector since it’s making the insert darker.

#10353 2 years ago

Honeymoon is over. Game is fun to shoot, but my apathy towards the theme and not enjoying shows or movies with a main cast of kids, starting to wear on me. I don't need to like a game theme - for example, Baywatch, Wonka and Big Hurt are favorites of mine, and I couldn't care less about their themes. But all those kids and clips from a show my wife and I never watched or understand, means she doesn't play it.

Will be keeping for another month or so and will wait for the UV kit to arrive before selling or trading. I bought Stranger Things just because and just to play something new to me for a while.

Next in it's spot? Probably Deadpool.

#10354 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Will be keeping for another month or so and will wait for the UV kit to arrive before selling or trading

Is it a pro or premium?

Never mind I just checked out your collection

#10355 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Is it a pro or premium?

Pro

#10356 2 years ago

I've had the opposite experience with my prem. At first I enjoyed it but it was getting more and more frustrating to play with the tk lock and demogorgon shots not working well; and the outlanes adjusted to hardest from factory. Was thinking it might be my next to turn over for a fresh title.

But after getting all of that dialed in to my liking I find myself enjoying it more and more. Just great atmosphere, fun to shoot, and excellent music. And I really like the tk lock, which is surprisingly satisfying. (I had turned it off until I had it dialed in--didnt think it would be that big of a deal, but have been pleasently surprised. Make sure you get the updated ramp cover folks!)

#10357 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Next in it's spot? Probably Deadpool.

Deadpool Pro was my 2nd choice as well, very fun game. Thanks for your contributions here.

#10358 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yeah I do it, it is tight and the ball does not have a lot of speed... actually tonight is the first night where I was struggling with it after I said I did not... lol but I did get a few even after an hour into playing... so I think that maybe for that alone the fans might be worth it. Other than that, I do not feel I would.

Wow...crazy. I will have to work on it. I've tried many times but it always just seems like impossible geometry. Left ramp sure, all the time, but the right is a different story for me, and I usually backhand everything. New goals! LOL

#10359 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Wow...crazy. I will have to work on it. I've tried many times but it always just seems like impossible geometry. Left ramp sure, all the time, but the right is a different story for me, and I usually backhand everything. New goals! LOL

Go to 10 minutes 20 seconds here.

#10360 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Here’s the video from my stream from last night. YouTube got upset with some of the music, but it seems to still be up. Had some decent games. Newest code and Cleland code too.
We talk some matchplay strategies at the end if you’re competing on this anytime soon.

Were my eyes deceiving me, or did I actually see you backhand the right ramp??

#10361 2 years ago

lol you posted 11 seconds before me

#10362 2 years ago

Yep. I do it all the time since I suck at hitting that forehand.

#10363 2 years ago

Sometimes too when the feed is right, I’ll do a dead bounce off the left flipper from a left orbit feed, and an on the fly backhand with the right flipper up the right ramp.

#10364 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. I do it all the time since I suck at hitting that forehand.

That's crazy.

Somehow the geometry must be different, because I can promise you that I can't do that on my game.

#10365 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's crazy.
Somehow the geometry must be different, because I can promise you that I can't do that on my game.

Same here. I just tried it 10 times, and I either hit the sling post or the left ramp “D” target. I’ve backhanded it on the fly a few times, but that’s just luck.

I have Titan flipper and sling rubbers, same as @chuckwurt. I think the sling rubber may be slightly thicker than the factory rubber, so I’ll go back to that and see if it changes anything.

It took me over a year to realize that I could backhand the right ramp on AS.

#10366 2 years ago

Topper is arriving today!

#10367 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's crazy.

I bet I can.

#10368 2 years ago

I see the problem. I need to find a way to keep the “D” target from getting pushed to the right. I’m pretty sure someone sells something for that purpose.

EDIT: found it! I need to buy like 5 of these for my games: https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints

133F836C-A0DC-45C8-8C02-B75CC8B5AE47 (resized).jpeg133F836C-A0DC-45C8-8C02-B75CC8B5AE47 (resized).jpeg

#10369 2 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

Topper is arriving today!

From where??

#10370 2 years ago

If you can’t backhand the right ramp, does your right sling post look like this? I still can’t make the shot even after straightening the D target. It’s not a huge deal for me since I can make it reliably now from the left flipper.

7DC530DE-065B-4718-8B6A-B03837ED4C4D (resized).jpeg7DC530DE-065B-4718-8B6A-B03837ED4C4D (resized).jpeg
#10371 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I see the problem. I need to find a way to keep the “D” target from getting pushed to the right. I’m pretty sure someone sells something for that purpose.
EDIT: found it! I need to buy like 5 of these for my games: https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-target-splints
[quoted image]

I don't think those splints work on Spike games. Stern changed their standup targets to use a metal plate that is supposed to help against lean, but it's not perfect. The mezelmod splints are designed for the older style (SAM) targets that don't have those 90-degree plates. I bought the splints for GB but it they didn't fit because of the newer style brackets.

#10372 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you can’t backhand the right ramp, does your right sling post look like this? I still can’t make the shot even after straightening the D target. It’s not a huge deal for me since I can make it reliably now from the left flipper.
[quoted image]

BE5799D6-8E22-4695-95E8-80CA48962346 (resized).jpegBE5799D6-8E22-4695-95E8-80CA48962346 (resized).jpeg
#10374 2 years ago

Link works, thanks. I’ll try to center my sling post to see if that helps.

#10375 2 years ago

Well damn. Freaking LEs must be shaped differently than pros. LOL

I'll work on it and report back. Now it's a mission. I've done it plenty on the fly (mostly luck), but never from a cradle. Heck, I can backhand the JP left ramp most of the time, so I don't THINK it's just lack of skill (ha!).

#10377 2 years ago

Is the general consensus they are done running premiums on these ?

#10378 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I'd like to know that also. I've been searching for a premium. Some dealers say they are done, another said if they run them again it will not be until 2022.

#10379 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Well damn. Freaking LEs must be shaped differently than pros. LOL
I'll work on it and report back. Now it's a mission. I've done it plenty on the fly (mostly luck), but never from a cradle. Heck, I can backhand the JP left ramp most of the time, so I don't THINK it's just lack of skill (ha!).

Yeah...zero chance of a right ramp backhand on mine. Early enough to work hits the sling post. A fraction of a second later hits the target on the left of the ramp. There is no middle ground. Watching Chuck's clip above, if I flip as far down the flipper as he is, it would hit the center of the target...nowhere near the ramp. I'll try it glass off some time so I can concentrate on just doing it again and again, but I really do not think it's physically possible on mine. I do use Perfect Play flipper rubber which could make a difference, but it was the same before I switched from the stock rubber. I'm a little steep, but not much. Chuck's seems to be steeper than mine. There must be just enough variance machine to machine to kill the backhand for some of us.

#10380 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yes, in my search for a NIB premium I was told by 4 separate Distributors that Stern was done with premiums and the next run of Pros will be it. Never say never, but it doesn't sound overly promising. On that note, I'd guess the Stern accessories will be drying up as well......

ZMeny Stranger Things seems to be trending up!

#10381 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...zero chance of a right ramp backhand on mine. Early enough to work hits the sling post. A fraction of a second later hits the target on the left of the ramp. There is no middle ground. Watching Chuck's clip above, if I flip as far down the flipper as he is, it would hit the center of the target...nowhere near the ramp. I'll try it glass off some time so I can concentrate on just doing it again and again, but I really do not think it's physically possible on mine. I do use Perfect Play flipper rubber which could make a difference, but it was the same before I switched from the stock rubber. I'm a little steep, but not much. Chuck's seems to be steeper than mine. There must be just enough variance machine to machine to kill the backhand for some of us.

After looking at the slow mo video, there’s really no clearance whatsoever, so I can see slight variations in the games changing things.

#10382 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Yes, in my search for a NIB premium I was told by 4 separate Distributors that Stern was done with premiums and the next run of Pros will be it. Never say never, but it doesn't sound overly promising. On that note, I'd guess the Stern accessories will be drying up as well......
ZMeny Stranger Things seems to be trending up!

I have only been able to play one on route.. hard to see the projector and hit the demogorgan.. I’d like to try it at home but not at over MSRP

#10383 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I have only been able to play one on route.. hard to see the projector and hit the demogorgan.. I’d like to try it at home but not at over MSRP

Most likely it will have the UV kit which could potentially put you over MSRP. FYI.

#10384 2 years ago

Ordered a Pro today. Can't wait for it to show up!!

#10385 2 years ago

Next Level Pinball in Oregon

#10386 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Don’t judge the Premium/LE based on a location game. But I don’t know anyone who’s been unhappy with the Pro.

#10387 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Don’t judge the Premium/LE based on a location game. But I don’t know anyone who’s been unhappy with the Pro.

The pro is a great game!!

#10388 2 years ago

Anyone have a source for a UV kit on a Pro?

#10389 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I am using the exact same rubber as Chuck. Physically impossible for me to backhand the right ramp shot on mine too. Chuck lucked out. Game would definitely be easier if I could backhand the right ramp

#10390 2 years ago

I’m convinced now that backhanding the right ramp is a Pre/LE feature. I could fix the right sling alignment on my Pro, but that would be cheating.

#10391 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m convinced now that backhanding the right ramp is a Pre/LE feature. I could fix the right sling alignment on my Pro, but that would be cheating.

I have the LE. No dice on backhanding the right ramp.

#10392 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have the LE. No dice on backhanding the right ramp.

must be a special feature for streamers.

#10393 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a Pro and waiting for the UV kit. Will install shaker motor, speakers and Pinsound this weekend. Put in ninja chrome balls as well. Can't wait to get it going! I'm almost aftaid to play it without the UV kit, like it's in an incomplete state.

#10394 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Fair enough .. hair seems like the projector (and assuming it works) ball lock are great features ? I am toying with the idea of routing a game maybe I could get a pro .. play it a short time and then put it out . Seems the theme may do well?

#10395 2 years ago

finally broke the Billion club tonight on my LE. was 250m better than my previous high. So to get to the final showdown do I have to finish total isolation MB 3 times? I struggle to get to it once!

#10396 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Fair enough .. hair seems like the projector (and assuming it works) ball lock are great features ? I am toying with the idea of routing a game maybe I could get a pro .. play it a short time and then put it out . Seems the theme may do well?

If you plan to put it on location you’ll want to go pro, IMO.

#10397 2 years ago

I think I found a few bugs:

1. Several times I’ve gotten “More Time” with no mode running (no DD, no DG, no chapter).
2. “Monster Hunting” started when the ramp was down for a DG mode.

#10398 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Can't wait to get it going! I'm almost aftaid to play it without the UV kit, like it's in an incomplete state.

Awesome! Glad you got one. Interested to hear your thoughts. Definitely play without the kit and then it will be that much better when you see the difference.

#10399 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I could get a pro

Pro for location 100%. It will earn big time. Also it’s easier to maintain than the prem. You have to clean the projector screens a lot. And it won’t earn any more than the pro.

#10400 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So to get to the final showdown do I have to finish total isolation MB 3 times?

No you have to light up all the inserts in the middle of the flippers:

5 way combo
Play all demo dog modes
Play all 5 demogorgon modes
Play all the season modes and play the season mini wizard modes
Play TK multiball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,425 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.