IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 448.
#10301 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Outside of the UV kit, mines stock.

I think the projector helps illuminate the game. Pro is kinda dark without it. I’ve turned down the GI on Aerosmith for now so my pupils don’t dilate

#10302 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think the projector helps illuminate the game.

That reminded me. To allow the projector to look better, all my inserts are only 20% brightness. So my game is probably darker than yours.

#10303 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just hope that everyone who owns the game and wants the topper can get it for MSRP. It does make me mad when people buy the topper and don’t even have the game.

Same. That and people selling pre-order slots on pins. Disgusting to see people selling a slot for a machine.

#10304 2 years ago

Topper—
Would it work the same on a Pro vs. Premium?
For those that have it, how would you rate the integration and value/enjoyment you get for the cost?
Does it connect easily, physically (or does it just rest on top of backbox) and electronically?
I haven’t seen one in person.
For owners, are you happy with purchase?
Thinking of ordering one.
Thanks.

#10305 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That reminded me. To allow the projector to look better, all my inserts are only 20% brightness. So my game is probably darker than yours.

That may actually help make it look brighter. I notice that when I turn down my insert brightness, my pupils open up and I can see the GI better. I should try that.

#10306 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Speaking of lighting...have anyone added spotlights to the playfield? My STH Pro looks pretty dark next to Aerosmith.

I've added spotlights to some games, but StTh is a no go for me. The theme (IMO) is dark, so I want it dark.

#10307 2 years ago

Does Bullsh*t mode only come up on Mystery late into the game, say around 1 billion score? We have only seen it once in two weeks. Are all the Mystery awards coded? Many of them don’t seem to be awarded often...?

#10308 2 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Can Bullsh*t mode only come up on Mystery late into the game, say around 1 billion score? We have only seen it once in two weeks. Are all the Mystery awards coded? Many of them don’t seem to be awarded often...?

In about 400 plays, I've gotten Bull@hit mode twice. I also seem to disproportionally get Mystery awards that are numbered 11 or higher.

#10309 2 years ago

Bull@hit mode is the 4th mystery award if you set it for competition play. The key thing is to avoid the Mystery shot when you’re in a mode, so you don’t waste it on a “More Time”, which doesn’t count toward the mystery award progression.

#10310 2 years ago

only saw bullshit twice in 800 games, and drained shortly after so I do not even know what it does.

#10311 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

only saw bullshit twice in 800 games, and drained shortly after so I do not even know what it does.

It’s just a switch frenzy mode, like “DOH” in TSPP.

#10312 2 years ago

In my recent recorded stream video I get it at least once. It’s a switch frenzy mode where there is a sound fx, shaker rumble and a different character saying bullshit with every switch you hit.

#10313 2 years ago

Needs more bull$hit.

#10314 2 years ago

Definitely a sweet mode. Plus it’s a mode so every other mystery award will be add time. The timer on it is pretty long too. You can keep it going a long time if you keep getting mystery awards.

#10315 2 years ago

I installed the Rocket City Pinball Start Button Mod and thought you all might want to see it in action. SkyKing2301

#10316 2 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

Topper—
Would it work the same on a Pro vs. Premium?
For those that have it, how would you rate the integration and value/enjoyment you get for the cost?
Does it connect easily, physically (or does it just rest on top of backbox) and electronically?
I haven’t seen one in person.
For owners, are you happy with purchase?
Thinking of ordering one.
Thanks.

Topper works the same on Pro or Prem.

2 connections. Power and data(network cable). It integrates nicely with the game. It screws into the top of the backbox. You remove 4 screws already there and reinstall them through the topper.

I'm a topper guy so yes I am happy with my purchase.

As far as value/enjoyment is concerned that's very subjective and really up to the owner. Can you live without it? Of course. It is integrated but brings nothing additional like the JP and SW toppers. TBH you never get a chance to look at it while playing.

#10317 2 years ago

I could definitely see buying this topper for a location pin. If you can pull in more plays, it’ll pay for itself pretty quickly. This topper would make me walk in to take a look for sure.

#10318 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Topper works the same on Pro or Prem.
2 connections. Power and data(network cable). It integrates nicely with the game. It screws into the top of the backbox. You remove 4 screws already there and reinstall them through the topper.
I'm a topper guy so yes I am happy with my purchase.
As far as value/enjoyment is concerned that's very subjective and really up to the owner. Can you live without it? Of course. It is integrated but brings nothing additional like the JP and SW toppers. TBH you never get a chance to look at it while playing.

Thx

#10319 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I could definitely see buying this topper for a location pin. If you can pull in more plays, it’ll pay for itself pretty quickly. This topper would make me walk in to take a look for sure.

Thx

#10320 2 years ago

Bazzy, what’s up with your avatar? Please tell me that’s not someone wearing someone else’s face. Heheh.

#10321 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Bazzy, what’s up with your avatar? Please tell me that’s not someone wearing someone else’s face. Heheh.

Old Halloween mask from Halloween night 2015. LOL. It’s pretty good eh!

#10322 2 years ago

swampfire speaking of avatars, yours is pretty damn cool!!

#10323 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

swampfire speaking of avatars, yours is pretty damn cool!!

Thanks, I’ve had it for so long, I’m reluctant to change it. It’s an actual picture of me in 1922 when my dad let me smoke his pipe for a laugh.

#10324 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Thanks, I’ve had it for so long, I’m reluctant to change it. It’s an actual picture of me in 1922 when my dad let me smoke his pipe for a laugh.

1922?!

So what are you, 110 years old?

#10325 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

1922?!
So what are you, 110 years old?

Bad joke. I’d use my actual picture, but I’m just an old white guy like 90% of the dudes on Pinside.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10326 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Bad joke. I’d use my actual picture, but I’m just an old white guy like 90% of the dudes on Pinside.

Uh oh...dare I ask what you qualify as “old”? Lol

#10327 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Uh oh...dare I ask what you qualify as “old”? Lol

Yeah, maybe not 90%. I’m in my 50’s, so probably a bit older than the average Pinsider.

#10328 2 years ago

I finally started to click with the game, it only took 810 games... now I am consistently getting games on 200-400 million.

So I am not sure what happened in my head, but I am getting the shots... there was a point where I had actually zoned out completely and then I realized I had 5 way combo going... very strange.

Stranger things!! lol

Anyway, this game is fun... I think it is bolted to the floor here!

#10329 2 years ago

Anyway, this game is fun... I think it is bolted to the floor here!

I’m still in the 2-week honeymoon period, but I think it’s bolted for me too. I’m having so much more fun with it than I did with JP. I don’t know whether it’s the flow, the theme, the music and SFX or all of the above, but I’m pretty addicted. It’s all about the Drawings.

#10330 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m still in the 2-week honeymoon period, but I think it’s bolted for me too. I’m having so much more fun with it than I did with JP. I don’t know whether it’s the flow, the theme, the music and SFX or all of the above, but I’m pretty addicted. It’s all about the Drawings.

This pin clicked with me immediately because as soon as I played it, it reminded me of a 90s WMS pin. Easy to understand rules, tried and true layout (I had a MM for years and this reminds me of MM)

#10331 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I don't know how common this issue is. There are a TON of optos in the center area of the demogorgon. The one that I have the issue with is, for lack of a better name, the demogorgon exit opto. It's the one that completes words when sneaking behind the drops, starts the demogorgon mode, and completes some of the modes. On my machine, from time to time, I'll shoot up sneaking past the drops and it will not only complete the word but sometimes complete the next one or start the demogorgon mode. Sometimes it doesn't register at all.
[quoted image]
Replacing those optos is a royal pain and I hope no one else has to do so. I'm doing it for a second time right now.

It seems I have the same weird issues with those demogorgon optos as you! I spent some time tonight trying to diagnose the issue, which I only noticed starting to happen as of this past week, and at the end of my time poking around, assumed it must be something with the optos that I had just discovered existed back by that exit gate. I got on Pinside at that point and started searching around, came across your posts, and just spent the past hour or so reading through everything.

I imagine nothing has been resolved with those issues for you yet, as there didn’t seem to be a post saying as much! Looks like I’ve got a couple more physical things to check when I have more time, but I expect I’ll have to write Pablo and throw my name in the ring as another STh owner with these weird, frustrating demo opto problems :/

I’ll note that sometimes, my drops complete when literally nothing has happened. Once they completed while Ball 1 was still in the shooter lane, and I pressed the left flipper + Start to reset the machine (which is when “Run!” completed and I think the demo mode may have even started). Otherwise, though, it sounds like my problem is the same/very similar to what you (and a small handful of others) have been experiencing. Sometimes I get multiple word completions, whether when going into the center shot beneath the demo or (much more rarely) through the mystery shot. Sometimes no triggering at all. Similar to your situation, the issue seems to have worsened, though ours perhaps a little more quickly, as we’ve only seen it happening for the last week or so, and it’s practically a guarantee to see something weird happen in any given game now.

#10332 2 years ago

I'm joining the club with a premium next week. First pin for me, so pretty excited. It's coming with the UV kit, and shooter rod.

From searching old posts, it seems the Pinmonk flipper coolers are a must, so I've ordered those as well. Also considering a shooter lane protector, and a shaker motor. Does that seem like a good baseline set of mods, or is anything I'm missing?

#10333 2 years ago

Get with stern and get the updated left ramp cover. Details here. It will help you get the magnet lock working.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#10334 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, maybe not 90%. I’m in my 50’s, so probably a bit older than the average Pinsider.

Meh, that’s not old. I’m mid 40’s....but sometimes feel mid 50’s! Lol.

#10335 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Meh, that’s not old. I’m mid 40’s....but sometimes feel mid 50’s! Lol.

I'll second that feeling!

#10336 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get with stern and get the updated left ramp cover. Details here. It will help you get the magnet lock working.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

The updated ramp cover is key. Just joined the club, couldn't get the tk lock to work at all, with the updated ramp cover, hitting it with ease now. And thanks chuck for the saucer kick out mod, so satisfying to have it kick out around the BiB

#10337 2 years ago
Quoted from elin:

I'm joining the club with a premium next week. First pin for me, so pretty excited. It's coming with the UV kit, and shooter rod.
From searching old posts, it seems the Pinmonk flipper coolers are a must, so I've ordered those as well. Also considering a shooter lane protector, and a shaker motor. Does that seem like a good baseline set of mods, or is anything I'm missing?

the fans are NOT a must. I played my game for 3 hours last night. Never had an issue with the flippers nor the TK lock.

just get the new ramp cover, that is all you need. The flippers have plenty of power even when hot.

#10338 2 years ago

How about your demo shot? Backhanding the right ramp?

#10339 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

my flippers are so strong that I am even contemplating reducing the power... no issues whatsoever, yes I can make all of these shots no prob.
the ball goes up the ramp so fast, on the left ramp (tk not on obviously) for example it often flies off the ramp after the second bend, and hits the demo on the back of its head. lol

But I like it like this, it makes the game super fast.

#10340 2 years ago
Quoted from BMSPEED:

I'll second that feeling!

Me too. Oh wait, I AM in my 50's

#10341 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Awesome I just ordered one this past Saturday. How long did your shipping take?

It took about 2 and a half weeks total from day I ordered. And funny thing was the live tracking app showed it would take a month. One day it just showed up a week and a half early!

#10342 2 years ago

the fans are NOT a must. I played my game for 3 hours last night. Never had an issue with the flippers nor the TK lock.
just get the new ramp cover, that is all you need. The flippers have plenty of power even when hot.

I probably should have adjusted my DG before ordering the fans. The reason I bought them was that I could make the DG shot for about 30 minutes, then suddenly I couldn’t. After lowering my DG, the shot is almost too easy. I may move the fans to LOTR, which needs help and can’t be adjusted.

#10343 2 years ago

In my case, I have the ramp cover and the fans absolutely make a big difference. True, I could get away without them but I definitely notice a difference in the number of TK locks I miss after 45 minutes or so without them.

In the interest of consistency, the fans allow you to adjust things so that they play the same way regardless of how long you play. It makes it much easier to know when it's dialed in.

Also, I can't imagine it's good to have things running so hot, as far as wear and tear are concerned. As with many electronics, excessive heat can shorten the life of components.

#10344 2 years ago

I think the fans help with right ramp rejects too. The flippers do get weaker over time without them; it’s just physics.

#10345 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wait wut? You can backhand your right ramp?

Witchcraft.

#10346 2 years ago

Anyone else who ordered a topper when order went live get theirs yet? Still nothing for me.

#10347 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Witchcraft.

All the time. Would lose it after long sessions. Not after I added the fans though.

#10348 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone else who ordered a topper when order went live get theirs yet? Still nothing for me.

You should maybe just contact who you bought it from

#10349 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Witchcraft.

yeah I do it, it is tight and the ball does not have a lot of speed... actually tonight is the first night where I was struggling with it after I said I did not... lol but I did get a few even after an hour into playing... so I think that maybe for that alone the fans might be worth it. Other than that, I do not feel I would.

#10350 2 years ago

I installed PinMonk’s insert kit tonight, highly recommended. The gradient effect is really nice, and the 3 normally-white inserts aren’t as blinding.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03821-stranger-things-fire-brackets-set

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
Trade
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Guilford, CT
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/207?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.