IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 449.
#10251 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

yeah. It’s getting stuck in the transition from the gate to the ball guide. Actually I got a ball stuck there on my stream tonight a few times in two hours. Guess I need to adjust some more.

Let me know how you achieve this as I need to do mine too. Thanks

#10252 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Let me know how you achieve this as I need to do mine too. Thanks

I don’t plan to do anything for now. Doesn’t happen enough and it’s easy to nudge loose. I’ll let you know if I do though.

#10253 2 years ago

Hi guys,

Can I ask a sanity question? Does anyone else have trouble hitting the left ramp? I don't mean the TK Ball lock (I got the new ramp cover from Stern and it worked wonders btw). I mean actually hitting the ramp... I feel like my brain just can't remember the proper timing to hit that damn ramp. Three out of four attempts I hit the stand up targets on either side of the ramp. Did anyone else have this trouble? Did your brain/mental timing adjust over time? Did you mess with any settings like flipper strength? Or is this a "just get better kid" kind of situation? I feel like the ramp is laughing at me.

#10254 2 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Hi guys,
Can I ask a sanity question? Does anyone else have trouble hitting the left ramp? I don't mean the TK Ball lock (I got the new ramp cover from Stern and it worked wonders btw). I mean actually hitting the ramp... I feel like my brain just can't remember the proper timing to hit that damn ramp. Three out of four attempts I hit the stand up targets on either side of the ramp. Did anyone else have this trouble? Did your brain/mental timing adjust over time? Did you mess with any settings like flipper strength? Or is this a "just get better kid" kind of situation? I feel like the ramp is laughing at me.

I think I have focused so much time on the right ramp, that I'm with you on the left now. I hit stand ups more then the ramp.

#10255 2 years ago

Hi guys,

Streamed my game for two hours last night and I had the same issue. One of those sessions where I had the right ramp down, but could never hit the left ramp. Normally the opposite.

#10256 2 years ago

yeah, I find the ramps can be hard to dial in from time to time. Some days I can be on it and some days just miss over and over again. I think that is why I dislike the modes with the ramps so much. I'll shoot up into the pops to avoid follow the compass, mirkwood, and find will lol.

#10257 2 years ago

agreed on the ramps! sometimes I can nail them one after the other and some days I am missing them like it's my job. lol

But that is the reason why I like this game, because all shots seem reasonably easy and they are not... It would otherwise be very boring.

#10258 2 years ago

You guys have made me feel SO much better. Thank you everyone for your feedback. Turns out, I am not losing my mind after all.

#10259 2 years ago

I think most other games don’t make you really remember those misses like STH. Because most of the time you can recover from misses. Misses on STH are death a lot of the time.

#10260 2 years ago

The lock targets are instant death if you hit them from the right flipper. I’ve started preferring backhand for that ramp because it’s easier somehow.

I had an interesting thing happen just now. I got through the first TI, and stepped away from the game to check on work (because the game was taking longer than I expected). When I came back, the game was totally silent, no music. I played the ball and heard sounds and callouts, but still no music. I guess at the end of the main theme, it’s not starting over.

#10261 2 years ago

Hi guys,

The left ramp is my easy shot. I struggle with the right ramp. There are games where I just can't hit that ramp. In order of easy to difficult for me are:

1) Left ramp
2) Extra ball/demodog lane
3) BIB
4) Right orbit
5) Left orbit
6) Right ramp

#10262 2 years ago

My sure to be a SDTM is when I hit the drops but they brick (meaning they don't drop). Darn if that ball doesn't fling STDM. %$@$%@$%#

#10263 2 years ago

After having Jurassic Park for 18 months, all of the shots feel good to me on STH.

#10264 2 years ago

Easiest for me is the center then burn it back is a close second. Then left ramp, left orbit, right orbit, mystery, then right ramp.

#10265 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

My sure to be a SDTM is when I hit the drops but they brick (meaning they don't drop). Darn if that ball doesn't fling STDM. %$@$%@$%#

I’ve had the ball ricochet off them after TI and I’m trying to hit behind them really quick to collect a super. They all reset right when the ball gets there and throws the ball SDTM. Haha

#10266 2 years ago

Just a thought, then we can revert back to stth. Only bringing this up because of the same designer...

Who else is disappointed about Mando?
I hate the upper mini pf

#10267 2 years ago

I think it looks awesome. Brian and Dwight seem like they are going to be a good team. The video I saw of the upper playfield in action seems like it’s going to not look like much, but be lots of fun while it’s in action with it moving all over the place.

#10268 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it looks awesome. Brian and Dwight seem like they are going to be a good team. The video I saw of the upper playfield in action seems like it’s going to not look like much, but be lots of fun while it’s in action with it moving all over the place.

I think most shots are great.
The huge grogu and the mini pf are a bit underwhelming for me.

#10269 2 years ago

I think most shots are great.
The huge grogu and the mini pf are a bit underwhelming for me.

But from a sculpt prospective, Grogu looks extremely well done. Same for the razor crest

#10270 2 years ago

joining the club, as my NIB Stranger Things premium is on his way to my place. Found the art blades and topper (also on their way) and on the waiting list for the UV kit later this month... Excited to add this one to the collection.

If anyone is looking for a " cheap 16k LE" , I can put you in contact lol...

#10271 2 years ago

Tell they can have my LE for 4K less! Bargain!

#10272 2 years ago

We joined the club last Wednesday with a NIB Pro (Feb 2020 mfg date). We have had a few games over a billion (5-balls). What a great game...! We love it. Funnest pin I have played in a long time—it has it all.

Thanks to all of you who helped in my poll of which pin to buy—AIQ vs. STh—with input and feedback. Also, thanks to Cleland for the sound mod. It’s great.

UV kit on order with local vendor (The Pinball Dudes-great job by them with delivery and setup as well).

Plastic protectors (pink flourescent), Pinnovator subwoofer connector, shooter lane bash bat, and a couple of signs coming. We traded our 2 year old ST VE Pro plus cash.

This forum was/has been very helpful. I will post now more and not just lurk...LOL.

I have noticed after long play that the flippers get hot/less responsive, so we will consider the Tibetan fans. We are a 1-pin family—I think we made a great choice.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10273 2 years ago

Welcome! Please don’t be a stranger. This is the place to nerd out about stranger things!

#10274 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Welcome! Please don’t be a stranger. This is the place to nerd out about stranger things!

Thanks Chuck, for all of your help as well.

#10275 2 years ago

Just a thought, then we can revert back to stth. Only bringing this up because of the same designer...
Who else is disappointed about Mando?
I hate the upper mini pf

My initial reaction overall was that it looked pretty damn good. But on further study, I don't think it's for me. I am just not a fan of mini/upper PFs and this one certainly looks to play a big role in the pin. The magnet above the rollover switches that "throws" the ball down one of the lanes seems pretty lame (I have to see that in action, just hard to imagine that being very interesting).

Seems to me that STh premium/LE have more exciting features than Mando, with the TK lock, Projector, and most of all the UV kit. What does Mando have in comparison?

Don't get me wrong, Mando could turn out to be a great player and a lot of fun even without much in the way of features/toys. I owned a SW pro for almost two years.

#10276 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:The left ramp is my easy shot. I struggle with the right ramp. There are games where I just can't hit that ramp. In order of easy to difficult for me are:
1) Left ramp
2) Extra ball/demodog lane
3) BIB
4) Right orbit
5) Left orbit
6) Right ramp

This is me exactly, i cant for the life of me time that right ramp.

#10277 2 years ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

We joined the club last Wednesday with a NIB Pro (Feb 2020 mfg date). We have had a few games over a billion (5-balls). What a great game...! We love it. Funnest pin I have played in a long time—it has it all.
Thanks to all of you who helped in my poll of which pin to buy—AIQ vs. STh—with input and feedback. Also, thanks to Cleland for the sound mod. It’s great.
UV kit on order with local vendor (The Pinball Dudes-great job by them with delivery and setup as well).
Plastic protectors (pink flourescent), Pinnovator subwoofer connector, shooter lane bash bat, and a couple of signs coming. We traded our 2 year old ST VE Pro plus cash.
This forum was/has been very helpful. I will post now more and not just lurk...LOL.
I have noticed after long play that the flippers get hot/less responsive, so we will consider the Tibetan fans. We are a 1-pin family—I think we made a great choice.
[quoted image]

how did you get that score in 1 week, here I am suffering with mediocre scores after owning it for over a month and 700 plays.... I want to talk to the Manager.

#10278 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My initial reaction overall was that it looked pretty damn good. But on further study, I don't think it's for me. I am just not a fan of mini/upper PFs and this one certainly looks to play a big role in the pin. The magnet above the rollover switches that "throws" the ball down one of the lanes seems pretty lame (I have to see that in action, just hard to imagine that being very interesting).
Seems to me that STh premium/LE have more exciting features than Mando, with the TK lock, Projector, and most of all the UV kit. What does Mando have in comparison?
Don't get me wrong, Mando could turn out to be a great player and a lot of fun even without much in the way of features/toys. I owned a SW pro for almost two years.

Jack Danger will be streaming Mando on the 21st.

#10279 2 years ago

5 ball.

how did you get that score in 1 week, here I am suffering with mediocre scores after owning it for over a month and 700 plays.... I want to talk to the Manager.

#10281 2 years ago

Here’s the video from my stream from last night. YouTube got upset with some of the music, but it seems to still be up. Had some decent games. Newest code and Cleland code too.

We talk some matchplay strategies at the end if you’re competing on this anytime soon.

#10282 2 years ago

Wasn’t me. My high is about 2.2 bil w/ 3 balls.

nice score regardless! well done!

#10283 2 years ago

What's even worse is that 1.2B score is about 1.5B in Canadian points.

#10284 2 years ago
Quoted from goyom:

joining the club, as my NIB Stranger Things premium is on his way to my place. Found the art blades and topper (also on their way) and on the waiting list for the UV kit later this month... Excited to add this one to the collection.
If anyone is looking for a " cheap 16k LE" , I can put you in contact lol...

Your topper is on the way? I ordered on day 1 minute one and still nothing. Congrats btw

#10285 2 years ago

ordered the topper in Canada as they had some in stock. shipping fees are not cheap, but no one around had them in stock or willing to add me to waiting list...

#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from goyom:

ordered the topper in Canada as they had some in stock. shipping fees are not cheap, but no one around had them in stock or willing to add me to waiting list...

Nitro is pretty good with its sales. They run the business a little like LSOG down in FL. They actually get stuff/games/accessories in stock and don't just order what's been pre-sold. The other Canadian distro doesn't stock any accessories ever.

#10287 2 years ago

yes excellent communication and as you said Nitro is doing a good job as only taking pre order for what they can get.
Had exchange with other distro that mentioned they stopped taking pre order as unsure to be able to fulfill existing pre-orders !?!?!

#10288 2 years ago

I’m happy for people that will get and enjoy their toppers, but I just don’t get it. It looks like something I’d see at Spencer’s Gifts for $150, and even then I’d be a nope. I’m clearly in the minority, and I’m sure these toppers will be reselling for $2k somewhere down the line. I guess the mode integration is everything.

#10289 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m happy for people that will get and enjoy their toppers, but I just don’t get it. It looks like something I’d see at Spencer’s Gifts for $150, and even then I’d be a nope. I’m clearly in the minority, and I’m sure these toppers will be reselling for $2k somewhere down the line. I guess the mode integration is everything.

I too am in the minority. I thought I would be more impressed when I saw it in person. Nope. It was what I thought it would be. And yea all the topper flippers will be selling them for 1200 in a couple of months. They just need to patiently wait until the run is finished and they can gouge their fellow collector.

#10290 2 years ago

I just hope that everyone who owns the game and wants the topper can get it for MSRP. It does make me mad when people buy the topper and don’t even have the game.

#10291 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Quoted from Palmer:

I too am in the minority. I thought I would be more impressed when I saw it in person. Nope. It was what I thought it would be. And yea all the topper flippers will be selling them for 1200 in a couple of months. They just need to patiently wait until the run is finished and they can gouge their fellow collector.

Toppers aren't for everybody that's for sure. Nothing wrong with that. I'm a topper guy - all my games have them. Not a fan of unofficial topeers that are nothing more than a sheet of lexan and some lights. For me integration is everything. Do I think they are too expensive? Hell yes, especially when they enable additional code.

On the other hand nobody is holding a gun to my head to make me buy them. It's a personal choice.

#10292 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

On the other hand nobody is holding a gun to my head to make me buy them. It's a personal choice.

I think I’m the only one in my group of friends who has PDI/Invisiglass on every game, so I can relate to that.

#10293 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think I’m the only one in my group of friends who has PDI/Invisiglass on every game, so I can relate to that.

Now that is worth the money

#10294 2 years ago

Not even close to being worth the money. Haha. They 10 times the price of a normal piece of glass.

#10295 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not even close to being worth the money. Haha. They 10 times the price of a normal piece of glass.

PDI glass is great for older games that are poorly lit. You can turn up the room lighting without causing glare. I know a lot of people go with PinStadiums, but that’s a no-go for me. I don’t even really like replacing incandescent GI lighting on my older games.

For a row of newer Sterns, I agree PDI is overkill. Just turn down the room lights, and configure the backbox lighting to dim when the game starts.

#10296 2 years ago

If they completely eliminated even the worst glare, I’d be on board. But they don’t.

#10297 2 years ago

Speaking of lighting...have anyone added spotlights to the playfield? My STH Pro looks pretty dark next to Aerosmith.

#10298 2 years ago

Outside of the UV kit, mines stock.

#10299 2 years ago

Aerosmith is very well lit and a beautiful game with a great light show.

#10300 2 years ago

For me, a one pin household, I'm getting the topper because I might as well max out the one pin. Who knows down the road but for now I don't have a good spot for another one unless I sell my pool table or put it into an unfinished area. That being said, I sure hope my orders eventually come through for the topper and UV kit, ordered in March and January, respectively.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/206?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.