IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 449.
#10152 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The mystery lane seems to always spot progress for the last shot made, so I try to get the right ramp as soon as I can, and combo to the mystery lane.

I do this as well. I suck at right ramp. I try to get all the shots one away before starting the first mode.

They went with the drawings instead of super modes for completing modes. I like it as it’s more to the theme.

#10153 2 years ago

These look awesome! I got my eye on that speaker panel for the LE.

#10154 2 years ago

I actually concentrate on getting the right orbit mode started first. Not because it's hard to hit that shot, but because it's so dangerous when the ball exits from the pops with the inconsistent feed.

#10155 2 years ago

I don’t think I could ever beat this game if my game had inconsistent orbit feeds. It’s hard enough already.

#10156 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think I could ever beat this game if my game had inconsistent orbit feeds. It’s hard enough already.

Exactly. The right orbit is the safest shot on my game, aside from the mystery lane.

#10157 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I actually concentrate on getting the right orbit mode started first. Not because it's hard to hit that shot, but because it's so dangerous when the ball exits from the pops with the inconsistent feed.

this game has really finicky ball guides. The right side of the game is pretty straight, I think the person installing the ball guides are a bit lazy at forming them, they just install them in the holes and make them follow the lines but there is more to it. The angles can be tweak with minute adjustments but doing this requires really disassembling the whole game and reinstalling all the guides.

I worked on the burn it back guide of my game today to see if I can further smooth the shot, so I made changes and I will report back if I was successful at this... fingers crossed

#10158 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

totally agree. I need to fix these orbits tonight otherwise will never maximize the potential of the game.

#10159 2 years ago

WOW! Well done! Wifey will probably won't those pink ones with Xmas lights.

#10160 2 years ago

Custom Season 3 Translite from Retro-refurbs just came! The Translite is clear and high quality and bright...sorry my pic came through a little pixely looking for some reason

ST-translite.jpgST-translite.jpg

#10161 2 years ago

Wow. That’s an amazing pic of the game. Looks great.

#10162 2 years ago

I decided to pull out my video camera and take some video of me playing my STHLE. First time I have filmed myself playing a pin in about 6 years (when I posted a Mustang LE video on YouTube).

I was lucky enough to get a 1.7 billion point game on my 5th attempt. Video is processing now.

A few things I realized: my video camera is way outdated, and I need a much better way of setting up the camera than just using a tripod.

#10163 2 years ago

success!!! I was able to get the burn it back orbit ABSOLUTELY 100% smooth as it should, before today it was maybe 85%. Now it will go around 100% with a single bounce on every shot regardless of angle or type of shot or speed.

I am proud of myself because not even Stern engineering support was able to provide me with a good answer as to how to correct it, but I do not blame them as the possible variables were infinite in a scenario like this.

Here is a video of how it was working after my 1st attempt at fixing it, and this is HUGE improvement when compared as to how it was working out of the box BTW. Pay attention to the rattle as the ball travels through:

in the image below, you can see the burn it back ball guide is flush with the black line on the PF (as it came from the factory).
I would assume that most games are like this and this is fine.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 7.07.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-05-06 at 7.07.13 PM (resized).png

So I went ahead and tried increasing the angle of the ball guide. The amount of room here is limited by two things: the rubber band on the side of the pops and the anchorage points of the ball guide itself (there is so much you can do).
I increased the angle by smoothing out the arch of the ball guide, so instead of being straight as in the previous photo it is now a bit rounder and it looks like this:

C0F87362-65F1-4966-838E-9D01B3F003E8 (resized).jpegC0F87362-65F1-4966-838E-9D01B3F003E8 (resized).jpeg

You will notice how the arch increased and it runs under the plastic cover vs the way it came from the factory... I forgot to take a picture of it but when the guide is outside the game, now it looks like the way it should be (before it was too straight). Maybe this is ok for some games but this was a problem in mine.

And that is it!! this solved the issue 100%. The ball now runs around the burn it back orbit like butter. Literally it is the smoother pinball shot I have seen in a while. lol

I know this might seem obvious now, but it truly was not as the game was built the way it was supposed to be built... but this shot sucked before!

I am happy it works 100% because it is my favourite shot in the entire game.

Edit: played 10 games and the orbit/burn it back did not rattle even once!!very smooth and hear a nice “sweeeeeesh” with every shot!
No more clunks!!!

#10164 2 years ago

I nailed the BIB shot like 7 times in a row when I was playing today. So satisfying!

#10165 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I nailed the BIB shot like 7 times in a row when I was playing today. So satisfying!

To me it is the best shot of the game! Followed by the left orbit and then the rest...

I am so happy now

#10166 2 years ago

#10167 2 years ago

I’ll check this tonight thanks

#10168 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Here is a video of how it was working after my 2nd attempt at fixing it, this is HUGE improvement when compared as how it worked out of the box BTW. Pay attention to the rattle as the ball travels through:

Is this the video after the fix or before? That’s crazy sloppy.

#10169 2 years ago

My topper finally arrived!!!!!!

#10170 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is this the video after the fix or before? That’s crazy sloppy.

Sorry, my post was a bit confusing.

That video was after the 1st attempt at fixing it, in which I made correction to the left orbit where the spinner is.
It was actually worst than that out of the box!
That is why I kept on asking if this was normal in other games... because it was still very playable but not very pleasant.

Out of the box it was a disaster, the rattle was so bad that the ball would sometimes stop half way through before the spinner....

So after the corrections done today the shot is perfectly smooth, not a single rattle, knock or anything... don't hear a thing other than the ball gliding through the guides... I am sorry I do not have a video of it but maybe I should as proof? lol I just was so excited that I just wanted to play the game...

I hope this helps someone else, even if it is not as bad as mine even a little knock can be corrected by adjusting the guide I showed in the pic.

Next in the to-do list:
fix the wire form in the mystery shot (sometimes balls get hung up)
and that is it!

#10171 2 years ago

Nice! Yeah glad you got that fixed. Definitely the first time I’ve seen that shot rattle at all. Would’ve sucked having to play one like that since the shot is so sweet.

#10172 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice! Yeah glad you got that fixed. Definitely the first time I’ve seen that shot rattle at all. Would’ve sucked having to play one like that since the shot is so sweet.

tell me about it. Stern told me 'we think is normal' lol but I had played this game before and I remember this shot well!
I played 700 games with that clunk-clunk thump-clunk.

#10173 2 years ago

Did they see your video? That’s insane they said that’s normal. Haha

#10174 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did they see your video? That’s insane they said that’s normal. Haha

They said it was normal before the video.
I can’t complain about them much really because they did not have a lot of info, so they did what they could.

I did send the video today however, or yesterday can’t remember and they do not know I fixed it.

I am curious to know what they say. I dont think a new owner should be doing all this work on a new game - different subject -
What really intrigues me is the fact that the ball guide was installed correctly before... but did not work, taking it out of ‘spec’ fixed it so....

Maybe your ball guide looks like mine now? Very arched? I cant comprehend how some of you have smooth shots otherwise...it was a clunker fest before

#10175 2 years ago

Also, what is happening with Sth LE selling for12k.
That is amazing - for LE owners wanting to sell -

Gonna hang on to this Premium I think!!

#10176 2 years ago

Pin_Fandango it is pretty normal to have to tweak things like this with a new game. They just build what’s in the CAD, so it’s important that the designer reviews the shots to make sure they really work like they intended. I can’t recall a new game where I didn’t have to do something, but I don’t mind. Posts like yours definitely help. Thanks for sharing that tweak. I’m going to check mine now to see if I need to do it.

#10177 2 years ago

For sure. I feel lucky for getting my LE from a friend for $8k before the pricing went crazy (I would have been content with a Premium, but was soured on it early on [despite being a dream theme] by playing one with bad TK rejects and an impossible demo shot, but this one changed my mind). No intention to sell this year, if ever.

If it weren't for many games going up in value, I'd question if my post on what the projection quality can be like had any effect (over 1000 views on my video already).

#10178 2 years ago

If I buy a pro, can I add the projector afterwards?

#10179 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

My topper finally arrived!!!!!!

from where did you order?? still waiting on mine from cointaker, and the UV kit as well

#10180 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

If I buy a pro, can I add the projector afterwards?

No, it’s a fork in the road. For me, the $2200 difference made the decision easier.

#10181 2 years ago

Yeah if someone wants to pay me that much for my LE, they can have it. Haha.

#10182 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The inability to post-pass on this game is forcing me to sharpen some of my other skills, especially bounce passing and drop-catching. My slings are super-sensitive, but I’m trying to avoid the temptation to adjust them. Finding that right ramp is key, because that shot is the safest way to get the ball to the right flipper, unless you can live-catch from the right “orbit”. Oddly, I’ve found that the best way to make the left orbit is to try to make the saucer and miss. I hit it 3 times in a row this way and started laughing.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t ever post pass on this or any Eddy other Eddy games.

You can see me post pass several times on STH in that video that I posted.

Not as easy as many pins, but definitely doable.

#10183 2 years ago

Wanted to follow up on the pinball life shaker squeaking in case any of you all run into it. Been talking with the folks over there and tried a few things to get it to quiet down but nothing worked so they are going to replace the unit. So far all of my experiences with pinball life have been fantastic.

#10184 2 years ago

I just had a game where I was “on”. Extra balls were set to 10 BIB, 40BIB and 7 drawings. DG are 4 hits for a kill, until I can get my head-hole positioned correctly. I finished with 10 drawings, and came close enough to TI2 to smell it.

This game is such a freakin’ blast when you get in the zone. “GOT kicks ass”, yes, but “STH kicks even more ass”.

8A5CE321-E210-4C71-87DC-38CCC20F8438 (resized).jpeg8A5CE321-E210-4C71-87DC-38CCC20F8438 (resized).jpeg
#10185 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I finished with 10 drawings,

I have got 10 drawings like 5 times, but have never once got 11. It's driving me crazy! (I am at factory setting where I need 11 drawings for the EB)

#10186 2 years ago

I hope something cool happens at 11 drawings, beyond just an extra ball. Even if it’s just a scene of 11 doing her thing to some poor guy.

#10187 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I hope something cool happens at 11 drawings, beyond just an extra ball. Even if it’s just a scene of 11 doing her thing to some poor guy.

It’s nothing but the next drawings scene.

#10188 2 years ago

What a perfect day

20210507_140003 (resized).jpg20210507_140003 (resized).jpg20210507_144744 (resized).jpg20210507_144744 (resized).jpg
#10189 2 years ago

How do I get the Clelend Mod?

#10191 2 years ago

I spent the whole evening doing more essential mods:

Mylared the shooter lane and the saucer
PinMonk Tibetan Breeze 2 coil fans
Stern blades
Blue Ulek plastic protectors
Flipper rubber behind the DG, to nudge him forward

All that’s missing now is the UV Kit. Here’s the shape I cut for the saucer mylar. I wonder if someone makes a metal sleeve that fits in the hole to protect it - will check Kerry Stair’s site.
6CA70C80-614C-4DE1-8F16-E90CFD8C6AA4 (resized).jpeg6CA70C80-614C-4DE1-8F16-E90CFD8C6AA4 (resized).jpeg

#10192 2 years ago

This is what we need for the saucer hole:

https://mantispinball.com/product/terminator-2-protector-set/

#10193 2 years ago

that is a good idea, getting those protectors will save the saucer for sure. Buy the set and share with a friend...

I also wonder, what were they thinking when they left that portion of the PF empty with no art in it... It looks horrible... I hope someone reading this makes a mod for this part of the Pf. I mean, why leaving it empty like that, it is a humongous piece of wood exposed, it ruins the look of the PF in my opinion...

Maybe cliffy can make a metal cover for it and we can then put a decal on it.... I don't know, it just looks horrible exposed like that.

#10194 2 years ago

I guess I’m used to seeing some exposed wood for an area like that. Same thing exists in my Aerosmith and LOTR.

#10195 2 years ago

The flipper rubber was an early fix that didn't do much. Remove the post on the one way gate and adjust the spacers under the demo for the proper fix.

#10196 2 years ago

Thanks, is this the fix that worked for you? I have a bunch of spare spacers of varying heights, I’ll try them today. Is there a consensus that it’s okay to just use the 2 bolts to secure the DG, and leave the hex head wood screw out? I had to take out my entire left ramp to get to that screw.

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I took out the 4.75mm black spacers and 3D printed 2.75mm spacers to replace it. This brings the demo down and it sits directly on the front stud so there is now no rocking forward the demo can do.

#10197 2 years ago

Just an FYI for those of you ever tinkering with the coil/ball stop-release at Mistery.

A system 11 flipper return spring works perfectly as a replacement. Just need to clip 2 coils off.

#10198 2 years ago

Regarding the bare wood “landing strip” for the left saucer, this is what my Aerosmith looked like after getting 2,000 plays on location, and after cleaning with Novus 2. I put Mylar down on the STH landing strip last night, but it makes the ball less likely to slow down and stay in the saucer. Since it looks like that area should clean up just fine, I’m going to take it back off. The saucer hole is the part that needs protection.

36B34364-F639-4C75-B47A-A9EBE6569DC2 (resized).jpeg36B34364-F639-4C75-B47A-A9EBE6569DC2 (resized).jpeg7C0D9E06-C239-46E2-97E0-361E5F6ED3E6 (resized).jpeg7C0D9E06-C239-46E2-97E0-361E5F6ED3E6 (resized).jpeg

#10199 2 years ago

The art around the edge is what needs the protection imo.

#10200 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The art around the edge is what needs the protection imo.

The ball comes out of that saucer like a rocket, so I’m going to Mylar the entire path up to the BIB lane, as well as the area in front of the drops.

TBH I’m considering stripping down the top so I can do the entire playfield. This game has more air balls than anything I’ve ever owned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/204?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.