IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 448.
#10101 2 years ago

I’ve never see this issue before, so I’m honestly clueless on how or why it happens. Maybe if you could get the ramp lower so the ball doesn’t drop as far? I tried to add more padding to the end of the ramp to help the feed, but it didn’t help.

#10102 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Have you guys already covered how to fix/alter the bouncy inlane guides in this thread? Picked up a pro in a temporary trade, the game itself is great fun but the fact that 75% of the time I’m not getting a smooth roll onto the flippers kind of ruins it for me...

I’m trying to understand what you’re describing. Does it only happen when the ball drops down from the ramp? Or do you mean that the lane guide and flipper aren’t aligned so there’s a bounce at the gap?

#10103 2 years ago

When the ball drops from the ramp, it sometimes bounces off the lane guide so the transition to the flipper isn’t smooth. This isn’t flipper hop, the ball is bouncing up off the lane guide. Messes with timing of shots. You game does it too. They all do.

#10104 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When the ball drops from the ramp, it sometimes bounces off the lane guide so the transition to the flipper isn’t smooth. This isn’t flipper hop, the ball is bouncing up off the lane guide. Messes with timing of shots. You game does it too. They all do.

Okay. I’ll try to pay more attention to this. I’d probably notice it more if I made more ramps shots, haha. It’s not a problem when you miss.

#10105 2 years ago

Yeah. It’s so hard to get a perfect Mirkwood score due to this issue.

#10106 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

YES! Holy crap I thought it was just me. I've tinkered with the lane guides, ball drops, pitch of the machine, etc all trying to make it stop. It's a weird one for sure...I do not have any other games that do it to this extent. And it's super inconsistent. Will be super smooth 50% of the time, then like a freaking bouncy ball boinging down the guide the other 50%. Seems to be no reason for it. I guess I'll chalk it up to "stranger things"...

#10107 2 years ago

Hi all.
When balls roll out of the orbits down towards the flippers, are they supposed to hit the slingshots? Most pins this doesn't happen. Mine are hitting and activating slings almost every time which leads to sling bounces into outlanes and kinda stinks since you don't have any chance to control it. I am at 6.8 pitch and level. Thanks. LOVE this game.

#10108 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hi all.
When balls roll out of the orbits down towards the flippers, are they supposed to hit the slingshots? Most pins this doesn't happen. Mine are hitting and activating slings almost every time which leads to sling bounces into outlanes and kinda stinks since you don't have any chance to control it. I am at 6.8 pitch and level. Thanks. LOVE this game.

Been covered a lot. I made this video. Others have tried to mess with the guides themselves. I didn’t need to.

#10109 2 years ago

Nice video. Is the difference pretty obvious between the early/bad ramps and the later/good ones? Mine has a nice curve to it, and I can make the Demogorgon pretty easily until the flipper coils get hot. I’m looking forward to installing PinMonk’s fans.

[EDIT: pic of bad ramp here, thanks @chuckwurt: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/27#post-5457620]

A9AFBDF2-A6D4-499E-ADF7-56EB05A37C1D (resized).jpegA9AFBDF2-A6D4-499E-ADF7-56EB05A37C1D (resized).jpeg

#10110 2 years ago

You have the updated ramp. Go back to the early pages of this thread for pics of the bad ramp.

#10111 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep this is it. Flipper hop is a separate issue which also drives me nuts, I replace the lane guides on every older game I buy. But this is new to me...it doesn't look any different than any other Stern w/plastic inlane guides. A smooth transition to the flipper is an extremely important aspect of playability to me...short of rigging it up so the ball almost stops and trickles through the turn I'm not sure how to fix this.

#10112 2 years ago

My last 6 games in a picture (I didn’t even crack 50M on most of them).

Some days the mojo is just bad.

B1B90437-DB5F-4F03-8DAA-9B5284E595BE (resized).jpegB1B90437-DB5F-4F03-8DAA-9B5284E595BE (resized).jpeg
#10113 2 years ago

chuckwurt just watched your video troubleshooting some of the issues that can be adjusted. I had no idea the saucer was supposed to feed the burn it back loop. So I was able to adjust that and get that going. This will make getting burn it back awards much easier. thanks

#10114 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I had no idea the saucer was supposed to feed the burn it back loop.

It’s supposed to hit the drops. It’s just more fun if it hits the loop.

#10115 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It is definitely a bit annoying. I wonder what the difference in design is on these ramps/lane guides vs other Sterns that makes it do this?

#10116 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s supposed to hit the drops. It’s just more fun if it hits the loop.

ha. well I agree and welcome the adjustment.

#10117 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ha. well I agree and welcome the adjustment.

I've never been able to make that adjustment permanent. It always reverts back to hitting the drops.

#10118 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've never been able to make that adjustment permanent. It always reverts back to hitting the drops.

Mine moves from time to time, but using lock tite kept it from moving away from the loop. Now it always goes in the loop and makes the full loop about 60% of the time I’d say.

#10119 2 years ago

Hey guys, loving my pro now that my center ramp is fixed.

My scoop feeds straight into the right post above the right drop target anyway to adjust so it feeds the bib lane?

#10120 2 years ago

Come on people. Please try and use the search function within the thread. Go back through posts from today even.

#10121 2 years ago

So, spent a ton of time trying different things to get the orbits dialed in. Ended up spending the most time levelling the machine. Ended up putting the ball guides back to a neutral position where looping around the bib didn't end up with a sdtm. Then rechecked the level with my tools. It was nearly perfectly level.

I tried everything. Raising just the right rear, got worse. Put it back and raised right front, both left and right orbits got worse. Put it back and raised left rear 10 turns... It got better but hitting bottom of the sling. Raised the right front by 10 turns and it's better still. Now hitting flipper 90% of the time.

So for me raising the left side improved my situation oddly. Now I'm seeing the ball get hit by the up post more but those come more nicely to the flipper. It doesn't feel like it's off level and according to my tools it's less than a quarter of a degree left high depending on the spot.

I'm now at a bit over 6.6 degrees at the flippers with all the adjustments.

#10122 2 years ago

I never use any instruments to level my games. I play them, see how they are playing, and adjust until they play to my liking. Hasn’t failed me yet.

#10123 2 years ago

Just had a pretty fun session and put up a new GC. I had send it back ready to go but I couldn’t get through Operation Mirkwood(stupid add time mystery award)and the worst part about this was Final Showdown was ready after I played Send It Back ...love this pin.

0AB3FA27-05BE-42B9-92AD-A85579EABE2B.jpeg0AB3FA27-05BE-42B9-92AD-A85579EABE2B.jpeg4B158A22-B0EE-437A-8722-DD1572B56277.jpeg4B158A22-B0EE-437A-8722-DD1572B56277.jpeg
#10124 2 years ago

Damn! That’s a huge light the fire. Well done!

#10125 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Been covered a lot. I made this video. Others have tried to mess with the guides themselves. I didn’t need to.

Thank you, Chuck! I am going to try this tomorrow for the orbits. This will make the game so much more fun and also beatable.

#10126 2 years ago

holy crap. I was happy I just got my new GC at like 460m.... heh

#10127 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just had a pretty fun session and put up a new GC. I had send it back ready to go but I couldn’t get through Operation Mirkwood(stupid add time mystery award)and the worst part about this was Final Showdown was ready after I played Send It Back ...love this pin.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Played the game 1000+ times. Was 2 shots away from second TI today. That’s as close I can get. 1.6B is GC

Don’t have the heart to YouTube spoilers. Might need to add a post between the flippers to get to your level. Lol

#10128 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Come on people. Please try and use the search function within the thread. Go back through posts from today even.

Nope. Takes too long. Can't you just drive over to their house and fix it for them?

#10129 2 years ago

I'm curious what is everyone using to clean the white projector screen material? Mine is getting a little dirty and I don't to damage the material.

#10130 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

I'm curious what is everyone using to clean the white projector screen material? Mine is getting a little dirty and I don't to damage the material.

Novus 1 works great. I have cleaned mine many times. No issues.

#10131 2 years ago

Guess what.. The updated Stern production schedule (from last week) has STh back on it. No date associated yet though. So Stern has decided demand was high enough to do at least 1 other run, whenever that is.

#10132 2 years ago

Hell yeah! Great news. I’m sure it’s premiums.

#10133 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry should have elaborated. I followed your video and pulled the metal piece with pliers it after a few shots out of the scoop seems to go back to the initial position.

#10134 2 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Sorry should have elaborated. I followed your video and pulled the metal piece with pliers it after a few shots out of the scoop seems to go back to the initial position.

Adjust it again and use lock tite on the nuts to hold the adjustment.

#10135 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Guess what.. The updated Stern production schedule (from last week) has STh back on it. No date associated yet though. So Stern has decided demand was high enough to do at least 1 other run, whenever that is.

The more games, the more love the code should get, so this is good news.

#10136 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's another run of Pros.

#10137 2 years ago

Does the Hold Bonus mystery award actually work?

Seems like I have noticed that when I get the award it does not hold the bonus to the next ball

#10138 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seems like I have noticed that when I get the award it does not hold the bonus to the next ball

I've noticed this as well.

#10139 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It only holds the bonus that resets each ball. The bonus that resets each ball is the bonus from mode scoring. 10% of mode scoring during the ball. If you did no modes on the ball you were awarded gold bonus, it would be no different the next ball.

#10140 2 years ago

For those wanting a Premium, this was just posted outside of Milwaukee:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/322#post-6265917

Not mine, nor am I affiliated with the seller.

#10141 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Wow! Played the game 1000+ times. Was 2 shots away from second TI today. That’s as close I can get. 1.6B is GC
Don’t have the heart to YouTube spoilers. Might need to add a post between the flippers to get to your level. Lol

In a tournament I wouldn’t be able to come close to this score. When I play at home I usually chase extra balls down and that’s a important part of the journey to a great score IMHO. I have my first EB from the BIB loops set to 15, my saucer shoots the ball into the drops not around BIB loop.

#10142 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

In a tournament I wouldn’t be able to come close to this score. When I play at home I usually chase extra balls down and that’s a important part of the journey to a great score IMHO. I have my first EB from the BIB loops set to 15, my saucer shoots the ball into the drops not around BIB loop.

My BIB EB is on auto and is up around 28 or 30 now. I'm already getting some super long games so don't want to lower that number but on the other hand my GF hates this game because she gets such short ball times and no possibility of an EB. She very rarely makes it 3 missions to light the EB.

Wish manufacturers could find a way to implement personalized settings for the home environment. So when I start a game under "Mike", the settings are harder. When my GF starts a game under her name, the settings are more appropriate for her. Like cars with memory positions for the driver's seat & mirrors. Auto adjusting.

#10143 2 years ago

One reason I’m glad I got a Pro is that I’m blowing a lot of money on mods. UV Kit, game blades, subwoofer, shaker, flipper coils fans...I’m not going to short-change this game. I just have to keep beating my wife to the front porch so she doesn’t see all of this stuff coming in daily.

#10144 2 years ago

Seems like the % of how often “Bulls**t” mode comes up needs to be bumped up from mystery award, or at least a setting to adjust the %. I played for a few hrs and lots of mystery awards and not one BS mode . If stern has a update coming for STh I hope they can add this minor fix/adjustment in it and possibly give us pro owners the ball swipe feature. If the pin gods are listening...maybe...just maybe have stern squeeze in a video mode

#10145 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

One reason I’m glad I got a Pro is that I’m blowing a lot of money on mods. UV Kit, game blades, subwoofer, shaker, flipper coils fans...I’m not going to short-change this game. I just have to keep beating my wife to the front porch so she doesn’t see all of this stuff coming in daily.

If you got an LE, you wouldn't have to buy some of those mods.

#10146 2 years ago

That was one of my requests. Make adjustments to increase or decrease the percentage of when mystery awards appear. If you want to know exactly when BS mode comes up, put it in competition mode. It will be the 4th mystery award (not counting the add time awards you get in modes)

#10147 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Seems like the % of how often “Bulls**t” mode comes up needs to be bumped up from mystery award, or at least a setting to adjust the %. I played for a few hrs and lots of mystery awards and not one BS mode . If stern has a update coming for STh I hope they can add this minor fix/adjustment in it and possibly give us pro owners the ball swipe feature. If the pin gods are listening...maybe...just maybe have stern squeeze in a video mode

I've gotten it a few times. Seems to be only on long games. I haven't paid attention that much but I'd guess I got it after TI1.

#10148 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you got an LE, you wouldn't have to buy some of those mods.

No, but considering the price for the one LE that was available to me, I’d need the “new place to live” mod.

Quoted from Wildbill327:

Seems like the % of how often “Bulls**t” mode comes up needs to be bumped up from mystery award, or at least a setting to adjust the %.

“Hey Stern, we want more bullshit!”

#10149 2 years ago

Quick mini-review of the $60 BlissLights ARK. It’s kind of underwhelming as a topper, with a low ceiling. But if you can figure out how to place it lower nearby, it looks pretty cool. The rotation is too slow for my taste, and there’s no way to speed it up. You can turn on the 2 effects (laser and “aurora”) independently, so that’s cool. I like the purple aurora by itself, but it gets a bit washed out by the game’s lighting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J5Q4QK4

598FB6C0-FB51-4E42-A040-A42C70DF666E (resized).jpeg598FB6C0-FB51-4E42-A040-A42C70DF666E (resized).jpegA31DC675-3D4E-4519-8ED0-DF923999B801 (resized).jpegA31DC675-3D4E-4519-8ED0-DF923999B801 (resized).jpegD878FCFA-A439-438D-9E38-B2FAA74B4E07 (resized).jpegD878FCFA-A439-438D-9E38-B2FAA74B4E07 (resized).jpeg
#10150 2 years ago

I’m sure I’m not the first to think of this strategy, but I’ll mention it anyway. The mystery lane spots progress for the last shot made, unless another shot has more progress. So I try to get the right ramp as soon as I can, and combo to the mystery lane. Once I’ve played that shot’s mode, I focus on the left orbit, though I’ve gotten pretty good at finishing that one myself. My favorite place to be on ball 3 is to have the left orbit and right ramp completed, and only 1 shot left to finish both the others.

I really wish STH had “super” modes as a reward for finishing modes, like Aerosmith does. Super spinner for finishing a mode started on the left orbit. Super ramps for left ramp. Super lanes for right ramp. Super pops for right orbit. Let’s put those multi-color LEDs to work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/203 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.