f 14 pricing (resized).png
IMG_0312 (resized).jpg
IMG_0316 (resized).jpg
IMG_0318 (resized).jpg
IMG_0319 (resized).jpg
IMG_0311 (resized).jpg
IMG_5809 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 257.
#10001 6 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I have had three new in box machines in the last 2 years and none of them came with the slingshot plastics. Key fobs and target stickers is all that I got

I bought two NIB games. My GB came with a spare set of slingshot plastics, also with a neat little Ghostbusters stand-up sign.
Well NST came with just some spare target decals

#10002 6 months ago

The launch exit rubber is not in the stranger things manual. I believe it is 3/16" Post Rubber. I also bought a 5/16" Bumper Post Ring to go below it. It's kinda hard to get a good pic of it but I do think I like it better than the glow in the dark. It took a lot of getting used to with the kinda white/green color on the flipper. The purple looks much better when the uv is off IMHO

IMG_20210503_123138572_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_123147762 (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_124028912_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210503_124032780 (resized).jpg
#10003 6 months ago

Yeah, I like the purple better on this pin. I put GITD on my ACNC, but that game has some green and fits better. But mine never glow for some reason.

#10004 6 months ago

I just ordered one of these guys for $60:

amazon.com link »

I’m mostly anti-topper, but if I could tie this into the Upside Down mode I think it would a very cool effect. It should be cool even as an always-on topper. There are some video reviews on YouTube, search for “BlissLights ARK”.

#10005 6 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just ordered one of these guys for $60:
amazon.com link »
I’m mostly anti-topper, but if I could tie this into the Upside Down mode I think it would a very cool effect. It should be cool even as an always-on topper. There are some video reviews on YouTube, search for “BlissLights ARK”.

Never seen that before! That is pretty cool! I only wish we had the ability to make the green lasers purple. Might have to pick one up myself and toy around with it!

#10006 6 months ago

Wanted to share my success w/ the TK lock to encourage others. For me, the key was the updated ramp cover, which I ended up sliding all of the way to the left. I believe one of the reasons it works so well is that the adjustment slots are cut at an angle, and effectively force the ramp forward the further you adjust to the left.

Here's my setup that gives me 100% TK lock:

1) ~6.5 degrees
2) Cooling fans on flippers (3d printed mounts, fans off of amazon)
3) Flippers on full power
4) TK lock calibrated per the guide in the topic index
5) Updated ramp cover adjusted 100% left. (REQUIRED -- just wouldn't work reliably without it).

P.S. I think an approximation for one of the features of the updated ramp cover would be to "manually" shim out the ramp as others have described in the thread as that seems to be the primary difference between centered and full left settings on the cover. (Ball didn't seem to be striking the updated cover at all, in either setting. Yet the ball movement was very different between settings.)

#10007 6 months ago

Could turn into something really cool

#10008 6 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I don’t have a photo, but basically the washer sits between the playfield wood and the plastic base of the switch. You may also be able to fix it by adjusting the switch (I was not).

Thanks, I give that a try

#10009 6 months ago

The inability to post-pass on this game is forcing me to sharpen some of my other skills, especially bounce passing and drop-catching. My slings are super-sensitive, but I’m trying to avoid the temptation to adjust them. Finding that right ramp is key, because that shot is the safest way to get the ball to the right flipper, unless you can live-catch from the right “orbit”. Oddly, I’ve found that the best way to make the left orbit is to try to make the saucer and miss. I hit it 3 times in a row this way and started laughing.

#10010 6 months ago

It's a great machine to practice post passing on as it is more difficult than others. I find most of Brian Eddy's machines are this way for me. Been practicing a lot and I can get it pretty consistently on it now and even used it in league on an AFM and MM a few weeks ago. I used to find those impossible. Thanks to these games my Borg machines are a breeze to post pass on.

#10011 6 months ago

Post #10011! Sorry, I couldn’t resist - like posting your odometer when it rolls over.

#10012 6 months ago

Well it looks like I am out before I got in. I was getting excited and ready to plunk the coin down this week and discovered zero stock of Premiums at Player 1. It appears I can't give my money away. No stock in Canada and none to order. And Elvira is in never never land so no new pin for me. Denied.

A little disappointed but hey, those are first world problems for ya.

#10013 6 months ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Well it looks like I am out before I got in. I was getting excited and ready to plunk the coin down this week and discovered zero stock of Premiums at Player 1. It appears I can't give my money away. No stock in Canada and none to order. And Elvira is in never never land so no new pin for me. Denied.

I think the word is out what a great game Stranger Things is and it's fast becoming a must have. That being said, you could wait for a premium to pop up on the second hand market - guessing that'll happen as soon as Mandalorian is officially announced. Distributors here in the US are saying no more Premiums will be made.

I didn't want to wait and ordered a NIB Pro. I couldn't be happier with it. My wife could care less about this hobby and has no interest in any of my other pins, yet she's booted me off several times to play a game or two. Fun times.....

#10014 6 months ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

I sent you a PM.

#10015 6 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The inability to post-pass on this game is forcing me to sharpen some of my other skills, especially bounce passing and drop-catching. My slings are super-sensitive, but I’m trying to avoid the temptation to adjust them. Finding that right ramp is key, because that shot is the safest way to get the ball to the right flipper, unless you can live-catch from the right “orbit”. Oddly, I’ve found that the best way to make the left orbit is to try to make the saucer and miss. I hit it 3 times in a row this way and started laughing.

You can definitely post pass on this game, but yes, it is more difficult than most. Keep practicing!

#10016 6 months ago

It's a great machine to practice post passing on as it is more difficult than others. I find most of Brian Eddy's machines are this way for me. Been practicing a lot and I can get it pretty consistently on it now and even used it in league on an AFM and MM a few weeks ago. I used to find those impossible. Thanks to these games my Borg machines are a breeze to post pass on.

Yes, it IS possible! Seems like the trick is to keep it released just a few milliseconds longer before flipping again. I’ve done it a few times, will keep practicing.

#10017 6 months ago

I don’t ever post pass on this or any Eddy other Eddy games.

#10018 6 months ago

What kind of GC scores are you guys getting?

IMG_4725 (resized).JPG
#10019 6 months ago

My best is around 500M, but I’ve been super-focused on finishing modes to get to TI and I think that’s hurting my scores.

#10020 6 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My best is around 500M, but I’ve been super-focused on finishing modes to get to TI and I think that’s hurting my scores.

same here, I think I am not playing it right. I get my OCD to the max with finishing modes and I tend to drain often.

#10021 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

[quoted image]

amazing... I think I am 20 light years away from that score... lol

#10022 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

[quoted image]

1.6 billion is my high score currently. That's a good score.

#10023 6 months ago

Those posts under the demo were bothering me. Mine looked like they were nearly ripped in half. Took a lot to get at them but taking the opportunity to clean and do adjustments.

IMG_20210503_181826286_HDR (resized).jpg
#10024 6 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That is about my level. I was 1 shot short yesterday.....arrrgggghhh.
I did get to the last Demogorgon level. That was pretty cool.

#10025 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

[quoted image]

Great score! I still haven’t bested my 2.6 billion from a while back when I completed final showdown the first time.

#10026 6 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

I think the word is out what a great game Stranger Things is and it's fast becoming a must have. That being said, you could wait for a premium to pop up on the second hand market - guessing that'll happen as soon as Mandalorian is officially announced. Distributors here in the US are saying no more Premiums will be made.
I didn't want to wait and ordered a NIB Pro. I couldn't be happier with it. My wife could care less about this hobby and has no interest in any of my other pins, yet she's booted me off several times to play a game or two. Fun times.....

I never understood why this seems to be the case. The only reason I sought out this game to play it (which later made me buy it) was the fact that it was Brian Eddy. I mean, Brian Friggin Eddy. And when I played it, it brought back memories of AFM/MM. I had to have it. The man still has the touch. This is my favorite Stern game period.

#10027 6 months ago

I swapped out the glow in the dark titans for the purple pinball life ones yesterday. Game is a lot bouncier now it's crazy. Took me a number of games to get used to it. Also put the larger ring under the ring by the launch exit. Made a huge difference. Now those sloppy shots that snuck down the middle are bouncing the left flipper. Game feels much more controlled now. I replaced all of the rubber on the lower half of the machine and highly recommend it. Does make the outlanes a little too easy. Will probably move it back from center to top for that. The reaction to the uv light is also pretty awesome. The more stretched rings glow more than the less stretched ones but it's a really cool effect. I also got the purple post rubbers to replace next time I take the ramp apart.
I have the pinball life shaker in my game and over the last few days I've noticed it is starting to squeak. It's only a few weeks old. Has anyone ran into this and is there a fix? Gonna email pinball life here in a bit about it. Really annoying and it's definitely coming from the shaker. I turned it off and no more squeaks.

I have been running Super Bands for a while on my other games. I really like the flipper rubber (except putting it on the flippers. I really, really hate putting it on). I have much better ball control with them. The purple Super bands also look great on the slings and (well I've pretty much replaced all of the stock rubber with purple super-bands)

#10028 6 months ago

Those posts under the demo were bothering me. Mine looked like they were nearly ripped in half. Took a lot to get at them but taking the opportunity to clean and do adjustments.
[quoted image]

yes, this is really annoying... I think they did not expect the drop targets to damage the posts like this... I was thinking of maybe using a Dremel to round the corners off, that way by ridding of the pointy part of the drop target, it will not damage the posts.

thoughts?

#10029 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yes, this is really annoying... I think they did not expect the drop targets to damage the posts like this... I was thinking of maybe using a Dremel to round the corners off, that way by ridding of the pointy part of the drop target, it will not damage the posts.
thoughts?

The drops don't touch the posts on my machine. The ball had eaten a line in the stock stern hard plastic sleeves. My pirates has the same line which I'll be replacing soon. Those look worse to get at than stranger things. I also did some work to guardians tonight. That game had maintenance in mind in the design process. Super easy to work on.

#10030 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

[quoted image]

same here, I think I am not playing it right. I get my OCD to the max with finishing modes and I tend to drain often.

Yeah my best is 980 mil, and I guess I have a bit of OCD with this game too lol. I get tricked into finishing a stack when I see just 1 insert left and then NOPE! Drain. Oh well. Great shooter for sure!

#10031 6 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

I never understood why this seems to be the case. The only reason I sought out this game to play it (which later made me buy it) was the fact that it was Brian Eddy. I mean, Brian Friggin Eddy. And when I played it, it brought back memories of AFM/MM. I had to have it. The man still has the touch. This is my favorite Stern game period.

It’s a classic risk/reward strategy game. Upside Down 1 is way too lucrative to ignore, but dangerous. Holding multiballs in reserve until the right time is key. Knowing when 2X is just around the corner is key. My favorite combo on this game is when I hit the 3rd shot on the left orbit or right ramp to start my 3rd mode, and jam it into the mystery lane for the Extra Ball that was lit a moment ago.

Would love to hear some “blow it up” strategies from RobT and Erik.

#10032 6 months ago

The drops don't touch the posts on my machine. The ball had eaten a line in the stock stern hard plastic sleeves. My pirates has the same line which I'll be replacing soon. Those look worse to get at than stranger things. I also did some work to guardians tonight. That game had maintenance in mind in the design process. Super easy to work on.

the lines are created by the corner of the drop that bend when they get hit at high speed. There is nothing else that can chew the post like that... if you pay attention play 2-5 games and look at your brand new posts, you will see a pin size hole... the post continues to rotate with every hit (the drop down target catches it moves it around) and the following hits make what it looks like a perfect line.

#10033 6 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Would love to hear some “blow it up” strategies from RobT and Erik.

Just got over 500 million from trap em multiball the other day and 380 million in two shots during it. Learn the demo multiballs, especially that one inside and out. You can use the demo bomb and swipe a ball during that for huge points if you lock in a good jackpot value to start.

Always try and finish modes and don’t concentrate on one area. Always try to play and do well in a couple modes per ball while paying demo and demo dog modes. This will help keep you bonus high at then end of the ball.

Know where all the extra balls are to keep your game going. They are placed in spots to act as sort of checkpoints to keep your game going.

When you make it to the total isolation modes it’s key to have 2x running during them so really concentrate on that setup when you’re close.

#10034 6 months ago

what qualifies 2x scoring?

#10035 6 months ago

the lines are created by the corner of the drop that bend when they get hit at high speed. There is nothing else that can chew the post like that... if you pay attention play 2-5 games and look at your brand new posts, you will see a pin size hole... the post continues to rotate with every hit (the drop down target catches it moves it around) and the following hits make what it looks like a perfect line.

I'll check that since I have it apart. They look like they are far enough away but definitely sounds plausible. I have the same marks on my pirates posts in the tortuga thing though which is why I figured just ball damage.

#10036 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

[quoted image]

I just setup my pro yesterday and 800M is my best so far. I’ve been trying to stack 2x scoring, quarter hunt and multiball, then keep feeding balls into the pop bumpers.

#10037 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

what qualifies 2x scoring?

Second burn it back loop award. Like 10 burn it back loops. Each time that loop insert lights it’s either that or spell of protection. They alternate. Spell is first, 2x is second.

#10038 6 months ago

I'll check that since I have it apart. They look like they are far enough away but definitely sounds plausible. I have the same marks on my pirates posts in the tortuga thing though which is why I figured just ball damage.

let me know what you find. I just find it very strange that the marks are identical and they start as a little dot.

#10039 6 months ago
Quoted from Jeffress:

I just setup my pro yesterday and 800M is my best so far. I’ve been trying to stack 2x scoring, quarter hunt and multiball, then keep feeding balls into the pop bumpers.

Stacking doesn’t do a whole hell of a lot on this game, but when in quarter hunt, it’s better to rip the spinner.

#10040 6 months ago

Anyone have this problem with the playfield coat bubbling and breaking off. Game is HUO and 6 weeks old .

20210430_094631 (resized).jpg20210430_094855 (resized).jpg
#10041 6 months ago

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation (about if you want these new mods I'm making!)...

First are 3D Coin Reject Buttons featuring Eleven's favorite -- Eggo waffles!

StrangerThings_RCP (resized).jpg

The buttons themselves are 3D-printed in the translucent color of your choice (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, or clear/white), then a filament change transitions to the golden waffle, so it's permanently fused to the button. I'm making it available in various orientations, so you can 'randomize' the look a little bit, if you want:

StrangerThings_Orientation_RCP (resized).jpg

Next is the 3D Start Button! Another dual-filament print puts a larger golden Eggo waffle atop a translucent base (again, your choice of color, but purple or red is probably best for this game). The waffle has cutouts that read 'START' in a Stranger Things-esque font. The photo below (using Star Wars as an example) shows the button replaces the lens & start token.

StrangerThingsStart_RCP (resized).jpg

StartParts_RCP (resized).jpg

The coin buttons and the start button are very easy to install (I have DIY videos to walk you through). They're available here in my shop on Pinside or through my website. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Pinside shop - coin buttons: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05034-3d-coin-reject-buttons-stranger-things
Pinside shop - start button: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/05037-3d-start-button-stranger-things

#10042 6 months ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Anyone have this problem with the playfield coat bubbling and breaking off. Game is HUO and 6 weeks old .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Call your distributor and let them know you have a serious problem. That’s not normal.

#10043 6 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Call your distributor and let them know you have a serious problem. That’s not normal.

Quoted from JD4444:

what is the manufacture date of your game?
Send an email to your distro and copy Pablo @ Stern in it. It looks like clear coat failure.

#10044 6 months ago
Quoted from RobT:What kind of GC scores are you guys getting?

[quoted image]

Wow that’s goals for sure. STH is pretty much all I play. TSPP sits and watches me every day.

I get total isolation frequently and have been 1 shot from TI2 a couple times. I would love to see TI2, the 2 wizard modes and final showdown.

Just dialing in the dead catch. Not sure if that’s a thing but feels unreal when you no bounce a heater ball on the flipper then rip it where you want. This games unreal.

#10045 6 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I sent the pics to my distributor already. They sent it to Stern. Waiting for a reply. It really sucks because most things I can fix. This doesn't appear to be fixable.

#10046 6 months ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Nope. I put Mylar over that edge day one. No issues. I suggest you do the same and most likely it won’t get worse.

#10047 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. I put Mylar over that edge day one. No issues. I suggest you do the same and most likely it won’t get worse.

how is the mylar laid down? whenever I put it on a edge or curved surface the mylar ends up popping off (shooter lane for example)....

#10048 6 months ago

how is the mylar laid down? whenever I put it on a edge or curved surface the mylar ends up popping off (shooter lane for example)....

I cut mine like a J, then laid it right over the point where the art stops. Hasn’t moved. Shooter lane popping up is common since it’s curved and the stiffness of the Mylar doesn’t form to that groove perfectly. Make sure the area is clean and waxed first before applying the Mylar. Makes removal later (if needed), easier. Not needed in the shooter lane though. I’ve never needed to do that to easily get the Mylar off the shooter lane to replace.

#10049 6 months ago

Send an email to your distro and copy Pablo @ Stern in it. It looks like clear coat failure.

I will check the manufacture date. Thx

#10050 6 months ago

Where did you source your Mylar Chuck; and what thickness are you using?

There are 12,824 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 257.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside