IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 449.
#9951 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Don’t like the show, hate the back glass with the bald girl on it,

Hey now, that girl has a name: Eleven, or “Elle” to her friends. And you’d better respect her, or she’ll hurl a Cadillac at you.

#9952 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Call for yourself. The total with taxes came to a few hundred under $15000.

Hate to argue, but you are perhaps misinformed?
I just paid for mine yesterday from Jerry and the total (including delivery $230) came to $11550.86
(Still a ton of money, but less than $15k)
Now, I already have the shaker, UV kit and the Dice shooter....so that may add up closer to your total (and the topper is 1k plus tax).
I also ordered ULEKs signs, flipper bat toppers, Tilt side blades, the vehicles, glow rubbers, speaker lights...addictive!

#9953 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just spent 5 hours in Pinball Browser bookmarking callouts and music. I only stopped when I got a 500 error and crashed the app If someone can sync bookmarks and let me know if they see them, it will make me feel like less of a loser. I think I labeled at least 200 sound scripts.
I'm trying not to get too excited about the possibilities I hear in the callouts: super modes as rewards for finishing chapter modes (e.g. "Super Ramps").That's what I love so much about Aerosmith, and that's why even though it's simple, it never gets old. I had to decide whether to sell AS or JP, and my beloved Aerosmith is staying.
Lots of great audio assets in the code. I'm looking forward to playing with it and replacing the instructional callouts with snippets from the show.

Thank you for that, hundreds of bookmarks synced thanks to you. Half the battle is bookmarking and labeling, which is tedious work as you know.

#9954 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I just paid for mine yesterday from Jerry and the total (including delivery $230) came to $11550.86
Now, I already have the shaker, UV kit and the Dice shooter....so that may add up closer to your total (and the topper is 1k plus tax).
I also ordered ULEKs signs, flipper bat toppers, Tilt side blades, the vehicles, glow rubbers, speaker lights...addictive!

Wow jealous about the UV kit. Been waiting forever.

#9955 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thank you for that, hundreds of bookmarks synced thanks to you. Half the battle is bookmarking and labeling, which is tedious work as you know.

Thanks for confirming the sync. The music was the hardest part, going back and forth between the game’s DJ mode and my PC to find a match. I should have time this week to tag the rest of the callouts and sounds. I’ve only done this for games I plan to keep for a long time (the other one was IM, I think).

#9956 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nothing like getting attacked by the OP of a Stern owners game thread simply for complimenting a game and asking for purchasing advice lol. You are still so incredibly sensitive about this game and all Stern products.
Thanks for attacking me Chuck and Beezle and assisting with answering my question about pricing. At least this crap doesn't happen in JJP owners threads
"Join our Party" he says, sure! My ass lol.

I'm always happy to see new/more people realizing how much damn fun Stranger Things is. But you made your bed based on your prior posts. You are just completely inconsistent in your opinions. You have a million posts talking about how important interactive toys are, then you come in here and try to pretend that Stranger Things pro has a lot of good interactive toys in it, including a damn flap that goes up and down!

The fact that you apparently think Stranger Things is fun just goes to prove how wrong you are about a pin needing to have a ton of interactive toys in it to be fun. Trying to spin it as though STh pro has a bunch of toys in it to justify your enjoyment is laughable.

You want to join the STh party? Hell yes, join us. But don't make ridiculous claims about *why* you enjoy it, such as drop targets and a flap that drops.

#9957 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm always happy to see new/more people realizing how much damn fun Stranger Things is. But you made your bed based on your prior posts. You are just completely inconsistent in your opinions. You have a million posts talking about how important interactive toys are, then you come in here and try to pretend that Stranger Things pro has a lot of good interactive toys in it, including a damn flap that goes up and down!
The fact that you apparently think Stranger Things is fun just goes to prove how wrong you are about a pin needing to have a ton of interactive toys in it to be fun. Trying to spin it as though STh pro has a bunch of toys in it to justify your enjoyment is laughable.
You want to join the STh party? Hell yes, join us. But don't make ridiculous claims about *why* you enjoy it, such as drop targets and a flap that drops.

Will disagree. The criticism I poster about Stanger Things was in general game threads and it was primarily about the premium. Criticism is fair game in general threads, always has been. If you can't take criticism in a general game thread I don't know what to say.

Maybe it took an empty pin like LZ Pro to make me realize that Stranger Things Pro has a few toys in it. Features like a moving ramp, the Demogorgon, and drops are toys in my opinion. At these crazy prices I'll always be critical of what games come with regardless of the manufacturer. I've been very critical of JJP raising GNR prices by $1k for example.

One last thing. You can enjoy a game but also be critical of what it comes with, or lack thereof.

#9958 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Will disagree. The criticism I poster about Stanger Things was in general game threads and it was primarily about the premium. Criticism is fair game in general threads, always has been.
Maybe it took an empty pin like LZ Pro to make me realize that Stranger Things Pro has a few toys in it. Also, things like a moving ramp, the Demogorgon, and drops are toys in my opinion. At these crazy prices I'll always be critical of what games come with regardless of the manufacturer.

Wow. It's like you didn't read my post.

I never said that you couldn't or shouldn't criticize a game, or that it wasn't fair game to do so.

I said that you are completely inconsistent in your opinions.

#9959 2 years ago

What do you guys mean exactly with the tk lock? Sometimes have a ball relapse on the left ramp. Hear the metal pin doing something, but the ball is already on its way back and goes immediately between the flippers. Is this just bad luck or does this have something to do with tk lock?

Locks magnet works fine.

#9960 2 years ago

Keeping with the 'Arm Theme', guess this will have to do. Growing old waiting, Thanks Stern!

20210502_121220 (resized).jpg20210502_121220 (resized).jpg

#9961 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

What do you guys mean exactly with the tk lock? Sometimes have a ball relapse on the left ramp. Hear the metal pin doing something, but the ball is already on its way back and goes immediately between the flippers. Is this just bad luck or does this have something to do with tk lock?
Locks magnet works fine.

TK lock=magnet lock on the backboard

#9962 2 years ago

I remember how much grief people gave IM when it came out, calling it “stripped down”. But it did well enough for Stern to make it their first Vault game. Another parallel to STH: there was very limited supply of the 2010 Iron Man, and at one point it was selling for $6k when other used Sterns were fetching mid-4’s. I don’t regret selling mine after having it 4+ years, but I still play it whenever I see one on location.

#9963 2 years ago

Finished up new Apron Cards if anyone is looking

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcardscom-custom-instruction-cards/page/20#post-6255169
ST-V1-01-SITE (resized).pngST-V1-01-SITE (resized).png
ST-V2-01-SITE (resized).pngST-V2-01-SITE (resized).png
ST-V3-01-SITE (resized).pngST-V3-01-SITE (resized).png
ST-V4-01-SITE (resized).pngST-V4-01-SITE (resized).png

#9964 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Finished up new Apron Cards if anyone is looking
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballcardscom-custom-instruction-cards/page/20#post-6255169
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome

#9965 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Funny, there some “TK lock” callouts in the code. I guess they decided they could abbreviate “telekinesis” for normal people?

#9966 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thnx for ur reply. So is it normal for the ball to come back sometimes when it is a good shot? Don't understand why the metal pin makes a noise at that time?

#9967 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

You are correct ! I ended up finding the email. Player one does have them cheaper than the other company! I was looking for one that had financing! Player One starts at $7990 for a pro, $10,250 premium, and $12,250 LE. I apologize!
The two other companies in Toronto on Kijiji starts at $9999 pro but they have financing.

#9968 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Thnx for ur reply. So is it normal for the ball to come back sometimes when it is a good shot? Don't understand why the metal pin makes a noise at that time?

Sorry I don’t know what you’re taking about. The ball should never come back down the ramp unless you hit too weak of a shot or miss the shot.

#9969 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry I don’t know what you’re taking about. The ball should never come back down the ramp unless you hit too weak of a shot or miss the shot.

Bit hard to explain... But for my understanding, does the metal pin in ramp do something at all?

#9970 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Bit hard to explain... But for my understanding, does the metal pin in ramp do something at all?

What metal pin in the ramp? The director arm? Yes that engages and allows the balls to travel to the magnet on the backboard.

It will only engage when lock is lit, or when a previous lock missed (you were awarded a virtual lock) and you shoot the ramp later when lock is unlit.

#9971 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What metal pin in the ramp? The director arm? Yes that engages and allows the balls to travel to the magnet on the backboard.
It will only engage when lock is lit, or when a previous lock missed (you were awarded a virtual lock) and you shoot the ramp later when lock is unlit.

Yes, i mean the director arm. This makes an bit high mechanical noise sometimes right?

#9972 2 years ago

hey guys, now that everything works I am putting more attention on things I did not care about before...

I think my demo can be angled back a a tiny bit, I do get a lot of balls in the mouth, but I also see a good bunch bouncing off the top.
How difficult is to take the demo out to add the washers? do I have to take all ramps off? I really have not had time to explore that and also had 1 really good gin and soda, all that to say, I won't be doing that tonight unless I want to install the demo facing the other way...

Also, how are the switches located for you on the right ramp? I think mine should be moved a bit.. Maybe?

67DA296E-9A42-481F-8E46-7DF89A3702A9 (resized).jpeg67DA296E-9A42-481F-8E46-7DF89A3702A9 (resized).jpeg6F2E627A-E0CA-4B48-AC04-96E475AE145D (resized).jpeg6F2E627A-E0CA-4B48-AC04-96E475AE145D (resized).jpegC1781EE4-F82F-487B-B06E-E0CBFED60AD1 (resized).jpegC1781EE4-F82F-487B-B06E-E0CBFED60AD1 (resized).jpeg
#9973 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Yes, i mean the director arm. This makes an bit high mechanical noise sometimes right?

Yes. Just like any other mech in the game powered by a coil.

#9974 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

hey guys, now that everything works I am putting more attention on things I did not care about before...
I think my demo can be angled back a a tiny bit, I do get a lot of balls in the mouth, but I also see a good bunch bouncing off the top.
How difficult is to take the demo out to add the washers? do I have to take all ramps off? I really have not had time to explore that and also had 1 really good gin and soda, all that to say, I won't be doing that tonight unless I want to install the demo facing the other way...
Also, how are the switches located for you on the right ramp? I think mine should be moved a bit.. Maybe? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I centered the switches in the slots. Made a big difference in a few spots.

Removing the demogorgon the first time is time consuming but not hard. 2 nuts on the bottom and 1 screw on top to remove it. The left entry and exit ramps need to be loosened to get it athat screw cleanly as well as the plastics surrounding the demogorgon. Just don't put the play field screw back when you are done. It's really not needed. The two lock nuts on the back will hold it fine so the next time it's just those two nuts and you are done

#9975 2 years ago

My Burn It Back switch wasn’t registering reliably, and I just wanted to share my solution. I figured out the the problem was that it was resting in the closed (“on”) position, so I added a small washer under each screw under the switch body, to give it a little more travel. So far that fix is working well.

#9976 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I centered the switches in the slots. Made a big difference in a few spots.
Removing the demogorgon the first time is time consuming but not hard. 2 nuts on the bottom and 1 screw on top to remove it. The left entry and exit ramps need to be loosened to get it athat screw cleanly as well as the plastics surrounding the demogorgon. Just don't put the play field screw back when you are done. It's really not needed. The two lock nuts on the back will hold it fine so the next time it's just those two nuts and you are done

I am particularly interested on the switch on the right ramp, right hand side.. how do you have that one positioned, does it looks like mine, or does the lip - L shape of the switch wraps around the edge of the ramp?

#9977 2 years ago

Any distribs in the states have the premium, or just Canada? Would buy the pro but have played the premium and really love it.

#9978 2 years ago

I just noticed that my bag-o-stuff stapled to the cabinet is missing the slingshot plastics. Is that the new norm, or is mine just missing them?

9A663DF0-E61E-4E46-BB34-DE73B2412E8A (resized).jpeg9A663DF0-E61E-4E46-BB34-DE73B2412E8A (resized).jpeg
#9979 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

When the lock is lit there is an opto switch that engages the director arm when a ball goes thru the switch. Sometimes on a weak shot the arm will engage even if the ball doesn’t make it all the way up the ramp. That’s the noise you’re hearing.

#9980 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow. It's like you didn't read my post.
I never said that you couldn't or shouldn't criticize a game, or that it wasn't fair game to do so.
I said that you are completely inconsistent in your opinions.

I've commented a lot on a new pinball machine needing to offer value to justify the price tag, it's something important to me (as well as many buyers) at today's NIB prices. Fun factor alone isn't work $6k - $9k+ for me. Value can come from toys, features, etc but also code. I see a lot of value in Stranger Things Pro and or premium / LE when I see the code work that Stern has put into the game over the past year. Not all Stern games have the code depth that Stranger Things has which includes number of modes, code that contains licensed assets, modes that have stages, and well done choreography. Someone may look at two games with a similar number of features, say Stranger Things pro and Munster's Pro and say that Stranger Things offers significantly more value due to it's code being deeper, and more developed.

#9981 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just noticed that my bag-o-stuff stapled to the cabinet is missing the slingshot plastics. Is that the new norm, or is mine just missing them?
[quoted image]

Mine did not come with any slings

But quite a few fobs from all the main characters

Could of been a trade off with the plastic sets sheets and space limits

#9982 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Mine did not come with any slings
But quite a few fobs from all the main characters
Could of been a trade off with the plastic sets sheets and space limits

I was afraid of that. I hope my Ulek protectors come soon. This would be my first new Stern without a spare set - LOTR, MET and JP all had them.

#9983 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My Burn It Back switch wasn’t registering reliably, and I just wanted to share my solution. I figured out the the problem was that it was resting in the closed (“on”) position, so I added a small washer under each screw under the switch body, to give it a little more travel. So far that fix is working well.

Interesting, on mine the Burn it Back switch sometimes doesn't register either.
Can you please post a photo?

#9984 2 years ago

I had the assumption that the distance from the metal laneguide to the Burn it Back switch is too large.
It always works in the switch test when let the ball pass through.
But in the game the switch sometimes not register.

BiB Switch (resized).jpgBiB Switch (resized).jpg
#9985 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

I had the assumption that the distance from the metal laneguide to the Burn it Back switch is too large.

Not on my game. I’ve never seen that switch not register in game. I shoot that shot a ton too.

Switch just needs an adjustment to be a bit more sensitive is my guess.

#9986 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I was afraid of that. I hope my Ulek protectors come soon. This would be my first new Stern without a spare set - LOTR, MET and JP all had them.

I have had three new in box machines in the last 2 years and none of them came with the slingshot plastics. Key fobs and target stickers is all that I got

#9987 2 years ago

I’ve also never seen a slingshot plastic break. Everyone gets protectors and they already have corner protectors from the factory.

#9988 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Someone may look at two games with a similar number of features, say Stranger Things pro and Munster's Pro and say that Stranger Things offers significantly more value due to it's code being deeper, and more developed.

Way to cherry pick the one game (Munsters Pro) that is intentionally shallow to prove your point. Stranger Things really isn't that deep. You literally have to shoot the same shot several times to activate a mode...something that you apparently despise. I am glad you like it but man, you really are contradicting yourself.

#9989 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:Hey gals/gents, it’s been a long time since I posted. Here in Ontario we are on full lockdown and I’m spending most of my time in cottage country. That being said the only thing I miss from home is pinball. Came home for a few days and that’s what I did.
This game is phenomenal. I bought my first 2 pins at the same time. TSPP and STH. I love both themes and would only buy based on themes. Before December I probably played pinball 50 times in my life. I have GP and GNR on order and I fear I will never play them. I play STH 500 over TSPP. It’s just so smooth.
Thanks to Chuck I was dialed in early and put a bunch of mods on. Added a back playfiel led that goes to a slow heartbeat to make it a bit more intense.
Never watched a YouTube video other than Chucks and would love to get to “Light the Fire” and “Send it Back” but can’t quite get there.
After you get through total isolation and and beat the next 4 modes (2 for each side) is there anything. Or do you have to do it all again to get there? Not sure I will ever get to Final Showdown.
Got a new high score today. Almost 1.5B.
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great score! But isn't that in Canadian points?

#9990 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Way to cherry pick the one game (Munsters Pro) that is intentionally shallow to prove your point. Stranger Things really isn't that deep. You literally have to shoot the same shot several times to activate a mode...something that you apparently despise. I am glad you like it but man, you really are contradicting yourself.

I'm not contradicting myself. I've seen gameplay video of Stranger Things modes and a majority of the modes have the player hitting different shots to complete it. That's what I'm a fan of, not a game filled with primarily "hit the right ramp 6x, hit the orbit 10x" style modes. It's also nice that there's multiple wizard modes and multiballs, that adds a lot of depth as well.

I've never felt this unwelcomed in a thread before in my nearly 12 years on Pinside. I've never seen another member of the site treated like this in a club thread and it all simply started with me complimenting the game and asking about pricing. Over what? Providing any type of criticism at Stern in general game threads? Wow...that's normal.

#9991 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve also never seen a slingshot plastic break. Everyone gets protectors and they already have corner protectors from the factory.

On that note: I usually swap out the metal fender washers for PETG ones, but I won’t be doing that anymore. My LOTR right sling plastic broke, along with the PETG washer that was “protecting” it. Of course this is with the stronger after-market coils, so that’s another cause.

#9992 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

On that note: I usually swap out the metal fender washers for PETG ones, but I won’t be doing that anymore. My LOTR right sling plastic broke, along with the PETG washer that was “protecting” it.

I recommend the plastic protectors then. They look great too. Also if you get the UV kit, there’s your extra sling plastics. Haha

#9993 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

Interesting, on mine the Burn it Back switch sometimes doesn't register either.
Can you please post a photo?

I don’t have a photo, but basically the washer sits between the playfield wood and the plastic base of the switch. You may also be able to fix it by adjusting the switch (I was not).

#9994 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've never felt this unwelcomed in a thread before in my nearly 12 years on Pinside.

Well I still love you.

#9995 2 years ago

I swapped out the glow in the dark titans for the purple pinball life ones yesterday. Game is a lot bouncier now it's crazy. Took me a number of games to get used to it. Also put the larger ring under the ring by the launch exit. Made a huge difference. Now those sloppy shots that snuck down the middle are bouncing the left flipper. Game feels much more controlled now. I replaced all of the rubber on the lower half of the machine and highly recommend it. Does make the outlanes a little too easy. Will probably move it back from center to top for that. The reaction to the uv light is also pretty awesome. The more stretched rings glow more than the less stretched ones but it's a really cool effect. I also got the purple post rubbers to replace next time I take the ramp apart.

I have the pinball life shaker in my game and over the last few days I've noticed it is starting to squeak. It's only a few weeks old. Has anyone ran into this and is there a fix? Gonna email pinball life here in a bit about it. Really annoying and it's definitely coming from the shaker. I turned it off and no more squeaks.

#9996 2 years ago

Also put the larger ring under the ring by the launch exit..

Do you know the size of the rubber that you ordered for that post?

Quoted from fswanson24:

Great score! But isn't that in Canadian points?

LMAO Yeah, they are not worth as much. haha

#9997 2 years ago

I’d love to see pics of the purple rubbers. I think I lucked out, because my right and left orbits just drop the ball to the flipper on the same side, only occasionally hitting the slings. Balls have no problem finding the right outlane, though

#9998 2 years ago

I swapped out the glow in the dark titans for the purple pinball life ones yesterday. Game is a lot bouncier now it's crazy. Took me a number of games to get used to it. Also put the larger ring under the ring by the launch exit. Made a huge difference. Now those sloppy shots that snuck down the middle are bouncing the left flipper. Game feels much more controlled now. I replaced all of the rubber on the lower half of the machine and highly recommend it.

Can you show pics with the purple on in both normal lighting and UV?

Which do you prefer aesthetically? The GITD or the Purple?

#9999 2 years ago

Is there a ring size chart for this game?

#10000 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Is there a ring size chart for this game?

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-manuals/

It’s on page 35 in the Pro manual. I’ll also include it here so that’s in the club photo collection (refer to that page for ring locations):
D1E18741-BDE8-40B8-B799-4C9F1BDDEF08 (resized).jpegD1E18741-BDE8-40B8-B799-4C9F1BDDEF08 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.