20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 445.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Anyone have an idea how much the game designer helps out the programmers with rules and modes of a game?
Like does Brian Eddy hand off this layout and say “good luck with the rules” to Lonnie or does Brian work with Lonnie to come up with a rule set?
I can’t imagine Keith Elwin not being majorly involved. Anyone ever hear how this works?

This is why i think game will be great overall. The rules are a collaboration of all 3, Mike V., Lonnie and Brian. Brian wouldn't just "turn it over", he was a former programmer. Fun House, Shadow and Indiana Jones ain't too shabby. Mike V. is impressive to me and Lonnie seems to do well in a team environment.

In his interview, Brian acknowledged the need to make the game deep for HUO folks and yet accessible for everybody who walks up to it.

Fun times!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is why i think game will be great overall. The rules are a collaboration of all 3, Mike V., Lonnie and Brian. Brian wouldn't just "turn it over", he was a former programmer. Fun House, Shadow and Indiana Jones ain't too shabby. Mike V. is impressive to me and Lonnie seems to do well in a team environment.
In his interview, Brian acknowledged the need to make the game deep for HUO folks and yet accessible for everybody who walks up to it.
Fun times!

Ah. Just looked back at BE’s involvement in past games and noticed this!

KE has arrived and BE is back! This is getting interesting

#53 4 years ago

I'm leaning towards a premium but have to see more and try to play it. I will go pro if i don't get the premium and i'm sure they will be crap load of mods for this game.

#54 4 years ago

I'm just gonna bite the bullet and go LE. Game looks more than ample to me from stream and looks fun to shoot and obviously early code that is going to evolve a ton. Projection will make/break the decision but I have to imagine it's going to be pretty cool. I'm just happy it seems they got most the license assets with videos and voices and here's to hoping there is lots of good custom Hopper content. I do hope they throw in more of the humor related content with some of the modes and whatnot, lots of good stuff, need me some Bob callouts!

#55 4 years ago

One of the modes is the scene where they are trying to burn the mind flayer out of Will. It’s awesome.

#56 4 years ago

What will be this game's official acronym?

What are the current candidates?

NST?

STS?

SGTS?

TNGS?

Nothing strikes me as obvious.

#57 4 years ago

STT ?

#58 4 years ago

STH

#60 4 years ago

I second this

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I second this

Third. I say the club thread gets to decide this.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

On fence on model but agree - you guys should call it!

#63 4 years ago

92.5 percent im in on the Pro. Premium / LE should be epic, but I think the pro is fine for me.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like STH

#65 4 years ago

So is that it then? Has the club spoken?? Haha

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

92.5 percent im in on the Pro. Premium / LE should be epic, but I think the pro is fine for me.

I'm thinking the same for me but we well see.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

In on LE . Lonnie code your ass off !!

I knew it. I’m contemplating an le.

#69 4 years ago

Hoping for some good gameplay discussion. Trying to decide which to get. Pro is tempting because I can get one next week. But hoping premium is worth the price too

#70 4 years ago

Ive been using STh. It just feels right haha. Looking forward to the LE when it arrives. Until then, Should I Stay Or Should I Pro

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ive been using STh. It just feels right haha. Looking forward to the LE when it arrives. Until then, Should I Stay Or Should I Pro

I have that song in my head now.

On that note I’m guessing LE will hit the line soon since stern said they’ve been making pros for weeks already.

#72 4 years ago

In on an LE...thanks ZMeny at Flip N Out!!

#73 4 years ago

I came here for pics... nobody has it yet?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I came here for pics... nobody has it yet?

A903E0BE-FD70-49DC-BF05-CC3C155F48B5 (resized).jpegA903E0BE-FD70-49DC-BF05-CC3C155F48B5 (resized).jpeg
#75 4 years ago

I helped my buddy ATLpb out and installed this one at his location in Atlanta Metro, My Parents Basement. He was on out of town on vacation for the holidays.
E4D89180-A5F1-4E9C-8CAB-DD91521FB3B8 (resized).jpegE4D89180-A5F1-4E9C-8CAB-DD91521FB3B8 (resized).jpeg

#76 4 years ago

Same. I’ll be delivering this one to a local barcade this Friday.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same. I’ll be delivering this one to a local barcade this Friday.

Funny. And we are both Eric(k). One of us is spelled correctly.

#78 4 years ago

Code is gonna be knee deep on this game.

#79 4 years ago

Started looking at the music and sound in Pinball Browser. Thinking I'm gonna go for something like this for the main theme. C418 Remix, with some quotes mixed in from EP1.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wov13f2bivgipx/Stranger%20Things_Cleland%20Loop%20Idea.mp3?dl=0

#80 4 years ago
FCB31264-BC03-415F-BB79-5AC1B3763081.gifFCB31264-BC03-415F-BB79-5AC1B3763081.gif
#81 4 years ago

The, how do I put this, "color palette" is worrying me a bit to be honest. Hopefully it'll work out though. Watch a lot of the steam and there was a lot of good and some bad. Code is an issue with Lonnie as well but I'm hoping the rest of the crew is the driving force.
For the first time though I'm possibly a prem buyer so I guess I have time to check everything out.

#82 4 years ago

It’s VERY purple so definitely turn the backbox off during gameplay or the glare blocks the whole center of the game.

If you’re a dark game room player, might be tough to play. And it might be required for prem and LE peeps.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Started looking at the music and sound in Pinball Browser. Thinking I'm gonna go for something like this for the main theme. C418 Remix, with some quotes mixed in from EP1.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wov13f2bivgipx/Stranger%20Things_Cleland%20Loop%20Idea.mp3?dl=0

love the remix, but i have a feeling the quotes will get old game after game after game. Excited to see what all you come up with though.

#84 4 years ago

I was board so i started playing around in pinball browser with the .64 code that dropped. I was excited to see that they have the lines from the scenes in there using the actors, so we should see that in future updates. My favorite so far is script 0x415 which is the purring noise dustin makes when showing off his new teeth in season two.

#85 4 years ago

Dustin is pretty absent from the game so far. He will be a welcomed addition!!

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dustin is pretty absent from the game so far. He will be a welcomed addition!!

From what i could tell they have approximately 15-20 liners from each character, except nancy, steve, and johnathon, they each have 5-10, they do have drunk nancy saying bullshit a bunch which made me laugh too. They have humor elements in there for sure, if executed correctly this could turn out great.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I was board so i started playing around in pinball browser with the .64 code that dropped. I was excited to see that they have the lines from the scenes in there using the actors, so we should see that in future updates. My favorite so far is script 0x415 which is the purring noise dustin makes when showing off his new teeth in season two.

Yup, some lines that have yet to be implemented for sure. Look towards the end of the scripts too, third from last as I recall. “I am Groot” is in there
Must be a template.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yup, some lines that have yet to be implemented for sure. Look towards the end of the scrips too, third from last as I recall. “I am Groot” is in there
Must be a template.

There actually a TON of guardians in there, not sure if they are place holders or what, i found guardians animations/clips, music, and sound. I also found a ton of guitar sounds, perhaps from aerosmith? Not sure if they just keep a compilation of all sounds from previous games of what.

I will also say after watching a bunch of the custom animations from stranger things in pinball browser that this is easily sterns best house made animations to date.

Hopper also has about 200 recorded callouts from what i found (give or take 20ish that could be stuck in random places i didnt listen to everything), with most of the callouts having about 3-5 emotion variations.

#89 4 years ago

This game
The layout
The theme
The assets
The art
The code structure/foundation
Did I say the layout

#90 4 years ago

This will be in my collection but I have to wait and see if the prem is gonna be worth the extra 1500

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

This will be in my collection but I have to wait and see if the prem is gonna be worth the extra 1500

It’s never worth the extra money, but it’s always more fun.

#92 4 years ago

Cut the check for an LE. Now we wait...

#93 4 years ago

For those diving into the Pinball Browser side of things, are there multiple options to replace the music at the end of a game with both "Should I Stay or Should I Go" and Never Ending Story? Wasn't sure if there were two different music track slots available at the end of game or only one. And I know Never Ending Story is Season 3, but we are putting this out on location and I think people would get a kick out of hearing that song after a game.

#94 4 years ago

I want don’t mess around with Jim as the high score initials entry. Haha

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

For those diving into the Pinball Browser side of things, are there multiple options to replace the music at the end of a game with both "Should I Stay or Should I Go" and Never Ending Story? Wasn't sure if there were two different music track slots available at the end of game or only one. And I know Never Ending Story is Season 3, but we are putting this out on location and I think people would get a kick out of hearing that song after a game.

It doesnt really work like that. Things in the code aren't labeled "end of game song" they are labeled script #'s so the code is looking for script 0x415 for example. So until Cleland gets his game and can match up the music he hears in the game to the script #'s in the code, we wont know whats all possible.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

It doesnt really work like that. Things in the code aren't labeled "end of game song" they are labeled script #'s so the code is looking for script 0x415 for example. So until Cleland gets his game and can match up the music he hears in the game to the script #'s in the code, we wont know whats all possible.

I plan on doing the same and putting in the neverending story song to replace the game over. Game will be in today and I'll release my custom for the group like I've done with JP2 and GB. More to come...

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I plan on doing the same and putting in the neverending story song to replace the game over. Game will believ be in today and I'll release my custom for the group like I've done with JP2 and GB. More to come...

Thanks delt31 GB is fantastic.
Will your Stranger Things work in Pre/Le also?

#98 4 years ago

.75 code just dropped

https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/stranger_things-0_75_0.spk.zip

Readme is as follows

PRO V0.75.0 - December 30, 2019
=====================

- Changing revision number to sync with LE/PRE rev level.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to Bust Out.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to Trap'Em, Trap'Em Super Jackpot.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to What's That.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to Run Will, Run Will Super Jackpot.
- Added new Demogorgon Kill SFX to Can't Stop This, Can't Stop This Super Jackpot.
- Added Send it Back Intro SFX.
- Added Light the Fire Intro SFX.
- Added new Send it Back Intro display effect.
- Added new Light the Fire Intro display effect.
- Added new Final Showdown Intro display effect.
- Added Bullies award speech.
- Changed the volume of the Bullies award SFX.
- Changed/Raised the speech volume for all speech .wav files.
- Added speech for finishing Morse Code.
- Added Progress meter to Quarter Hunt.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want don’t mess around with Jim as the high score initials entry. Haha

I like this idea for the high score entry too. Usually, there's a music request for end of game that's different from high score.

So, Never Ending Story or Should I Stay Or Go could be end of game and Don't Mess Around with Jim could be high score. Tracking shows my game arriving tomorrow

delt31 Have you started figuring out and labeling music requests in Pinball Browser yet? Looks like music selections are requests 31-81.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Love it Cleland!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Cruz, CA
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 22,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.