20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #235 ALERT: Be sure to check PRO Ball Lock Post, it can come loose. Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #712 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Replacement rubber info Posted by fooflighter (4 years ago)

Post #1272 TECH: TOYS. Demogorgon adjustment to make less shot rejects Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1273 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Projector focus adjustment instructions Posted by rs812 (4 years ago)

Post #1717 TECH: PLAYFIELD. TK lock and deflector adjustment instructions Posted by chuckwurt (4 years ago)

Post #3533 TECH: BOOTING. Fix for Spike machines that frequently have problems booting Posted by C0untDeM0net (3 years ago)

Post #5955 MOD: Stranger Things action button surround and shooter plate Posted by pinballslave (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

3,590 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 4 years ago

So which game is everyone getting??

Can’t wait to play this game!

FB4BF2AE-D63B-44D3-8595-D8E269A0E149.gifFB4BF2AE-D63B-44D3-8595-D8E269A0E149.gif
#3 4 years ago

Mmmmmm LE. Must resist!

2BD83672-0EC1-4F0A-988A-F2CEE1DA3A3F (resized).jpeg2BD83672-0EC1-4F0A-988A-F2CEE1DA3A3F (resized).jpeg
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ll have to play before I would buy. Maybe a pro to put on location.

Should be able to play it crazy soon.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Don is hauling one to Kidforce as we speak.

Lucky!!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This is so deflating. I went from feeling like a kid at Christmas to just super bummed. Anyone know of any distributors with an LE available?

Try Trent.

#21 4 years ago

I’m so excited you’re in on this. Haha.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Deposit placed for a premium!

Congrats! Never thought I’d do this, but we’re getting an LE from Trent!

#35 4 years ago

Before the announcement I was like if the LE has awesome purple armor and monsters all over it I’m getting it.

What are the odds that would actually happen?? Haha

#36 4 years ago

Oh cool. The modes aren’t always in the same order. That’s awesome. Or a shot on the playfield changes them.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Will be going in on a premium TPF show special. The LE is beautiful with the purple trim. I do like the cab art better on the premium. May have to powder coat the premium. Very happy the way it turned out! Can't wait to own one.

Since having ACDC premium with the armor and GOT premium and the metal apron, I had to get both with this game. Not to mention the upgraded sound package plus a external sub is going to be nuts.

#48 4 years ago
21924E9E-4700-4C11-A6A9-B74CCA903985.gif21924E9E-4700-4C11-A6A9-B74CCA903985.gif
#50 4 years ago

Depends on the team. I’ve heard that ST is a group effort between Mike Lonnie and Brian.

But Keith is all Keith. He just tells the coder what to do for the most part.

But I’m sure every game has input from lots of the Stern team including their beta testers.

#55 4 years ago

One of the modes is the scene where they are trying to burn the mind flayer out of Will. It’s awesome.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I second this

Third. I say the club thread gets to decide this.

#65 4 years ago

So is that it then? Has the club spoken?? Haha

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I came here for pics... nobody has it yet?

A903E0BE-FD70-49DC-BF05-CC3C155F48B5 (resized).jpegA903E0BE-FD70-49DC-BF05-CC3C155F48B5 (resized).jpeg
#76 4 years ago

Same. I’ll be delivering this one to a local barcade this Friday.

#80 4 years ago
FCB31264-BC03-415F-BB79-5AC1B3763081.gifFCB31264-BC03-415F-BB79-5AC1B3763081.gif
#82 4 years ago

It’s VERY purple so definitely turn the backbox off during gameplay or the glare blocks the whole center of the game.

If you’re a dark game room player, might be tough to play. And it might be required for prem and LE peeps.

#85 4 years ago

Dustin is pretty absent from the game so far. He will be a welcomed addition!!

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

This will be in my collection but I have to wait and see if the prem is gonna be worth the extra 1500

It’s never worth the extra money, but it’s always more fun.

#94 4 years ago

I want don’t mess around with Jim as the high score initials entry. Haha

#108 4 years ago

That’s how you know it’s good.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Anybody got one near Northeastern NC? I don’t mind traveling a couple hours. I want to buy a pro but would like to play one first. Thank you in advance.

Look up Flippers in Grandy. I bet they get one.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Lol bet they don’t I play there every Monday night! Love that place.

They aren’t a stern army location? That’s surprising.

How far are you from Charlotte? Abari definitely has one.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I’ve seen stern army banners and Dave was giving out stern army dog tags to weekly winners at one point, but that’s all I know about stern army?

Usually if you’re a stern army location you’re regularly putting the newest stern on the floor when they come out. Not always, but usually. Maybe flippers doesn’t buy that many new sterns I don’t know.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Dave usually buys two copies of all the new sterns. A pro that we play at flippers until the premium comes out which stays at flippers and then he puts the pro on route.

So they are getting stranger things? Haha. Sorry now I’m confused.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Lol sorry for the confusion, yes he is getting them I just have the next three days off and was wondering where I could go and play now. Don’t know why but I’m super excited for this game. I’m actually putting my baywatch at a friends house to make room for one. I just can’t wait and wanted to play before our machines arrive.

Then I’d make a trip to Abari. Assuming they have theirs already.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Chuck any idea why this thread does not come up on stranger things search? At least it does not for me when I search

No idea. Ask robin.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I’m not saying all that stuff isn’t cool, but to me none of it enhances gameplay. I have a twd premium and love it, but the premium added the action button that changed the way I played the game. It doesn’t seem to me that STh doses that.

Well we really won’t know what the game offers truly on any model for at least another 6 months.

Walker bombs were added to TWD like 2 years after it came out. Haha

#136 4 years ago

I can’t believe anyone has anything bad to say about any season. They are all incredible.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

I’m in on a LE. Thanks Tommy! Any Premium/LE videos out there? Can’t seem to see any.

There’s just the initial one that’s in the IGN article. Nothing else available yet.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the pro model in the next week or 2. Gonna be out on medical for 3 weeks and will need something to do in the meantime. I really want this game. But don’t know if I can convince the wife of my purchasing it. What do u guys think would happen if I just order it without her knowledge ?

Only one way to find out!

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I plan on it. What are your guys’ thoughts on financing a pinball machine ? Anyone here gone that route to purchase a game?

No. Unless it’s interest free, it’s a dumb idea.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from Jdfitzy-in-Aus:

Sick of the other thread, this is a breath of fresh air...
No hints of a prem/le stream as yet?

I haven’t heard anything yet. I’ll report back as soon as I do though.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I might have slept on this but I realized if you're able to sneak the ball past the four drops before you hit all four down, you get credit for all 4. Best example of this is when I hit the two middle drops and then shoot the ball through, I get credit for all 4.
Nice little touch of strategy for a risky area - avoids having to hit all four.

Yep. Early code wasn’t consistently doing this but now it seems it does it 100% of the time. Glad it was intentional because getting to those last couple demo modes is going to be really hard.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

also - that weird VUK on the far left is actually a good shot to hit to intentionally take down the four drops as it rarely ends up draining on you when it shoots out but usually takes down drops.

I like to use that for the far right drop and to get burn it back progress. If you have the right drop down already, give the game a nudge from the right as the ball is being ejected. Should hit that burn it back switch at least once. Might even get two if it goes up and back.

#192 4 years ago

Phillips hue for the win. Just turn off the light nearest to the game.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You will need a black room for that projector to be worth it. I don't expect it to be a one light off and we're good thing - sterns' promo video supports that where it's entirely dark along with my experience with projectors in general.

We shall see! LE arriving in February. Hopefully sooner.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

OMG!! I just ordered the pro model from game room guys!! I’m so excited. Will be here the 13th. Had to setup delayed shipping because I won’t be home till then. But it’s considered done deal!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!! My first NIB MACHINE!!!! Oh happy days! I love this game after only playing it a handful of times at my local barcade!! It’s super fun. I can’t wait. But I think my newlywed wife is going to kill me. This is bittersweet!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

This is what it’s about right here. Congrats!!!

#211 4 years ago

The sickness is real!! Haha. Enjoy!

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Probably one of the more odd questions, but is the apron lit on the premium? Or only the LE?

I believe it is on the LE. And it’s metal.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Where can you buy a black blank metal apron to suit the pro please?

Did you check all the parts suppliers?

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I have never owned a Stern, is the apron plastic?

On the pro and premium yes. Premiums used to get metal but not anymore. At least the past few premiums I’ve seen are plastic.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

My JP2 Premium is metal with the lighted inserts and based on the images on Stern's site, Stranger Things Premium looks as if it is metal and has them as well.
edit: the feature matrix says the Premium and LE have metal aprons.

Sweet good to hear. I thought when they ditched powder coated armor on the premiums the metal aprons went too.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Who here saves their boxes once their machine is unpacked? Not sure if I should save mine or not. This will be my first NIB purchase.

I cut them up and use the big pieces of cardboard to help me move games. Lay them down in the truck or van and games slide around with ease.

#235 4 years ago

People have had the post for the ball lock on the left ramp come loose on their pros. If you have one, inspect that post to make sure it’s secure. I think it has a roll pin that holds it to the plunger of the coil. Make sure that is nice and tight and not slipping.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yes. That is exactly what I was thinking. Didn’t know if this would help the resale value if I ever decide on selling or trading

Condition is king. If the buy cares about you having the box, they will probably be a pain in the ass to deal with. Haha

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Lol. Right. This is going to be HUO, not on route, and I keep my stuff spotless and it’s also going in a smoke free home.

You’ll be fine then. Let’s see some pics when you get it!!

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Unfortunately, it's not really worth playing until they get some code. It's so bare bones right now it is kind of pointless.

Unless you’re always completing one or both of the mode ladders it’s plenty fun right now.

#251 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think the code has a good amount of modes implemented right now after watching two streams.
It's NOTHING compared to BM66 when it first launched.
This is gonna be SUPER DEEP.

Even if the two mini wizards for completing each season were coded, I ain’t seeing them anytime soon. So it’s okay they are just place holders for now and is standard for a new release.

Yeah you want day one unplayable code, see B66.

#253 4 years ago

Well right now the final three modes aren’t in the game so those definitely need to be added. Haha.

My point was that there’s a ton to do even this early in the code. I can see this taking a similar path to guardians and Deadpool as far as depth. That will be fun as hell.

#256 4 years ago

Welcome! All fans are welcome here. Hopefully we will have a lot more action here once people start getting games and we see the premium or LE in action!

Once my LE gets here I’ll stream the hell out of it! Can’t wait.

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

chuckwurt:
Did Jesse ever find a fix for the demogorgon? I'll try to get down there on Sunday to play some more.

Not sure any adjustments have been made yet. Still shoot and pray as far as I know. I have a beat on a fix to raise the demo a bit. I’ll report back when i know more.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

THANK YOU!! I was curious too but felt stupid and didn’t want to say anything. I already ordered mine so there’s no backing out now.

Call Trent at tilt amusements or Zach at flip n out. They will give you the best deal possible. Cheaper if you pick it up sometimes.

#283 4 years ago
5C5E9F44-5139-48D5-AC8A-FEDB2749F300.gif5C5E9F44-5139-48D5-AC8A-FEDB2749F300.gif
#286 4 years ago

I think others have crimped the metal sleeve around the nylon post with a vice to make the grip stronger. May try that as well if it comes out again. I’d ask stern for a new one too while you’re at it to hopefully get a better one. They clearly got a bad batch of them.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm still unsure of how to actually get to 2x; I've done it multiple times; but am too lazy to look at a rulesheet...Plus part of the fun is just playing to find it...I love the hidden combos in this game.

Burn it back a number of times to like 2x playfield.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

trindawg where are you getting the deluxe speaker light kit from I’m interested!

Speakerlightkits.com

#330 4 years ago

Looks like the projector has its own videos and images. It doesn’t just mirror the LCD. Sweet!

#334 4 years ago

Right here is the best place to get those questions answered. All the owners hang here.

#343 4 years ago

As long as it has a high score list just put the names up yourself! Haha

#345 4 years ago

I was so excited when I thought to get 011 for my LE. it wasn’t available. Now we know why. Haha.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Unboxed mine today and having a blast with the game. Quick question - having some issues with shots registering at the left scoop. Is that normal at the current code? The scoop will eject the balls no problem so it recognizes the ball is sitting on the switch, but when the ball goes into the saucer and it is lit for super jackpot/2x scoring, it does not always award credit for the shot. Anybody else having this issue?

No issues here. Make sure the switch is registering. I bet it’s not.

#367 4 years ago

I say have the sign turn slower like the show. I don’t think it turns that fast in the show. I think it would be cool to have it lit up from the inside like the show too.

Orbits. Coming down the right side I’ll set mine up so that the ball hits the post next to the target so it feeds the left flipper. Much better.

The burn it back loop should come to the left flipper clean. So check that your ball isn’t bouncing off something or re level.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I completely agree, but it's not obvious to me, or I just need to play the game more, what the trigger should be to activate it.

There’s a mode where you collect coins at the arcade. It’s the only thing related to the arcade I’ve seen in the game.

I say maybe just have it run while in a story mode.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is there an insert for that mode that lights up?

Yes. It’s on the right side of the playfield and it’s yellow. However, the lit inserts change with the pop bumpers so you might find yourself in a situation where the mod turns on and off for short periods of time due to the lit insert changing a lot.

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, I don't think that will work. For our wonkavator and Disco ball mods, they are triggered when a specific insert is lit. If the insert is constantly going on and off, it will not be very effective.

Yeah it just depends how often the player is going into the pops. Once that particular mode starts though it would come on and stay on. Hard to decide.

#376 4 years ago

watching the stream from last night on Flip n Out with Brian Eddy. Stuff to note:

1. Game is getting more choreography, fanfare, etc. obviously.
2. More being added to the upside down to increase the depth of the mode.
3. Demogorgan modes are being tweaked to make it more of a battle instead of all or nothing with the mouth shot. So it seems in the future you can kill it without hitting it in the mouth eventually.

All great things!

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Nice! Did he say anything about the development of the code on the projector?

No except that the projectors purpose is to bring the various scenes of the show to life. Ie, not just mirror the LCD animations.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'd also like it to challenge you where you had to bash it a certain amount of times before the killshot will finish him.

I think he was basically getting at that as well.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

What's optimal pitch for most? I just got my game and have not even plunged a ball yet. I'm at 7.2 degrees, too high?

That should be perfect. But I found mine played well at any pitch 6.5 and up really. This one seems to need a bit of side to side work to get the right orbit and kick out where your prefer them.

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

dumb question of the day but the levelers on my STh are jammed and require way too much force. Usually they spin with no issue. I lowered that nut all the way down and still tight to turn. What am I overlooking?

Not sure. Get a wrench and take the whole leveler off and reinstall. Maybe that will help.

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah was hoping to avoid that. Thought maybe something just dumb I wasnt thinking of

With all the games you move you should have a lift at home. Haha. Lift and take the leg and leveler off. 5 mins. Easy peasy.

#397 4 years ago

Cool. Hopefully I’ll hear about my LE soon. Can’t wait!

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone going to powder coat their pro?... Same purple as the LE or is red more used on the pro?

Having had the pro at home for a solid week before bringing it to the local bar, it’s purple all the way on that one.

#405 4 years ago

Haven’t seen that. Maybe put a roof on the ramp over that opto.

#412 4 years ago

Hell yeah! How does it look mounted over the saucer? Is there room there?

#421 4 years ago

There’s a ton in the code already they just have to activate them. I expect tons more in the future.

#423 4 years ago

Don’t listen to Tommy. Still worth it. Haha. Season 3 is WAY too good to pass up.

#428 4 years ago

Is this thread acting goofy for anyone else?

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We are at .81 now, the call outs are in the code, but they haven’t activated them? The obvious question is why? How do you know the call outs are in the code?

Pinball browser folks have seen all of them. Over 200 hopper callouts and at least 15-20 callouts for each character in the show.

#430 4 years ago

Thread seems to be working for me again.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

this is incredible.

Yep. Hopefully they take advantage of most of them.

It was crazy how many callouts were added to GOT when it got its final update. Hopefully these don’t stay dormant for long.

#437 4 years ago

Yeah i have the same setup in my basement.

Anyone know when we can expect the LEs to ship? I’m hearing end of January but that seems ambitious.

#446 4 years ago

Club threads are for owners and fans.

#466 4 years ago

Damn. No one has gotten to to third one on ours yet. We really need to fix the demo shot. Not sure what to do. The flipper power adjustments didn’t help either. Probably going to have to take shit apart and figure a way to have the demo sit higher. That’s gonna be a pain.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Did you try it again today? Setting it to 230 was definitely low. He just didn't have time to dial it in before the tournament. If 255 is high and 230 is low I would figure there is some sweet spot in there.

He said he tried everything in between. No dice.

This was as of 1:40 am last night after the tournament.

#473 4 years ago

It’s a very consistent miss from a trap. The ball hits the toy too high. Every single time. So the toy just needs to sit a tad higher and it will be perfect. Just not sure the best way to do it.

Hopefully my game doesn’t have this issue, but if it does I’ll certainly figure it out so we can fix the bar one too.

#487 4 years ago

Don’t forget to post up lots of pics!!

#491 4 years ago

Man how many of these crappy stops did they buy? Haha. Hopefully they run out soon.

#514 4 years ago

Just got notified that LEs hit the line in two weeks!

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Congratulations. Don’t play too much

Never stop playing.

Trindawg, my first NIB was Game if Thrones. I put close to 1,000 plays on it the first month I had it. See if you can top that! Haha

#529 4 years ago

The sound effects for that are so so good. Can’t wait to hear them with a powered sub hooked up!

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

In my Sterns I put the JBL stage2 810 speaker in the cabinet, this is a drop-in replacement. Cost effective and gives just that extra oomph that will make the machine just that more interesting without pushing it over the top. And I crank the bass up a notch from the menu.[quoted image]

Nice. I’m going to see how the upgraded sound package on the LE sounds first. Not sure I’ll need to mess with anything.

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

To each their own, but I compare that episode to the "fly" episode of Breaking Bad. It has its place, just not for me.

Haha. It’s not THAT bad.

Pretty crazy that the fly episode is seriously the only throw away episode of the entire Breaking Bad series. That show was so good.

#557 4 years ago

You have to upload to YouTube then post a link here.

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Love that rug!!!!
Also. Wtf? This seems impossible.[quoted image]

Haha. Believe it.

#563 4 years ago

Has nothing to do with your center ramp.

Put the game in test mode using the buttons inside the coin door. Find the test for the center ramp. See if you can give us more info after doing that.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I tried that. And it failed the test. Said no power or something like that. So then I unplugged the machine for a bit then turned it back on and it started working again but it’s not coming down all the way.

Pop the hood and visually inspect all the connections going to the mech. Make sure no wires are impeding the movement of the mech and reseat all connectors to the mech.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

but my metallica doesnt disable anything when the coin door is open.

Pull the white nipple looking switch out from just inside the left side of the coin door. That will restore power everywhere.

#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Ok. So I just did a test on the center ramp mech and it’s working this time. Goes up and down, but it’s still not touching the playfield. It’s like an 1/8” or so away from the PF in the down position.

Again. Make sure your mech isn’t obstructed at all from underneath the playfield. I also believe you can set the down position of the ramp in the settings or test menu. Not sure where that’s at though.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yeah I looked under the playfield and I didn’t see anything obstructing. I’ll look again in the morning when I have more light. But I sure would like to know where the adjustment is to set the position of the ramp. That would be useful

There aren’t that many menu options and it’s best to get familiar with everything in there so take a spin and see if you can find it and report back.

#577 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-stranger-things/page/68#post-5385952

Read thus. Mentions adjusting the down position switch. Ping this guy for help. Your down position switch might be registering too early.

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I just got off the phone with stern tech support about my ramp issue. Tech walked me through a couple different diagnostics tests. And he’s sending me out a new i/o board and a new motor just in case. Told me to try the board first and if that doesn’t work, then swap out motor as well. I’m happy with the customer service of stern, but not happy that this issue has occurred. Especially since it’s my first NIB purchase. I mean. 6k for a new machine! Where’s the QC at? A little frustrated if you can’t tell.

Didn’t the game work when you got it? Shit happens. Not saying their QC is top notch but they can’t play a game for a week before shipping it out to you. These things are always breaking. Always. New old doesn’t matter.

Glad they are taking care of you. Hopefully it it back to 100% soon.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yeah it worked for the first day. Second day, not so much. I mean. I’m satisfied with Their customer service. He took care of me and yeah I get it. These boards go bad but I didn’t expect they go bad this soon! I mean. I get that maybe they got a bad batch of I/o boards. It happens. But wow. My wife isn’t happy about it either. Doesn’t help her confidence in my purchase. I get it though. It’s still playable. Just can’t do the demo modes is all. Wifey was noticing the little dimples on the playfield too. She wasn’t happy about that. Anyone else getting these ?

Yes. 100% of games will have these.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Has anyone considered modifying the left saucer so that it doesn't kick to the upper right and instead to the lower right? I've heard from a few people that on their machines if the demogorgon ramp is down the saucer is just firing the ball directly into the side of it.

Weird. Definitely needs adjusted. Should run across the front of the ramp.

When the ramp is up it should hit the furthest right drop target, if that is down it should make its way up the burn it back loop. Some times it can give you an up and back register there which is awesome.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I am fully stripping my machine when it arrives and getting it recleared. Shouldn't have to I know, but I want it to be nice and its my choice.

Who’s doing it? Are you receiving any guarantee of its quality? I’d be scared it could screw up my playfield for good.

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I've had about 10 done now, all beautiful.

Would love to see your game compared to ours in a year. See how your clear is holding up compared to stock.

#619 4 years ago

Sweet. Excited to see it.

#635 4 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

Steaming the premium. Projector and ball lock are sweet!

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Can’t tell how good the rules are, but hopefully become well integrated.

Still way early. Good signs with some of the stuff I saw tonight.

In the end the game will definitely be very challenging to beat.

I hope they add some layers to the multiballs and demo modes. Chapter modes look to be fine. Not too worried about those.

#641 4 years ago

Premium and LE has the ramp post too. Every make sure to inspect theirs when they arrive. Make sure it’s nice and snug so it doesn’t pop out.

#649 4 years ago

I think pinball life has stern authorized ones so get that.

LEs come with a shaker I believe so I’ll report back as soon as mine arrives.

#654 4 years ago

I posted the YT link gents. Haha

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Saw a bit of the stream.
I know it was tough making the ramp with the backboard magnet lock, but I didn't see what happens when you lock one, and then drained. The ball just drops?
Anyone get 3 balls locked back there?

Lock one, it holds the whole game between players and all.

Locks another and it holds both. Same thing. If Say player 2 steps up with one ball locked, when they lock one it passes through leaving the other on the board and gets credit for lock one. Then if player 2 locks the second that will be added to the backboard.

The balls release when someone starts MB.

You cannot steal locks.

#676 4 years ago
Quoted from FlawlessJS:

I think its bottomed out. I've pushed on it pretty firmly and it's not going anywhere...

Take the post out and make sure the plastic part of the post is all the way it. It’s starting to work itself loose.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Hey guys. How soon should I wax my playfield? My machine is less then a week old and I’m not sure how much time should pass before I throw a coat of wax on. Any suggestions ? I’m starting to see ball trails on the ball exit lane onto the playfield. It’s getting me worried.

Clean ball trails with novus 1 or 2. Wax whenever you see fit. But I don’t do it often on new games. Only when I can noticeably see the game slowing down.

Every 500 plays at least between waxes.

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Is there a reason why I’m getting ball trails so soon though on a machine a couple days out of the box?

Yes. The crappy stock black rubber dirties things up quick. I use translucent ones from Titan.

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Chuckwurt, will my manual tell me all the sizes and quantities of all the rubbers that I will need for my machine? I want to get the best ones that I can.

No. But this game has like 10 rubbers in it.

Titan pinball google it. Get the one of their bulk packs or sample packs. That will be plenty and you’ll have extras.

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

chuckwurt , can you show pics of the translucent rubber you have installed on your machine ? I’m trying to get an idea for colors for my machine.

I don’t have them in this game yet.

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The next code update needs damage kill ability for the demo. Top priority.

Right you are Ken.

#734 4 years ago

Anyone been past the 2nd demogorgon mode? Interested to hear peoples thoughts on the rules of those later demo modes.

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Also not good

??? You’ve seen past the 2nd one? What are the rules of the 3rd one?

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I took a look at the left ramp ball lock rod thing and it has not changed on mine. Same press fit.

I would take some crimpers to it to try and tighten it or pull apart and put epoxy in there or something.

#796 4 years ago

Agreed, once my son is done playing with it and I get a chance to take the glass off again

Based on when the one at our bar came loose I’d say you have a few hundred games before it pops out on its own. Haha

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Is Find Barb a random mode where when you hit the correct lit shot you finish the mode? If so that is pretty damn cool. I am just asking because the mode lights up every light, and after hitting 2 of the shots I had completed it.

If you notice, one of them is flashing. Not sure how that factors in, but I’ve found if you concentrate on that one it almost always completes the mode on the second or third one you hit.

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

You have to lock the ball and then while the ball is hold on the left ramp make the left eject hole shot for superjackpot.

No you don’t. Hitting the left ramp before the saucer is for double and triple super jackpots.

#829 4 years ago

How do you adjust the optos? The left ramp opto is sometimes registering a ball when no ball has gone up the ramp. I had it start telekenisis when I drained for instance. I've never had to adjust an opto before.

There should be holes in the ramp that let the opto beam go through. I suspect they shifted a bit and the cutout in the ramp is blocking the beam sometimes with vibration. Also clean really good around the area with a rag or compressed air.

Hopefully these optos aren’t shooting though the clear ramp though. That’s a terrible design. Once the ramp gets dirty it causes all kinds of issues.

#832 4 years ago

Ok thanks I'll take a look. There are cutouts so not shooting thru the ramp.

Okay good. I suspect one is askew. Make sure they are lined up and attached to the ramp nice and tight. Then put the game in switch test mode and shake and try to vibrate the game to see if you ever get the opto to register.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I think I remember reading this, but anyone else have the ball get stuck under the demogorgon after hitting that middle shot? Any solutions known? I believe game is pretty level; all other shots are hit consistently, including the demo shots into the hole.

It’s the gate to the left basically right to the right of the mystery shot and to the left of the demogorgon.

Some have simply removed the gate arm completely. Not sure what others have done. But the arm has become loose causing the hang up I believe.

#838 4 years ago

Yeah I’ve had that before too. Good catch. I bet that was the issue.

#840 4 years ago

Rumor has it LEs will start to land at distros next weekend! Hooray!!

#841 4 years ago
18377A1E-0171-48E3-8BCE-56BBE8927569.gif18377A1E-0171-48E3-8BCE-56BBE8927569.gif
#855 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Could it be a software glitch?

No because now one else is experiencing it.

#856 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

What was the fix for the ball lock post not
Going all the way down ? That’s starting to happen to my machine now. It’s sticking up just enough to where the ball won’t go all the way through

It’s come loose from its pressure fitted sleeve. You’ll need to take the post out, hammer it back down and crimp it better or epoxy it into the sleeve.

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

But my point was if you could still do that if you disable the up post so the ball isn't going to be locked for some time any more.

I think so. It should work like groots mouth being disabled. Shoot the ramp and it will activate the doubler, shoot saucer for double super.

And the left ramp will only lock a ball if you’ve hit the lock targets first. If you haven’t done that, left ramp is simply a regular jackpot like all the other shots. 5 jackpots lights saucer for super jackpot.

#865 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

So my question - Is this a bug? If not, can anyone explain what AUTO means?

It makes it more difficult to get extra ball if you’re getting it all the time. Just like replay auto adjustment.

#867 4 years ago

Not sure a lot of people have the tools to add a roll pin. I know I don’t. I may just disable mine when I get the game and see if they ever release better posts in the future and just get one of those.

#869 4 years ago

Good idea. Not sure on the part number. Is it listed in the pro manual? I think I heard that’s available on the stern website now.

#872 4 years ago

#4 in the diagram above.

#881 4 years ago

Thanks so much! Since all versions of the game use this post this info is huge. Thanks again.

#889 4 years ago

I have never had any interest in anti glare glass. Seen it in person many times. Just not worth the price tag imo. I’d rather try and find a project EM. Haha

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You’re going to get a sheet whether u like it or not. I’d reckon it’s a must have with the projector.

Yeah I’m in uncharted waters with getting a LE. This will be my one and only NIB LE most likely.

I can certainly have you over jandrea95 so you can see it first hand. If I get this thing this weekend I’m going to have a few friends over to try it out.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thanks for that, certainly can use the 300 for something else if it isnt that much of a difference. I did notice you can turn the backbox bulb brightness down, so ill play around with that.

This is huge. Definitely do this.

#895 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Is there a setting in the menus for this

Yes. Under adjustments

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

No need to do customs. The stock cards are awesome.

I have to. Even if they are direct copies of the originals. I have a friend that prints them on metal. They are awesome.

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone see deadflip video with the like arcade sign topper. Actually a killer idea for a topper just make it spin and an ok light show and it’d be amazing honestly. I’d prefer that over some flat plastic with the kids faces on it

Not a fan of toppers but I did see that. Seems to be the obvious choice. I’m glad the mod community is making them for inside the game though. Definitely getting one of those.

#903 4 years ago

Sorry I’m just talking about collecting the super jackpot. You don’t have to hit the left ramp first. If you hit the left ramp first it doubles the super jackpot. Single super jackpot worth 6MM is available after collecting 5 jackpots.

Trust me I’ve accidentally collected a base value super jackpot lots of times. Haha

#904 4 years ago

The display you posted clearly says collect 5 jackpots to light super jackpot. Makes not mention of locking a ball to light super jackpot.

Sorry I must be misunderstanding something you’re saying.

#905 4 years ago

Also on the premium/LE you are able to lock a ball on the left ramp at any time for 2x playfield, then lock a second up there for 3x playfield assuming your have enough balls in play.

I assume the pro will do the same but simply use the post instead of the magnet to accomplish this.

This also might be code not public yet.

#907 4 years ago

But try and test this out. Get into multiball, hit the lock targets right away and do not hit any jackpots. Shoot left ramp. I bet it holds the ball for a period of time and doubles the playfield. Just like locking a ball in groots mouth during MB.

#909 4 years ago

Weird. I guess my understanding of things is off and the way I played it I just got lucky every time.

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Display also clearly says double jackpot if you collect the ramp before saucer.
Collecting the double first also doubles the super in the saucer from 12 to 24 millions.

Okay so targets do nothing. Ramp doubles super after collecting 5 JPs, but isn’t required to collect a super.

Super base value is 6 million. Hitting ramp before super bumps it to 12 million. Having 2x playfield running or lit at the saucer bumps it to 24 million.

48 million super is possible too but not sure how we did that. Seen it multiple times though.

#917 4 years ago

Nice! But unless you repinned the wire and replaced it into the connector it may keep wiggling loose again.

Now let’s see some monster scores!! Haha

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Actually, the part of the wire that plugs into the connector was flattened out, therefore wasn’t clicking in. So the tech had me pry it open just a bit so that it would click into the connector, which is what it did. It’s not going anywhere. And if it fails again, I’ll know where to look this time. But I think it’s smooth sailing from here.

Ok nice! Sounds like the pin was never inserted properly to begin with. Awesome you got it fixed up.

#924 4 years ago

Haven’t seen too many posted here, but I got a GC at my local bar of just over 300mm a couple weeks ago. Doubt it still alive.

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Got this score the second time I played it at the local bar but the monster behind the screen wouldn’t eat the ball [quoted image]

Yeah I should have said that at our bar no one can make the Demogorgon so might need to factor in the makability of the Demo in our scores we share. Haha

ERW - 300 million at AL bar in Cincinnati
Demo degree of difficulty- fucking impossible

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I had a few multiballs and shot at that ugly thing until I determined it’s pretty much just a bash toy. I tried back handing and no good...seemed like the ball would hit just above it. I actually liked how the game flows but as of now it would need to be a lot deeper in code for me to add to n my lineup.

Yeah I can see the poor setup of the demo on a lot of these games turning off a lot of people. The most compelling tip I’ve heard for setup so far is to ensure the demo sits down all the way flush on the hex post under the front of it. Do this by putting slack in the wire that is attached behind the head of the demo. It appears to be restricting its movement forward after being bashed.

Props to whomever noticed that. I bet that will fix a lot of games.

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

My question for the owners is are you guys still satisfied with your purchase?

I’d hope so. At most people have had the pro for a month. Haha

#937 4 years ago

That only measures incline. When you moved it the leg levelers could’ve moved a tad.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It would have had to move a lot! It’s really off. The bubble is all the way forward when I pretty much had it in the middle.

Make sure it’s tightened down on the side rail. Maybe the bubble level itself is loose.

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

- does the button on the lockbar serve any purpose other than a game start or ball launch option? Id like to ditch it.

Yes. Not coded yet, but it will have a purpose.

Quoted from KJS:

- Played around with all the menus, is there a setting for screen brightness and/or contrast?

For the LCD screen? I do not think so.

Quoted from KJS:

- How do I now what update is installed?

The game should show it on the LCD during boot up. I’m sure it’s in the menus somewhere too.

Quoted from KJS:

- mine only came with 1 coinslot door and also a big arse Tournament fugly button. Guess I need a blanking plug.

All international games have this setup.

#944 4 years ago

Yeah they usually drop one right before all the launch parties. Those are mainly the weekend of 2/14.

#951 4 years ago

What do Aerosmith saucers look like? It’s the same type of setup. I feel like those have held up well.

#958 4 years ago

Crazy how this game has like 10 rubbers on it.

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Has anyone replaced the plastic up post with one of these? I’m concerned since my Stranger Things is on location.

I would disable it in the settings for now until some of use can try some of these remedies and see what works best.

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Who here thinks that during telekinesis multiball, that Modes should be suspended during the multiball? Personally , I think there’s too much going on during multiball to try and complete the mode that you were on. Just a thought.

Not a big fan of this. I like to stack modes into MB. I like that some things can stack and others can’t.

If everything locks everything else out it make for a more frustrating experience when trying to get as far into the game as possible.

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I don’t know. Maybe then they should freeze the countdown of the mode?

Then you’d be able to abuse the scoring in the mode as it would effectively guarantee you complete the mode.

I believe you can only stack one story mode with MB, so that’s fine with me.

If you think this is bad, play WOZ or any Keith Johnson game. Nothing locks you out of anything. You could have 10 things running at once. Haha

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Plastic protectors. Yes or no?

I usually get the slings and flipper lane guides. Add some color and protect.

#1001 4 years ago

To be honest, it probably doesn’t need to be replaced.

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

chuckwurt, I was thinking the exact same thing!! I don’t think I’m going to bother with it. I’m just wondering where the other piece went.

Sure there was another piece? I think that right arm being cut off like that is the reason some have had their get stuck.

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Quick hide it before your wife see it. That may be the last straw for her. I so wanted this to be a killer game.

It’s been a month. Haha. Check back in like 6 months. I think it will be mostly complete by then.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It doesn’t seem like it. I recall someone else posting something about this happening to them too but not sure which thread it was in. Anyone ??

Yeah I do. They completely removed it. Haven’t seen them post any problems since.

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Guarantee the "delay" with the LE's shipping is due to ironing out the issues we've seen to date on the Pro's.

I think it’s simply due to then running out of ramp motors and waiting for more.

#1031 4 years ago

I’ll know today if I’m getting my LE this weekend. I bet they were able to make some then had to stop due to the motors not showing up on time.

#1034 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I got an extra for ya!!

Haha. Yeah stern just leave the motor off. My buddy has an extra. Haha

#1041 4 years ago

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

#1046 4 years ago

Getting my LE tomorrow!!

#1049 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

where did yours come from?.....Just saw yours is for sale Good Luck!

Dang! Just got it working and already selling? Bummer.

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

My biggest worry now is that your videos will be on LE, while I have a Pro.

yeah I’m typically pro too, but couldn’t resist.

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

With the LEs shipping I’d assume new code soon ?

I would think so. Someone post up the code version on your game when you get it home.

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Just my personal opinion here and what I am doing to mine.
And with this title, my wife and son are now interetsed in pinball!
I went with the pro due to cost and the fact I never really look at the display much when playing so having the projector display as well to me is not something I am interested in but I am sure it is a cool design. Same as magnet lock but the moving demo would be cool and I hope it can be put on the pro somehow down the track.
This is my first NIB game and Stern at that. I could not go past the theme, Eddy as I love my AFM and I am a basic player and just love flow.
But I bought it knowing I would not be happy with the quality and finish and would do my own thing to it.
So for me the list is as follows so far and pending. Just putting it back together today!
Check/fix lock post, gate near mystery, cord of demogorgan. As per feedback so far.
I pulled all the purple GI and used warm white..Hopper and Mrs Byers look human now and not purple people eaters.
Redecalled the cab to my own taste - I like black/red dark feel. See pic.
Speaker upgrades, changes out shooter, coin reject , start switch flipper buttons to clear red, lock bar to black.
Cleared the shooterplate to match the door sheen better
Pinnovators door kit but not fitted yet as supplied item not suited to this door - they are looking into it.
I'm, working on a 2d translite today that I think will look amazing in the scheme I am doing.
After all this I will be geeting onto customising the playfield.
Done a lot with pinsound but not pinball browser so need to look into it as I want to add alot of my own sounds or Clelands mix when he does it as he has nailed other titles!
I'm calling it the upside down edition
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That backglass is sick!

#1078 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m wondering if the ball lock post is breaking loose Because the ball is hitting it so fast. Not an issue for the le, of course.

I think the post is there on the LE too.

#1079 4 years ago

Fiddled with the wire harness behind the demo at the bar Pro we have here. No improvement. What doesn’t help is he spring steel on the ramp I think. The trajectory of the ball is never the same. So definitely need to compensate with code or send out new toys with a bigger mouth.

#1084 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought the magnet grabbed the ball in the back to lock them?

It does. The post is needed because the balls stay locked until someone gets MB. So if I lock one on the backboard and you lock a ball, it passes the backboard and locks via the post. Then you can add a second ball to the backboard if you get lock two. I think. Haha

#1087 4 years ago

I plan to inspect that area a lot when I get my game. I’m very curious too.

#1094 4 years ago

Here’s to hoping that different mech for the prem/LEs makes the demo way more makable. Then we just need to figure out the ultimate fix for the pros. But I still think the best way is through software. Make it possible to beat the demo to death.

#1098 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

That’s great news! I still haven’t unboxed mine yet so haven’t had a chance to check it out.
A damage meter would be super cool. Make it an ongoing battle of some sort.

Totally agree. Bring on the power meter.

#1100 4 years ago

Thanks for doing that. Really helps the coders figure this out when we catch it on video. I’m pretty sure these are bugs. I’ve seen the opto issue at the one we have at the bar tonight too.

#1102 4 years ago

One interesting thing I noticed after watching the video back is that the up post didn't fire at 2:40. That would seem to indicate it wasn't the ramp entry but ramp exit opto having an issue maybe? I have seen the up post fire in the past but tonight it didn't.
Hopefully it helps. the last issue definitely feels like a software bug to me. I had get me out, demodogs, and then while those were running upside down start. First time I think I've had it start while in modes like that.

Most times that bugs occur multiple things have to happen at once so it’s almost impossible to communicate it to them so video is always best.

#1106 4 years ago

Hell yeah! I have to work til noon then headed to pick mine up.

#1110 4 years ago

I assumed it just needs something there to block the ball from hopping that wall. I’ll look at mine too.

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

What do you do about the corners? Are they a little bit smaller since you can't bend the corners?

You can bend them. It’s not thick metal.

They fit nice and snug.

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Wonder when the pro owners will get that new update

Lots of times light shows are different on the prem LE models. The added content he’s seeing is also probably prem LE only for the projector

#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Shouldn't you be unboxing a machine and setting up your streaming rig?

9D3FC588-2ABC-4C04-8911-AADCE4420C0B.gif9D3FC588-2ABC-4C04-8911-AADCE4420C0B.gif
#1125 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

You puttin a set of Big Miss Mona's Pinskirts on it, Chuck?
Would be sweeeeet!

Not sure if they will fit with the 10 sets of Pinstadiums I plan to install on it.

#1131 4 years ago

Okay got my LE setup! Some notes first then I will post a bunch of pics.

- Clear coat is definitely better on this than the pro I opened. Thicker and like glass.

- I put a piece of mylar shaped like a "J" around the left scoop to protect the art on the edge

- The playfield was not in the track properly and I had to get it back on it which was a pain.

- the post appears to have been punched to have a better grip on the plastic post. I could not pull it apart even with vice grips. I will leave for now. Trent said they may even have a completely different post they will be offering soon. Maybe this is it, not sure. I forgot to take a pic

- the settings for the projector are awesome. you can individually control each target and the projectors mapping. I did not see anything for focus or contrast or anything else. The images are focused, but are not super high res.

- The main screen did not sit flush at first with the side screens, but after I took the game from 7.5 to 6.7 degrees, it sat flush.

- I have the game pitched at 6.7 degrees give or take a degree. Shallower than I like but game is still playing pretty fast.

- I messed with the flippers a bunch to dial in the demo. I could not hit it ever until I had the left flipper at 220 and the right flipper at 235. Still very difficult but I went from 95% misses to like 85% haha. #1 on Sterns list for code should be a health bar and the ability to bash the demo to death for reduced scoring, but allow the player to advance in the game.

- My basement lights aren't the brightest and I have them dimmer than usual to help make the projections pop. It is fine in a well lit room, but better if the lights are down a bit. Do not need a pitch black room at all.

- pictures make the images look more washed out than they are for sure. It was hard to get good pics. Hopefully I can do better capturing it on stream.

Finally, if you do not put a sub in this game, especially if you have the LE, you are an idiot. haha. One of the best sound packages I have ever heard. Only TNA tops this game for me.

Overall I am pumped I got this. Cannot wait to see where this game is in 6 months to a year.

Now to get some high scores with my friends!!

#1132 4 years ago
IMG_1464 (resized).JPGIMG_1464 (resized).JPGIMG_1465 (resized).JPGIMG_1465 (resized).JPGIMG_1467 (resized).JPGIMG_1467 (resized).JPGIMG_1468 (resized).JPGIMG_1468 (resized).JPGIMG_1469 (resized).JPGIMG_1469 (resized).JPGIMG_1470 (resized).JPGIMG_1470 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1473 (resized).JPGIMG_1473 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1474 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1475 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1477 (resized).JPGIMG_1477 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1478 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1480 (resized).JPGIMG_1480 (resized).JPGIMG_1481 (resized).JPGIMG_1481 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1483 (resized).JPGIMG_1484 (resized).JPGIMG_1484 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1485 (resized).JPGIMG_1486 (resized).JPGIMG_1486 (resized).JPGIMG_1487 (resized).JPGIMG_1487 (resized).JPGIMG_1488 (resized).JPGIMG_1488 (resized).JPGIMG_1489 (resized).JPGIMG_1489 (resized).JPGIMG_1490 (resized).JPGIMG_1490 (resized).JPGIMG_1492 (resized).JPGIMG_1492 (resized).JPGIMG_1493 (resized).JPGIMG_1493 (resized).JPG
#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Congrats!
What is all over the bottom of the cabinet?[quoted image]

Demogorgon guts. Haha. Not sure. Some black paint spilled maybe. Not sure.

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a beauty Chuckster now get on there and give us some gameplay reviews!
Think I’m gonna go pinsound on this one!

Does pinsound work for spike? I have to say, I’m a pretty bit audiophile and the sound system on this is strong already.

#1142 4 years ago
E694ABBD-6D71-4268-B9DD-25D2AB1C0CA0.gifE694ABBD-6D71-4268-B9DD-25D2AB1C0CA0.gif
#1146 4 years ago

Streaming my LE at noon eastern today. Come hang out!

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

In the mystery award, does anyone know what award map image means?

No but I know Brian eddy is taking it out of the code. Haha

#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Thanks for sharing these. Here's me thinking you got a fucking sub in your LE. What is that tweeter in the bottom of the cab?!

No a powered sub outside the game. It sits underneath. I just piggy back the stock sub in the game. This game is the only game I’ve ever seen that absolutely needs a powered sub with it.

#1153 4 years ago

Yeah my setup doesn’t look clean at all. Haha. But sounds awesome. Doubt I’d notice a difference if I got the pinnovators stuff.

#1155 4 years ago

Sweet. Didn’t realize it was that cheap. I’ll check it out!

#1157 4 years ago

When I disconnected it this morning to work on some things I played a test game and was like, “yuck”. Haha

#1159 4 years ago

Fun stream! Thanks to those that tuned in. I’ll post it to YouTube for those that want to see it later.

I’ll need sterns help to dial in my magnet lock. I sent them a video showing the issue up close. Hopefully that will help them help me.

#1161 4 years ago

Interesting. I’ll dial back mine and see if it helps. I feel like I tried that last night though. I’ll check again.

#1164 4 years ago

Mine was kind of an issue till I dialed my flipper strength back. What a wonky mech for the ball to fly up. I thought mine was broken it’s just like a rod

So dialed back the right flipper power to 240,230,220,210. No improvement. Still about the same success rate.

Mine is a rod with a flat guide welded to the outside of it that’s closest to the player. What I think is happening on mine is that the rod moves too close to the backboard wall and is pinching the ball as it tries to travel up the diverter slowing it down or completely rejecting it.

Here’s a video.

#1166 4 years ago

Hm id Actuate it in test mode and roll a ball through there by hand. It does look like the stalls the ball instead of acting like a ramp

Sucks because in coil test it simply fires the diverter. Doesn’t hold it. So it’s hard to get up close and personal to test it.

#1168 4 years ago

Nice okay I’ll try that.

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

At 3:53 (not entirely related) the ball jumps the mystery target over the wall and into the left orbit. Not sure if that is intentional but it's been happening a lot to me

I haven’t had this yet, but purely physical. If you inspect the target it’s got nothing above it. The ball must have too spin on it when you hit it sometimes and is jumping over the wall after making impact. Is your game steep or closer to 6.5 degrees?

#1188 4 years ago

Maybe there’s a slight variation on the LE as it does happen a lot on the pro near me, but haven’t see it on my LE. Not sure.

#1190 4 years ago

I left them wide open and turned the sling power down a bit. I found that to be a good middle ground.

#1192 4 years ago

Agreed. My first LE too and I’m glad I got it. From the better clear coat to all the little add ons that are included, it’s been great.

Doubt I ever get one new in box again (simply due to the price), but glad I did it this one time.

Once I get my left ramp dialed and we get software comp for the demo I’ll be really really happy.

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Congrats on your LE. How does it relate to the PRO version?

Feels and shoots ten times better. Not sure what it is, but just feels better. Once i get the lock shot dialed in, it will be really great.

The projector is cool too. Adds more to the game than people realize. The moving demogorgon is a nice touch too.

#1206 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The powdercoat color on the LE is GORGEOUS. Pictures do not do it justice.

Yeah it looks brown in photos. Haha. Would’ve been cool to have some flake to it, but I like it too. It doesn’t stand out a ton, just looks subtle and nice in person.

#1208 4 years ago

Haha. I’m good. Thanks though. I can’t stop playing my games long enough to do powder coating.

#1211 4 years ago

LE's probably don't have this issue because the mech is controlled

I beg to differ. Haha. The mech simply has a tail on it that is hit with an up post to make it shake. Think chime box.

#1221 4 years ago

Same here. I haven’t heard back from stern but I sent them a video close up of the diverter consistently missing. Hopefully they can help. I have one other idea I’m going to try. I’ll report back with my findings.

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks keep us posted for sure!

Just checked. My idea is a no go. Hopefully stern replies to me soon.

#1245 4 years ago

No point in replacing the auto launch assembly with another one in your house as you cannot launch balls with the button yet.

Hopefully stern send you our new parts ASAP.

#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

The only way to silence them is to completely ignore their lopsided pessimistic attitude.

And it’s two clicks away.

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Autolaunch is used for ball saves, and most importantly multi ball. Try manually plunging all the balls in a multiball and keeping the other balls alive...it's not much fun.

I was just saying how do you initially plunge the ball into play without a normal plunger? I was thinking you thought by swapping a autolaunch mech from another game would get the game playing for now. I don’t think it will. Hopefully stern can overnight you a new autolaunch assembly and shooter rod assembly to get you back up ASAP.

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I am able to launch balls with the button on my pro.

Not sure what the deal is on mine. Maybe I turned it off on accident.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Spent an hour and I just cannot get the demogorgon dialed in. Messed with the pitch. Messed with the cord. Started to take it apart but got a little nervous.

Try holding it forward with an elastic band like someone posted earlier. Just to see if that helps it. Then if that works we will figure out a more permanent fix.

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM! Unboxing A Stranger Things LE Pinball Machine...Blindfolded?!?!

Hahaha. Amazing.

#1270 4 years ago

Sounds like it doesn’t have time to pull the magnet back to release the balls. Sounds like a bug for sure. When the game turns back on, it should see the balls there and pull back the magnet releasing them.

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

TK Lock possible fix. I cannot take credit for this - Zach from flip n out sent it to me, and someone else had sent it to him but I wanted to pass it along as it worked to fix my TK lock. Before doing this, I was lucky to make 1 of 20 shots to TK lock (testing glass off so I could just do it over and over). Now, I make about 9 out of 10 times!
There is a plunger attached to the diverter that the ball rides up to get to the magnet. On the back side where the plunger is, there is a mech with 4 screws you can loosen and then the mech moves back and forth. This changes the maximum angle of the diverter. What you want is for the top of the diverter to be just enough for the ball to go through without pinching the ball. Mine was much too close to the back and pinching the ball so it was preventing it from going up all the way! Loosen the mech, and then use your finger to hold the plunger in the fully up position (which flexes the diverter) and then slowly slide it back and forth until the diverter is correct as described above, and then tighten the mech on the back side.
After adjusting it a few times - it is very finicky and you may need to make micro adjustments to dial it in - it now works drastically better. Here is the pick Zach from flip n out sent me, and again credit to whomever sent this to Zach. You're awesome!
edit: credit to lodgingdolphin!
[quoted image]

Messed with this a bunch. Very slight changes will change things quite a bit. I still haven’t dialed it in, but I’m seeing improvement.

I still thing that some different timing of when the diverter fires (needs to be quicker) and if it holds longer, that will help performance too.

Thanks to whomever sent this to Zach!

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Can anyone confirm the LE has a better clearcoat? I was on the fence about ordering those playfield protectors for mine when it comes, but this is good news if the LE's have a better clear on them...

Is thicker better? It’s definitely thicker than the pro. I’ve never owned a game that didn’t dimple, so if you’re looking for no dimples you’ll be disappointed. However on the pro the key lines of the inserts are very visible and you can feel them easily. Not the case on the LE.

#1311 4 years ago

Eh. I’ve seen worse. Every game has its quirks.

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from choochoobob:

Eh I've seen worse? What a well thought out response for someone who has a completely valid concern. Not sure what sweetheart deal you got from your friend Mr. FlipNOut, but I don't think it requires you to pretend like everything is rainbows and unicorns chuckwurt. Dimpling happens on every game, but the extent to how much you notice it varies. A metal ramp that looks like someone hit it with an icepick is an eyesore no matter how much worse you have seen.

I just don’t worry about things like that. If my ramp flaps get destroyed I’ll replace them.

I bought my LE from Trent. It was not cheap. Haha

I’d rather have them dented like this than raising off the playfield like other games did. That sucked and messed with the ball travel.

Now if I had some of the pooling and chipping issues others have had on previous games, I’d be pissed. As long as I can see something being easily replaced, I don’t worry too much about it.

#1322 4 years ago

Now the demo ramp getting trashed, that will suck because I guarantee that’s not cheap to replace.

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

My projector seems to be acting weird. When I first turned on the game it wasn't working at all then came on after a little while. But noticed if I open the coin door and change settings and start a game the projector doesn't work for a little and then seems to come back on and after that works fine but tried this a few times and always had the same result. Any others seeing that?

Mine does this too.

Also my feeds from the orbits are smooth.

On the far right of the projector adjustments you can set which specific target or area you want to adjust. Or adjust all of them at once.

#1339 4 years ago

I test the forward push last night. Pulled the glass, held it forward with my left hand and trapped a ball up on the right flipper and shot the mouth first try. Haha. If it’s that easy from that awkward position I think mine will be good if I do this too.

#1345 4 years ago

My demo issue is 100% the demo sitting back too much at rest. Added the elastic and I’m making it left and right trap and speed. Hopefully there’s code comp on top of this but so much better now.

#1347 4 years ago

You hold the keys to their destruction buddy! Just have to push the button. Haha

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I hope Stern sees this post.
Rubber bands Fixes Stern?
I hope your pin is fix and she has a blast with the new pin.
Congrats.
Frank-

I’m sure they will put code in to fix. I’m not worried about it. This just makes it more fun for the time being.

#1357 4 years ago

But it won’t be any easier if they make it ten hits equals one mouth. It adds depth too. If you bash it to death it’s worth way less than getting the mouth kill shot. Also an opportunity to make the LCD animations better and show the demo taking damage.

#1362 4 years ago

Okay I think I got it pretty dialed now on the demo and the magnet lock. Demo is still hard but it’s possible to make it at least now. Magnet lock had been about 1 reject per 5-6 attempts across 5 games. Hopefully it stays that way.

Thought my projector needed focus adjusted, did that then when I put the cover back on it came out of adjustment. Haha. Should’ve just left it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Trade
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
3,590 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 1 of 15.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/1?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.