IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 449.
#9701 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I have to admit that this is my favorite new game since WMS got out of the business (quite a statement). Probably because the rules and layout remind me of a WMS game. (AFM and MM obviously because....Eddy) I am that guy who prefers the ruleset of those 90s WMS pins.
But wow, it seems like I am constantly popping the playfield to adjust/fix something.
The latest...the up-post on the left ramp. It kept sticking. I took it out multiple times to try and adjust and could not get it to operate smoothly. It was buttery smooth out of the PF and was smooth with the screws partially tightened. Once I tightened them completely, they would pull the assembly ever so slightly. (we are talking a fraction of a mm) I believe that it was mounted slightly off (again a fraction of a mm too far from the hole). I ended up having to rotate the assembly about 100 degrees counterclockwise and drilling new mounting holes. Now it operates smoothly.
I gave up on getting the saucer to go into the burn back loop. I got it close enough where it would loop about 50-75% of the time, but the next day it must have drifted ever so slightly.
I've had to adjust the orbit lane guides multiple times. Arrrgghhh!!! But wow I love this game.

Mines dialed in so it hits the left target and sometimes goes around burn it back as well. Pretty sweet when it happens.

#9702 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Sure, you can download pinball browser and take the two versions, compare them, and put the originals back where you want them. It's not that hard to use pinball browser but it will take some time.

Thanks for the tip. I think I have it ready to go. Imported "ball saved" and "let's try that again" back into the cleland rom and reconverted back to .gz. Was a bit of a pain to find the right sounds because there were no bookmarks for the sounds on either the factory or cleland roms - at least none that I could find, but patience and perseverance paid off . I need to order a new SD card to test it so I'll give it a shot this coming weekend. Don't want to mess with either of the current cards for factory and cleland because both work perfectly at the moment.

#9703 2 years ago

C0untDeM0net - Thanks again for the tip. I decided to go ahead and try it this morning. All went well. Have the cleland running with the exception of the ball save audios, which are set to the factory originals. Pretty cool to be able to further tweak things!

#9704 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

C0untDeM0net - Thanks again for the tip. I decided to go ahead and try it this morning. All went well. Have the cleland running with the exception of the ball save audios, which are set to the factory originals. Pretty cool to be able to further tweak things!

Nice, Pinball Browser is awesome to use.

#9705 2 years ago

Looking for a Stranger Things LE if someone is selling, prefer UV kit installed. Please PM me.

#9706 2 years ago

Looking for a stranger things le ..not worried about uv kit if you don't have it...please PM me

#9707 2 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

Looking for a stranger things le ..not worried about uv kit if you don't have it...please PM me

What the..

Ok I dont care about uv kit either.. so Pm me first.

#9708 2 years ago

This morning I placed a pre-order for the UV kit. Looks like more will be in stock early-mid May.

#9710 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s you budget?

I’m crazy, but not too crazy?

#9711 2 years ago

Well I need to report awesome customer service from Pablo. My DG shots always go high so I asked Pablo and he asked for side pics of the ramp. He says it's wrong and is sending a replacement. Woot!

Our success rate on the Demogorgan shot is around 2-3%

#9712 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well I need to report awesome customer service from Pablo. My DG shots always go high so I asked Pablo and he asked for side pics of the ramp. He says it's wrong and is sending a replacement. Woot!
Our success rate on the Demogorgan shot is around 2-3%

do yourself a favor and just do the spacer fix. The replacement ramp didn't fix anything for me. Takes maybe 30 minutes to do and is well documented in this thread.

#9713 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

do yourself a favor and just do the spacer fix. The replacement ramp didn't fix anything for me. Takes maybe 30 minutes to do and is well documented in this thread.

If I remove the spacers it will lower the demo. Make things much worse. I'm already always hitting high.

My ramp has a bit of a bump at entrance. I have a feeling the ball gets airborne, hits the back of the ramp, and then bounces off way too high.

Before I got the flipper fans we'd have a 5-10 min period that the shot was doable (after about 20-25 mins of play) because of flipper fade. Now that they don't fade it's always too hard/high. But lowering flipper strength isn't an option because of the TK lock. While I have been able to make it pretty good it's still touchy.

#9714 2 years ago

Mine hit high too. Took the demo out, loosened the screws that allow the demo to give when you hit it (make it more jiggly), and added a couple washers to raise it a tad. Mines perfect now. Watch the video I posted above to see.

#9715 2 years ago

yeah the spacer fix can go both ways. I used my phone camera which has slow mo to determine exactly what was happening on mine but you can definitely adjust the spacers for hitting high or low. I've also had a bad ramp which didn't sit flush either so that does happen too. Good luck hope the new ramp fixes it.

#9716 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s you budget?

Don’t do it chuckwurt!!!!!! It would be your biggest regret!

#9717 2 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Don’t do it chuckwurt!!!!!! It would be your biggest regret!

Not if someone wants to pay me $12k for mine. Haha

#9718 2 years ago

one thing's for sure, Chuck's is DIALED IN!

#9719 2 years ago

I saw yours at pinbrew ...nice ...but extremely expensive...tried to get one recently..but guy pulled the add...

#9720 2 years ago

Yeah gonna take a lot to get mine. I’ll likely never be able to get one again so it’s gotta be worth it.

#9721 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Yeah gonna take a lot to get mine. I’ll likely never be able to get one again so it’s gotta be worth it.

are they that hard to get?

#9722 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

are they that hard to get?

You tell me.

#9723 2 years ago

yeah me dumb, should have bought when it came out, from now on Im never letting another pinball machine slip through my hands.. order one of everything I say

#9724 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yeah me dumb, should have bought when it came out, from now on Im never letting another pinball machine slip through my hands.. order one of everything I say

Better order that Fathom remake then lol. QUICK!

#9725 2 years ago

New motor board and motor arrived today. But they are not needed because last night in preparation for their arrival, I took a look under the playfield just to see what I was going to be dealing with. I immediately Figured out the issue was the two microswitches on the ramp mechanism needed to be adjusted because neither was being pressed in all the way when the ramp is up or down.

Easy adjustments with the switch adjuster tool, fired up the game and now the demo Gorgon acts as a bash toy on missed shots.

So I have spare parts and hopefully I won’t have to use them.

FF7C2CE1-CF37-469B-AC1B-2901D7A9A849 (resized).jpegFF7C2CE1-CF37-469B-AC1B-2901D7A9A849 (resized).jpeg

#9726 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That will make things a lot easier! Would make for a great collection too.

#9727 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Better order that Fathom remake then lol. QUICK!

For This ...I pass..

#9728 2 years ago

Looking for a Pro or Premium (obvs UV kit included is a bonus).

Anyone super strongly opinionated on the projector either way?

#9729 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I got the topper and honestly I just think it's meh. Much better in attract mode than during the game...when it really doesn't do much. I'm sorry, but I've gotta be honest: I like the look of it on the game, but it's a pretty boring topper.

What code do you have. It’s very interactive with each mode, especially as you reach and pass total isolation. Costly for sure but that seems to be the norm now. I hear maybe another code update coming to add some more lighting effects. Such an awesome underrated game.

#9730 2 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Looking for a Pro or Premium (obvs UV kit included is a bonus).
Anyone super strongly opinionated on the projector either way?

I’m a happy premium owner, but this games got it where it counts in the layout, music and other features. I could definitely be a happy pro owner.

IMO, the UV kit is way more desirable that any other upgrade or feature.

As for the projector, it’s fine, bit not a deal breaker.

#9731 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I’m a happy premium owner, but this games got it where it counts in the layout, music and other features. I could definitely be a happy pro owner.
IMO, the UV kit is way more desirable that any other upgrade or feature.
As for the projector, it’s fine, bit not a deal breaker.

That's good to know. With Premiums now out of production, I pulled the trigger on a Pro this morning and ordered a UV kit for the upcoming run of those.

#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

What code do you have. It’s very interactive with each mode, especially as you reach and pass total isolation. Costly for sure but that seems to be the norm now. I hear maybe another code update coming to add some more lighting effects. Such an awesome underrated game.

Off the top of my head, 1.02 maybe? It just changes colors with modes, and attract mode is colorful and flashy. I don't reach and pass total isolation nearly enough to know how good it can be, apparently.

#9733 2 years ago

Yeah it changes colors and flashes with each mode and as you progress through them / finish them it becomes more colorful and flashy. I drain every time I try and watch the effects.

#9734 2 years ago

quick update, I installed the new ramp cover... cutting to the chase, if you are reading this and still having issues after adjusting the diverter as per the instructions here and from Stern do not waste any more time doing anything and just ask for the ramp.

My TK is 100% now even with questionable shots that were impossible before, granted not all questionable shots make it but now some do, otherwise good shots have zero issue reaching the magnet now.

I have found a way of lifting the PF that simplifies the installation. I actually tried 2 different methods: one using small clamps and the other one using a contraption I built in a hurry. The clamps are safer and more reliable but either will work... If you have a better idea as to how to lift the PF (I am sure operators and other pinball veterans might have better ones), but here is a quick and dirty picture...

IMG_5806 (resized).jpegIMG_5806 (resized).jpeg

I put another clamp on the opposite side and then I lower the PF hinges on the clamp. These were sturdy enough to hold the PF with no problems and stayed like so for about 4 hours as I took the left ramp out, I drilled the old holes out and filled the holes with wooden dowels as seen here and it turned out perfect.
IMG_5804 (resized).jpegIMG_5804 (resized).jpegIMG_5803 (resized).jpegIMG_5803 (resized).jpeg

The ramp was also slightly modified to accommodate its proximity to the LOCK LK switch enabling me to move it forward and drill it 1.5 mm closer to the player. The ramp is now as close as it could ever be.
If you ramp is short or the switch is in the way, I think this approach is solid. I thought of bending the switch, but over time it will flex and bash the ramp and probably make a hair line crack on it, so I opted for a tiny modification shown below and prevent any damage down the road. It also turned out perfect:

IMG_5805 (resized).jpegIMG_5805 (resized).jpegIMG_5802 (resized).jpegIMG_5802 (resized).jpeg

The ball guides were also adjusted, now the left orbit feeds the left flipper (it was bouncing and triggering the slingshot). A small adjustment also alleviated the stuttering/sputtering as the ball travels trough the burnt it back...

After this, fully disassembling my AIQ and repairing an old T2, I think I levelled up in the pinball world.

Game is now 100%.

#9735 2 years ago

Nice work!

I’ve defaulted to telling friends that ask me for help to get the new ramp cover first, then I’ll come over. Haha

#9736 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice work!
I’ve defaulted to telling friends that ask me for help to get the new ramp cover first, then I’ll come over. Haha

Hehe thanks Chuck, took a few hours. Having some woodworking skills is paying off in the pinball world.

Now the only thing left to look at is the mistery outhole, the bar that locks the ball is slightly biting the ball as it comes out and it pushes it out abruptly. I remember you mentioned this in your video but I cant remember what was the fix. Lol So I guess my game is 99% now...

Let me know if you remember what the workaround for that one is. I hope it doesnt involve taking anything off or I will leave like that lol.

#9737 2 years ago

All it took on mine was to raise the right side of the game a couple millimeters so the ball fell out from the post quicker. Worked great.

#9738 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All it took on mine was to raise the right side of the game a couple millimeters so the ball fell out from the post quicker. Worked great.

ah that makes sense, it is probably just out of level because I moved it when I was working on it.... thanks!!

#9739 2 years ago

I want stranger things to be my next purchase. I have to save up quite a bit. Then lie to my wife about the price! Lol

#9740 2 years ago

I can't stop playing this game. Have not touched my AIQ in about 300 plays.
I certainly got frustrated with it for a while but I am enjoying it a lot now that it is playing as it should...

#9741 2 years ago

The frustration continues!!! Just when I thought that this game was dialed in.

So earlier, I posted about having to remount (rotate and drill new holes) the left ramp up post because it was not centered in the hole and it was not retracting. (Because it was binding up on the side of the hole)

Well, I discovered that the up post at the left was doing the same thing. It would only come up about halfway. So it wouldn't trap every ball. Sometimes it was low enough that balls would roll right over it. I had to do the same thing. Rotate drill new holes. So that is fixed.

I found this because I went in to fix another problem (which is still happening after fixing that up post) with balls exiting that up post. I had adjusted the left lane guide to feed the middle of the left flipper. But sometimes the ball hits the top of the sling. I have been examining why. Sometimes the ball comes out a little more "lively" than others. When it comes out with more velocity (for whatever reason), it hits the lane guide and bounces ever so slightly towards the right. As it starts to work its way down, it avoids the lane guide (which would guide it towards the left flipper) I attempted to draw it, but I am on a laptop and trying to do this without a real mouse.
This happens maybe 20% of the time. When it doesn't bounce away, (or bounces just slightly) it will ride the lane guide and everything is good.
Any thoughts?
Oh...and my PF is level. (which was my first thought)
Thanks.

Ball Exit (resized).jpgBall Exit (resized).jpg

#9742 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

So earlier, I posted about having to remount (rotate and drill new holes) the left ramp up post because it was not centered in the hole and it was not retracting. (Because it was binding up on the side of the hole)
Well, I discovered that the up post at the left was doing the same thing. It would only come up about halfway. So it wouldn't trap every ball. Sometimes it was low enough that balls would roll right over it. I had to do the same thing. Rotate drill new holes. So that is fixed.
I found this because I went in to fix another problem (which is still happening after fixing that up post) with balls exiting that up post. I had adjusted the left lane guide to feed the middle of the left flipper. But sometimes the ball hits the top of the sling. I have been examining why. Sometimes the ball comes out a little more "lively" than others. When it comes out with more velocity (for whatever reason), it hits the lane guide and bounces ever so slightly towards the right. As it starts to work its way down, it avoids the lane guide (which would guide it towards the left flipper) I attempted to draw it, but I am on a laptop and trying to do this without a real mouse.
This happens maybe 20% of the time. When it doesn't bounce away, (or bounces just slightly) it will ride the lane guide and everything is good.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

I think you need to pull the left ball guide out to the right a bit more. I had this issue as well and fixed it today by unscrewing the first screw next to the spinner and pushing the ball guide as far out as it could go. It now feeds the left flipper consistently regardless of how the ball exits the mystery lock.

Also, why do you have a diverter if your game is a pro? I am terribly confused by your stickers and other graphics attached to the different plastics.

#9743 2 years ago

Here’s a funny story. I drove about an hour to my new distributor today to get a Pro. He told me a while back that he was out of Premiums and LEs. So after a few frustrating weeks of searching, and dealing with a flaky LE seller in Florida, I talked myself into a pro. I walked into the distributor’s warehouse, and he took me back to an impressive storage area with at least 100 NIB pins, and 12 STH Pros alone. He looks up to the 3rd tier, about 10 feet over our heads, and says “huh, what’s THAT doing there?” There it was, a lone STH Premium.

Long story short, he offered to sell the Premium to me for a reasonable bump over MSRP. But what did I do? I went with the Pro anyway! After getting it home and playing 20-30 games, I’m super happy with my decision. The game already feels perfectly dialed in, and it’s a flow monster. The orbits feed to the flippers without hitting the slings, Burn It Back feels amazing and the saucer feeds Burn It Back at least half the time. The demagorgon shot was perfect for about a dozen games, then it became difficult, so I’ll need to look into that (may need an updated ramp). My game was born February 2020, just before the SHTF with COVID. I couldn’t be happier with it, and I already have a buyer for my Jurassic Park pro (a friend).

Here’s my modest first-day GC (I already moved the outlane posts to the middle position):
43062AE0-FC87-49AD-A31B-5125446EA33F (resized).jpeg43062AE0-FC87-49AD-A31B-5125446EA33F (resized).jpeg

#9744 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think you need to pull the left ball guide out to the right a bit more. I had this issue as well and fixed it today by unscrewing the first screw next to the spinner and pushing the ball guide as far out as it could go. It now feeds the left flipper consistently regardless of how the ball exits the mystery lock.
Also, why do you have a diverter if your game is a pro? I am terribly confused by your stickers and other graphics attached to the different plastics.

If I adjust the lane guide to the right, the balls that ride the lane guide would go SDTM. As it is now, the balls that ride the lane guide feed perfectly. This is about 80% of the balls that are released. It is the 20% that bounce off of the lane guide too hard that causes this issue. What is confusing me is how some balls can come out faster. They are all released by the up-post a mere inch or two away.

That photo is a Stern Promo photo. It was easier for me to go to IPDB, grab the pic rather than walk down to my gameroom take a pic, transfer it from my phone.

What do you mean by diverter on a Pro? There is an up-post under that left ramp that releases balls that go up the drop targets or extra ball/mystery lane. There is also an up-post on the left ramp for ball locks.

I love this game but I am pretty disappointed with Stern. I was a huge WMS snob, but as I got older, I got tired of spending countless hours working on pins. So I moved to Stern to avoid having to tinker as much. This game (which I bought NIB) harkens me back to these days (in the pics...and it is not coincidence on the choice of pics....both Eddy pins ). I went through a lot of pins and yes, I stripped every single one to the wood. (Because before kids, I had all the time in the world) And some pins would get new cabinet/backbox decals (if available).

And just so that I am honest....the pins pictured didn't need much tinkering. I would strip all of my pins in order to buff the PF with Treasure Cove's kit and replace all screw/nuts posts and anything that was imperfect. Man, I was nuts. (But when I sold that MM, it paid for years of that hobby)

DSC00295 (resized).JPGDSC00295 (resized).JPGP3200034 (resized).JPGP3200034 (resized).JPG

#9745 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

quick update, I installed the new ramp cover...do not waste any more time doing anything and just ask for the ramp.
My TK is 100% .

Welcome to the New Ramp Cover Club

#9746 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s a funny story. I drove about an hour to my new distributor today to get a Pro. He told me a while back that he was out of Premiums and LEs. So after a few frustrating weeks of searching, and dealing with a flaky LE seller in Florida, I talked myself into a pro. I walked into the distributor’s warehouse, and he took me back to an impressive storage area with at least 100 NIB pins, and 12 STH Pros alone. He looks up to the 3rd tier, about 10 feet over our heads, and says “huh, what’s THAT doing there?” There it was, was a lone STH Premium.
Long story short, he offered to sell the Premium to me for a reasonable bump over MSRP. But what did I do? I went with the Pro anyway! After getting it home and playing 20-30 games, I’m super happy with my decision. The game already feels perfectly dialed in, and it’s a flow monster. The orbits feed to the flippers without hitting the slings, Burn It Back feels amazing and the saucer feeds Burn It Back at least half the time. The demagorgon shot was perfect for about a dozen games, then it became difficult, so I’ll need to look into that (may need an updated ramp). My game was born February 2020, just before the SHTF with COVID. I couldn’t be happier with it, and I already have a buyer for my Jurassic Park pro (a friend).
Here’s my modest first-day GC (I already moved the outlane posts to the middle position):
[quoted image]

What distro was this?

#9747 2 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Question:
Has anyone ever tried doing a TOPs tournament on their Stranger Things?
I tried but couldn't seem to find the tournament settings in the latest code.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Been running one no prob..its under Tourn in the service menu..only issue was after tourny you have to go back into Tourn settings to see the amounts to award the winners..they arent displayed like they should be in attract mode etc

#9748 2 years ago

Unboxed my Prem last week and loving it..But fell in love with this game on a Pro here on location..Out of the box the TKlock seemed fine then had issues after a few dozen games..

I've Happily disabled the diverter! At least until I have time to tweak it, etc. Just really love backhanding that ball lock! Especially when the game is going crazy with activity and I know I can calm things down with a nice trap out the Mystery feed and work the multiball into a mode or other strategy.. To me the projector and shaking DGorgon are enough of an upgrade over the Pro but I do plan on dialing in the diverter at some point .. anybody else do the same?

#9749 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Any thoughts?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

The up post that holds the ball is hitting the ball when it comes back up and is smashing the ball against the left orbit guide causing the inconsistent feed. Watch this video.

#9750 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The up post that holds the ball is hitting the ball when it comes back up and is smashing the ball against the left orbit guide causing the inconsistent feed. Watch this video.

Thanks Chuck. I can look at dropping the left a hair but I suppose the correct fix would be through software by holding that up-post down an extra fraction of a second.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/195?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.