IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 448.
#9651 2 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

Thanks so much. I’ve got it apart and was just about to start bending guides. Glad I didn’t. Any idea what size doughnut rubber you used for that post?
Thanks again. Go Big Blue!

It’s bigger than the stock one.

#9652 2 years ago

Well I got my new SD card, and I just put the OS on it using Etcher.

Going to try putting it in now. Would be crazy if I had two bad SD cards from Stern in a row, so I have my doubts.

Wish me luck!

#9653 2 years ago

Well so far so good!

I put the new SD card in and the game booted up. But more importantly, it booted up again after turning it off. When I received the replacement SD card from Stern, it booted up the first time too, but after turning the game off and on again, it wouldn't boot up.

Fingers crossed that this did the trick.

#9654 2 years ago

I got in another 20 games on a location Premium today. I finally got dialed in on that right orbit to the pops, and now I feel like it’s easier than the “O” and “S” shots on my JP. I only got to Total Isolation once, what a great multiball mode. I forced myself to play 3 games on an AFM (a nice one), and I couldn’t wait to get back to STH.

#9655 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I got in another 20 games on a location Premium today. I finally got dialed in on that right orbit to the pops, and now I feel like it’s easier than the “O” and “S” shots on my JP. I only got to Total Isolation once, what a great multiball mode. I forced myself to play 3 games on an AFM (a nice one), and I couldn’t wait to get back to STH.

I know what you mean, this game is really great. It is a fun shooter! I can't stop playing it. Last week I was frustrated with the TK so I briefly toyed with the idea of getting rid of it but I simply can't do it, got several offers and everything... I need to keep this game longer. My tk works great now too I am waiting for the new cover though...

#9656 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Pretty sure this is my final version of my attract mode mod running along with a slightly modified Cleland soundtrack mod.
With regards to Cleland's soundtrack, I changed two tracks. The main "not in a mode or MB" music and the match song. The match song is now the awesome "Twist of Fate" which compliments the new attract mode video of the cast. It also makes me feel upbeat and wanting to play again.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WMnhNBLFUxYVEwUEA
6 minutes starts the new remix background. Usually won't hear past 60 seconds of normal gameplay, but fun to hear when you do.
@ 13 minutes, listen to the Cleland "enter high score" track, followed by my "match" track of "Twist of Fate".
Feedback welcome!

Totally down with that attract mode mod. That is freak’n awesome. How would one acquire said mod??

#9657 2 years ago

So how does everyone have their extra balls set up? I just got the game and the default settings give me extra ball opps right away and its super easy. Is it just hitting that left inlane a few times?

#9658 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So how does everyone have their extra balls set up? I just got the game and the default settings give me extra ball opps right away and its super easy. Is it just hitting that left inlane a few times?

The burn it back loop starts at 5 to light EB then auto adjusts if you’re getting it regularly.

I set mine to light EB at 20 loops and stay there.

The other EBs are after 3 and 6 modes, after collecting 11 drawings, and a mystery award.

#9659 2 years ago

Wow 5? I've never seen five on my machine but I have not factory reset since Feb 2020. Mine is set to auto and I have never seen it less than 10 and it's usually more than that. The 3 mode extra ball is the one I go for first.

#9660 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure you can get more than one extra from the burn it back loops. Not sure the exact thresholds though, or if they are all auto-adjusting. It seems like I actually got a third from them once but it was a lot of loops...like 130? Of course I might be imagining that...lol.

#9661 2 years ago

50 loops is the second one. I’ve gotten it a couple times. Didn’t mention it since it’s pretty rare. Haha

I hate auto adjusting EB awards. You can’t plan at all for them since they keep changing.

#9662 2 years ago

I was able to light extra balls pretty regularly by starting the 3rd mode.

#9663 2 years ago

I have to admit that this is my favorite new game since WMS got out of the business (quite a statement). Probably because the rules and layout remind me of a WMS game. (AFM and MM obviously because....Eddy) I am that guy who prefers the ruleset of those 90s WMS pins.

But wow, it seems like I am constantly popping the playfield to adjust/fix something.

The latest...the up-post on the left ramp. It kept sticking. I took it out multiple times to try and adjust and could not get it to operate smoothly. It was buttery smooth out of the PF and was smooth with the screws partially tightened. Once I tightened them completely, they would pull the assembly ever so slightly. (we are talking a fraction of a mm) I believe that it was mounted slightly off (again a fraction of a mm too far from the hole). I ended up having to rotate the assembly about 100 degrees counterclockwise and drilling new mounting holes. Now it operates smoothly.

I gave up on getting the saucer to go into the burn back loop. I got it close enough where it would loop about 50-75% of the time, but the next day it must have drifted ever so slightly.

I've had to adjust the orbit lane guides multiple times. Arrrgghhh!!! But wow I love this game.

#9664 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I gave up on getting the saucer to go into the burn back loop. I got it close enough where it would loop about 50-75% of the time, but the next day it must have drifted ever so slightly.

I put blue locktite on the nuts that hold the metal hood over the saucer to keep it adjusted and that helped a lot.

#9665 2 years ago

I asked before but did not get any answers so here it goes for a last time:
did anybody had to adjust the burn it back orbit to reduce its clunkiness and smooth it out. I do get smooth shots, but I also get a lot of bounce... is it common for you guys?

#9666 2 years ago

burn it back loop is not something I've ever had to adjust on my machine. It's always been very smooth. The only thing I did was make sure the left target on the right ramp was centered in the hole so slow balls hit it and bounce to the left flipper instead of SDTM

#9667 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I put blue locktite on the nuts that hold the metal hood over the saucer to keep it adjusted and that helped a lot.

Dang it Chuck. I want to just enjoy this game and now you are making me take things apart again.

#9668 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I asked before but did not get any answers so here it goes for a last time:
did anybody had to adjust the burn it back orbit to reduce its clunkiness and smooth it out. I do get smooth shots, but I also get a lot of bounce... is it common for you guys?

My burn it back (from the left flipper) is smooooooooth. I have an early-ish Pro

#9669 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

My burn it back (from the left flipper) is smooooooooth. I have an early-ish Pro

smooth from my right flipper too. Easy shot to backhand

#9670 2 years ago

Thanks for advice on EB. I set burn it back extra to 15. Well see how that goes.

#9671 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I forgot to finish my post .

Smooth from my right as well, but just not as fast.

#9672 2 years ago

Tk lock. Mine is still around 10% and a backhand has no chance. Is the only thing to check for the “pinching” on the stickied post? Or are there other things to look for? Can anyone post pics of what it should be like and their pitch/flipper power settings?

#9673 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Tk lock. Mine is still around 10% and a backhand has no chance. Is the only thing to check for the “pinching” on the stickied post? Or are there other things to look for? Can anyone post pics of what it should be like and their pitch/flipper power settings?

Everything you need, pictures or otherwise are in that post. Read everything. Everything in the two PDFs and the information and pictures posted after those PDFs.

You’ll have a much easier time if you wait and get the updated ramp cover and the flipper fans.

2 most important things:

Getting the updated ramp cover

Making sure the ramp is away from the back wall by using shims to push it out more than adjustments will allow.

And to a lesser extent, make sure the rubber stopper at the back end of the diverter plunger (the mech behind the backboard) is adjusted so that the diverter sits off the plastic ramp by a hair at rest. It should not rest on the plastic.

#9674 2 years ago

Also backhands are not possible even if the lock is working perfectly.

#9675 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also backhands are not possible even if the lock is working perfectly.

Ok that helps me think that maybe mines not as bad as I think. Mine only works on a really strong flip from the right flipper. Anywhere I can order the updated ramp cover? Or just ask my distributer to provide it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9676 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok that helps me think that maybe mines not as bad as I think. Mine only works on a really strong flip from the right flipper. Anywhere I can order the updated ramp cover? Or just ask my distributer to provide it?

Get with your distro and Pablo at stern to send you one.

The ball should get to the magnet easily from the right flipper. Even sloppy shots should make it a majority of the time. See this video for the behavior to expect.

#9677 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Pretty sure this is my final version of my attract mode mod running along with a slightly modified Cleland soundtrack mod.
With regards to Cleland's soundtrack, I changed two tracks. The main "not in a mode or MB" music and the match song. The match song is now the awesome "Twist of Fate" which compliments the new attract mode video of the cast. It also makes me feel upbeat and wanting to play again.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WMnhNBLFUxYVEwUEA
6 minutes starts the new remix background. Usually won't hear past 60 seconds of normal gameplay, but fun to hear when you do.
@ 13 minutes, listen to the Cleland "enter high score" track, followed by my "match" track of "Twist of Fate".
Feedback welcome!

Watched it and listened. I think it's all pretty amazing. My only comment/nit-pick is that the character names in Red are distracting and take away from the high score and achievement letters... gets kind of crowded? muddled?

Just my $.02. Still better than stock though.

#9678 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

so are you guys saying that you never get a rattle even with questionable shots in the burn it back lane?

I do get smooth clean shots but also get lots of clunky shots too, and I am not a bad pinball player... I am thinking that there might be something wrong with my ball guides?

What is the email address to contact at Stern for something like that? is it Pablo?

#9679 2 years ago

so are you guys saying that you never get a rattle even with questionable shots in the burn it back lane?
I do get smooth clean shots but also get lots of clunky shots too, and I am not a bad pinball player... I am thinking that there might be something wrong with my ball guides?
What is the email address to contact at Stern for something like that? is it Pablo?

If I don't hit it clean, it might rattle back or sputter around.
The right orbit it where I get I get a ton of rattling. If I don't hit that clean, it rattles and comes back. Unlike the left ramp which is forgiving. Unless I completely miss it, hit a Demodog target and get a SDTM $%*^$#

#9680 2 years ago

Watch the video I posted above. Is my burn it back acting like yours?

#9681 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Watched it and listened. I think it's all pretty amazing. My only comment/nit-pick is that the character names in Red are distracting and take away from the high score and achievement letters... gets kind of crowded? muddled?

Good point. Will keep an eye out for another slideshow that could work.

#9682 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Watch the video I posted above. Is my burn it back acting like yours?

at 8:35 you get the orbit, and it is hard to say if mine works like that or not... All I can say is that yes, occasionally I do get really nice clean orbit loops, but more often than not there is some sputter and rattle as it travels through the orbit... so rather than being a nice smooth transition in between one guide to the next, there is a lot of thunk-clunk until it makes it out... Also, it sometimes rattles so much that the ball gets stuck a few inches before the spinner (not at the spinner - way before the spinner as it takes the turn)....

I suspect my ball guide is slightly off, just a hair...

I have fired an email to Pablo for assistance. What bothers me the most is that I bought this game solely on how fun that shot is...Now do not get me wrong, I do get good shots but I feel I get a lot of bad shots and these are more common than the good ones... and for a shot that is shot constantly in the game, it is a bit annoying that it inst perfect.

Can you guys post a photo of the ball guide on the left side, the corner of it and tell me if it looks like this in yours, I noticed that the guide does not match the plastic there and - this is a wild guess - just wondering if this could be it.

IMG_5791 (resized).jpegIMG_5791 (resized).jpegIMG_5792 (resized).jpegIMG_5792 (resized).jpeg
#9683 2 years ago

Any pro owners here? I want to join the few, the proud, the brave. I was thinking of replacing the factory ramp sticker with this graphic.

E7B715E0-8580-44F2-8189-A0B050F159C0 (resized).pngE7B715E0-8580-44F2-8189-A0B050F159C0 (resized).png
#9684 2 years ago

Mines flush with the plastic but could just be that my plastic is in a different spot than yours.

#9685 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Any pro owners here? I want to join the few, the proud, the brave. I was thinking of replacing the factory ramp sticker with this graphic.
[quoted image]

Love my Pro, and no TK lock issues.

I have that decal on my ramp, and it doesn’t fit. Months of back and forth with Tilt Graphics to no avail. I’m not worried about the $$, but I believe they pulled it from their site.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9686 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

[quoted image]

I went with the forest one. For some reason I can’t upload pics. Here is a bundle of four for $30. Congrats on the pro, I have one and no regrets.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stranger-things-4-pack-ramp-decal-bundle

#9687 2 years ago

Nice, thanks all! I look forward to modding the crap out of my pro, especially the A/V thanks to this thread.

#9688 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Nice, thanks all! I look forward to modding the crap out of my pro, especially the A/V thanks to this thread.

Yeah, tons of mods you can do that don’t detract from the theme or make the game too cluttered. I added a Hallmark demogorgon thingy around the ramp, mirror blades, the Christmas light thingy, spotlights, UV kit, purple accents, purple posts, speaker lights, topper and custom translite.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9689 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mines flush with the plastic but could just be that my plastic is in a different spot than yours.

does yours follows the black line (every ball guide sits over a black line on the PF). In mine, it is hard to see in that pic, but the ball guide is not following the black line.
I am not sure this can be corrected... I am hoping the guys at Stern can give me a hand...

on the positive, I receive a box of goodies from Stern today with things for this game and also my AIQ... Pablo at Stern is awesome.

#9690 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well I got my new SD card, and I just put the OS on it using Etcher.
Going to try putting it in now. Would be crazy if I had two bad SD cards from Stern in a row, so I have my doubts.
Wish me luck!

Quoted from RobT:

Well so far so good!
I put the new SD card in and the game booted up. But more importantly, it booted up again after turning it off. When I received the replacement SD card from Stern, it booted up the first time too, but after turning the game off and on again, it wouldn't boot up.
Fingers crossed that this did the trick.

Well, it worked for about 5 games. Just went and turned on my STh and now I am getting the same error message: "restarting game" and it won't boot up.

It is strange to me that a new SD card temporarily worked both times it was tried initially, but stopped working after a few startups.

#9691 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, it worked for about 5 games. Just went and turned on my STh and now I am getting the same error message: "restarting game" and it won't boot up.
It is strange to me that a new SD card temporarily worked both times it was tried initially, but stopped working after a few startups.

My purely speculative guess, the SD card reader on the CPU board has issues.

#9692 2 years ago

does yours follows the black line (every ball guide sits over a black line on the PF). In mine, it is hard to see in that pic, but the ball guide is not following the black line.
I am not sure this can be corrected... I am hoping the guys at Stern can give me a hand...
on the positive, I receive a box of goodies from Stern today with things for this game and also my AIQ... Pablo at Stern is awesome.

My guides appear to follow the black line.

#9693 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guides appear to follow the black line.

ok, will have to have a conversation with Stern then...

Now, I just realized how impossible it is to replace the ramp cover unless you have a helper or is there an easy way to access the ramp cover... there are a couple nuts that are impossible to get to unless the pf is outside the cabinet, therefore, the natural service position does not help with this...

I am on a solo mission, nobody else here besides me so holding the pf in the air momentarily isn't a possibility... do I need to take the entire ramp out to replace the cover or is there a trick I do not know about to hold the back portion of the pf out of the cabinet...

#9694 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Like I said, very good point and even though I like that clip, your comment had me re-thinking it. This is the result.

Starts after the toy robot scene with the curly haired kid sitting on his bed (7 second mark of the clip)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4khwgxB4fxfz9STE6

How the Match scene sounds and appears with the new slideshow and Twist of Fate playing during that sequence.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tfJZYeLgGqPwgJK46

#9695 2 years ago

Now, I just realized how impossible it is to replace the ramp cover unless you have a helper or is there an easy way to access the ramp cover... there are a couple nuts that are impossible to get to unless the pf is outside the cabinet, therefore, the natural service position does not help with this...

No easy, but not impossible either. Just put on some work gloves with good rubber grippy padding on them. Smash your finger on the nut on the underside to hold it and unscrew the screw above. It should come loose. Or try and sneak some needle nosed pliers in there to hold the nut.

#9696 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No easy, but not impossible either. Just put on some work gloves with good rubber grippy padding on them. Smash your finger on the nut on the underside to hold it and unscrew the screw above. It should come loose. Or try and sneak some needle nosed pliers in there to hold the nut.

no room for anything back there, especially pliers... the glove trick might work depending on who torqued that little nut down....

I am going to remove the ramp, but I need to remove the diverter... of course I need to remove the diverter nut which is also down there.... any idea on how to lift the PF and keep it up so I can work on these areas?

I do have an idea but it requires me fabricating a contraption to leverage on the PF hinges

#9697 2 years ago

Question:

Has anyone ever tried doing a TOPs tournament on their Stranger Things?
I tried but couldn't seem to find the tournament settings in the latest code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

#9698 2 years ago

no room for anything back there, especially pliers... the glove trick might work depending on who torqued that little nut down....

Theres room. I did it. The gloves came later when I took it off for the fifth time. Haha. Put the playfield all the way out on the rubber nubs.

I am going to remove the ramp

Why?

None of what you’re describing is needed to get the ramp cover off.

#9699 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Theres room. I did it. The gloves came later when I took it off for the fifth time. Haha. Put the playfield all the way out on the rubber nubs.

Why?
None of what you’re describing is needed to get the ramp cover off.

because I am going to fill the ramp screw holes at the flap and re-drill as I discovered that I the switches can be bent 1 mm and that allows the ramp just enough space to come all the way forward.

I am also pissed and tired of tinkering with this game and doing the things that should have been done at the factory, lol, so I am going to give it 1 shot and a very good one at that, if it does not work properly after all this, the game goes for sale!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Minnetrista, MN
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.