IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 448.
#9601 2 years ago

For those desperate for a topper, have you looked into one of these holograms?

I wonder how these look in person? Seems pretty cool, at less than half the price of the Stern topper.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/04522-stranger-things-pinball-hologram-topper-

#9602 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I wonder how these look in person? Seems pretty cool, at less than half the price of the Stern topper.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/04522-stranger-things-pinball-hologram-topper-

You guys that dont like fan noise, this might not be for you.

#9603 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You guys that dont like fan noise, this might not be for you.

I didn't even think about that. How loud is it compared to the stock Stern fan?

#9604 2 years ago

I’m surprised that none of the toppers use the mind flayer (that multiple-tornado-looking thing on the cabinet). There are plenty of demagorgons in the game already.

#9605 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I didn't even think about that. How loud is it compared to the stock Stern fan?

10 times louder

#9606 2 years ago

LOTR -Flipper Coils from Pinball Life!!!! Will transform the game into a BEAST!!! Works even better on Avengers Infinity Quest also!!!

#9607 2 years ago

I cant find where to adjust settings for the projector. I need to move the image a bit as its off center. I cant find the setting! Can anyone tell me exactly where to find it?

#9608 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I cant find where to adjust settings for the projector. I need to move the image a bit as its off center. I cant find the setting! Can anyone tell me exactly where to find it?

I'm not home right now to look and can reply back tonight but had the same issue...I'm pretty sure it's in the switch test option

#9609 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

It’s under diagnostics. Then ST.

#9610 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

LOTR -Flipper Coils from Pinball Life!!!! Will transform the game into a BEAST!!! Works even better on Avengers Infinity Quest also!!!

You know I thought about that. Not sure if they’re the same ones sold on Pinside but I installed those on my LOTR (the original overheating coils game) and did notice improvement. I have the fans on mine and that solved it for me.

#9611 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s under diagnostics. Then ST.

Found it. Stinks the projector doesnt stay on while u adjust. Would be a big help.

Also. Right outlane post for difficulty. Do i really need to take the whole plastic return ramp off to adjust it? Mines in hardest position.

#9612 2 years ago

Man I’ve had a hard time finding the ramps on this game over the past week (maybe playing too much LZ?) and those targets guarding those ramps don’t fuck around. Instant death. Those posts guarding the AFM ramps are much nicer to you.

#9613 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Found it. Stinks the projector doesnt stay on while u adjust. Would be a big help.
Also. Right outlane post for difficulty. Do i really need to take the whole plastic return ramp off to adjust it? Mines in hardest position.

How can you adjust without the projector being on!?!?

Pull the white switch on the inside bottom left of coin door when it's open. This will return power to the coils and the projector. Takes about 30-45 seconds but it will come back on.

#9614 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

How can you adjust without the projector being on!?!?
Pull the white switch on the inside bottom left of coin door when it's open. This will return power to the coils and the projector. Takes about 30-45 seconds but it will come back on.

Im an idiot. Ha! How about right outlane post. I removed bottom 2 screws of return plastic ramp and it bends but not enough for me to get a nut wrench on that from top of playfield

#9615 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Close the coin door. Haha

#9616 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Man I’ve had a hard time finding the ramps on this game over the past week (maybe playing too much LZ?) and those targets guarding those ramps don’t fuck around. Instant death. Those posts guarding the AFM ramps are much nicer to you.

Yep...I've had great games or balls but one screwup hitting them entrances can ruin a good ball ...has to be dead nuts seems like

#9617 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

JP is much worse. Be glad.. lol

#9618 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im an idiot. Ha! How about right outlane post. I removed bottom 2 screws of return plastic ramp and it bends but not enough for me to get a nut wrench on that from top of playfield

Can't remember exactly when I adjusted mine. Pretty sure I just removed ALL the ramp attachment screws, pushed it aside and adjusted the post.

BTW don't adjust/focus the projector unless the playfield is down in playing position. If it's up on the rails it will be out of focus/adjustment when you put the pf back in playing position.

#9619 2 years ago

Anyone know the part # for the telekinesis ramp cover fix. Terry from Pinball Life said he would order one and start cutting them. I don’t see Stern ever getting me one.

#9620 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

JP is much worse. Be glad.. lol

Interesting. I got rid of JP for STh and I find STh can be much nastier.

#9621 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Remove the ramp. There is no other way.
1/4” deep socket will do the trick.

#9622 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Can't remember exactly when I adjusted mine. Pretty sure I just removed ALL the ramp attachment screws, pushed it aside and adjusted the post.
BTW don't adjust/focus the projector unless the playfield is down in playing position. If it's up on the rails it will be out of focus/adjustment when you put the pf back in playing position.

I have done mine on the rail with absolutely 0 problems.
The focal plane should not change

#9623 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I have done mine on the rail with absolutely 0 problems.
The focal plane should not change

I'm anal when it comes to focus. Crisp on the rails gives close but not as good when in cab. Opposite is the same. It's crisp down but when I sit it on rails it's slightly out of focus. That's from the slight pf bend. Close isn't good enough for me. lol.

#9624 2 years ago

I was told by Stern that the incline should be at 6.5. I have the bubble in the middle but how can I tell if I’m exactly at 6.5?

#9625 2 years ago

A digital inclinometer. Or use the PinGuy iPhone app.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9626 2 years ago

all you premium/le guys are really cluttering up this thread with your tweaking...

#9627 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

all you premium/le guys are really cluttering up this thread with your tweaking...

Send your complaints to Stern.

What’s your favorite aspect of this game?

#9628 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

thanks!

#9629 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Btw, do I set the glass or playfield to 6.5 in the app?

#9630 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Btw, do I set the glass or playfield to 6.5 in the app?

Playfield.

#9631 2 years ago

Excellent, thanks as always, Chuck!

#9632 2 years ago

I was told by Stern that the incline should be at 6.5. I have the bubble in the middle but how can I tell if I’m exactly at 6.5?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFCXXT6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_XA1FDFB71PE5EN8PFG20

#9633 2 years ago

Without a level just center the bubble between the lines. It's supposed to be close to 6.5 at the center bubble. On mine I found it to be more like 6.2-6.3. It's meant as a quick measurement tool for ops to do the initial setup. It's more important for it to be level left to right than perfectly 6.5

#9634 2 years ago
398C987A-9223-45D7-BA5E-D9D611EA36A6 (resized).jpeg398C987A-9223-45D7-BA5E-D9D611EA36A6 (resized).jpeg61611CBB-D057-4E44-A933-2AB25088BCEA (resized).jpeg61611CBB-D057-4E44-A933-2AB25088BCEA (resized).jpeg633B712C-8488-4C74-A927-0AF974826099 (resized).jpeg633B712C-8488-4C74-A927-0AF974826099 (resized).jpegD4D39D61-8128-47C8-AF43-C0CD54B7261D (resized).jpegD4D39D61-8128-47C8-AF43-C0CD54B7261D (resized).jpeg45788279-A59E-41A0-902A-C9922E796115 (resized).jpeg45788279-A59E-41A0-902A-C9922E796115 (resized).jpeg4167057A-CD4B-4AB4-B65D-19CAF02C599D (resized).jpeg4167057A-CD4B-4AB4-B65D-19CAF02C599D (resized).jpegA10333A9-E388-49DC-83AF-D662D4727BE7 (resized).jpegA10333A9-E388-49DC-83AF-D662D4727BE7 (resized).jpeg57CCB3C4-3036-4FD5-B95E-3365C2469EEF (resized).jpeg57CCB3C4-3036-4FD5-B95E-3365C2469EEF (resized).jpeg
#9635 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I emailed him again. It’s been over a month now since my order. Hopefully Stern ships some sooner than later since I paid in full already. It’s a topper, not a pin. So frustrating if it’s going to take months to receive.

What order number are you? I ordered from there also. Am order number 10264 and ordered within two minutes of it being posted on the website. No topper yet for me but sometimes it takes a while.

#9636 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Without a level just center the bubble between the lines. It's supposed to be close to 6.5 at the center bubble. On mine I found it to be more like 6.2-6.3. It's meant as a quick measurement tool for ops to do the initial setup. It's more important for it to be level left to right than perfectly 6.5

I ended up using the pinguy app. Had to calibrate it but it seemed to work well.

Also installed pinmonk’s fans today. Normally when the machine is cold, shots up the left ramp go so fast it feels like the ball might fly off the ramp (without lock light on). And then after a half hour or so there is a noticeable slow down.

Not with the fans so far, though. Played for 45 minutes today and the ball was whipping up that left ramp as if I had just turned the machine on cold. Seems like the fans are really working well so far!

#9637 2 years ago

I'm considering trades my loaded Tron pro. Just throwing it out here on the chance there would be anyone with a Stranger Things Premium that might be interested in a trade.

I'm in Utah so something on the west coast, Arizona, Nevada, etc would work best but if anyone is interested. feel free to PM me.

#9638 2 years ago

I ended up using the pinguy app. Had to calibrate it but it seemed to work well.
Also installed pinmonk’s fans today. Normally when the machine is cold, shots up the left ramp go so fast it feels like the ball might fly off the ramp (without lock light on). And then after a half hour or so there is a noticeable slow down.
Not with the fans so far, though. Played for 45 minutes today and the ball was whipping up that left ramp as if I had just turned the machine on cold. Seems like the fans are really working well so far!

Are the fans quiet? Just curious as to how loud they are.

#9639 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Are the fans quiet? Just curious as to how loud they are.

if the room is totally quiet you can hear them a little bit but they are not loud like the factory fans in the machine. For the most part, you need to put your ear close to the machine to hear them.

#9640 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Send your complaints to Stern.
What’s your favorite aspect of this game?

Hah, I really thought about trading/selling my pro up to an LE a month ago. ST is the most played pin in our house and we got it used a grand under nib pricing when everybody was bashing it to death.

Favorite parts are basically everything. Really great layout, lighting is incredible with UV even before topper. Theme integration is nailed. Somebody else mentioned the mood, and they definitely nailed that.

TK lock is really cool but honestly i’m kinda glad i don’t have that hanging over the pins head making me pissed off at it. I do wish i had the shaking demo and projector, but not for the 3/4k it would take to trade up to an le.

#9641 2 years ago

Tuesday I am receiving from Stern - via the prior & only owner - "a Center Ramp Motor, Motor Driver Board & a SD Card w/ the latest code update. Just be sure to download the latest code after the Motor & Board installation to be sure the current code on your machine is not corrupt."

Not exactly sure what cause of the issue is, but apparently the demogorgon bash toy rarely registers a "bash hit" to reduce the health bar. I'm actually enjoying playing that a direct shot in the hole is the only shot that should count.

I can one shot kill most of the time when the ball is released from the left orbit. Right in the kisser. I recall reading that the code was tweaked to make it a bash toy versus needing a hole shot. Unless something changed, or it's just that the prior owner had the game dialed in (he did), but I find it fun and not difficult needing to hit the demogorgon hole.

Can anyone speak to needing to replace those parts? And if so, what was your reason?

Thanks.

#9642 2 years ago

Pretty sure this is my final version of my attract mode mod running along with a slightly modified Cleland soundtrack mod.

With regards to Cleland's soundtrack, I changed two tracks. The main "not in a mode or MB" music and the match song. The match song is now the awesome "Twist of Fate" which compliments the new attract mode video of the cast. It also makes me feel upbeat and wanting to play again.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WMnhNBLFUxYVEwUEA

6 minutes starts the new remix background. Usually won't hear past 60 seconds of normal gameplay, but fun to hear when you do.

@ 13 minutes, listen to the Cleland "enter high score" track, followed by my "match" track of "Twist of Fate".

Feedback welcome!

#9643 2 years ago

Well my limit was 9 times louder,

Quoted from PoMC:

Pretty sure this is my final version of my attract mode mod running along with a slightly modified Cleland soundtrack mod.
With regards to Cleland's soundtrack, I changed two tracks. The main "not in a mode or MB" music and the match song. The match song is now the awesone "Twist of Fate" which compliments the new attract mode video of the cast. It also makes me feel upbeat and wanting to play again.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WMnhNBLFUxYVEwUEA
Feedback welcome!

My feedback would be....how can I do this? That is all.

#9644 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Well my limit was 9 times louder,

My feedback would be....how can I do this? That is all.

Very soon. Any feedback is welcome with regard to the attract mode videos.

#9645 2 years ago

did anybody here have to tune the 'burn it back' orbit. I feel like mine is a bit of a thunk-clunk fest and unless I get a ball in the absolute perfect angle it really does not flow well and it rattles ... anybody?

#9646 2 years ago

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I’ve searched the thread and can’t find it. Does anyone have a fix for the ball coming out of the right orbit and hitting the top of the right sling instead of feeding the right flipper? I saw CyberNinja’s post at #1794 about the inner ball guide on the right orbit, but I don’t think that’s my issue. Thanks for any help.

#9647 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Very soon. Any feedback is welcome with regard to the attract mode videos.

I love the cleland mod but to be honest I prefer the factory sounds for when you lose the ball too quick, such as “let’s try that again”. Is there a way to keep all the cleland mods except for that one thing? Not a dealbreaker and the clelands mod is awesome but just askin’

#9648 2 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I’ve searched the thread and can’t find it. Does anyone have a fix for the ball coming out of the right orbit and hitting the top of the right sling instead of feeding the right flipper? I saw CyberNinja’s post at #1794 about the inner ball guide on the right orbit, but I don’t think that’s my issue. Thanks for any help.

#9649 2 years ago

I love the cleland mod but to be honest I prefer the factory sounds for when you lose the ball too quick, such as “let’s try that again”. Is there a way to keep all the cleland mods except for that one thing? Not a dealbreaker and the clelands mod is awesome but just askin’

Sure, you can download pinball browser and take the two versions, compare them, and put the originals back where you want them. It's not that hard to use pinball browser but it will take some time.

#9650 2 years ago

Thanks so much. I’ve got it apart and was just about to start bending guides. Glad I didn’t. Any idea what size doughnut rubber you used for that post?

Thanks again. Go Big Blue!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/193?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.