IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 449.
#9551 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Mine seemed to work best under the magnet. If I recall correctly, under Eleven's face had little impact but I'm sure they all vary. That being said, lately mine seems to be less reliable, so I might experiment with putting a shim in both places. I think before when I was testing, further to the right past the magnet actually caused the ball to fly past the magnet, but I'll revisit again. My fans arrive today so I'll check those screws for tightness and add another shim while I'm in there.

Just thought I'd report back for those still working on the TK lock. I added another shim (washers wrapped in black tape) behind the ramp in the left corner under Eleven's head, and wow, that really refined it. In my case, I had a shim under the magnet behind the ramp which made the TK lock work really well, but adding the second shim under Eleven's head really tweaked it even more. It works so well now that many times it goes on the wall even when the lock light is not on, and then it gets ejected off the wall since it's not "eligible" for the ball lock. But, it's an indication that the machine is dialed in very well. This weekend I'll install Pinmonk's fans. Great instructions and packaging by the way - kudos to vireland!

#9552 3 years ago

Just thought I'd report back for those still working on the TK lock. I added another shim (washers wrapped in black tape) behind the ramp in the left corner under Eleven's head, and wow, that really refined it. In my case, I had a shim under the magnet behind the ramp which made the TK lock work really well, but adding the second shim under Eleven's head really tweaked it even more. It works so well now that many times it goes on the wall even when the lock light is not on, and then it gets ejected off the wall since it's not "eligible" for the ball lock. But, it's an indication that the machine is dialed in very well. This weekend I'll install Pinmonk's fans. Great instructions and packaging by the way - kudos to vireland!

Picture of both shims would be awesome.

#9553 3 years ago

Great! Probably could dial down the flipper strength to get it even better now.

#9554 3 years ago

it sounds like you do not need the fans...

#9555 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

it sounds like you do not need the fans...

Probably, but I have noticed fade in the past and I think it will be more consistent if I keep things cool and then adjust the strength. I was getting good locks even after 2 hours tonight with an occasional miss, but those were debatably not good enough shots. Regardless it’s harder to tweak when the flippers fade so I think it will be better off.

I’ll send some pics of where I have the shims tomorrow. Time got away from me this evening!

#9556 3 years ago

Anyone else receive their topper? Still waiting for mine.

#9557 3 years ago

Patience is a virtue

#9558 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Anyone else receive their topper? Still waiting for mine.

Just got mine today.

#9559 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just got mine today.

Where did you order from?

#9560 3 years ago

Where did you order from?

Trent at Tilt. BUT...with a Pinsider having received his LZ topper yesterday, it may be an LZ topper I got (although I doubt it). A box was delivered with a topper...so I'm just assuming since I'm not home yet.

#9561 3 years ago

Anyone have any instructions on moving the projector if its just a tad bit off center?

#9562 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anyone have any instructions on moving the projector if its just a tad bit off center?

It's in the service menu. You can adjust all together or every individual surface independently.

#9563 3 years ago

Thanks. I have a few other issues including the TK lock working about 10% of the time which I know there is a sticky for. But I need help on the shooter lane and this is more of a general stern pinball question. See pics below. The Square metal thing(dunno what its called) that sits above the nipple on the shooter rod is hanging too low by a few mm.(i compared to my other games). This is making the ball not sit flush with the shooter rod and is making the launch using the rod terrible. You can see on the pics the wear on that part as the rod is making contact with that part. Any idea how to adjust that?

20210423_183412167_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183412167_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183414151_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183414151_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183440040_iOS (resized).jpg20210423_183440040_iOS (resized).jpg
#9564 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thanks. I have a few other issues including the TK lock working about 10% of the time which I know there is a sticky for. But I need help on the shooter lane and this is more of a general stern pinball question. See pics below. The Square metal thing(dunno what its called) that sits above the nipple on the shooter rod is hanging too low by a few mm.(i compared to my other games). This is making the ball not sit flush with the shooter rod and is making the launch using the rod terrible. You can see on the pics the wear on that part as the rod is making contact with that part. Any idea how to adjust that?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

can you circle the parts you are referring to? I have no idea of what you are are talking about...

#9565 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Picture of both shims would be awesome.

Here are the locations where I put the shims (a little hard to see because the shims are black, but I put an arrow where they are). I just took a few metal washers and taped them together with black tape. I added more washers until I got the thickness that seemed right - takes a little experimenting. Keep a magnetic flashlight or magnet handy in case you drop it. The bottom line is that with a shim in both locations, the whole back side of the ramp is pushed out from the back wall. Really made a big difference. I also have the new ramp cover, though, and that was the single biggest thing that got the TK lock dialed in. Before that ramp cover, I would get it close but then it would gradually get worse - some of which was probably from flipper fade. So between the cover, shims, and fans - for mine at least - I'm hoping to "lock in" the "dial in".

left side (resized).jpgleft side (resized).jpgright side (resized).jpgright side (resized).jpg
#9566 3 years ago

Yeah I’m sure yours will be good for good now.

#9567 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

can you circle the parts you are referring to? I have no idea of what you are are talking about...

Here you go if that helps. The part is just hanging a fraction too low..

20210423_183414151_iOS_LI (resized).jpg20210423_183414151_iOS_LI (resized).jpg20210423_183440040_iOS_LI (resized).jpg20210423_183440040_iOS_LI (resized).jpg
#9568 3 years ago

So I got the topper and honestly I just think it's meh. Much better in attract mode than during the game...when it really doesn't do much. I'm sorry, but I've gotta be honest: I like the look of it on the game, but it's a pretty boring topper.

#9569 3 years ago

Say it ain’t so Randy!

#9570 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Say it ain’t so Randy!

It really is disappointing to me. Thankfully it's the only disappointing thing in the game. But certainly nowhere near worth the price.

#9572 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It really is disappointing to me. Thankfully it's the only disappointing thing in the game. But certainly nowhere near worth the price.

I understand if you mount it under the game it does Strange things

#9573 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So I got the topper and honestly I just think it's meh. Much better in attract mode than during the game...when it really doesn't do much. I'm sorry, but I've gotta be honest: I like the look of it on the game, but it's a pretty boring topper.

Where did you order it from? I am still waiting for mine.

#9574 3 years ago

I ordered mine from pinballs.com out of Milford, CT. Overall, the topper looks great on the pin. But I agree with beelzeboob -- it doesn't really do much in game.

20210423_203959 (resized).jpg20210423_203959 (resized).jpg
#9575 3 years ago

Answered higher up on this page. From Tilt. But I literally put the order in as soon as it was announced. A no brainer, even though it didn't wind up exciting me as much as I'd hoped.

#9576 3 years ago

does anyone know if BallyKISS1978 bought a topper?

#9577 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

does anyone know if BallyKISS1978 bought a topper?

#9578 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Answered higher up on this page. From Tilt. But I literally put the order in as soon as it was announced. A no brainer, even though it didn't wind up exciting me as much as I'd hoped.

I ordered mine when announced with in a few minutes after orders went live with Zach.

#9579 3 years ago

I’d email him and ask for an update. Did he confirm you’d be in his first batch or what? If you’re not the first batch, could be a while. He also may have not gotten many.

#9580 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d email him and ask for an update. Did he confirm you’d be in his first batch or what? If you’re not the first batch, could be a while. He also may have not gotten many.

I emailed him again. It’s been over a month now since my order. Hopefully Stern ships some sooner than later since I paid in full already. It’s a topper, not a pin. So frustrating if it’s going to take months to receive.

#9581 3 years ago

Welcome to pinball. New stuff takes forever. Especially for games that aren’t popular. Especially during a pandemic when supply chains are fucked.

Also Zach had paid in full too already. So sucks for him too.

#9582 3 years ago

I’m looking to join the party with a Premium or LE in the southeast. I’ll go back to lurking in this fine club now.

#9583 3 years ago

Geez...I cannot wait until people get their toppers. Then maybe we can move past the daily (hourly?) obsessing.

I've been in on RAZA for years now (don't get me started) and I'm not stressing as much as some people who are waiting for their toppers. WOW!

#9584 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Geez...I cannot wait until people get their toppers. Then maybe we can move past the daily (hourly?) obsessing.
I've been in on RAZA for years now (don't get me started) and I'm not stressing as much as some people who are waiting for their toppers. WOW!

Amen Cheeks. By the way, has anyone heard anything about THE AV KITS THAT HAVE BEEN ON ORDER BEFORE THE TOPPER WAS EVEN CONCEIVED? We’re the real victims here.

#9585 3 years ago

I emailed him again. It’s been over a month now since my order. Hopefully Stern ships some sooner than later since I paid in full already. It’s a topper, not a pin. So frustrating if it’s going to take months to receive.

I don't know how these things work, but be patient (it's really not worth getting excited over, sadly). Trent is the biggest Stern distro, I believe, and somehow LSOG got the very first shipment anyway. So I'm not really sure how Stern doles out their shipments. It was frustrating for me too. Honestly, if you were near me, I'd just give you mine while you wait for yours.

#9586 3 years ago

That sucks, I ordered from Zach as well, minutes after it was available, and received mine apr 3.

#9587 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Welcome to pinball. New stuff takes forever. Especially for games that aren’t popular. Especially during a pandemic when supply chains are fucked.
Also Zach had paid in full too already. So sucks for him too.

You ain't lying!!! currently I'm waiting for my UV light kit and topper for Stranger Things, pinstadiums, shooter rod and speakers mod for GnR. I'm starting to think I'll be lucky to get them this year. Lol

#9588 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Amen Cheeks. By the way, has anyone heard anything about THE AV KITS THAT HAVE BEEN ON ORDER BEFORE THE TOPPER WAS EVEN CONCEIVED? We’re the real victims here.

Now that's something to get antsy about. Unlike the (any) topper, the UV kit ads SO much to the game and actually enhances the playing experience. So glad my Prem came with the UV kit. The projector and UV kit are what put STh Prem over the top.

#9589 3 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

You ain't lying!!! currently I'm waiting for my UV light kit and topper for Stranger Things, pinstadiums, shooter rod and speakers mod for GnR. I'm starting to think I'll be lucky to get them this year. Lol

I paid in full for my replacement decal set for my game in October (it was in stock) and I got it in March. Haha

#9590 3 years ago

I'm bummed.

It looks like my CPU board is bad. Will need a replacement.

Pin will not boot up. Tried a new SD card, which worked initially, then it reverted to giving me the "restarting game" message.

I did not buy this from a distributor so it will be interesting to see if Stern covers it under warranty. The CPU board would not be cheap. Marco sells it for $599.

#9591 3 years ago

Was the new SD card from stern, or did you buy a good one and flash the code to it?

#9592 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Was the new SD card from stern, or did you buy a good one and flash the code to it?

It was from Stern

#9593 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It was from Stern

Buy this, reflash it, and try that before going down the new board path.

SanDisk 32GB Ultra SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - 90MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, SD Card - SDSDUNR-032G-GN6IN https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFG7T8F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_5XFMHY0J9HA00GK15XHC

If you don’t have a card reader, get this too.

SmartQ C307 USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader for SD, SDHC, SDXC, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC, with Advanced All-in-One Design https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYXR7DL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_3DKKN04X2PWMFEDA1WPZ

Follow the instructions on sterns website under the support page.

#9594 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm bummed.
It looks like my CPU board is bad. Will need a replacement.
Pin will not boot up. Tried a new SD card, which worked initially, then it reverted to giving me the "restarting game" message.
I did not buy this from a distributor so it will be interesting to see if Stern covers it under warranty. The CPU board would not be cheap. Marco sells it for $599.

Check the voltages coming into the main board. It’s possible that the power supply is flaky. Fingers crossed here that’s your issue.

#9595 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Buy this, reflash it, and try that before going down the new board path.
SanDisk 32GB Ultra SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - 90MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, SD Card - SDSDUNR-032G-GN6IN amazon.com link »
If you don’t have a card reader, get this too.
SmartQ C307 USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader for SD, SDHC, SDXC, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC, with Advanced All-in-One Design amazon.com link »

Would this one work? It's a new/faster version and I can get it in one day (the one you linked would not get here until the end of the week)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GYG6T12/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_JRGY6KGK09YJ01NCK7VM

#9596 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Would this one work? It's a new/faster version and I can get it in one day (the one you linked would not get here until the end of the week)
amazon.com link »

Yep. Just have to make sure it’s class 10. Should be good.

#9597 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a Mac, so this might complicate things. The instructions are for windows, and uses a free app from the web for windows

#9598 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have a Mac, so this might complicate things. The instructions are for windows, and uses a free app from the web for windows

Use Balena Etcher, free for Mac or PC.
Download the SD image from Sterns website and flash it to the new SD card.
It’s very simple to do.

#9599 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

amazon.com link »

Just grab one at Walmart. Their Onn brand is completely fine and class 10.

#9600 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just grab one at Walmart. Their Onn brand is completely fine and class 10.

Agreed. I’ve picked up 16GB version for a few bucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/192?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.