IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 448.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thoughts on invisiglass/hd/etc for this machine? Ive never had it before, but there is quite a bit of translite glare in a dark room on this one. Would be worth it to me if it did indeed reduce that by a bit.

I like invisiglass a lot. I have it on about half my games. You can definitely tell the difference.

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think so. It should work like groots mouth being disabled. Shoot the ramp and it will activate the doubler, shoot saucer for double super.
And the left ramp will only lock a ball if you’ve hit the lock targets first. If you haven’t done that, left ramp is simply a regular jackpot like all the other shots. 5 jackpots lights saucer for super jackpot.

Sorry but you are still wrong. The left ramp will light for double after 5 regular jackpots. The left ramp holds the ball if you collect the double. Diring that hold you can collect the super in the left saucer. Display clearly says that.
Nothing to do with the lock targets at all.

22D5FCB5-0B4A-48CE-99FD-B2208C0AF757 (resized).jpeg22D5FCB5-0B4A-48CE-99FD-B2208C0AF757 (resized).jpeg
#903 4 years ago

Sorry I’m just talking about collecting the super jackpot. You don’t have to hit the left ramp first. If you hit the left ramp first it doubles the super jackpot. Single super jackpot worth 6MM is available after collecting 5 jackpots.

Trust me I’ve accidentally collected a base value super jackpot lots of times. Haha

#904 4 years ago

The display you posted clearly says collect 5 jackpots to light super jackpot. Makes not mention of locking a ball to light super jackpot.

Sorry I must be misunderstanding something you’re saying.

#905 4 years ago

Also on the premium/LE you are able to lock a ball on the left ramp at any time for 2x playfield, then lock a second up there for 3x playfield assuming your have enough balls in play.

I assume the pro will do the same but simply use the post instead of the magnet to accomplish this.

This also might be code not public yet.

#906 4 years ago

I think we both misunderstood what the other was saying. All good.

#907 4 years ago

But try and test this out. Get into multiball, hit the lock targets right away and do not hit any jackpots. Shoot left ramp. I bet it holds the ball for a period of time and doubles the playfield. Just like locking a ball in groots mouth during MB.

#908 4 years ago

No. The lock targets do nothing. I tested by hand when I took the display picture. Only collecting 5 jackpots light the super and left ramp.

#909 4 years ago

Weird. I guess my understanding of things is off and the way I played it I just got lucky every time.

#910 4 years ago

Display also clearly says double jackpot if you collect the ramp before saucer.
Collecting the double first also doubles the super in the saucer from 12 to 24 millions.

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Display also clearly says double jackpot if you collect the ramp before saucer.
Collecting the double first also doubles the super in the saucer from 12 to 24 millions.

Okay so targets do nothing. Ramp doubles super after collecting 5 JPs, but isn’t required to collect a super.

Super base value is 6 million. Hitting ramp before super bumps it to 12 million. Having 2x playfield running or lit at the saucer bumps it to 24 million.

48 million super is possible too but not sure how we did that. Seen it multiple times though.

#912 4 years ago

Correct sir.

#913 4 years ago

Does anyone know what these holes on both ramps are for? Could be very useful for modding.

23342BE6-93AC-4A7A-A967-121A8894002F (resized).jpeg23342BE6-93AC-4A7A-A967-121A8894002F (resized).jpeg630990FA-73DC-4B56-A73D-312DD5424822 (resized).jpeg630990FA-73DC-4B56-A73D-312DD5424822 (resized).jpeg
#914 4 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

Does anyone know what these holes on both ramps are for? Could be very useful for modding.

Surely a device of some sort that Eddy wanted in the game that Gary cut out.

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’m in uncharted waters with getting a LE. This will be my one and only NIB LE most likely.
I can certainly have you over jandrea95 so you can see it first hand. If I get this thing this weekend I’m going to have a few friends over to try it out.

Would love to take you up on this. Really want to check out that projector.

#916 4 years ago

So , as most of you know, since day one I’ve been having issues with my
Machine and the center ramp operating correctly. It’s been an intermittent problem. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t. I’ve worked with stern on this and they had sent me a new motor and driver board, and still that didn’t work. I finally started working with my distro tech support. And after a week of FaceTiming, I think we finally found the problem! There was a connector on one of the driver boards that runs the ramp motor. We looked at this today and found ONE wire from the connector was not pushed in all the way, therefore causing an intermittent connection to the motor! Such a small wire too. I can’t believe it after all this time! So happy with this. Hopefully this was the issue and we can lay that one to rest! I’ll keep playing and keep everyone updated. But I think that’s it!

#917 4 years ago

Nice! But unless you repinned the wire and replaced it into the connector it may keep wiggling loose again.

Now let’s see some monster scores!! Haha

#918 4 years ago

and you get a free node board and motor. stick in the spares box for sure. Glad to hear you found the issue. Painful for sure

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice! But unless you repinned the wire and replaced it into the connector it may keep wiggling loose again.

Actually, the part of the wire that plugs into the connector was flattened out, therefore wasn’t clicking in. So the tech had me pry it open just a bit so that it would click into the connector, which is what it did. It’s not going anywhere. And if it fails again, I’ll know where to look this time. But I think it’s smooth sailing from here.

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

and you get a free node board and motor. stick in the spares box for sure. Glad to hear you found the issue. Painful for sure

And I can reconnect my mods. After It’s played for awhile. Wanna make sure it’s all dialed in

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Actually, the part of the wire that plugs into the connector was flattened out, therefore wasn’t clicking in. So the tech had me pry it open just a bit so that it would click into the connector, which is what it did. It’s not going anywhere. And if it fails again, I’ll know where to look this time. But I think it’s smooth sailing from here.

Ok nice! Sounds like the pin was never inserted properly to begin with. Awesome you got it fixed up.

#922 4 years ago

My Stranger Things pro is finally out on location at Ballad Brewing in Danville VA

75532E65-A7EC-4B4E-A068-DB758041B840 (resized).jpeg75532E65-A7EC-4B4E-A068-DB758041B840 (resized).jpeg
#923 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s a high score? I need something to shoot for the next time I play it on location.

#924 4 years ago

Haven’t seen too many posted here, but I got a GC at my local bar of just over 300mm a couple weeks ago. Doubt it still alive.

#925 4 years ago

Got this score the second time I played it at the local bar but the monster behind the screen wouldn’t eat the ball

59D52AAF-B594-4B1B-A3DB-CEB7001A4769 (resized).jpeg59D52AAF-B594-4B1B-A3DB-CEB7001A4769 (resized).jpeg
#926 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Got this score the second time I played it at the local bar but the monster behind the screen wouldn’t eat the ball [quoted image]

Yeah I should have said that at our bar no one can make the Demogorgon so might need to factor in the makability of the Demo in our scores we share. Haha

ERW - 300 million at AL bar in Cincinnati
Demo degree of difficulty- fucking impossible

#927 4 years ago

Trindawg - fantastic to hear! I was afraid you would have to kick the wife out

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I should have said that at our bar no one can make the Demogorgon so might need to factor in the makability of the Demo in our scores we share. Haha

I had a few multiballs and shot at that ugly thing until I determined it’s pretty much just a bash toy. I tried back handing and no good...seemed like the ball would hit just above it. I actually liked how the game flows but as of now it would need to be a lot deeper in code for me to add to n my lineup.

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I had a few multiballs and shot at that ugly thing until I determined it’s pretty much just a bash toy. I tried back handing and no good...seemed like the ball would hit just above it. I actually liked how the game flows but as of now it would need to be a lot deeper in code for me to add to n my lineup.

Yeah I can see the poor setup of the demo on a lot of these games turning off a lot of people. The most compelling tip I’ve heard for setup so far is to ensure the demo sits down all the way flush on the hex post under the front of it. Do this by putting slack in the wire that is attached behind the head of the demo. It appears to be restricting its movement forward after being bashed.

Props to whomever noticed that. I bet that will fix a lot of games.

#930 4 years ago

My distributor just confirmed my shipping details...

#931 4 years ago

Guys I should received my STH friday. It’s funny because i play 2 different machine (one play like cr^p) and both played differently. So it make me feel anxious about my choice. I’ve decided to go back at the distribution showroom to finally enjoyed it alot.

My question for the owners is are you guys still satisfied with your purchase?

Thank you!

#932 4 years ago

I’m happy with my purchase, yes. Hoping for code updates ASAP to make it really satisfying.

#933 4 years ago

"Theme is everything"

I'm stoked about LE's shipping right around the corner.

Love what i see on the streams and MUCH MUCH MORE to come code/integration wise!

#934 4 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

My question for the owners is are you guys still satisfied with your purchase?

I’d hope so. At most people have had the pro for a month. Haha

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I’m happy with my purchase, yes. Hoping for code updates ASAP to make it really satisfying.

This is where I am at. Not asking for the world immediately, just some things that seem like low hanging fruit code wise. Add a damage kill ability to the demogorgon which would allow you to complete the mode in lieu of a one shot kill. Also, I HATE the fact that the ramp on the 2nd demo comes up shortly after draining the first ball of multiball. Its just asking for you to beat the hell out of the ramp trying to get one last shot in, and a direct hit on the edge of that ramp, even once, is not going to be good.

Lastly, and this is just me being a weirdo, that left kickout hole is going to get beat to death. It needs some sort of protection, and I am unsure how to achieve this. I dont mind the normal pinball wear and tear one bit, but things such as this (and the potential ramp edge damage I mentioned) keep me from enjoying the game completely, as its always in the back of my mind.

The game itself, layout etc, I have absolutely no issue with. The things I personally mentioned, are fixable, so no regrets.

P.S. - how epic would a magnet save be on this game?

#936 4 years ago

Is there something wrong with the built in level on this machine? I had this baby leveled out perfectly and then I had to move it around and then it went back into its original spot where I had it leveled perfectly and now it’s way out of whack !!

#937 4 years ago

That only measures incline. When you moved it the leg levelers could’ve moved a tad.

#938 4 years ago

It would have had to move a lot! It’s really off. The bubble is all the way forward when I pretty much had it in the middle.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It would have had to move a lot! It’s really off. The bubble is all the way forward when I pretty much had it in the middle.

Make sure it’s tightened down on the side rail. Maybe the bubble level itself is loose.

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My best so far after a week. Demo shot on mine is makeable but not consistent and not at all what I go for in points. I play the modes and try to get the 2x playfield multiplier going. I'll only go for the demo if I need to get it out of the way right now. My son loves to go for the demogorgon and has more success than I but that strategy so far does not equal.many points. I think his top score is around 90 mil.

I would love to see stern issue a statement on what the expected success rate on that shot should be and recommended troubleshooting tips if not making it. The silence on the common issues is unnerving as an owner.

IMG_20200126_225617071 (resized).jpgIMG_20200126_225617071 (resized).jpg

#941 4 years ago

My first ever NiB is in the house!

Ok few questions for you all as Sterns are new to me.

- does the button on the lockbar serve any purpose other than a game start or ball launch option? Id like to ditch it.

- Played around with all the menus, is there a setting for screen brightness and/or contrast?

- How do I now what update is installed?

- mine only came with 1 coinslot door and also a big arse Tournament fugly button. Guess I need a blanking plug.

That's it for now - thankyou!

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

- does the button on the lockbar serve any purpose other than a game start or ball launch option? Id like to ditch it.

Yes. Not coded yet, but it will have a purpose.

Quoted from KJS:

- Played around with all the menus, is there a setting for screen brightness and/or contrast?

For the LCD screen? I do not think so.

Quoted from KJS:

- How do I now what update is installed?

The game should show it on the LCD during boot up. I’m sure it’s in the menus somewhere too.

Quoted from KJS:

- mine only came with 1 coinslot door and also a big arse Tournament fugly button. Guess I need a blanking plug.

All international games have this setup.

#943 4 years ago

So I heard from my distro that a new code update is coming real soon. Hope it’s a good one.

#944 4 years ago

Yeah they usually drop one right before all the launch parties. Those are mainly the weekend of 2/14.

#945 4 years ago

LE delayed again.. still waiting on a part probably won't ship out till next week now..

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thanks for that, certainly can use the 300 for something else if it isnt that much of a difference. I did notice you can turn the backbox bulb brightness down, so ill play around with that.

I have mine set up so the backbox turns off when a ball is in play.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I have mine set up so the backbox turns off when a ball is in play.

I monkeyed with this a bit - I'm at 20% brightness during a game. Backbox still looks good from a distance, and there's almost no glare on the upper PF.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

That bubble level is junk. I have mine set to 6.5 with a digital level and the bubble level is only half in between the lines. But I set the flippers to 220 and can hit in the mouth from both flippers.

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is where I am at. Not asking for the world immediately, just some things that seem like low hanging fruit code wise. Add a damage kill ability to the demogorgon which would allow you to complete the mode in lieu of a one shot kill. Also, I HATE the fact that the ramp on the 2nd demo comes up shortly after draining the first ball of multiball. Its just asking for you to beat the hell out of the ramp trying to get one last shot in, and a direct hit on the edge of that ramp, even once, is not going to be good.
Lastly, and this is just me being a weirdo, that left kickout hole is going to get beat to death. It needs some sort of protection, and I am unsure how to achieve this. I dont mind the normal pinball wear and tear one bit, but things such as this (and the potential ramp edge damage I mentioned) keep me from enjoying the game completely, as its always in the back of my mind.
The game itself, layout etc, I have absolutely no issue with. The things I personally mentioned, are fixable, so no regrets.
P.S. - how epic would a magnet save be on this game?

I agree 100% w/ your concerns >

A damage ability should be added to the code to w/ the difficulty of a direct hit of the demogorgon. This should be adjustable in the service menu w/ consideration to your skill level. Possibly two hits for the first battle, then add an addition hit w/ each level increase.

When the ramp comes up on the second demogorgon battle, I simply do not flip. No doubt hitting the ramp edge would not be good. Hope Stern has replacements for the ramp, as this will eventually happen.

With the playfield layout of the kick-out hole there will be gradual wear. The kick-out hole is situated w/ a steel ball rolling over it & clipping the top edge each time. If there's a compatible cliffy protection I would like to protect this ASAP.

Other than that we are very pleased w/ our STh's Pro. I will give a complete rundown of this machine in a week or so. Right now, STh's is a very good game w/ great potential. Looking very forward to the next code update >>>

As you stated jandrea95 ~ No regrets!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.