IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 449.
#9401 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Take a look inside the cab, the parts you need might be there... could have fallen out during transpo.
Unless something major is missing, that part is held by a philips screw...
Might be worth a try

Also check the cabinet speaker. Loose parts that fall off in shipping often stick to the speaker magnet.

#9402 3 years ago

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.28.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.28.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.28.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.28.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.27.01 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-16 at 9.27.01 AM (resized).png

Looking for some opinions... which looks best? Or none of the abovbe...Thanks!

#9403 3 years ago

The blue one looks best to me.

#9405 3 years ago

purple.... and where do I get them?

#9406 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You know my answer haha but those pink/orange ones light on fire during uv mode so it’s a no brainer.

#9407 3 years ago

Didn’t think of that. If that’s the case I vote orange/pink too.

#9408 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You know my answer haha but those pink/orange ones light on fire during uv mode so it’s a no brainer.

I couldn’t remember which ones you had honestly. I actually liked the pink at first but was kinda afraid they’d be too much. Seemed like they would be either really good or really bad. So i was leaning purple. Thanks for muddying the waters...

#9409 3 years ago

Pink, Hands down. Where can I purchase some???

#9410 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put blue in the back of my pro and I prefer the blue.

#9411 3 years ago

I just want my topper, is that too much to ask for? UGHH! Have a good weekend everyone.

#9412 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I just want my topper, is that too much to ask for? UGHH! Have a good weekend everyone.

Me too. Did your distributor say they had them in stock so then you ordered, but then they somehow didn't have any left? Asking for a friend. :/

#9413 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Me too. Did your distributor say they had them in stock so then you ordered, but then they somehow didn't have any left? Asking for a friend. :/

Zach from Flip n Out said they filled orders that were placed first. I don’t know how many orders he took before the topper orders went live after the official reveal. I got the last one that morning. So no clue when my order will be fulfilled.

#9414 3 years ago

Just read the last month’s worth of posts here, good info and I have a good feel for what to do when I get the game (if I can find one). I’d probably have to sell my JP Pro to finance it and open a slot. I’m not crazy about selling JP, but I’ve had it for 20 months and I’m ready for a lineup change.

#9415 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Just read the last month’s worth of posts here, good info and I have a good feel for what to do when I get the game (if I can find one). I’d probably have to sell my JP Pro to finance it and open a slot. I’m not crazy about selling JP, but I’ve had it for 20 months and I’m ready for a lineup change.

I got rid of my Jp prem to make room for my STh prem and don’t miss it at all. JP didn’t click with me like STh does.

#9416 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I got rid of my Jp prem to make room for my STh prem and don’t miss it at all. JP didn’t click with me like STh does.

I feel the same. I thought I wanted JP but, STH just called to me more. I still can't stop playing it. It never gets old (so Far) and it still pulls me in way more than any other pin has ever. In my small collection I play STH daily followed by EHOH which I like 99% as much as STH. I sound like a broken record on this thread but, I still can't believe people have rated STH as low as they have. It's my favorite pin to date.

#9417 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I feel the same. I thought I wanted JP but, STH just called to me more. I still can't stop playing it. It never gets old (so Far) and it still pulls me in way more than any other pin has ever. In my small collection I play STH daily followed by EHOH which I like 99% as much as STH. I sound like a broken record on this thread but, I still can't believe people have rated STH as low as they have. It's my favorite pin to date.

It happens to a lot of pins, if the pin is good it will always catch up... I think this one is a good pin, simple but not 90s shallow and has fun shots so it is just a matter of time.

#9418 3 years ago

Perfect way to put it. It’s a modern spin of a 90s game with the easy to understand rules, but keeps you coming back.

#9419 3 years ago

This is what I needed to hear guys Thanks! unboxing my Prem nxt week!!!
Chuck your Game of Thrones Tutorial is Legendary

#9420 3 years ago

Hello all. Just got a premium and the Stern Shooter. Wish shooter came with instructions. Can’t get mine to light up. Connected to small board on the left. Don’t see where you have to turn it on in the settings.

Anyone else have any issues with theirs. Thanks

#9421 3 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello all. Just got a premium and the Stern Shooter. Wish shooter came with instructions. Can’t get mine to light up. Connected to small board on the left. Don’t see where you have to turn it on in the settings.
Anyone else have any issues with theirs. Thanks

Make sure you on the latest code. It wasn’t activated within the code until one of the recent updates.

#9422 3 years ago

Figures the Doctor would know. I am using a really old code. Game was built in Feb 2020. Thanks.

#9423 3 years ago

My buddy and I played about 20 games today on a location Premium. The sound was almost all the way down, and there were 4 young kids playing a free-play shooter next to us the whole time, but we still really enjoyed it. As an aside it was funny to hear a 6-year-old say “fuck!” And then hear his dad come by later and say “come on, ya little shit stain”. Total Cousin Eddie moment.

The TK lock only worked once to lock a ball to the backboard, but we still got several TK MBs with what I assume were virtual locks. It reminded me of my JM glove that would sometimes just disable itself. Hopefully this one was a fluke. Other than that, man what a fun game! We had several games between 50M and 120M, and then I finally had a 350M game with Total Isolation. I love a pin with an achievable mini-wizard mode (my Stern JP is lacking in that area). Flow was great, and I found all the shots easier than on JP. However it’s still a tough, fast game. Gotta get that Spell of Protection as soon as possible! The right orbit rattles a little, but I still made the shot about 75% of the time. Overall, it’s a well-designed layout. We had 3 ball hangs on the one-way gate leading to the Mystery shot, but I’m guessing there’s a fix for that.

STh will make a great league game. We played EHOH after STh, and yeah it was really pretty and fun, but man what long ball times. Ops should be charging double for EHOH, given the cost and how long it plays.

#9424 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My buddy and I played about 20 games today on a location Premium. The sound was almost all the way down, and there were 4 young kids playing a free-play shooter next to us the whole time, but we still really enjoyed it. As an aside it was funny to hear a 6-year-old say “fuck!” And then hear his dad come by later and say “come on, ya little shit stain”. Total Cousin Eddie moment.
The TK lock only worked once to lock a ball to the backboard, but we still got several TK MBs with what I assume were virtual locks. It reminded me of my JM glove that would sometimes just disable itself. Hopefully this one was a fluke. Other than that, man what a fun game! We had several games between 50M and 120M, and then I finally had a 350M game with Total Isolation. I love a pin with an achievable mini-wizard mode (my Stern JP is lacking in that area). Flow was great, and I found all the shots easier than on JP. However it’s still a tough, fast game. Gotta get that Spell of Protection as soon as possible! The right orbit rattles a little, but I still made the shot about 75% of the time. Overall, it’s a well-designed layout. We had 3 ball hangs on the one-way gate leading to the Mystery shot, but I’m guessing there’s a fix for that.
STh will make a great league game. We played EHOH after STh, and yeah it was really pretty and fun, but man what long ball times. Ops should be charging double for EHOH, given the cost and how long it plays.

every time I use the spell of protection and I hear Will's (?) voice say 'Spell of protection' I mimic his puny little voice as I say it myself ouloud... try it, it is hilarious. You're welcome.

or is it just me?

Now seriously, I do get the ball stuck behind the wire form on the mystery switch, a little jiggle and it keeps on moving but I will need to fix it.

#9425 3 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow, picking up a pro. Never saw the show, so the theme doesn't mean anything to me. But sounds like a fun game, so when one appears for sale 90 min away, I buy it to try it.

#9426 3 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow, picking up a pro. Never saw the show, so the theme doesn't mean anything to me.

Did the same thing and loving the game. Makes me want to watch the show see what the games all about.

#9427 3 years ago

So my LE is coming next week, but I finally got to play the game today for the first time on location(pro) at Jillys arcade in Ocean City, NJ. Ive heard how hard it is to hit the ball in the demigorgons mouth for months. And I attempted to hit this shot 3 times.......and I put the ball in the mouth all 3 times. 3 for 3 first time ever playing. all from left flipper about mid flipper from craddle. Did the arcade just have it set up at the perfect angle, or is there a way to make this shot easier? if so I want to copy what they did! The bubble was just touching the first top line so Id say it was 6.7/8ish. If theres no perfect setup am I just extremely lucky or am I a god? Im ok/good at pinball but not great. Anyways I cant wait to get my LE later this week.

#9428 3 years ago

You found one that wasn’t bad out of the box is my guess. It happens. More than likely your game will be next to impossible to make from either flipper when you get it set up. Hopefully I’m wrong. Haha.

Plenty of help to get it playing right though. It’s all in this thread discussed in detail many times.

#9429 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You found one that wasn’t bad out of the box is my guess. It happens. More than likely your game will be next to impossible to make from either flipper when you get it set up. Hopefully I’m wrong. Haha.
Plenty of help to get it playing right though. It’s all in this thread discussed in detail many times.

Hehe thanks

#9430 3 years ago

you guys are making a lot of assumptions with little backstory.
Was this game purchased new in

So my LE is coming next week, but I finally got to play the game today for the first time on location(pro) at Jillys arcade in Ocean City, NJ. Ive heard how hard it is to hit the ball in the demigorgons mouth for months. And I attempted to hit this shot 3 times.......and I put the ball in the mouth all 3 times. 3 for 3 first time ever playing. all from left flipper about mid flipper from craddle. Did the arcade just have it set up at the perfect angle, or is there a way to make this shot easier? if so I want to copy what they did! The bubble was just touching the first top line so Id say it was 6.7/8ish. If theres no perfect setup am I just extremely lucky or am I a god? Im ok/good at pinball but not great. Anyways I cant wait to get my LE later this week.

Its not the angle of the game, a lot of people had to take it apart and change things to make the shot makable. Maybe that's what they did.

#9431 3 years ago

Well ill also give Jillys arcade some props for having a bunch of machines new and old for 25 cents a play. Fun arcade

#9432 3 years ago

Yeah, I was very happy to have the chance to pump some dollars into a location STh Premium at My Parents’ Basement in Decatur. It was a popular game while we were there.

#9433 3 years ago

hey chuckwurt I have been tinkering with my TK and now I find it very inconsistent, I am following your instructions and sterns... by looking at your pictures you mentioned that the diverter has to be 12 to 13/16" off the TK wall and you also mentioned that when the ball is riding it should not touch the outside portion of the diverter (metal shield / bracket).... I think that here is where the issue is for me but I cannot find consistency, the TK is very unrealiable even when the game is cold.
all the other setting seem to be right.

Ideas?

#9434 3 years ago

Something else to check.

Make sure the rubber stopper/coil stop on the diverter mech is adjusted so that the diverter arm doesn’t touch the ramp when it’s at rest. Make sure it’s about a mm away.

If you do this stuff right, the ball should zoom up there no problem. If it’s not doing that, something wasn’t adjusted right.

#9435 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Something else to check.
Make sure the rubber stopper/coil stop on the diverter mech is adjusted so that the diverter arm doesn’t touch the ramp when it’s at rest. Make sure it’s about a mm away.
If you do this stuff right, the ball should zoom up there no problem. If it’s not doing that, something wasn’t adjusted right.

all the settings are as per the guidelines, maybe the diverter was touching the ramp by a hair literally, so it is 1mm away now...not sure if that is going to do anything...

in the picture where you have the ball sitting on the diverter, there is some space in between the ball and the back/shield of the diverter... if you had to guess how much distance that is, what do you think it would be? I am not sure I can tell in the pic, it looks like maybe 1 to 1.5 mm so I am trying to mimic that in mine...

seems to be better now, but it still needs a solid and perfect shot to make it all the way up or it otherwise seems to not make it... when it does make it though, it seems to be smooth, so it is hard to tell if it is not making because of weak shot or else.

I am wondering if anybody in the pinball industry might be willing to redesign this mech and make it better? if the game takes on popularity I can see this happening and this is probably a poor designed toy as it is now... did that ever happened before in this industry?

#9436 3 years ago

Do you have the new adjustable ramp cover? Move that to the left more.

#9437 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:So my LE is coming next week, but I finally got to play the game today for the first time on location(pro) at Jillys arcade in Ocean City, NJ. Ive heard how hard it is to hit the ball in the demigorgons mouth for months. And I attempted to hit this shot 3 times.......and I put the ball in the mouth all 3 times. 3 for 3 first time .

I had the exact same experience on the Pro I played for a few hours before ordering my Premium. It was like every ramp shot funneled to the mouth. I got 180M on a What’s That demogorgan mode (3 perfect mouth shots in a row with double scoring). Turns out Premium and LE’s aren’t that way... but the projector and TK lock make up for the increased demo difficulty. Good decision getting the LE!

#9438 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have the new adjustable ramp cover? Move that to the left more.

I do not have the adjustable cover, it is coming... should I take the cover off and see what happens?

#9439 3 years ago

Sure. But the ball is going to fly across the whole game if you don’t turn down the flipper power. Haha.

#9440 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sure. But the ball is going to fly across the whole game if you don’t turn down the flipper power. Haha.

lol, ok then maybe I will not do that....

#9441 3 years ago

The cover impedes the ball significantly. The stock cover cannot be adjusted, so the adjustments need to be absolutely perfect in order for it to work consistently. The new cover allows you to slide it back and forth to make the adjustments easier. Having that makes this process way easier.

#9442 3 years ago

seems to be better now, but it still needs a solid and perfect shot to make it all the way up or it otherwise seems to not make it... when it does make it though, it seems to be smooth, so it is hard to tell if it is not making because of weak shot or else.
I

If you shoot it up the ramp and the ball doesn't lock and you think to yourself, that should have made it, then install the new ramp cover.

I have found on my machine that it improved the lock efficiency, especially on questionable ramp shots.

#9443 3 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

If you shoot it up the ramp and the ball doesn't lock and you think to yourself, that should have made it, then install the new ramp cover.
I have found on my machine that it improved the lock efficiency, especially on questionable ramp shots.

Good to know. I didn't install the new cover because everything seems to be adjusted properly but I'd say I'm about 50% on TK lock shots that SHOULD lock. Obviously backhands from the left flipper won't but that's known. Backhand is good to start TI1 and 2 though

I will get the new cover on this week to see if it helps.

#9444 3 years ago

If the shot is dialed in, sloppy shots should make it most of the time too. Had one the other night that grazed the ramp standups on its way up and still made it easy. Also rattling shots should still make it too.

The small adjustments I made after I took it to the Pinbrew show made it so smooth I had to drastically reduce the flipper power to compensate as it was flying past the magnet. Haha

#9445 3 years ago

I didn't know this game had a left orbit-to-right-ramp shot. Awesome!

#9446 3 years ago

I took some slow motion vids and I am having a hard time seeing what is cover exactly doing but I am sure it does something, with that said, I cannot tell if for example having the adjustability would provide any benefit... I can see the ball almost bouncing on/off the diverter as it makes contact...

Please, take a look and see if you pick up anything else?

#9447 3 years ago

Try pushing the diverter arm down with your finger. Don’t be shy. Push it hard towards the floor of the ramp.

Also, take the ramp cover off to see the difference it makes. It makes a huge difference. Then you’ll understand why the adjustable one makes sense.

#9448 3 years ago

Your arm is also wobbling a lot back and forth after it engages. I’m sure that’s not helping. Make sure to tighten the nut a the end of the diverter arm underneath the ramp per the stern PDF.

Also tighten this behind the backboard.

00603D74-A3F2-4106-B5C9-CCA7FEAC7229 (resized).jpeg00603D74-A3F2-4106-B5C9-CCA7FEAC7229 (resized).jpeg
#9449 3 years ago

Not sure how to post a slo mo to YT. To keeps making it normal speed when I do.

But yeah on mine, it bounces up, hits the cover, bounces off the diverter and clears the last 1/8 of an inch of the diverter arm and goes to the back board. Haha.

Hard to tell when your ball is hitting the cover since your video is so shaky, but it’s definitely hitting it.

#9450 3 years ago

yeah I just looked, everything seems to be alright back there, the wiggle comes from that Allen type bolt which is right under the ramp and it is impossible to reach...

In another TK I have seen recently it has the exact same wiggle, mind you that one also does not work... mine was working ok until I started 'tuning' it lol...

I just played a game and it was 50% rejects, very frustrating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/189?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.