IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 448.
#9351 3 years ago

Ok I couldnt find a premium anywhere so I may have just ordered the last NIB LE. Coming Friday. I have the shooter rod already and topper is coming from cointaker. UV kit coming from pinballs.com.

What do I need to know to set this machine up properly to start?

#9352 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok I couldnt find a premium anywhere so I may have just ordered the last NIB LE. Coming Friday. I have the shooter rod already and topper is coming from cointaker. UV kit coming from pinballs.com.
What do I need to know to set this machine up properly to start?

Play it first and see how it goes. Mine wasn’t bad.
I did adjust the demogorgan. Page 65 of this thread. It was easy actually.

#9353 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stock LE speakers and speaker lights are from
Speakerlightkits.com

Ahh...forgot that you have an LE. Nice.

#9354 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Playboy first and see how it goes. Mine wasn’t bad.
I did adjust the demogorgan. Page 65 of this thread. It was easy actually.

playboy= play it? hehe your autofill knows you! Mostly I hear that the TK lock needs adjusting out of the box. So I need to find where that is located in this thread.

#9355 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

playboy= play it? hehe your autofill knows you! Mostly I hear that the TK lock needs adjusting out of the box. So I need to find where that is located in this thread.

Please make sure to read the whole post. All the PDFs and all the other notes and pictures. Then report back if you have questions.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#9356 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please make sure to read the whole post. All the PDFs and all the other notes and pictures. Then report back if you have questions.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

thanks chuck. will see how the game plays and then take a look if needed. cant wait for the game to come(and UV kit to come later). I think zach did a video of uv kit install a while back...

#9357 3 years ago

Pro owners... has anyone had the up-post get stuck?

My up-post seems to get stuck in the up position (maybe 50% of the time). It isn't catching on the ramp. I'll inspect the assembly tomorrow but just curious if this is common.
When it gets stuck, any jostling will release it. So if I am playing, I know to hit the flippers if the post doesn't drop. That coil strike is enough of a shake to get the post to drop.

#9358 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/26#post-5456467

Quoted from dinot:

My up-post seems to get stuck in the up position (maybe 50% of the time). It isn't catching on the ramp. I'll inspect the assembly tomorrow but just curious if this is common.
When it gets stuck, any jostling will release it. So if I am playing, I know to hit the flippers if the post doesn't drop. That coil strike is enough of a shake to get the post to drop.

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I have not had that happen on this machine but I have on my munsters which uses a similar up post mech, just not as tall. I took the mech apart and cleaned it and have not had the issue since. There is not a lot to it. Good luck.

#9360 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I have not had that happen on this machine but I have on my munsters which uses a similar up post mech, just not as tall. I took the mech apart and cleaned it and have not had the issue since. There is not a lot to it. Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I will do that tonight.

#9361 3 years ago

FWIW I picked up two machines at my disti (I am in Chicago area) and asked where the hell are the toppers for Stranger Things, he said Stern has been very sporadic on shipping them to distis. Likely supply chain issues. When I emailed Melissa at Cointaker she didn't have an ETA on my order with them either. So it looks like we just have to wait it out.

#9362 3 years ago

I'm still waiting for mine too. Not all distributors have received them yet. I can't wait to get it!!! my mini arcade (current set up) is nearly complete!

#9363 3 years ago

Still waiting for my topper. This sucks. I can’t imagine they put out a large amount of preorders for it. Still waiting for Elvira also and I have the topper but not the game lol.

#9364 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Still waiting for my topper. This sucks. I can’t imagine they put out a large amount of preorders for it. Still waiting for Elvira also and I have the topper but not the game lol.

I’m in the same boat lol. Have my stranger things but waiting for my topper. Have my SW topper but waiting for my game.

#9365 3 years ago

Anyone had flippers and lights go dead mid game for just a second on latest code? Reseated all connectors and played another game and seems ok. First time doing it wasn’t sure if it was a code issue or something else? Just hooked up topper few days ago not sure if that would effect anything?

#9366 3 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

First time doing it wasn’t sure if it was a code issue or something else?

Something else. Could be a node board issue.

#9367 3 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

Anyone had flippers and lights go dead mid game for just a second on latest code? Reseated all connectors and played another game and seems ok. First time doing it wasn’t sure if it was a code issue or something else? Just hooked up topper few days ago not sure if that would effect anything?

I’ve had them go dead after demo mode 5. So after the 60 sec timer they went dead as normal.. balls drained. Then a ball was served with the “keep playing” notice. Flippers flipped once and then dead. Game over too. It was a bummer. Only did that once out of the 7-8 times I played that mode.

#9368 3 years ago

Played a few games since checking all connectors and power cycling and seems to be good now. Just seeing if anyone else has had that issue. Thanks!

#9369 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’ve had them go dead after demo mode 5. So after the 60 sec timer they went dead as normal.. balls drained. Then a ball was served with the “keep playing” notice. Flippers flipped once and then dead. Game over too. It was a bummer. Only did that once out of the 7-8 times I played that mode.

Yeah that mode is still buggy unfortunately.

#9370 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I’m in the same boat lol. Have my stranger things but waiting for my topper. Have my SW topper but waiting for my game.

Sometimes you have to get the topper before the pin. I picked up BKSOR topper before I even had the pin also. Hopefully you get SW sooner than later.

#9371 3 years ago

Folks,

I am curious if this behavior is as intended.

When I get a ball eject from under the demogorgon the ball will sometimes just nudge the stand up target (E) and shift to the outer edge of the left flipper. Sometimes, it goes to the middle of the left flipper.

Shooting the right inner loop with velocity will sometimes force the ball to the right flipper. (If it grazes that stand up target) If it is hit with not a ton of velocity that ball will come around SDTM.

That stand up target looks like it is as far left as it can go.

Just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks.

#9372 3 years ago

Ball should never touch that target coming down the guide. Need to adjust it so it doesn’t do that. You should get repeatable inner orbit shots from the left flipper.

#9373 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ball should never touch that target coming down the guide. Need to adjust it so it doesn’t do that. You should get repeatable inner orbit shots from the left flipper.

Thanks. I will check both the guide (to see if it can shift right) and the standup to see if it can shift left.

#9374 3 years ago

ignore.

#9375 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

OMG!!! Thank you. It was the lane guide.

Had to remove the bottom half of the left ramp, a clear plastic under that ramp and the plastic covering the lane guide.
Loosened the 1 wood screw at the bottom of the lane guide, pushed the lane guide towards the middle of the PF, and re-tightened. Though I haven't played the game since I adjusted the lane guide (will wake my wife...and the games are 2 floors away from her...gggrrr.....) I can roll the ball and it is fine. Whether I launch the ball into the right inner loop or let it dribble from the demogorgon kickout, the ball hits the middle of the left flipper. Before it would hit anywhere from the tip of the left flipper to the middle of the right flipper.

I suspect that I will enjoy it much better now because 25% of the shots to the right inner loop before would go SDTM.

What clued me in was watching the youtube video of the UV Kit (from TNT) and Todd hit the Demogorgon on the first shot from the eject. It was impossible for me to do that because the ball would end up at the tip of that left flipper.

It is friggin killing me to not be able to play it now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that mode is still buggy unfortunately.

Honestly I am glad to read this, because it's happened to me as well, so at least I know it's not something wrong with the machine.

#9377 3 years ago

Someone already has the Stranger Things topper on ebay for 2600.

#9378 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Are you going to buy it?

#9379 3 years ago

wait, are you saying that there is a market for toppers?

#9380 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you going to buy it?

...........yes

#9381 3 years ago

Just kidding, but I thought you could still get them for 650 or whatever.

#9382 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just kidding, but I thought you could still get them for 650 or whatever.

you can

#9383 3 years ago

So anyone think we will see our toppers arrive in May? Apparently Stern made very few in the first run.

#9384 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It'll be $2000 on Black Friday

#9385 3 years ago

My stranger things arcade arrived today. It’s awesome!!!!
Shout out to quality arcades for the fast build and ship. Its exactly what I wanted. Looks rad across from STH pin.
40AFAFFF-173D-4444-A282-8FD9A01D0D3C (resized).jpeg40AFAFFF-173D-4444-A282-8FD9A01D0D3C (resized).jpegBD5825DD-6FE7-4B69-9707-9942A6DE152F (resized).jpegBD5825DD-6FE7-4B69-9707-9942A6DE152F (resized).jpeg

B60610E4-62BD-415B-A40E-2B5B8F34903F (resized).jpegB60610E4-62BD-415B-A40E-2B5B8F34903F (resized).jpeg

#9386 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

My stranger things arcade arrived today. It’s awesome!!!!
Shout out to quality arcades for the fast build and ship. Its exactly what I wanted. Looks rad across from STH pin.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Congrats - looks great!

#9387 3 years ago

Hey guys received my pro today!

But unfortunately I have an issue with the middle ramp. It looks like something is missing on the left side to hold it in place.

Any suggestions? It goes down but then won’t raise back up and moving it up it’s wonky and loose.

EB077326-D253-4B5F-8719-5CA7F4293841 (resized).jpegEB077326-D253-4B5F-8719-5CA7F4293841 (resized).jpeg
#9388 3 years ago

Call your distributor. Looks like you’re missing parts.

#9389 3 years ago

That's crazy that it shipped like that.

#9390 3 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Hey guys received my pro today!
But unfortunately I have an issue with the middle ramp. It looks like something is missing on the left side to hold it in place.
Any suggestions? It goes down but then won’t raise back up and moving it up it’s wonky and loose.[quoted image]

Looks like someone at the factory wanted to go home on time that day. What great QC.

#9391 3 years ago

you guys are making a lot of assumptions with little backstory.
Was this game purchased new in box?

#9392 3 years ago

looking foreword to installing UV glow rings at the same time my UV kit . Has anyone gotten there UV kits from coin taker ? I was told mid march

#9393 3 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

looking foreword to installing UV glow rings at the same time my UV kit . Has anyone gotten there UV kits from coin taker ? I was told mid march

still waiting on mine ordered in mid January. they have been very nice over the phone, but each time I checked they haven't gotten any useful timing information back from Stern. I haven't called in a while but emailed a few weeks ago and still no word on the UV or the topper.

#9394 3 years ago

Get used to it. Stern is terrible on communication. Stuff just shows up one day. They typically reply with two more weeks every two weeks. Haha

#9395 3 years ago

Just got my titan glow set. Whats everybody favorite plastic protector color? Purple/ Blue or Pink?

#9396 3 years ago

My flipper fans arrive Monday. Looking forward to seeing how they affect the game play!

#9397 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:you guys are making a lot of assumptions with little backstory.
Was this game purchased new in box?

Yes new in box unfortunately!

#9398 3 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Actually that’s good because you have a distributor assigned to your purchase that can help you. Contact them.

#9399 3 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Still waiting as well. I contacted them in mid-March and they still hadn’t heard anything.

#9400 3 years ago
Quoted from Johny111:

Take a look inside the cab, the parts you need might be there... could have fallen out during transpo.

Unless something major is missing, that part is held by a philips screw...

Might be worth a try

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.