IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 448.
#9301 3 years ago

I’ve held off on buying a classic arcade until this happened....
It’s on its way

CFDB3596-D2EE-470A-96AD-B5C5FF9FB127 (resized).jpegCFDB3596-D2EE-470A-96AD-B5C5FF9FB127 (resized).jpeg
#9302 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It’s on its way [quoted image]

This goes great with my Stranger Things LE.

C25E7B99-5FBA-48E7-9D19-9A9BDC63FF86 (resized).jpegC25E7B99-5FBA-48E7-9D19-9A9BDC63FF86 (resized).jpeg
#9303 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. I ordered with Trent and he hasn't gotten his yet. LSOG has some kind of shyster deal with Stern.

Waited forever for Stern to finally show us the topper and hopefully we won’t have to wait forever to get it. Ughh

#9304 3 years ago

What size rubbers do I need for bumpers? My pro arrives this week!!

#9305 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine have been on since I got the UV kit. So over 1500 games so far and still going strong. Did you get the right sizes?

It was the flipper rubbers and post sleeves. Posts get super worn and puffy and the flipper rubbers split completely. but this WAS on a LedZep pro that saw a ton of play the last 2 months. I had the same thought, back to SuperBands

#9306 3 years ago

did you guys check the right orbit, (gotta see from the side of the pops) and also the guides leading to the pops. Looks like there is some major PF scratching there, especially on the right orbit...
Anybody adding washers to the guides? seems like a common issue with Sterns...

#9307 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

did you guys check the right orbit, (gotta see from the side of the pops) and also the guides leading to the pops. Looks like there is some major PF scratching there, especially on the right orbit...
Anybody adding washers to the guides? seems like a common issue with Sterns...

Show us pics of the scratching and posts.

#9308 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine have been on since I got the UV kit. So over 1500 games so far and still going strong. Did you get the right sizes?

Yes, I ordered the kit the way they sell it. My experience is bad. At least for 1 slingshot and a flipper band.

#9309 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Only problem 100 games? That’s like buying new tires and only lasting 1000 miles. What a rip off.

Did I get a bad batch? May be. I am not complaining, but I am not buying them again.

#9310 3 years ago

Have all glow in the dark Titan rubbers installed with well over 500 plays. No issues what so ever. I would contact them.

#9311 3 years ago

I've got close to 2500 plays on my glow in the dark titans now. One of the slings started to separate a while back. I started rotating them a bit each time I clean and they have lasted. Will need to replace soon though.

#9312 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Show us pics of the scratching and posts.

the guide leading into the pops is not too bad. The most problematic one I think is the right orbit.
Post sleeves (drop target) pics also included.

IMG_5728 (resized).jpegIMG_5728 (resized).jpegIMG_5729 (resized).jpegIMG_5729 (resized).jpegIMG_5730 (resized).jpegIMG_5730 (resized).jpegIMG_5732 (resized).jpegIMG_5732 (resized).jpegIMG_5733 (resized).jpegIMG_5733 (resized).jpegIMG_5734 (resized).jpegIMG_5734 (resized).jpegIMG_5735 (resized).jpegIMG_5735 (resized).jpegIMG_5737 (resized).jpegIMG_5737 (resized).jpeg
#9313 3 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It’s on its way [quoted image]

That looks awesome! coasterguy Have a link for the manufacturer?

#9314 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. I ordered with Trent and he hasn't gotten his yet. LSOG has some kind of shyster deal with Stern.

Still waiting on the uv kit from January. So frustrating!

#9315 3 years ago

there is a lot of vibration by all the coils on the back, I am sure that will not help, not to mention the inertia generated by the diverter, it just happens to be in the same direction the whole assemble adjusts.

One thing I noticed is that mine is less reliable, but not until after at least 20 minutes of play. As I get better and play longer, I think the flipper fade is starting to be a factor. I ordered Pinmonk's new fan kit, and I'm waiting to get that (chomping at the bit).

Another thing I noticed that I think might mean it's adjusted pretty well, is that several times, when the machine is cold, I'll get the ball on the wall when there is NO lock light, which is odd because I assume the diverter is not triggered. It usually ejects the ball off the wall after a second or two, when that happens. Hopefully that is a sign that when the fans are installed it should be very reliable.

#9316 3 years ago

I am not a fan of the TK engineering, I find it was a lazy design and it is poorly executed. If I am allowed to be critical:
I should not be bothered with so many variables, adjustability, ramp covers, flipper power... It just seem like a recipe for disaster.
The concept is great, but the design just has too many variables and reliability will always be on the poor side.

#9317 3 years ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

That looks awesome! coasterguy Have a link for the manufacturer?

https://www.qualityarcades.com/

My experience has been excellent so far. I have not received the game yet.
I choose full wrap, 2-player, with track ball, and custom graphics. I requested stranger things and that’s what they came up with
It has all happened very fast as well.

#9318 3 years ago

Damn this topper is UNREAL!!!

Check out the Ultimate Upside Down Edition of Stranger Things Pinball

#9319 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Looking for a NIB Premium and none are to be had......

#9320 3 years ago

I whipped these up yesterday.
Free Play.jpgFree Play.jpg

Instructions.jpgInstructions.jpg
#9321 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I just want my damn topper already!! Come on Zach where’s my order? I can’t imagine they made or are going to make many.

#9322 3 years ago

I just want my damn topper already!! Come on Zach where’s my order? I can’t imagine they made or are going to make many.

I got mine from Zach 4/3

#9323 3 years ago

It’s coming I promise Hopefully they are whipping up more as we speak

#9324 3 years ago

Many were asking about the screen material swap, so I made a thread here for those curious and/or willing to tackle it (includes links to materials used): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details

It is a bit tedious, but the result is awesome if done correctly.

Let me know what I may have left out, and feel free to ask questions in the thread.

I won't be selling anything, and the 3D parts I made are now free to download on Thingiverse (the bulb cones aren't plug and play, so perhaps read the instructions before proceeding). Links in the thread.

As this swap has turned the game from iffy into a keeper for me, I'll hope to find a proper way to mod it eventually (perhaps later this year).

#9325 3 years ago

Anyone got their topper from coin taker yet?

#9326 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Not Yet

#9327 3 years ago

Question if I may, and if I missed it searching the thread my apologies, how in the hell do you get the telekinesis ramp completely off of this game? I needed to get it off to get the back right ramp off to replace those sling rubbers back there but could never figure it out so I just gave up and left those back 2 rubbers stock. Otherwise, this game is freaking amazing and I really don't understand the negativity around it. SOOOOO happy I was able to pick one up.

Thanks,
Jeff

#9328 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Nope. I hate when they list items as “in stock.” I waited 2 months for TBL side blades that were “in stock” in their website.

#9329 3 years ago

Great video Zach, could you list all the mods you added to the pin? Thanks.

Quoted from ZMeny:

#9330 3 years ago

Stats from Pinbrew. 408 plays! Thursday was dead so this was really over two days.

Also the coil stop unscrewed a few turns on the TK lock and caused to TK lock to fall out of harmony. All good now!

9BFB5431-DF80-47A0-A52C-2200995845B1 (resized).jpeg9BFB5431-DF80-47A0-A52C-2200995845B1 (resized).jpeg
#9331 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stats from Pinbrew. 408 plays! Thursday was dead so this was really over two days.
Also the coil stop unscrewed a few turns on the TK lock and caused to TK lock to fall out of harmony. All good now![quoted image]

What do you have for speakers and lights? Upgraded speakers? That looks awesome.

#9332 3 years ago

Stock LE speakers and speaker lights are from

Speakerlightkits.com

#9333 3 years ago

I am interested in maybe bettering the audio of my premium but I am not interested in having an external sub nor adding boards or any electronic that might void my warranty, for example, any amplifier system etc.

What kind of improvement will I see if I just get better speakers? Any?

#9334 3 years ago

I am interested in maybe bettering the audio of my premium but I am not interested in having an external sub nor adding boards or any electronic that might void my warranty, for example, any amplifier system etc.

You really need to come over to see what the external sub brings to the experience. The bigger the cab speaker you put the more rattle you will get, and you will still be nowhere NEAR the awesomeness of an external sub. I use pinnovators universal connection kits, as well as the mixer boxes that let you connect 4 machines to 1 sub. Nothing that voids any warranty.

In my case I have 6 machines in 2 subs (3/3). the external sub adds so much atmosphere. Just be aware that once you come over and hear the difference you will want to do the same.

#9335 3 years ago

Some. Not much. External sub is possibly the most important add on for this game outside of the UV kit.

#9336 3 years ago

Pinwoofer is what you're looking for. I have it on my GNRCE and it's a game changer for sure. I like it because you don't need the external woofer. I know people like them and they do make a difference, but I can't stand seeing how they look under my pinballs.

#9337 3 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

Nope. I hate when they list items as “in stock.” I waited 2 months for TBL side blades that were “in stock” in their website.

Still waiting on the topper and UV light kit, both from cointaker. Sounds to me like they were promised a specific amount from Stern so they sold the ones they had allocations for. However, the timing is a wildcard it seems. Been over 3 months since I ordered the UV kit. At the end of the day, as long as I get them, I'm okay with it because I know they can't control the timing from Stern. Really sucks having to wait this long, though.

#9338 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Pinwoofer is what you're looking for. I have it on my GNRCE and it's a game changer for sure. I like it because you don't need the external woofer. I know people like home but I can't stand seeing them under my pinballs

I have pinwoofers for one of my Sterns prem. I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10 for sound quality (for a Stern):

Regular Stern speakers = 4
Regular + external sub = 7
Pinwoofers = 6.5
Pinwoofers + sub = 9

#9339 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also the coil stop unscrewed a few turns on the TK lock and caused to TK lock to fall out of harmony. All good now![quoted image]

Hey Chuck, what do you mean by "coil stop"? is what you had to tighten shown in this picture?

6f8b75b1e8b14426f42955e80823200dc01912b7 (resized).jpg6f8b75b1e8b14426f42955e80823200dc01912b7 (resized).jpg
#9340 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Hey Chuck, what do you mean by "coil stop"? is what you had to tighten shown in this picture?[quoted image]

must the rubber bumper on the left hand side. it holds the diverter against the ramp when not activated.

#9341 3 years ago

BTW, I figured what is damaging my post sleeves. It is the drop down targets.... what I have not figured out is why they are doing that... I presume they flex when get hit...(?) No idea yet, but it is definitely the drop down targets on the sides that are poking the sleeves and slowly making it turn with each hit, creating what it looks like a straight cut.

I am getting annoyed with this game. *sad trombone*

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

Hey Chuck, what do you mean by "coil stop"? is what you had to tighten shown in this picture?[quoted image]

This. You want that adjusted so the diverter arm is not touching the ramp when at rest. Like just a hair off the ramp. When you have it adjusted where you want it, make sure the nut on the other side is nice and tight so it doesn’t work itself loose after lots of plays like mine did.

6EB1CD96-A2E1-4DF4-A907-D7E8596D98C7 (resized).jpeg6EB1CD96-A2E1-4DF4-A907-D7E8596D98C7 (resized).jpeg
#9343 3 years ago

BTW, I figured what is damaging my post sleeves. It is the drop down targets.... what I have not figured out is why they are doing that... I presume they flex then get hit... No idea yet, but it is definitely the drop down targets on the sides that are poking the sleeves...
I am getting annoyed with this game, lol.

Mine have a scare in the middle of them too like yours. Just noticed. I just spun them around. I’ve never seen a post sleeve break in my life, but I guess there’s a first time for everything.

#9344 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This. You want that adjusted so the diverter arm is not touching the ramp when at rest. Like just a hair off the ramp. When you have it adjusted where you want it, make sure the nut on the other side is nice and tight so it doesn’t work itself loose after lots of plays like mine did.
[quoted image]

Got it, thanks!

#9345 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine have a scare in the middle of them too like yours. Just noticed. I just spun them around. I’ve never seen a post sleeve break in my life, but I guess there’s a first time for everything.

Yes it is hard to spot because the game is dark there. Took me a while...
Replacing those sleeves is going to be a bitch

#9346 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It’s coming I promise Hopefully they are whipping up more as we speak

I was just kidding but damn I can’t wait to get it. It looks great.

#9347 3 years ago

Yes it is hard to spot because the game is dark there. Took me a while...
Replacing those sleeves is going to be a bitch

I’m over 2k plays in and they haven’t broken yet. I’d say at least 2k more before they snap. So that’s probably another 1-2 years from now. I’m okay with that. Haha

#9348 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m over 2k plays in and they haven’t broken yet. I’d say at least 2k more before they snap. So that’s probably another 1-2 years from now. I’m okay with that. Haha

did you notice if any of the ball guides are rubbing on the PF. I posted some pics earlier. It is in places that are not visible anyway, I actually do not care but wondering.
And that is a good timeline I guess, I just thought they were going to break a lot sooner, but if yours are like that, I am sure it just stabilizes there until they eventually break in half.

#9349 3 years ago

No lane guide issues. Small creases down by where the apron touches the playfield, but that’s it.

#9350 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No lane guide issues. Small creases down by where the apron touches the playfield, but that’s it.

Yeah the apron did the same on mine. Seems common.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/187?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.